I have been taking photos since the age of 14, but since 1998 have been working as a freelance photographer shooting mostly sports, landscape and travel.
For a couple of seasons from January 2006, I covered Premiership, Championship, League and FA Cup soccer for two different sports picture agencies. You won't see any of these photos here, though, due to the strict rules placed on their use.
From 2011 I started covering motorsport regularly for Porsche Club Great Britain and the BRSCC and was commissioned by Lotus On Track Racing Drivers' Club to cover their races for social media and race reports. As of March 2012, I am also a racing driver, driving a Boxster in the Logson Group BRSCC Porsche Championship. In between races I tend to take photos in and around the pits, so my portofolio has become heavily biased towards motorsport.
My day job is as a web application developer for the UK's best-known distance-teaching institution, which also involves some photography. I was a moderator and marker on the first seven presentations of our massively successful short course T189 Digital Photography: Creating and Sharing Better Images. Additionally, I am chairman of the staff camera club.
Almost as soon as Canon's D30 was launched, I switched entirely to digital photography and haven't looked back. I now use Canon 1D-series bodies combined with their L-series lenses due to their very high build quality. For sending images to the media from the field, I use a Windows laptop running Downloader Pro, BreezeBrowser and Photoshop software, together with a USB modem on the 3 network to transmit JPG files to my clients.
The shots you'll see on my Flickr account are a mixture of stuff from both my Canon gear and, at the other end of the optical scale, from the camera in my phone, often submitted directly from the phone using an application called ShoZu. I upgraded my Flickr account to 'Pro' in December 2006.
Around 2011 I got into motorsport in a big way. I took my ARDS test, obtained my race license and from 2012 I raced for three seasons in a Porsche Boxster, firstly in the BRSCC Porsche Championship then a season in Britcar. As of 2015 I hold an MSA International 'C' Race license. I now shoot motorsport on an almost weekly basis, for various teams, websites, event programmes and championships. The car you see in my banner image is a Lamborghini Gallardo LP570 Super Trofeo race car with me at the wheel - a fantastic opportunity to drive this car at Mallory Park.
If you'd like to get in touch, to order prints or enquire about images for publication, send me an email through Flickr or visit my website and see the Prices, Ordering, Rights and Contact information page.
Note about image downloads: I recently changed the setting that allows the download of my images. This was because I don't like the idea of tools like Flump and the way they break all links between images and accreditation. All my photos are copyright - I do not intend making it any easier for people to copy them and reuse them without my permission or without due credit. If you want to use any of my images, get in contact as nearly all are available for commercial use.
I have recently added the following paragraph to most of my image captions so that there can be no doubt over their status - it seems that Yahoo have been using some images uploaded to Flickr in advertising without the copyright owners' consent:
This image is copyright © - absolutely no commercial use of any kind is permitted without prior consent.
Minolta X700 (two off)
Minolta Dynax 9
Canon EOS 1nHS
Canon EOS 1D
Canon EOS 1D Mk.IIn
Canon EOS 1D Mk.III
Photos of hockeyshooter (5)
- B&W 4,430,971 photos, 206,962 members
- Black & White Digital 574,826 photos, 21,451 members
- Motor Sports UK 55,570 photos, 467 members
- Motorsports Photos 77,382 photos, 589 members
- UK Motorsport 52,261 photos, 635 members
- BRSCC Mazda MX-5 SuperCup 306 photos, 31 members
- Ginetta in Sports Car Racing 698 photos, 63 members
- Ginetta Motorsport 5,541 photos, 247 members
- Canon EOS-1D III Users 36,910 photos, 1,555 members
- Boxster 50 Years 550 Spyder 137 photos, 34 members
- Touring Cars Championships 15,684 photos, 585 members
- BTCC Crazy 2,698 photos, 360 members
- BTCC 7,892 photos, 519 members
- American Muscle Cars 62,183 photos, 3,124 members
- Porsche 918 Spyder. 1,768 photos, 658 members
- Front Engined Porsche 6,026 photos, 331 members
- AVIATION ♥ PASSION! 262,069 photos, 1,325 members
- De Havilland Tiger Moths. 723 photos, 80 members
- De Havilland 24,648 photos, 956 members
- Porsche in Sports Car Racing 7,510 photos, 362 members
- British Cars Photography 78,097 photos, 2,774 members
- IEREST Project 54 photos, 2 members
- Britcar 11,460 photos, 112 members
- Only German Cars 123,074 photos, 3,086 members
- Porsche Rennsport RS 3,271 photos, 747 members
- < The Best Car Pictures - 5/Day > 5,274 photos, 631 members
- Racing 117,820 photos, 2,382 members
- Ferrari Enzo Spotting 1,127 photos, 270 members
- The Ferrari Enzo F60 2,068 photos, 435 members
- The McLaren F1 3,031 photos, 790 members
- BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Championship 43 photos, 18 members
- Open University 3,546 photos, 80 members
- Motor Racing Paddock Atmosphere 14,814 photos, 247 members
- BMW Motorsport 10,785 photos, 695 members
- Toyota MR2 Owners 1,206 photos, 253 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,763,658 photos, 99,340 members
- The Ferrari F40 2,723 photos, 557 members
- Porschegroup944 885 photos, 143 members
- BoXa.net (Porsche Boxster) 290 photos, 72 members
- women in motorsport 599 photos, 78 members
- Porsche GT1/GT2/GT3 2,982 photos, 617 members
- Supercars. 51,360 photos, 1,148 members
- Heath and Reach 5 photos, 5 members
- VW Racing 4,796 photos, 527 members
- Lotus Evora 456 photos, 100 members
- LMS LeMans Series Photography 3,235 photos, 147 members
- DTM (Deutschen Tourenwagen Masters) 9,780 photos, 694 members
- ★ Grid Girl ★ Pit Girl ★ Racequeen ★ Promotional Girl 7,266 photos, 721 members
- MINI Challenge 752 photos, 33 members
- Mighty Minis Racing Championship 938 photos, 49 members
hockeyshooter doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Valentine
- June 2005
- nr. Milton Keynes
- nr. Milton Keynes, England
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Web application developer; Freelance photographer