I'm Stephen. I'm 26 years old. My Dad started teaching me about photography when I was about 10 years old with an old SLR camera, which eventually I managed to get sand in whilst on the beach. My Dad was remarkably calm about it, considering...
I then started occasionally using a Pentax SLR camera and an amazing array of lenses which I never really appreciated until now. I lost interest in still photography at about the age of 16 though and swapped over to video. This coincided with having lots of various things to video at school.
As I left school, I found myself back taking still photographs but with digital cameras. I loved the instaneousness of digital, but was always frustrated by the limitations of the camera.
I've recently become the proud joint-owner of a Canon EOS 400D DSLR camera. We have one 18-55mm lens and a circular polarising filter; something I initially learned about back in the day. It's now that I appreciate how wonderful it would be to have such a collection of lenses like my Dad has.
Photography is a hobby for me. The fact that there is no commercial pressure on criticalness of the photos I take is something that I don't think I'd ever want to change.
My photos generally are of scenes rather than people. I think this is largely because I see things and think 'that could make a good photo' and then capture it sometime later. That isn't as easy with people.
I can't ever see myself returning to analogue cameras. The ability to take the same shots with a variety of different settings without having to worry about the cost of developing the film is just too much of an advantage over traditional film.
I also went through a similar dilemma between digital and analogue audio. The result there was I now own a CD player.
air babble's favorite photos from other Flickr members (10)
- This Is The Photograph I Was Meaning To Take 288 photos, 346 members
- Birmingham 74,943 photos, 3,025 members
- The Cube: Birmingham 868 photos, 58 members
- Whitby (a town in North Yorkshire, England) 20,252 photos, 1,732 members
- Ratcliffe On Soar Power Station 1,417 photos, 266 members
- Ships and Vessels 177,001 photos, 10,947 members
- No-Flash Night Shots 394,614 photos, 27,819 members
- Nottinghamshire 25,353 photos, 493 members
- Prague 73,965 photos, 5,410 members
- People in the City 487,066 photos, 11,821 members
- Mansfield notts 1,359 photos, 124 members
- Nottingham, UK 51,524 photos, 2,149 members
air babble doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2008
- Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
- I am:
- Male and Taken