By training I'm a criminologist/sociologist. I've been a medic in the service, a counselor at a prison for women, and a private detective. I've picked up some degrees and taught at a couple universities. Now I write detective and mystery stories. I teach introductory and advanced Mystery Fiction for the Gotham Writer's Workshop. I'm also the Managing Editor of the online photo-literary journal Utata.org.
DO NOT SEND FLICKRmail. I almost never read it. Instead I can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- #Flickr10 7,859 photos, 2,512 members
- Cats Cats Cats 407,598 photos, 27,135 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 5,916 photos, 976 members
- Fujifilm X10 73,567 photos, 3,680 members
- FUJIFILM X WORLD 15,434 photos, 323 members
- Just Street Photography 1,544,934 photos, 47,684 members
- Urban Fragments (No People) 989,971 photos, 67,097 members
- Fuji X10, X20 and X30 85,897 photos, 5,989 members
- Utatabot Testing 23 photos, 12 members
- Bike Nation 177,748 photos, 15,507 members
- Alec Soth's "From Here To There" Flickr Project 3,007 photos, 1,141 members
- Crypto-Forestry 185 photos, 58 members
- William Eggleston 62,760 photos, 2,520 members
- NPR Look At This 149,691 photos, 6,160 members
- MINIMAL black&white 42,427 photos, 8,060 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,868 photos, 65,279 members
- be Poladroid ! 81,937 photos, 21,256 members
- Happy birthday, Meera! 17 photos, 28 members
- Flickr Commons 2,235 photos, 1,968 members
- s t i l l 21,241 photos, 1,635 members
- Flickr 888 4,723 photos, 10,290 members
- Nikon Digital 2,235,322 photos, 80,755 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,464,892 photos, 80,977 members
- Entitled 11,307 photos, 1,959 members
- *Clair-Obscur / Darkness-Light* 149,492 photos, 5,464 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 939,624 photos, 120,741 members
- VISUAL POETRY (+ blur -sharp) 1,317 photos, 3,007 members
- I'm A Big Dork 4,845 photos, 312 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,266 photos, 17,810 members
- Blurvision Photo 85,284 photos, 5,459 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,277 photos, 3,218 members
- :10 Things: 6,267 photos, 757 members
- Photoshop Support Group 257,195 photos, 34,153 members
- ! **お散歩カメラ / osanpo camera 481,534 photos, 13,794 members
- Creative self-portraits. 208,062 photos, 20,181 members
- Less Is More... 45,427 photos, 43,272 members
- Walking In Nature 154,751 photos, 6,098 members
- mono no aware 354 photos, 47 members
- The Blink of an Eye 1,975 photos, 2,987 members
- Life in Black & White 776,747 photos, 25,960 members
- Suburbia 21,603 photos, 1,577 members
- Portrait★Faces 80,395 photos, 47,583 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,090,577 photos, 53,199 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 319,664 photos, 21,510 members
- dream or reality? 376,049 photos, 18,903 members
- Lynched 41,651 photos, 2,323 members
- Night Images 1,037,963 photos, 137,406 members
- The Night Shots 76,253 photos, 6,236 members
- Negative Space 36,517 photos, 3,900 members
- ☼Nature: Madre Tierra☼ 115,103 photos, 3,778 members
"Greg sometimes uses words that I have to look up in the dictionary. I like that about him."
July 27th, 2009
"What can I say. I loves me some Greg. He has heart, humor, mystery, he's adorable and he has brains. Oh, does he have brains!! Watch out, he may use them on you. But only in the best possible way. His photos always make you think or giggle or wonder what he has just smoked. And he doesn't mind my exclamations!!!! A patient man, he is. ;)"
January 4th, 2009
Frans Peter Verheyen says:
""I do not write many testimonials, but..........
Here goes number one.
I saw Greg grow in his photography and creativity. He never stops to amaze me, the master of almost minimal photography, but man, can he tell a story with it.
