By training I'm a criminologist/sociologist. I've been a medic in the service, a counselor at a prison for women, and a private detective. I've picked up some degrees and taught at a couple universities. Now I write detective and mystery stories. I teach introductory and advanced Mystery Fiction for the Gotham Writer's Workshop. I'm also the Managing Editor of the online photo-literary journal Utata.org.
DO NOT SEND FLICKRmail. I almost never read it. Instead I can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- #Flickr10 7,821 photos, 2,613 members
- Cats Cats Cats 410,858 photos, 27,284 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 6,164 photos, 995 members
- Fujifilm X10 74,781 photos, 3,702 members
- FUJIFILM X WORLD 15,888 photos, 318 members
- Just Street Photography 1,596,181 photos, 49,877 members
- Urban Fragments (No People) 987,900 photos, 67,969 members
- Fuji X10, X20 and X30 88,183 photos, 6,086 members
- Utatabot Testing 23 photos, 13 members
- Bike Nation 179,135 photos, 15,588 members
- Alec Soth's "From Here To There" Flickr Project 3,037 photos, 1,140 members
- Crypto-Forestry 184 photos, 59 members
- William Eggleston 63,645 photos, 2,565 members
- NPR Look At This 151,895 photos, 6,173 members
- MINIMAL black&white 44,018 photos, 8,222 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,880 photos, 66,414 members
- be Poladroid ! 81,794 photos, 21,236 members
- Happy birthday, Meera! 17 photos, 28 members
- Flickr Commons 2,283 photos, 1,982 members
- s t i l l 21,436 photos, 1,640 members
- Flickr 888 4,718 photos, 10,273 members
- Nikon Digital 2,303,459 photos, 82,827 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,496,242 photos, 81,356 members
- Entitled 11,253 photos, 1,954 members
- *Clair-Obscur / Darkness-Light* 150,703 photos, 5,476 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 948,585 photos, 121,928 members
- VISUAL POETRY (+ blur -sharp) 1,392 photos, 3,031 members
- I'm A Big Dork 4,823 photos, 313 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,252 photos, 17,797 members
- Blurvision Photo 84,946 photos, 5,467 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,276 photos, 3,225 members
- :10 Things: 6,264 photos, 756 members
- Photoshop Support Group 261,280 photos, 34,255 members
- ! **お散歩カメラ / osanpo camera 480,296 photos, 13,843 members
- Creative self-portraits. 208,764 photos, 20,295 members
- Less Is More... 46,445 photos, 44,667 members
- Walking In Nature 156,691 photos, 6,167 members
- mono no aware 355 photos, 47 members
- The Blink of an Eye 1,970 photos, 2,984 members
- Life in Black & White 800,225 photos, 26,565 members
- Suburbia 22,065 photos, 1,594 members
- Portrait★Faces 81,490 photos, 47,969 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,107,961 photos, 53,686 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 318,002 photos, 21,683 members
- dream or reality? 384,331 photos, 19,121 members
- Lynched 42,167 photos, 2,338 members
- Night Images 1,046,804 photos, 139,267 members
- The Night Shots 77,064 photos, 6,270 members
- Negative Space 36,779 photos, 3,950 members
- ☼Nature: Madre Tierra☼ 115,230 photos, 3,788 members
"Greg sometimes uses words that I have to look up in the dictionary. I like that about him."
July 27th, 2009
"What can I say. I loves me some Greg. He has heart, humor, mystery, he's adorable and he has brains. Oh, does he have brains!! Watch out, he may use them on you. But only in the best possible way. His photos always make you think or giggle or wonder what he has just smoked. And he doesn't mind my exclamations!!!! A patient man, he is. ;)"
January 4th, 2009
Frans Peter Verheyen says:
""I do not write many testimonials, but..........
Here goes number one.
I saw Greg grow in his photography and creativity. He never stops to amaze me, the master of almost minimal photography, but man, can he tell a story with it.
