By training I'm a criminologist/sociologist. I've been a medic in the service, a counselor at a prison for women, and a private detective. I've picked up some degrees and taught at a couple universities. Now I write detective and mystery stories. I teach introductory and advanced Mystery Fiction for the Gotham Writer's Workshop. I'm also the Managing Editor of the online photo-literary journal Utata.org.
DO NOT SEND FLICKRmail. I almost never read it. Instead I can be reached at: email@example.com.
- #Flickr10 7,757 photos, 2,776 members
- Cats Cats Cats 415,842 photos, 27,459 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 6,446 photos, 1,029 members
- Fujifilm X10 75,911 photos, 3,729 members
- FUJIFILM X WORLD 16,570 photos, 316 members
- Just Street Photography 1,655,259 photos, 53,042 members
- Urban Fragments (No People) 984,303 photos, 69,200 members
- Fuji X10, X20 and X30 91,348 photos, 6,212 members
- Utatabot Testing 24 photos, 14 members
- Bike Nation 181,584 photos, 15,669 members
- Alec Soth's "From Here To There" Flickr Project 3,059 photos, 1,142 members
- Crypto-Forestry 185 photos, 59 members
- William Eggleston 65,317 photos, 2,611 members
- NPR Look At This 154,300 photos, 6,223 members
- MINIMAL black&white 45,871 photos, 8,436 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,887 photos, 68,152 members
- be Poladroid ! 81,498 photos, 21,217 members
- Happy birthday, Meera! 17 photos, 28 members
- Flickr Commons 2,282 photos, 2,026 members
- s t i l l 21,752 photos, 1,649 members
- Flickr 888 4,704 photos, 10,260 members
- Nikon Digital 2,410,122 photos, 85,731 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,543,345 photos, 82,012 members
- Entitled 11,247 photos, 1,954 members
- *Clair-Obscur / Darkness-Light* 153,588 photos, 5,509 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 963,558 photos, 123,431 members
- VISUAL POETRY (+ blur -sharp) 1,446 photos, 3,063 members
- I'm A Big Dork 4,817 photos, 313 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,244 photos, 17,778 members
- Blurvision Photo 85,298 photos, 5,476 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,284 photos, 3,235 members
- :10 Things: 6,262 photos, 755 members
- Photoshop Support Group 266,741 photos, 34,371 members
- ! **お散歩カメラ / osanpo camera 479,400 photos, 13,920 members
- Creative self-portraits. 209,408 photos, 20,482 members
- Less Is More... 47,685 photos, 46,780 members
- Walking In Nature 160,735 photos, 6,293 members
- mono no aware 356 photos, 47 members
- The Blink of an Eye 1,963 photos, 2,981 members
- Life in Black & White 830,825 photos, 27,364 members
- Suburbia 22,818 photos, 1,613 members
- Portrait★Faces 83,335 photos, 48,486 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,135,930 photos, 54,571 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 316,895 photos, 21,900 members
- dream or reality? 395,254 photos, 19,405 members
- Lynched 42,828 photos, 2,347 members
- Night Images 1,060,753 photos, 141,947 members
- The Night Shots 78,428 photos, 6,328 members
- Negative Space 37,003 photos, 3,969 members
- ☼Nature: Madre Tierra☼ 115,849 photos, 3,796 members
"Greg sometimes uses words that I have to look up in the dictionary. I like that about him."
July 27th, 2009
"What can I say. I loves me some Greg. He has heart, humor, mystery, he's adorable and he has brains. Oh, does he have brains!! Watch out, he may use them on you. But only in the best possible way. His photos always make you think or giggle or wonder what he has just smoked. And he doesn't mind my exclamations!!!! A patient man, he is. ;)"
January 4th, 2009
Frans Peter Verheyen says:
""I do not write many testimonials, but..........
Here goes number one.
I saw Greg grow in his photography and creativity. He never stops to amaze me, the master of almost minimal photography, but man, can he tell a story with it.
