I came to flickr.com because of a coincidence. I read an article in a magazine and simply checked this site out.
Then I saw the possibilities and the potential of sharing photos. I like exchanging thoughts and opinions on basis of photos. Everyone can show his world and others can take part in it.
The quality of those pics is overwhelming. People don´t only show their holiday-pics, they perform a special way of art. Most of the pics I saw on flickr "want so say something" or have got a deeper intention which has to be discovered by the spectator. Some people combine their photos with poems or "warm words".
The fact, to klick on every place on earth in a second, search special things or communicate with good photographers makes flickr my favorite website I ever visited.
Now I´m going deeper and deeper to discover the best photos the world has to offer. I´ll try to contribute my part to that whole system. With my camera, a Nikon D80, every door stands open to do that. (I think) You will help me to reach that goal by giving me tips, comments, critics and praises.
The last months I learned lots of techniques, skills, point of views, photographic laws leading how to come to the "PERFECT SHOT".
Additionally I´m an absolute NYC-Fan.For me this is the best, nicest and friendliest city I ever knew. Every free minute I have, I fly over the Atlantic Ocean to place my feet on Manhattan´s ground. ;-) NYC also is a very cool, maybe the best place to take good urban photos. Some people call it an alive stage... -> I totally agree to that...
"There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself; for what we see is what we are."
Now, the world of photos is waiting, let´s conquer it... ;-)
Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens
Nikkor 50mm 1.8D
Sigma 10-20mm wideangle lens
Sigma 105mm macro-lens
2 Nikon SB600 Speedlights (flash)
Manfrotto 190X ProB tripod
I-MAC 24 Inch
Point ´n shoot:
visit my website: www.reflectedimagery.com
Please take care of the copyrights on my pics. If you like to purchase one of my photos please let me know via flickr-mail or to email@example.com
I´ve got a webshop on my site, so maybe your desired image already is available for purchasing.
Are you interested in virtual tour through NYC´s most famous places??? Then klick the "virtual-tour" link....
Additionally I administrate the NYC Sax-Player community
And here is my new Widget created with fd´s flickrtoys:
Photos of Hughes500 (5)
- Naturalight 30,253 photos, 1,470 members
- Inspirational Landscape images 7,011 photos, 1,405 members
- Great Photography in Action - photoExplode.com 89,525 photos, 1,365 members
- Snorkeling around the world 19,381 photos, 1,187 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 109,529 photos, 3,679 members
- Bonaire Underwater 863 photos, 71 members
- Very Impressive Photo (Admin Invite) 3,178 photos, 578 members
- Momente der Bewegung 7,188 photos, 430 members
- The Queen Mary and Queen Mary Two Group 2,685 photos, 290 members
- White for MS 2009 84 photos, 63 members
- RAW Imaging Podcast 3 photos, 474 members
- * In Or Out Games - (NEW GAMES) 42 photos, 517 members
- Beautiful Iceland 84,917 photos, 3,558 members
- Deep North 231,927 photos, 5,805 members
- The SURREAL World 986 photos, 548 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 18,937 photos, 3,066 members
- 16x7 275 photos, 27 members
- Deutsche Fotowelt 402,820 photos, 4,066 members
- 2007: In Summary 176 photos, 145 members
- 2007-Your Single Best Shot 374 photos, 928 members
- Schiffe - Elbe - Ships - River Elbe 13,900 photos, 297 members
- Queen Mary 2 6,183 photos, 714 members
- Sepia & Toned Photo Awards (Awarded only) 23,198 photos, 5,395 members
- Extraordinary Capture Macro Award (Group CLOSED) 6,980 photos, 3,006 members
- Green Tea Gallery 2,440 photos, 1,135 members
- www.FlickrMag.com 975 photos, 243 members
- Have a drink on me (ALL KINDS OF DRINKS WELCOME!) 4,700 photos, 250 members
- The Bee's Knees 2,413 photos, 248 members
- Number 2,950 photos, 176 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 285,512 photos, 41,374 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 32,507 photos, 7,347 members
- A DAY AT THE BEACH 2,972 photos, 280 members
- Jesters Challenge Group 8,138 photos, 1,545 members
- 6+ Faves AND 100+ Views + COMMENT Any 2 (READ RULES) 6,109 photos, 1,470 members
- A Celebration of Light - Let your Light Shine 193,334 photos, 5,069 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,040 photos, 17,335 members
- Favorite Water Reflections Pictures 47,512 photos, 5,536 members
- i500 German Photographers [CLOSED] 495 photos, 59 members
- Jumping Project 51,064 photos, 34,186 members
- Flickr-Fotografen- Deutschland 1,218,211 photos, 15,742 members
- splashing fruits 2,861 photos, 1,351 members
- NYC in BW 23,139 photos, 1,470 members
- Water Art 8,943 photos, 1,089 members
- Sigma 105mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro Lens 72,647 photos, 4,316 members
- Flickr Smileys 303,144 photos, 14,115 members
- Zwergies Illuminated Lamp Business 582 photos, 88 members
- Wide Angle Fun 37,331 photos, 1,497 members
- GUTEN TAG!(Classy Photos by invite only) 7,463 photos, 1,679 members
- "Berlin Experiences" Online PDF- Magazin 280 photos, 57 members
- Yellow!Black!Blue! 1,980 photos, 155 members
"Christian was one of the first persons i met when joining flickr. When starting flickring and you got no plan what to do, where are the places to be...it is nice to have a helping hand: Hughes500 was it to me. Also he gave me some real good inspirations with his work. He is not one of the mainstream Photo-Takers, he got inovative ideas which makes it a real pleasure to walk in his stream.
He also helped me with many questions on how to do something. Hughes500 is a inner part of flickr to me, i will watch his work in future and i know that also critical comments are accepted.
Only negative thing to say is that Christian has reduced his work in the last weeks...hope to see more shots from you!"
March 24th, 2007
"After a recent trip to NY I was searching Flickr for photos of the places I had seen when I came upon Hughes500's photos. They seem to capture the very essance of the city I had briefly seen but quickly loved.
He has an eye to capture the grandiose without losing the humanity of the city. To quote him, "[New York] is so many sided, multi-cultural and individual, has so much to offer and to discover". I'm sure he will continue to search, uncover, and share all the this beautiful city has to offer."
August 21st, 2006
"If someone can do more with Flikr and a digitalcam than Hughes500 can... please show me his pictures.
One of the best collections i have seen around Flikr.
I love the idea and his own Virtual World Tour.
You can add his Photostream to youre Fav. :)"
November 21st, 2005
- Christian Schierig
- March 2005
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- I am:
- My official website
- hughes500 [at] gmx.net