I hardly wait for a new picture, but always on alert for a new one from Greg, can he surprise me even more? And yes he can.
Not only is Greg a great Artist he is also a wise man. He has the “eye” and it shows in his work.
It’s a pleasure to “know” you.
Greg please delete Vrot, that was me on my first tour of duty on Flickr :)"
June 16th, 2008
"Greg is a rock. And a peach. If this sounds impossible, you haven't met Greg yet."
March 25th, 2008
"Take one part Southern gentleman, one part rascal and one part Zen philosopher. Mix those with some over-the-top writing and photographic skills and you have one of the most brilliant and unforgettable personalities in the entire flickr-verse. I don't know how to thank you, Greg, for all you have given us, but this is one way. Thanks Greg. I hope to meet you in person someday."
August 22nd, 2007
Rachael Ashe says:
"Dear Greg, I've been trying to write you this long-overdue testimonial for years, but I've been unable to find the right words. I still don't think I've found them, but here goes...
Greg is the master of the sage comment, and I look forward to his visits to my photo stream. He's always been a wonderful supporter of my work and for this I am very grateful. I adore the writing he does to accompany photos, and was deeply flattered by his written interpretation of some of mine.
His own work is about fine detail and beauty in simplicity. They demonstrate a man with quiet wisdom, kindness, humour, and a beautiful soul.
Greg, I hope someday we can meet in person."
July 16th, 2007
The 10 cent designer says:
"um, I just really like him. I mean have you seen his blog?
go look at it.
March 22nd, 2007
"Greg really is Faramir, you know. He's here undercover ("private detective" indeed). But the quiet wisdom in his photographs give him away."
December 20th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Beyond having such skill with the English language, Greg has an incredibly gifted eye, and a way in which he is able to turn the smallest of this world's details into the most momentous of occasions."
April 28th, 2006
bonnym E. Haus says:
"Sometimes I feel that Greg's images belong to a different world.. a world that's more natural and life is much simpler.....yet, in this world there is much yet to be discovered, and mystery, beauty, and magic lie everywhere.
Through Greg's photos, I met a person with grace, vision, and sophistication...Through his words and actions, I found kindness and support"
August 30th, 2005
"Greg’s photos, pics, captures, topics, works (call it what you will) accomplish the three things great ‘art’ should do: Please realize I speak only for myself and not for the vast majority of others of the human race.
First: He elicits a second glance, then a third, then a stare – a smile, a nod of understanding, and then (with a touch of envy) contemplation.
Second: He creates a smaller world (just for a moment) which he lures you into with his titles, subjects, and his willingness to share (words, pics, ideas – scampering after fireflies … waiting on bees …)
Third: Envy - I envy his skill (with the camera), his eye (for his subjects), his words (titles and comments) and his luck. Not that all encompassing hateful jealousy of a lost love to another, or the more subtle less demanding envy of a sibling but the one that says with a wide face-splitting grin ‘Damn-man, I wish I could’ve taken that shot!’
Thanks Greg - outstanding, stunning stuff!"
August 24th, 2005
"It's Greg's photographs exude a sense of contentment and deep happiness that lesser mortals only aspire to.
Beautiful peaceful photographs of a life well-lived - craftfully composed, with rich colours and delightful captions."
June 29th, 2005
"I originally "found" the it'sgreg stream through FlickrCentral -- I wanted to know who was behind all of the witty and insightful comments. Again and again there would be a comment that floored me and it was always from Greg. So I came to his stream to check it out and was lured in by an illegally adorable dog and then entranced by a garden of eden (later determined to be in ohio). but i'm telling you: watch out for the ducklings. once you see them, you'll never leave this stream."
May 31st, 2005
"You must have enjoyed Greg's pictures to arrive at his profile page.. well, he's got another Easter egg hidden here too in the shape of his excellent and very creative blog! If you haven't already, have a Controlled Skid!"
May 25th, 2005
- December 2004
- I am:
- Male and Single