I hardly wait for a new picture, but always on alert for a new one from Greg, can he surprise me even more? And yes he can.
Not only is Greg a great Artist he is also a wise man. He has the “eye” and it shows in his work.
It’s a pleasure to “know” you.
Greg please delete Vrot, that was me on my first tour of duty on Flickr :)"
June 16th, 2008
"Greg is a rock. And a peach. If this sounds impossible, you haven't met Greg yet."
March 25th, 2008
"Take one part Southern gentleman, one part rascal and one part Zen philosopher. Mix those with some over-the-top writing and photographic skills and you have one of the most brilliant and unforgettable personalities in the entire flickr-verse. I don't know how to thank you, Greg, for all you have given us, but this is one way. Thanks Greg. I hope to meet you in person someday."
August 22nd, 2007
Rachael Ashe says:
"Dear Greg, I've been trying to write you this long-overdue testimonial for years, but I've been unable to find the right words. I still don't think I've found them, but here goes...
Greg is the master of the sage comment, and I look forward to his visits to my photo stream. He's always been a wonderful supporter of my work and for this I am very grateful. I adore the writing he does to accompany photos, and was deeply flattered by his written interpretation of some of mine.
His own work is about fine detail and beauty in simplicity. They demonstrate a man with quiet wisdom, kindness, humour, and a beautiful soul.
Greg, I hope someday we can meet in person."
July 16th, 2007
The 10 cent designer says:
"um, I just really like him. I mean have you seen his blog?
go look at it.
March 22nd, 2007
"Greg really is Faramir, you know. He's here undercover ("private detective" indeed). But the quiet wisdom in his photographs give him away."
December 20th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Beyond having such skill with the English language, Greg has an incredibly gifted eye, and a way in which he is able to turn the smallest of this world's details into the most momentous of occasions."
April 28th, 2006
bonnym E. Haus says:
"Sometimes I feel that Greg's images belong to a different world.. a world that's more natural and life is much simpler.....yet, in this world there is much yet to be discovered, and mystery, beauty, and magic lie everywhere.
Through Greg's photos, I met a person with grace, vision, and sophistication...Through his words and actions, I found kindness and support"
August 30th, 2005
"Greg’s photos, pics, captures, topics, works (call it what you will) accomplish the three things great ‘art’ should do: Please realize I speak only for myself and not for the vast majority of others of the human race.
First: He elicits a second glance, then a third, then a stare – a smile, a nod of understanding, and then (with a touch of envy) contemplation.
Second: He creates a smaller world (just for a moment) which he lures you into with his titles, subjects, and his willingness to share (words, pics, ideas – scampering after fireflies … waiting on bees …)
Third: Envy - I envy his skill (with the camera), his eye (for his subjects), his words (titles and comments) and his luck. Not that all encompassing hateful jealousy of a lost love to another, or the more subtle less demanding envy of a sibling but the one that says with a wide face-splitting grin ‘Damn-man, I wish I could’ve taken that shot!’
Thanks Greg - outstanding, stunning stuff!"
August 24th, 2005
"It's Greg's photographs exude a sense of contentment and deep happiness that lesser mortals only aspire to.
Beautiful peaceful photographs of a life well-lived - craftfully composed, with rich colours and delightful captions."
June 29th, 2005
"I originally "found" the it'sgreg stream through FlickrCentral -- I wanted to know who was behind all of the witty and insightful comments. Again and again there would be a comment that floored me and it was always from Greg. So I came to his stream to check it out and was lured in by an illegally adorable dog and then entranced by a garden of eden (later determined to be in ohio). but i'm telling you: watch out for the ducklings. once you see them, you'll never leave this stream."
May 31st, 2005
"You must have enjoyed Greg's pictures to arrive at his profile page.. well, he's got another Easter egg hidden here too in the shape of his excellent and very creative blog! If you haven't already, have a Controlled Skid!"
May 25th, 2005
- December 2004
- I am:
- Male and Single