Photography is something I'm into because I love to capture images of nature and interesting things. Playing with RAW files in post is also fun for me. I'm a coastal dweller and a surfer. I love to board surf, bodysurf and shoot surf and ocean stuff from the water.
I enjoy Flickr because of the contacts I've met and the great and diverse photos I get to check out from around the world. These are my photos and just a peek at what I do for fun and the area I live. I travel when I can and almost always bring my camera. I know there are over 7000 pics in my photostream. It's nearly impossible to look at them all. I have organized my work into sets by subject to help you narrow down your search for stuff you might find interesting. Have fun and keep shooting....Hugh 1/2/13
The images presented here are copyrighted 2005-2012 Hugh Berenger and may not be reproduced, copied or altered in any way, by use of computer or other electronic means, without specific permission and payment of fee. All photographs are protected under United States and international copyright law. Any unauthorized use is a violation of copyright law.
WARNING: I vigorously protect my copyrighted interests. In the event that an infringement is discovered, you will be notified and invoiced the industry- standard TRIPLE-FEE for unauthorized usage and/or prosecuted for Copyright Infringement in U.S. Federal Court where you will be subject to a fine of U.S. $150,000 statutory damages as well as my court costs and attorney's fees. Or I will just come after you myself and take it out of your hide!
Photos of sosidesc (7)
- FB work around 0 photos, 1 member
- COAST. 107,657 photos, 2,515 members
- Yahoo News and Flickr fall photo contest 827 photos, 554 members
- Film & film packaging only...NOT images taken on film 176 photos, 155 members
- clouds 657,039 photos, 39,544 members
- El Segundo, California 520 photos, 32 members
- amateur landscape 392,506 photos, 10,131 members
- In the barrel shots 1,111 photos, 52 members
- See Monterey - Share your beautiful photos of Monterey County! 8,385 photos, 661 members
- Pacific Coast Lighthouses 1,733 photos, 136 members
- Mushroom Minded Individuals 2,113 photos, 353 members
- Wish I was Right There (but NO sunrises/sunsets!) 7,998 photos, 519 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 75,537 photos, 3,079 members
- THE BEACHES OF CALIFORNIA 766 photos, 101 members
- Photos are NEVER Free! 321 photos, 84 members
- California Surfing Photographers 1,490 photos, 28 members
- "El Porto" Surf Photography 667 photos, 28 members
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro 131,382 photos, 7,061 members
- RadioPopper Jr. - Official Group 343 photos, 57 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,701,194 photos, 28,411 members
- barrelled surfers 658 photos, 68 members
- Yosemite Photographers 6,172 photos, 453 members
- Grand Canyon 32,036 photos, 5,621 members
- GRAND CANYON (Black & White) 462 photos, 238 members
- American Photo Creative Showcase 115,968 photos, 5,094 members
- Slow-Shutter Surf 671 photos, 112 members
- The Oceanside Pier 2,853 photos, 126 members
- California's County Fairs 1,473 photos, 248 members
- We belong to the sea 99,766 photos, 5,163 members
- Surfing as a Lifestyle 22,463 photos, 1,894 members
- Airstream 1,977 photos, 511 members
- Classic and Vintage Cars 11,160 photos, 270 members
- Mixed Bag of Classic and Vintage Cars 13,302 photos, 160 members
- Surf Culture 21,693 photos, 1,634 members
- sickr-extreme 4,385 photos, 175 members
- Floating-Cranes / Schwimmkräne / Grúa Flotante 1,243 photos, 135 members
- Surfing USA - and Pro Surfers Worldwide! 7,955 photos, 450 members
- Sunset- Sunset on Flickr - Tramonti 28,303 photos, 5,236 members
- Morning Glass, Evening Glass-off 425 photos, 22 members
- Secrets Of Explore 2,547 photos, 3,695 members
- Gulls and Pigeons.P1/C1. 22,325 photos, 4,832 members
- Surfing Around the World 845 photos, 284 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 855 photos, 22,309 members
- Sunset light 58,379 photos, 24,394 members
- Beach Birds 1,735 photos, 222 members
- Our tribute to Dads! 349 photos, 81 members
- Paddle Boarders 1,533 photos, 270 members
- SUP Stand Up Paddle Surfing 2,774 photos, 476 members
- Long Exposure 824,138 photos, 66,689 members
- Ansel Adams (Legendary Landscape Photographer) 8,120 photos, 792 members
Matt Grans Photography says:
"Hugh is not only a superb surf photographer, who's works I feel should be in every publication on the subject, but has equal talents in every other various subject he shoots, regardless of whether it be people shots, trains, sunsets or whatever… it's all the same, just plain and simply, freaking awesome. I check out Hugh's photo stream most every day and am always inspired by the images he posts. Few other photographers have the sense for poetry in motion, and the ability to come away with such dramatic imagery in such a crisp clean well taken way, with framing to die for in most every killer shot. To see the pure quality of Hugh's work, don't view in Large size only, but take the extra step to view in original size and you will be transported to being inside the action… lastly, his images make great computer screen wallpapers. Hugh is generous to post his images in sizes that you can use and enjoy on a daily basis. In short, Hugh rocks. Nuf Sed!"
December 28th, 2009
"I've enjoyed Hugh's photos here, and elsewhere, for a number of years and remain continuously impressed with his eye, and his ability to translate what he sees into photos. He just gets it!
Whether it's bodysurfing (my top interest), empty waves, his home turf of San Clemente, sunset, birds or travel, Hugh's pictures are consistently stimulating, vibrant, colorful, well-composed and compelling.
I monitor Hugh's photos here at Flickr closely, and recommend them to anyone! Also, I highly value his shots where I happen to be the (in-water) subject...I've a album of them."
January 20th, 2008
"Hugh's photos are always a pleasure for me to look at. He captures so many moments in his life so well. He is the quintissential "I take my camera with me everywhere" guy. Not only that, he takes breathtaking action photos that really capture the feeling in that moment.
For only shooting seriously for a short while now, his potential is never ending. Thanks for the great photos Hugh."
November 29th, 2006
"this is a great collection of photos!...and they keep getting better and better!!
hugh is a talented surfer and photographer...and seems to be a real nice guy...although we still have never met....
he used to live in my neighborhood...
and i seem to be in his pretty regular...i know one of these days we'll get together and go shoot some surf pics!
check out this photostream....
there a LOT of fantastic images in here!
keep up the good work hugh!!"
May 7th, 2006
- July 2005
- El Porto, born and raised.
- San Clemente, CA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken