Hryck: (herk) noun. Amateur photographer, barista, insomniac, social worker, occasional cowboy.
I recently conned my way into a job as a therapist. We should all be very afraid of that.
I'm also Editor-At-Large for Strongbox Magazine. Check it out and let me know if you're interested in submitting a little something something.
I had all my pictures on here as Creative Commons. Recently, I became aware that some of my pictures have been used without my permission or consent by some pretty major businesses. While I am flattered, I would've liked being asked. Therefore, I'm changing the setting to all of my pictures. If you want to use something, just ask. If you take something without asking, well, don't.
- Black Musicians 7 photos, 10 members
- 15200 67 photos, 7 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,087 photos, 3,188 members
- 'RoidWeek 2012 3,135 photos, 1,053 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,139 photos, 1,285 members
- American Elegy 23,605 photos, 553 members
- ...HERT... nsf 436 photos, 71 members
- Boing Boing 115,089 photos, 5,263 members
- NPR Look At This 157,441 photos, 6,250 members
- Fortune Cookie Project 1,175 photos, 592 members
- Rally to Restore Sanity and Keep Fear Alive 8,963 photos, 631 members
- Centralia 1,794 photos, 170 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,715 photos, 1,755 members
- October 10, 2010 1,760 photos, 2,470 members
- Redscale Film 30,385 photos, 3,666 members
- Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta 18 photos, 9 members
- PGH sticker art 19 photos, 11 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,252 photos, 1,616 members
- Zoo City 125 photos, 20 members
- clandestine trip 156 photos, 25 members
- Photobooth Friday 1,995 photos, 673 members
- Holga 35mm 30,071 photos, 4,645 members
- The Markings that Humans Make 82 photos, 26 members
- Santacon 7,503 photos, 420 members
- Pinhole Photography 75,659 photos, 16,737 members
- Homemade Pinhole 27,591 photos, 2,723 members
- Photoburgh 8 photos, 14 members
- >>STIKMAN<< 3,210 photos, 307 members
- Obey Giant 7,479 photos, 1,923 members
- Artists Image Resource 494 photos, 42 members
- Pittsburgh Film 2,743 photos, 95 members
- Flickr Galleries 2,672 photos, 856 members
- IheartPGH 1,221 photos, 105 members
- Lawrenceville 399 photos, 40 members
- I Shot Dragonballyee 57 photos, 20 members
- Bloomfield 772 photos, 55 members
- Someone Once Told Me 206 photos, 405 members
- City of Asylum Pgh 49 photos, 8 members
- The PHOTOBOOTH PROJECT. 24 photos, 216 members
- eyesaw 0 photos, 6 members
- Between The Frames 294 photos, 110 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,819 photos, 1,310 members
- Braddock, PA 763 photos, 69 members
- Alternative Views 118,015 photos, 4,212 members
- Street Art Cuina 483 photos, 157 members
- Fabulously Fun Friday -(Photos only accepted on Fridays) 980 photos, 315 members
- POLAROID EDGE 111,496 photos, 6,516 members
- Pittsburgh Signs 846 photos, 75 members
- 'Roid Week 2008 2,624 photos, 839 members
- Zombie Capital of the World 272 photos, 61 members
"Todd is one of the better people on the planet, he's the kind of guy you ask to watch your dogs for you and in addition to that he does your dishes. He's always willing to push you a little harder to accomplish your best and recognizes you for doing it. I think he thinks about himself last in any situation..."
January 13th, 2009
"Todd has a passion for Pittsburgh and people like i have never seen within a person. He takes the time to show you the potential and life that lives that breathes in what others have forgotten.
I am blessed to have this gentleman as a dear friend."
December 31st, 2008
The Guncle says:
"he's got a great eye and a huge middle finger"
December 11th, 2008
""Hryckowian" just happens to have this warm heart and extremely passionate nature that is not only portrayed through his photographs, but also in his stories. His devotion to his craft, friends, and career are what makes him such an honorable and wonderful Flickr friend. And the fact that he is willing to write such lovely things about a stranger just sums up how amazing he is. So, in summation: [(talent + passion) / humor] - attitude = Hryckowian."
October 12th, 2008
Jilly in Philly says:
"i've come to believe that hryck is my long lost twin brother. of course, this means one of us is lying about our age."
September 17th, 2008
"Todd is serious°°°
°°° Todd is frenzied
Todd is shy °°°
°°°Todd is exuberant
Todd has images°°°
°°° Todd has words
Todd is better than
January 23rd, 2008
"i got to know of a certain Todd Hryckowian through flickr. i was instantly amused by his witty descriptions to his equally witty photos (do you describe a photo as "witty"? oh man...)
somebody said that you will know a man by the photos he take (i lied, nobody said that, just me). through his collection of photos and tales of (mis)adventures, i got to know him to be a good person. i mean, a barista and a social worker? i've never met him personally but i like the man already!
i have since changed my flickr relationship with him from a contact to a friend."
December 11th, 2007
"Siberian Tigers, Graffiti, and above all, Zombies, beware! Todd Hyrkowian has your names and knows your numbers and I swear to god he once indian arm-wrestled an alligator for 30 straight hours and didn't break a sweat. He's faster than the Flash, more Incredible than the Incredible Hulk, and once he gets an inside man at 3M he'll be more web sling-ier than Spider-Man. And that's only talking about his secret identity."
March 18th, 2007
"there's always a good observation, history lesson, bukowski poem, bacon-havin'-bar or breakfast-at-the-diner story here in hryckowianville. i always depart feeling very nourished and/or wanting to have a drink. i visit often."
January 26th, 2007
"Todd is a straight up, patient individual, quick with a kind word and comment, quicker yet with a compelling photo. His photographic skills may show you a side you might not want to see, but once bared it will draw you in and leave you wanting more. The accompanying text is an easy read, spoken with sensitivity and humor. You would do well to add him to your contacts list, which, you're probably thinking of anyway because why else would you be here?"
November 26th, 2006
"Mr Hryckowian has an amazing stream of images, most of them from the city of Pittsburgh, but it's not the Pittsburgh you're accustomed to seeing. Todd is always taking the streets and alleys less travelled, to bring you some of the best, and a little of the worst, that Pittsburgh has to offer. He's got a great eye.
However, it's not the images that are the best thing about Todd. The best thing about Todd is Todd himself; he's a first class human being. If you can count Todd as a friend of yours, you are indeed a lucky person."
July 20th, 2006
joey kennedy says:
"Todd is quietly the most thoughtful, helpful, and caring person i have YET met in my personal and professional life. Just Something about this guy is special, there is NOTHING phony about his goodness. Its genuine, all the way to the heart...and its reached mine. This guy pitches in when there is work to be done, NEVER complains, always stays positive and looks like a Super Model doing it, LOL!
Really fantastic person here that i have had the honor to get to know! Thanks for all your SUPPORT Todd! Your such a CLASSY CLASSY Person Bro!"
May 1st, 2006
"~if the 80's are looking for a poster child I am referring them to Todd...as a fotag he possesses the ability to impress the eye and at the same time crack you up...it's been a pleasure getting to know him, his sense of humor is addictive and he's never w/out a smile, he's just a damn good person, and that's important...here's to all the images yet taken and all the good times to come~"
March 20th, 2006
- March 2005
- I am: