I've been a transport enthusiast for as long as I can possibly remember, but my main interest is in buses, as you will see from my photos.
I've been taking photographs since the early 1980s, initially using a 35mm compact inherited when my grandad died before switching to a Yashica FXD SLR around 1983 and this camera served me well until I switched to digital in 2000 initially using a 0.8mp Samsung which gave mixed results. I then switched to a 2mp camera from 2004 before changing to Fuji-Finepix cameras in 2006, initially a 4mp A345 model before changing to an 8.1mp A850 at Christmas 2008. From Christmas 2012 I upgraded to a bridge camera, sticking with Fujifilm, firstly with a Finepix S2980 14mp model then upgrading again to a 16mp Finepix S8200 in mid-2014 after the S2980 was water damaged in an accident.
I've found the bridge cameras more versatile and well suited to those with visual impairment and since switching to this type of camera I've broadened my horizons when it comes to subject matter for my pictures, partly due to the increased versatility of a bridge camera but also due to inspiration from other Flickr users.
The switch to digital has allowed me to take far more pictures than I would have done otherwise using film as quite a few other users of Flickr will agree.
I am partially sighted but I don't let this hinder my enjoyment of photography but I wouldn't really class myself as a photographer, more of a snapper really.
As well as taking photographs I have been involved in restoration of old buses with the Ribble Vehicle Preservation Trust and attend various bus rallies, travelling either with an R.V.P.T. vehicle or one from the Barrow Transport Group's collection.
Please enjoy the photos & feel free to comment.
*** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ***
If you decide to 'Follow' me on here please make sure you have some photos available to view otherwise you WILL be blocked. Its only fair that if you want to view and comment on my photos then I should be able to do likewise.
Anyone who downloads work from other sites and uploads it on here will also find themselves being blocked.
Photos of Ian R. Simpson (9)
- Bridges of stone or brick only please 608 photos, 44 members
- Places without cars 1,449 photos, 171 members
- Crossley buses, lorries and cars 560 photos, 35 members
- Buses: Retro Liveries 1,098 photos, 49 members
- UK Class 57 7,267 photos, 380 members
- BUS UK: The PTC Operators 619 photos, 26 members
- Served with Southdown 10,295 photos, 176 members
- Trains at Hest Bank Lancashire 474 photos, 42 members
- Class 156 DMUs 909 photos, 95 members
- Diesel train the world 261,349 photos, 972 members
- Bus UK Bristol LH 1,972 photos, 133 members
- Window seat please 115,197 photos, 30,302 members
- Architecture and Buildings 531,118 photos, 9,301 members
- ANYTHING ALLOWED!!!!!! 3,318,978 photos, 29,485 members
- Bus Group 518,875 photos, 833 members
- From the towpath 5,543 photos, 168 members
- GUAGUAS DE CANARIAS 2,204 photos, 15 members
- UK Class 68 Diesel Locomotives 10,697 photos, 573 members
- Trams All Over The World ! 132,592 photos, 2,865 members
- Train Engines and Locomotives 331,298 photos, 2,197 members
- Class 56 Diesel Locomotives 3,051 photos, 220 members
- Beaches - Around the World 186,002 photos, 12,827 members
- railfans 704,680 photos, 2,383 members
- Tenerife Quality Photos 17,626 photos, 761 members
- Dual Door Bus & Coach 765 photos, 71 members
- Buses with Churches 499 photos, 22 members
- Williamson Park, Lancaster, UK 255 photos, 61 members
- Anything really... 44,532 photos, 231 members
- Buses in the scene 1,693 photos, 216 members
- BR Traction Head Ons 25,963 photos, 183 members
- Buses UK: London 1,111 photos, 14 members
- BUSES & TRAMS WITH BACKGROUND! 9,262 photos, 146 members
- Buses and coaches in and around Keswick (UK) 314 photos, 22 members
- Yellow Buses, Bournemouth (Transdev/RATP eras) 4,235 photos, 103 members
- Mercedes-Benz Citaro Buses 13,318 photos, 292 members
- Class 60 Diesel Locomotives 4,572 photos, 205 members
- Bus UK Leyland Panther and Panther Cub 465 photos, 49 members
- NO RESTRICTIONS - Everybody is WELCOME 114,587 photos, 336 members
- Wrightbus Hybrids 19,026 photos, 153 members
- Class 37 Diesel Locomotives 19,211 photos, 381 members
- Buses & Coaches in Yorkshire 34,897 photos, 129 members
- Electric rail locomotives 40,928 photos, 272 members
- Setra Coaches UK & Europe 9,505 photos, 129 members
- Dieselpower Europe 69,389 photos, 499 members
- Come On ...Show Us Your Photographs 67,535 photos, 151 members
- Stagecoach Solos 6,272 photos, 140 members
- London's Transport 101,847 photos, 554 members
- British seascapes 3,660 photos, 147 members
- A CASTLE ALMANAC 15,308 photos, 1,485 members
- Irizar coaches World wide. 10,184 photos, 163 members
Ian R. Simpson doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Ian Simpson
- January 2008
- Lancaster, England
- Lancaster, England
- I am:
- Male and Taken