I am an ordinary person with ordinary interests. I collect dust, but I'm also interested in bones, shadows and misrememberings. I keep them in Museum of Dust.
My best friend, and Minister of Defense at MoD, is a spider called Inky-Blinky...
A picture of Inky and me.
I muse on life (pictorially) on www.redbubble.com/people/incognita
I have started keeping a definitive history of the Museum of Dust here >>
You can see more pictures of me and Inky on Flickr here >>
Inky and I were broken out of our solipsistic universe thanks to the kindliness of uber-talented and obviously incredibly insightfulTelzey who has bought us a pro account so now we roam free....
We've been kept there over the last year by the extremely delightful Cobalt123
A big thank you from everyone at Museum of Dust!
MoD wishes to advise that we will block individuals who connect to this account but who don't have images of their own.
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 2,928 photos, 1,708 members
- love mannequins headless 780 photos, 283 members
- CAPTURANDO EL PASO DEL TIEMPO 9,154 photos, 104 members
- Academy of Lost Theories 15,400 photos, 455 members
- Azulejos Remendados à Portuguesa 91 photos, 36 members
- Bella Morte (Beautiful Death) 11,962 photos, 1,420 members
- PORTUGUESE CEMETERIES / Cemitérios de Portugal 598 photos, 68 members
- Of Grave Concern 1,534 photos, 79 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 120,150 photos, 3,712 members
- Flickr Natural History Museum 11,660 photos, 632 members
- Flowpaper 274 photos, 84 members
- The Evocative Object World 10,820 photos, 150 members
- Grave Vigil 516 photos, 40 members
- Memento Morte 1,103 photos, 35 members
- Avant-Garden 22,082 photos, 2,304 members
- Melbourne Museum 348 photos, 102 members
- Strange Meetings/Juxtapositions (no people, animals...) 4,583 photos, 183 members
- Maps for Situationists 52 photos, 83 members
- Cuba Collection 84,163 photos, 3,429 members
- Cuba - todo a lo Cubano 96,091 photos, 4,527 members
- Diorama Dreamland 11,713 photos, 509 members
- Dioramas 45,371 photos, 1,117 members
- Museums Views 364 photos, 202 members
- Steps 'n' Stairs **NO PEOPLE** 21,955 photos, 4,605 members
- Stairs in Decay 10,703 photos, 1,240 members
- Daylight Robbery 3,624 photos, 228 members
- Curiosity Cabinet of Handmade Specimens 1,535 photos, 310 members
- Finding Lost Time 7,331 photos, 689 members
- found cubism 129 photos, 30 members
- Galerie Lumière (by Admin. Invite) 1,267 photos, 138 members
- Genii Loci 6,670 photos, 602 members
- haphazart! Abstractions 119,667 photos, 3,912 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre/Challenge #25 "DISPOSITION" 51,086 photos, 8,779 members
- GRAVE MEDALLIONS 484 photos, 58 members
- Unintended Jewelry 4,003 photos, 486 members
- altfotonet.org 13,847 photos, 224 members
- Cul-de-Sac 1,113 photos, 51 members
- Anatomical Art 2,627 photos, 399 members
- organized collection 8,791 photos, 1,866 members
- dream-nature 7,950 photos, 851 members
- CEMETERIES & GRAVEYARDS & TOMBS * VOTING TIME 99,914 photos, 7,095 members
- At first glance 1,930 photos, 79 members
- streetmattress 908 photos, 135 members
- Semiotic Syntax 269 photos, 87 members
- the semiotic grid 3,882 photos, 324 members
- Cementerios Internacionales. 16,499 photos, 909 members
- Thomasson 23 photos, 18 members
- Lonely empty places 162 photos, 19 members
- Spolia 1,777 photos, 173 members
- Little Installations 2,421 photos, 70 members
mundane shake says:
"Look at the work of Incognito Nom de Plume; you will be reminded that we are mortal beings. Incognito portrays this reality with a surreal elegance that is more a continuum than a duality. Journey to her world and consider another “side” of beauty."
April 16th, 2009
"They speak of death. How brief is life. The saddest photos I know. And yet, they are so full of life and hope at the same time. How can this be?"
August 16th, 2008
auspicious stream says:
"I know nothing about Incognita... But the images speak."
September 18th, 2007
"being a good photographers often seems to be simply an exercise in the familiar combined with the endeavour of dusting off a credit card or three. there are many excellent pics on flickr but so many are cold, bereft of love and soul and feeling. and then again there are many great pics but their subjects are familiar or fortuitous. inky conquers here with a vision of poetry that bridges these gaps showing the truth through the incidental moments, the forgotton and discarded.
i luv em."
May 9th, 2007
"Photographing the the inhuman post disaster of New Orleans with such strength of character to maintain an artistic & contemporary edge is more than special, as for the Museum of Dust - I'm hooked...!"
May 7th, 2007
Rich Johnson says:
"As individual photographs these are great - such a good eye for texture and mood, but also each one seems to add to an overall aesthetic. Naturally, trying to maintain an even keel of pretension, I use words like 'aesthetic' with the greatest reluctance but it seems appropriate - the feeling is very much of someone recording the world in a very particular way. And it's a wonderful record of a fascinating world. I like it very much."
March 29th, 2007
"Simply put Incognita's photographs are subtle, consistent and exquisitely composed. This is a stream I like to revisit."
December 20th, 2006
jsdart Julie Dermansky © says:
"Incognita Nom de Plume, beside creating interesting pictures , is administering the most interesting group on flickr and a creating a very informative blog as well. Incognita Nom De Plume's commitment to searching out the best of flickr pertinent to the group is praise worthy. through the blog and group i have found many great images as well as made of list of places i would like to visit and photography my self. last i'd like to mention Incognita's generous praise inspired me to post more then i planned on. thanks"
September 27th, 2006
"There was dust on the shelves. There was dust on the lampshades. On the floor, on the stacks of old newspapers that were everywhere in the musty wooden cabin, on the plate and silverware that had been placed so carefully on the dusty table. A casual observer might never have guessed that Evelyn lived there, or thought she did."
August 14th, 2006
- May 2006
- Terra Incognita
- I am:
- Director MoD
- Museum of Dust