I hardly wait for a new picture, but always on alert for a new one from Greg, can he surprise me even more? And yes he can.
Not only is Greg a great Artist he is also a wise man. He has the “eye” and it shows in his work.
It’s a pleasure to “know” you.
Greg please delete Vrot, that was me on my first tour of duty on Flickr :)"
June 16th, 2008
"Greg is a rock. And a peach. If this sounds impossible, you haven't met Greg yet."
March 25th, 2008
"Take one part Southern gentleman, one part rascal and one part Zen philosopher. Mix those with some over-the-top writing and photographic skills and you have one of the most brilliant and unforgettable personalities in the entire flickr-verse. I don't know how to thank you, Greg, for all you have given us, but this is one way. Thanks Greg. I hope to meet you in person someday."
August 22nd, 2007
Rachael Ashe says:
"Dear Greg, I've been trying to write you this long-overdue testimonial for years, but I've been unable to find the right words. I still don't think I've found them, but here goes...
Greg is the master of the sage comment, and I look forward to his visits to my photo stream. He's always been a wonderful supporter of my work and for this I am very grateful. I adore the writing he does to accompany photos, and was deeply flattered by his written interpretation of some of mine.
His own work is about fine detail and beauty in simplicity. They demonstrate a man with quiet wisdom, kindness, humour, and a beautiful soul.
Greg, I hope someday we can meet in person."
July 16th, 2007
The 10 cent designer says:
"um, I just really like him. I mean have you seen his blog?
go look at it.
March 22nd, 2007
"Greg really is Faramir, you know. He's here undercover ("private detective" indeed). But the quiet wisdom in his photographs give him away."
December 20th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Beyond having such skill with the English language, Greg has an incredibly gifted eye, and a way in which he is able to turn the smallest of this world's details into the most momentous of occasions."
April 28th, 2006
bonnym E. Haus says:
"Sometimes I feel that Greg's images belong to a different world.. a world that's more natural and life is much simpler.....yet, in this world there is much yet to be discovered, and mystery, beauty, and magic lie everywhere.
Through Greg's photos, I met a person with grace, vision, and sophistication...Through his words and actions, I found kindness and support"
August 30th, 2005
"Greg’s photos, pics, captures, topics, works (call it what you will) accomplish the three things great ‘art’ should do: Please realize I speak only for myself and not for the vast majority of others of the human race.
First: He elicits a second glance, then a third, then a stare – a smile, a nod of understanding, and then (with a touch of envy) contemplation.
Second: He creates a smaller world (just for a moment) which he lures you into with his titles, subjects, and his willingness to share (words, pics, ideas – scampering after fireflies … waiting on bees …)
Third: Envy - I envy his skill (with the camera), his eye (for his subjects), his words (titles and comments) and his luck. Not that all encompassing hateful jealousy of a lost love to another, or the more subtle less demanding envy of a sibling but the one that says with a wide face-splitting grin ‘Damn-man, I wish I could’ve taken that shot!’
Thanks Greg - outstanding, stunning stuff!"
August 24th, 2005
"It's Greg's photographs exude a sense of contentment and deep happiness that lesser mortals only aspire to.
Beautiful peaceful photographs of a life well-lived - craftfully composed, with rich colours and delightful captions."
June 29th, 2005
"I originally "found" the it'sgreg stream through FlickrCentral -- I wanted to know who was behind all of the witty and insightful comments. Again and again there would be a comment that floored me and it was always from Greg. So I came to his stream to check it out and was lured in by an illegally adorable dog and then entranced by a garden of eden (later determined to be in ohio). but i'm telling you: watch out for the ducklings. once you see them, you'll never leave this stream."
May 31st, 2005
"You must have enjoyed Greg's pictures to arrive at his profile page.. well, he's got another Easter egg hidden here too in the shape of his excellent and very creative blog! If you haven't already, have a Controlled Skid!"
May 25th, 2005
- December 2004
- I am:
- Male and Single