I'm here to add to the collective pot of things that might make someone's day a tiny bit better.
I have no rules about flickr. Add me or not, comment or not. If I added you it's because I like your work or I like you or I was in a good mood that day.
This obsession began in July, 2004 when I got my first digital camera.
I haven't geotagged all (okay, most) of my pictures, but sometimes the location is a tag.
Some places where my shots are used:
Photo of Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant:
The Bee and the Butterfly:
A jail in Rhode Island
One of 16 Train Station Photos that Will Inspire You
and the same shot in a blog post entitled Art Where You Least Expect It
Sand Wasps with Stink Bug prey on the Meadowlands Blog
This picture of the caterpillar of the Wavy Lined Emerald Moth also known as the Camouflaged Looper is all over the place including a Swiss women's fashion magazine of all places but most recently was featured here:
Another shot of three of the same critter as above is used here:
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more,
From these our interviews, in which I steal
From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne'er express, yet cannot all conceal.
-- Lord Byron
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
-- Robert Frost
The grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never dried all at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls.
-- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order".
An' I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation
Never said I wanted to improve my station
An' I'm only doin' good
When I'm havin' fun
An' I don't have to please no one
An' I don't really care
If ya think I'm strange
I ain't gonna change
An' I'm never gonna care
'Bout my bad reputation
Oh no, not me
- - Joan Jett
- National Moth Week 79,098 photos, 1,145 members
- Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania 277 photos, 30 members
- Make me smile! :) 39,816 photos, 1,629 members
- hiking destinations 4,098 photos, 662 members
- make Charlotte weird 582 photos, 94 members
- North Carolina Sunsets/Sunrises 12,236 photos, 830 members
- eBird Rarity Photos 35,853 photos, 2,539 members
- Verde e Amarelo - Green and Yellow - Vert et Jaune 17,372 photos, 1,702 members
- Spirals, twists and curls 9,843 photos, 1,297 members
- NJ - WARREN COUNTY 2,666 photos, 106 members
- Sundogs, halos,sun pillars,atmospheric optics........PLEASE READ 7,436 photos, 1,306 members
- Bees of NJ 950 photos, 56 members
- Cicindelephilia 4,970 photos, 301 members
- OMGSQUIRREL!!! 12,782 photos, 561 members
- Jersey Birders 37,517 photos, 667 members
- Show Me Your Pink Bits 19 photos, 16 members
- Flickr Awards Website Winners 4,741 photos, 330 members
- #nycflickrmeetup 1,187 photos, 115 members
- Friends of the High Line 25,085 photos, 2,369 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 621,425 photos, 44,918 members
- #OccupyWallStreet 13,914 photos, 652 members
- Occupy Wall Street 2,832 photos, 340 members
- NYCphotowalkers 367 photos, 52 members
- WILD ABOUT LIFE - FlickrDuel Contests (Invited winners) 126 photos, 28 members
- The Interloping Dog 462 photos, 76 members
- All Day I Dream About Photography 213,046 photos, 5,422 members
- Three Traveling Doll Heads 102 photos, 42 members
- Flickr Duel - VERSUS contests (Invited winners) 1,645 photos, 67 members
- Paris 433,309 photos, 49,558 members
- Flickr South Central 1 photo, 3 members
- flickr self centered 0 photos, 3 members
- Fleeing cats 105 photos, 27 members
- FlickrDuel ALPHA Contests 7,533 photos, 969 members
- EarthSky: A Clear Voice for Science 11,854 photos, 623 members
- Never heard of Baselland?! 71 photos, 24 members
- ecomagination photo project 29,582 photos, 1,792 members
- Storm King Art Center 1,947 photos, 174 members
- City Parrots 40,199 photos, 2,631 members
- Wild Horses in the wild! 1,273 photos, 328 members
- The Biggest Rhubarb Fancier's Group 20 photos, 17 members
- Top 20 Northern Lights 22 photos, 820 members
- Holy Cuteness (invite your contacts) 27,158 photos, 2,121 members
- Pentaxforums.com member 21,756 photos, 248 members
- VisionDriven 1,394 photos, 405 members
- Utata 460,200 photos, 28,099 members
- Pretty Freakin Sweet! 24,543 photos, 469 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 405,488 photos, 104,752 members
- Women on Tractors 108 photos, 30 members
- Flickr Duel - MONO 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 3,084 photos, 422 members
- I don't know you but I took your picture 62 photos, 8 members
"All Fantastic Images they only are apparent
Propagated just by hope and desire to share it."
August 26th, 2010
"The Hopester pretends to be a warm, human generous person whose photographs reflect her vision of the world. And as a wise writer once said, be careful of what you pretend to be, because you are what you pretend to be."
August 26th, 2010
"!!!! Hope ROCCKKSS !!!! had an AWESOME time @ our meetup --- so glad to have finally met you!!! :) Love your sense of humor, personality --- especailly your wit!! I'm gonna kitty-nap your kitties!!! :) You are a fantastic photographer.... love your perspective!! Can't wait to see ya again!! :)"
January 25th, 2009
"I met Hope and I am happy I did. Hope is very very special. She is clever funny charming and contributes a hell of a lot to the warming of the heart. She's fun loving and upbeat. She's seen it all, and her wisdom helps carry anyone close to her right through a tough day.
You can say pretty much anything to Hope and she'll just give you that warm wonderful pretty smile and then knock all the teeth you have right down your throat..... So, you can say 'almost' anything to Hope."
January 18th, 2009
"With a keen eye, whimsical heart, and self taught talent Hope can cast a spell on you with her photography. I'm honored to call her a friend."
July 2nd, 2008
"What more could you want from a photographer? Beauty, style, wits, elegance, personality, the ability to tame gigantic turkey legs... Hope, she has it all. Oh, and her photographs are awesome, too. Glad she's on my list. I love her work."
January 28th, 2008
- Hope Abrams
- May 2007
- Dingmans Ferry, PA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Single
- hopefootos [at] gmail.com