I'm Stephen. I'm 26 years old. My Dad started teaching me about photography when I was about 10 years old with an old SLR camera, which eventually I managed to get sand in whilst on the beach. My Dad was remarkably calm about it, considering...
I then started occasionally using a Pentax SLR camera and an amazing array of lenses which I never really appreciated until now. I lost interest in still photography at about the age of 16 though and swapped over to video. This coincided with having lots of various things to video at school.
As I left school, I found myself back taking still photographs but with digital cameras. I loved the instaneousness of digital, but was always frustrated by the limitations of the camera.
I've recently become the proud joint-owner of a Canon EOS 400D DSLR camera. We have one 18-55mm lens and a circular polarising filter; something I initially learned about back in the day. It's now that I appreciate how wonderful it would be to have such a collection of lenses like my Dad has.
Photography is a hobby for me. The fact that there is no commercial pressure on criticalness of the photos I take is something that I don't think I'd ever want to change.
My photos generally are of scenes rather than people. I think this is largely because I see things and think 'that could make a good photo' and then capture it sometime later. That isn't as easy with people.
I can't ever see myself returning to analogue cameras. The ability to take the same shots with a variety of different settings without having to worry about the cost of developing the film is just too much of an advantage over traditional film.
I also went through a similar dilemma between digital and analogue audio. The result there was I now own a CD player.
air babble's favorite photos from other Flickr members (10)
- This Is The Photograph I Was Meaning To Take 287 photos, 346 members
- Birmingham 78,150 photos, 3,128 members
- The Cube: Birmingham 867 photos, 60 members
- Whitby (a town in North Yorkshire, England) 21,236 photos, 1,793 members
- Ratcliffe On Soar Power Station 1,449 photos, 270 members
- Ships and Vessels 187,934 photos, 11,311 members
- No-Flash Night Shots 417,241 photos, 28,757 members
- Nottinghamshire 27,528 photos, 513 members
- Prague 76,574 photos, 5,549 members
- People in the City 552,537 photos, 12,883 members
- Mansfield notts 1,502 photos, 134 members
- Nottingham, UK 52,742 photos, 2,185 members
air babble doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2008
- Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
- I am:
- Male and Taken