I came to flickr.com because of a coincidence. I read an article in a magazine and simply checked this site out.
Then I saw the possibilities and the potential of sharing photos. I like exchanging thoughts and opinions on basis of photos. Everyone can show his world and others can take part in it.
The quality of those pics is overwhelming. People don´t only show their holiday-pics, they perform a special way of art. Most of the pics I saw on flickr "want so say something" or have got a deeper intention which has to be discovered by the spectator. Some people combine their photos with poems or "warm words".
The fact, to klick on every place on earth in a second, search special things or communicate with good photographers makes flickr my favorite website I ever visited.
Now I´m going deeper and deeper to discover the best photos the world has to offer. I´ll try to contribute my part to that whole system. With my camera, a Nikon D80, every door stands open to do that. (I think) You will help me to reach that goal by giving me tips, comments, critics and praises.
The last months I learned lots of techniques, skills, point of views, photographic laws leading how to come to the "PERFECT SHOT".
Additionally I´m an absolute NYC-Fan.For me this is the best, nicest and friendliest city I ever knew. Every free minute I have, I fly over the Atlantic Ocean to place my feet on Manhattan´s ground. ;-) NYC also is a very cool, maybe the best place to take good urban photos. Some people call it an alive stage... -> I totally agree to that...
"There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself; for what we see is what we are."
Now, the world of photos is waiting, let´s conquer it... ;-)
Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens
Nikkor 50mm 1.8D
Sigma 10-20mm wideangle lens
Sigma 105mm macro-lens
2 Nikon SB600 Speedlights (flash)
Manfrotto 190X ProB tripod
I-MAC 24 Inch
Point ´n shoot:
visit my website: www.reflectedimagery.com
Please take care of the copyrights on my pics. If you like to purchase one of my photos please let me know via flickr-mail or to email@example.com
I´ve got a webshop on my site, so maybe your desired image already is available for purchasing.
Are you interested in virtual tour through NYC´s most famous places??? Then klick the "virtual-tour" link....
Additionally I administrate the NYC Sax-Player community
And here is my new Widget created with fd´s flickrtoys:
Photos of Hughes500 (5)
- Naturalight 29,577 photos, 1,477 members
- Inspirational Landscape images 7,081 photos, 1,388 members
- Great Photography in Action - photoExplode.com 87,723 photos, 1,359 members
- Snorkeling around the world 18,644 photos, 1,166 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 106,380 photos, 3,649 members
- Bonaire Underwater 775 photos, 69 members
- Very Impressive Photo (Admin Invite) 3,109 photos, 578 members
- Momente der Bewegung 7,058 photos, 432 members
- The Queen Mary and Queen Mary Two Group 2,686 photos, 288 members
- White for MS 2009 84 photos, 62 members
- RAW Imaging Podcast 3 photos, 475 members
- * In Or Out Games - (NEW GAMES) 42 photos, 517 members
- Beautiful Iceland 82,150 photos, 3,513 members
- Deep North 228,255 photos, 5,794 members
- The SURREAL World 1,000 photos, 543 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 18,678 photos, 3,039 members
- 16x7 275 photos, 27 members
- Deutsche Fotowelt 379,550 photos, 3,981 members
- 2007: In Summary 186 photos, 146 members
- 2007-Your Single Best Shot 376 photos, 930 members
- Schiffe - Elbe - Ships - River Elbe 13,039 photos, 287 members
- Queen Mary 2 6,109 photos, 709 members
- Sepia & Toned Photo Awards (Awarded only) 23,077 photos, 5,404 members
- Extraordinary Capture Macro Award (Group CLOSED) 6,984 photos, 3,015 members
- Green Tea Gallery 2,466 photos, 1,138 members
- www.FlickrMag.com 975 photos, 245 members
- Have a drink on me (ALL KINDS OF DRINKS WELCOME!) 4,658 photos, 249 members
- The Bee's Knees 2,413 photos, 249 members
- Number 2,922 photos, 179 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 285,246 photos, 41,471 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 32,535 photos, 7,362 members
- A DAY AT THE BEACH 2,771 photos, 276 members
- Jesters Challenge Group 8,139 photos, 1,549 members
- 6+ Faves AND 100+ Views + COMMENT Any 2 (READ RULES) 6,120 photos, 1,476 members
- A Celebration of Light - Let your Light Shine 190,316 photos, 5,090 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,058 photos, 17,376 members
- Favorite Water Reflections Pictures 46,842 photos, 5,545 members
- i500 German Photographers [CLOSED] 499 photos, 60 members
- Jumping Project 51,162 photos, 34,121 members
- Flickr-Fotografen- Deutschland 1,162,086 photos, 15,556 members
- splashing fruits 2,851 photos, 1,351 members
- NYC in BW 22,818 photos, 1,453 members
- Water Art 8,805 photos, 1,087 members
- Sigma 105mm EX DG f/2.8 Macro Lens 69,061 photos, 4,227 members
- Flickr Smileys 301,530 photos, 14,140 members
- Zwergies Illuminated Lamp Business 576 photos, 87 members
- Wide Angle Fun 35,637 photos, 1,467 members
- GUTEN TAG!(Classy Photos by invite only) 7,467 photos, 1,684 members
- "Berlin Experiences" Online PDF- Magazin 294 photos, 56 members
- Yellow!Black!Blue! 1,907 photos, 154 members
"Christian was one of the first persons i met when joining flickr. When starting flickring and you got no plan what to do, where are the places to be...it is nice to have a helping hand: Hughes500 was it to me. Also he gave me some real good inspirations with his work. He is not one of the mainstream Photo-Takers, he got inovative ideas which makes it a real pleasure to walk in his stream.
He also helped me with many questions on how to do something. Hughes500 is a inner part of flickr to me, i will watch his work in future and i know that also critical comments are accepted.
Only negative thing to say is that Christian has reduced his work in the last weeks...hope to see more shots from you!"
March 24th, 2007
"After a recent trip to NY I was searching Flickr for photos of the places I had seen when I came upon Hughes500's photos. They seem to capture the very essance of the city I had briefly seen but quickly loved.
He has an eye to capture the grandiose without losing the humanity of the city. To quote him, "[New York] is so many sided, multi-cultural and individual, has so much to offer and to discover". I'm sure he will continue to search, uncover, and share all the this beautiful city has to offer."
August 21st, 2006
"If someone can do more with Flikr and a digitalcam than Hughes500 can... please show me his pictures.
One of the best collections i have seen around Flikr.
I love the idea and his own Virtual World Tour.
You can add his Photostream to youre Fav. :)"
November 21st, 2005
- Christian Schierig
- March 2005
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- I am:
- My official website
- hughes500 [at] gmx.net