I have been taking photos since the age of 14, but since 1998 have been working as a freelance photographer shooting mostly sports, landscape and travel.
For a couple of seasons from January 2006, I covered Premiership, Championship, League and FA Cup soccer for two different sports picture agencies. You won't see any of these photos here, though, due to the strict rules placed on their use.
From 2011 I started covering motorsport regularly for Porsche Club Great Britain and the BRSCC and was commissioned by Lotus On Track Racing Drivers' Club to cover their races for social media and race reports. As of March 2012, I am also a racing driver, driving a Boxster in the Logson Group BRSCC Porsche Championship. In between races I tend to take photos in and around the pits, so my portofolio has become heavily biased towards motorsport.
My day job is as a web application developer for the UK's best-known distance-teaching institution, which also involves some photography. I was a moderator and marker on the first seven presentations of our massively successful short course T189 Digital Photography: Creating and Sharing Better Images. Additionally, I am chairman of the staff camera club.
Almost as soon as Canon's D30 was launched, I switched entirely to digital photography and haven't looked back. I now use Canon 1D-series bodies combined with their L-series lenses due to their very high build quality. For sending images to the media from the field, I use a Windows laptop running Downloader Pro, BreezeBrowser and Photoshop software, together with a USB modem on the 3 network to transmit JPG files to my clients.
The shots you'll see on my Flickr account are a mixture of stuff from both my Canon gear and, at the other end of the optical scale, from the camera in my phone, often submitted directly from the phone using an application called ShoZu. I upgraded my Flickr account to 'Pro' in December 2006.
If you'd like to get in touch, to order prints or enquire about images for publication, send me an email through Flickr or visit my website and see the Prices, Ordering, Rights and Contact information page.
Note about image downloads: I recently changed the setting that allows the download of my images. This was because I don't like the idea of tools like Flump and the way they break all links between images and accreditation. All my photos are copyright - I do not intend making it any easier for people to copy them and reuse them without my permission or without due credit. If you want to use any of my images, get in contact as nearly all are available for commercial use.
I have recently added the following paragraph to most of my image captions so that there can be no doubt over their status - it seems that Yahoo have been using some images uploaded to Flickr in advertising without the copyright owners' consent:
This image is copyright © - absolutely no commercial use of any kind is permitted without prior consent.
Minolta X700 (two off)
Minolta Dynax 9
Canon EOS 1nHS
Canon EOS 1D
Canon EOS 1D Mk.IIn
Photos of hockeyshooter (4)
- Boxster 50 Years 550 Spyder 137 photos, 34 members
- Touring Cars Championships 14,369 photos, 547 members
- BTCC Crazy 2,383 photos, 328 members
- BTCC 6,659 photos, 457 members
- American Muscle Cars 57,602 photos, 3,011 members
- Porsche 918 Spyder. 1,134 photos, 566 members
- Front Engined Porsche 3,923 photos, 244 members
- AVIATION ♥ PASSION! 171,343 photos, 1,023 members
- De Havilland Tiger Moths. 609 photos, 70 members
- De Havilland 19,527 photos, 912 members
- Porsche in Sports Car Racing 4,991 photos, 245 members
- British Cars Photography 52,152 photos, 2,581 members
- IEREST Project 54 photos, 2 members
- Britcar 9,785 photos, 107 members
- Only German Cars 88,498 photos, 2,755 members
- Porsche Rennsport RS 2,951 photos, 668 members
- < The Best Car Pictures - 5/Day > 3,582 photos, 598 members
- Racing 102,979 photos, 2,049 members
- Ferrari Enzo Spotting 1,100 photos, 267 members
- The Ferrari Enzo F60 1,962 photos, 423 members
- The McLaren F1 2,425 photos, 662 members
- BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Championship 36 photos, 14 members
- Open University 3,523 photos, 75 members
- Motor Racing Paddock Atmosphere 12,594 photos, 209 members
- BMW Motorsport 8,801 photos, 610 members
- Toyota MR2 Owners 1,136 photos, 244 members
- flickr (unofficial) 2,844,794 photos, 91,153 members
- The Ferrari F40 2,473 photos, 524 members
- Porschegroup944 787 photos, 138 members
- BoXa.net (Porsche Boxster) 268 photos, 64 members
- women in motorsport 551 photos, 69 members
- Porsche GT1/GT2/GT3 2,999 photos, 609 members
- Supercars. 45,143 photos, 962 members
- Heath and Reach 5 photos, 5 members
- VW Racing 4,244 photos, 467 members
- Lotus Evora 422 photos, 92 members
- LMS LeMans Series Photography 2,803 photos, 136 members
- DTM (Deutschen Tourenwagen Masters) 8,905 photos, 651 members
- ★ Grid Girl ★ Pit Girl ★ Racequeen ★ Promotional Girl 5,853 photos, 574 members
- MINI Challenge 429 photos, 33 members
- Mighty Minis Racing Championship 914 photos, 47 members
- Ferrari 458 Italia Spider Speciale 13,345 photos, 1,529 members
- Lotus Elise 340R 118 photos, 35 members
- Lotus Exige 1,605 photos, 258 members
- Lotus Elise 2,698 photos, 418 members
- Lotus 2 Eleven 225 photos, 961 members
- Classic Motor Racing 76,412 photos, 1,678 members
- E-Types ONLY 2,004 photos, 526 members
- Lotus Grand Prix Cars 3,952 photos, 456 members
- Ferrari in Sports Car Racing 6,113 photos, 182 members
hockeyshooter doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Valentine
- June 2005
- nr. Milton Keynes
- nr. Milton Keynes, England
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Web application developer; Freelance photographer