Hryck: (herk) noun. Amateur photographer, barista, insomniac, social worker, occasional cowboy.
I recently conned my way into a job as a therapist. We should all be very afraid of that.
I'm also Editor-At-Large for Strongbox Magazine. Check it out and let me know if you're interested in submitting a little something something.
I had all my pictures on here as Creative Commons. Recently, I became aware that some of my pictures have been used without my permission or consent by some pretty major businesses. While I am flattered, I would've liked being asked. Therefore, I'm changing the setting to all of my pictures. If you want to use something, just ask. If you take something without asking, well, don't.
- Black Musicians 7 photos, 8 members
- 15200 66 photos, 9 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,148 photos, 3,298 members
- 'RoidWeek 2012 3,282 photos, 1,105 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,262 photos, 1,303 members
- American Elegy 20,623 photos, 478 members
- ...HERT... nsf 436 photos, 62 members
- Boing Boing 88,399 photos, 4,920 members
- NPR Picture Show 134,963 photos, 5,968 members
- Fortune Cookie Project 1,176 photos, 587 members
- Rally to Restore Sanity and Keep Fear Alive 9,110 photos, 638 members
- Centralia 1,709 photos, 158 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,314 photos, 1,784 members
- October 10, 2010 1,812 photos, 2,527 members
- Redscale Film 28,840 photos, 3,508 members
- Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta 18 photos, 10 members
- PGH sticker art 19 photos, 11 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,454 photos, 1,646 members
- Zoo City 125 photos, 18 members
- clandestine trip 156 photos, 26 members
- Photobooth Friday 2,049 photos, 673 members
- Holga 35mm 30,514 photos, 4,612 members
- The Markings that Humans Make 79 photos, 24 members
- Santacon 8,036 photos, 427 members
- Pinhole Photography 71,099 photos, 13,969 members
- Homemade Pinhole 24,857 photos, 2,617 members
- Photoburgh 51 photos, 13 members
- >>STIKMAN<< 3,017 photos, 298 members
- Obey Giant 7,321 photos, 1,917 members
- Artists Image Resource 247 photos, 26 members
- Pittsburgh Film 2,666 photos, 96 members
- Flickr Galleries 2,682 photos, 785 members
- IheartPGH 1,113 photos, 96 members
- Lawrenceville 183 photos, 34 members
- I Shot Dragonballyee 56 photos, 20 members
- Bloomfield 799 photos, 53 members
- Someone Once Told Me 211 photos, 408 members
- City of Asylum Pgh 46 photos, 10 members
- The PHOTOBOOTH PROJECT. 25 photos, 221 members
- eyesaw 0 photos, 6 members
- Between The Frames 255 photos, 111 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 5,005 photos, 1,327 members
- Braddock, PA 707 photos, 64 members
- Alternative Views 97,450 photos, 3,765 members
- Street Art Cuina 474 photos, 156 members
- Fabulously Fun Friday -(Photos only accepted on Fridays) 992 photos, 320 members
- POLAROID EDGE 105,093 photos, 6,327 members
- Pittsburgh Signs 848 photos, 71 members
- 'Roid Week 2008 2,731 photos, 851 members
- Zombie Capital of the World 269 photos, 59 members
"Todd is one of the better people on the planet, he's the kind of guy you ask to watch your dogs for you and in addition to that he does your dishes. He's always willing to push you a little harder to accomplish your best and recognizes you for doing it. I think he thinks about himself last in any situation..."
13th January, 2009
"Todd has a passion for Pittsburgh and people like i have never seen within a person. He takes the time to show you the potential and life that lives that breathes in what others have forgotten.
I am blessed to have this gentleman as a dear friend."
31st December, 2008
The Guncle says:
"he's got a great eye and a huge middle finger"
11th December, 2008
""Hryckowian" just happens to have this warm heart and extremely passionate nature that is not only portrayed through his photographs, but also in his stories. His devotion to his craft, friends, and career are what makes him such an honorable and wonderful Flickr friend. And the fact that he is willing to write such lovely things about a stranger just sums up how amazing he is. So, in summation: [(talent + passion) / humor] - attitude = Hryckowian."
12th October, 2008
Jilly in Philly says:
"i've come to believe that hryck is my long lost twin brother. of course, this means one of us is lying about our age."
17th September, 2008
"Todd is serious°°°
°°° Todd is frenzied
Todd is shy °°°
°°°Todd is exuberant
Todd has images°°°
°°° Todd has words
Todd is better than
23rd January, 2008
"i got to know of a certain Todd Hryckowian through flickr. i was instantly amused by his witty descriptions to his equally witty photos (do you describe a photo as "witty"? oh man...)
somebody said that you will know a man by the photos he take (i lied, nobody said that, just me). through his collection of photos and tales of (mis)adventures, i got to know him to be a good person. i mean, a barista and a social worker? i've never met him personally but i like the man already!
i have since changed my flickr relationship with him from a contact to a friend."
11th December, 2007
"Siberian Tigers, Graffiti, and above all, Zombies, beware! Todd Hyrkowian has your names and knows your numbers and I swear to god he once indian arm-wrestled an alligator for 30 straight hours and didn't break a sweat. He's faster than the Flash, more Incredible than the Incredible Hulk, and once he gets an inside man at 3M he'll be more web sling-ier than Spider-Man. And that's only talking about his secret identity."
18th March, 2007
"there's always a good observation, history lesson, bukowski poem, bacon-havin'-bar or breakfast-at-the-diner story here in hryckowianville. i always depart feeling very nourished and/or wanting to have a drink. i visit often."
26th January, 2007
"Todd is a straight up, patient individual, quick with a kind word and comment, quicker yet with a compelling photo. His photographic skills may show you a side you might not want to see, but once bared it will draw you in and leave you wanting more. The accompanying text is an easy read, spoken with sensitivity and humor. You would do well to add him to your contacts list, which, you're probably thinking of anyway because why else would you be here?"
26th November, 2006
"Mr Hryckowian has an amazing stream of images, most of them from the city of Pittsburgh, but it's not the Pittsburgh you're accustomed to seeing. Todd is always taking the streets and alleys less travelled, to bring you some of the best, and a little of the worst, that Pittsburgh has to offer. He's got a great eye.
However, it's not the images that are the best thing about Todd. The best thing about Todd is Todd himself; he's a first class human being. If you can count Todd as a friend of yours, you are indeed a lucky person."
20th July, 2006
joey kennedy says:
"Todd is quietly the most thoughtful, helpful, and caring person i have YET met in my personal and professional life. Just Something about this guy is special, there is NOTHING phony about his goodness. Its genuine, all the way to the heart...and its reached mine. This guy pitches in when there is work to be done, NEVER complains, always stays positive and looks like a Super Model doing it, LOL!
Really fantastic person here that i have had the honor to get to know! Thanks for all your SUPPORT Todd! Your such a CLASSY CLASSY Person Bro!"
1st May, 2006
"~if the 80's are looking for a poster child I am referring them to Todd...as a fotag he possesses the ability to impress the eye and at the same time crack you up...it's been a pleasure getting to know him, his sense of humor is addictive and he's never w/out a smile, he's just a damn good person, and that's important...here's to all the images yet taken and all the good times to come~"
20th March, 2006
- March 2005
- I am: