"No art or artist here, just images meant to shine only through what they show."
Unknown (but self named Urashimataro)
"There are two kinds of people: those who give you energy, and those who take it away."
"Look at the world without thoughts, without ideas, without words. The world looks back at you. 'Photography,' Moriyama wrote, 'was a free art form.' 'free' meant no framing, no focus, no subject, no story. It meant using photography to see through the surface of things, to create 'fossils of light' and recover 'memory,' to find a new camera language to capture one's own highly charger emotional experience. Burobuke ('blurred and out-of-focus'), Moriyama called his new photographic style."
I shoot 99% film with my Leica MP and its inseparable friends, 21 Elmarit, 35 Sumicron, 90 Sumicron, 5cm Summitar and 50 Noctilux.
1. Think about death as the graduation of life. Don not fear it, live up to it.
2. Care about people
3. Always do your best
4. Embrace change and the unexpected
5. Be honest to yourself
art is what you can get away with.
- Andy Warhol
Honesty, i believe, is the ultimate state of being. When one is honest with oneself, and with others, there is no conflict and life is clear. In photography i believe the same is true.
What is HILIBOS?
HILIBOS came to life one night in Tokyo when a friend asked jokingly where I was from. To this I proudly answered:
"I'm from HILIBOS, a tiny island on a remote location in the Mediterranean sea." More questions followed:
Q: What language do you speak in HILIBOS?
Q: How do you say "hello" in HILIBOS?
And this way HILIBOS was born.
Today Hilibos means something different. Hilibos is home. I have lived outside of my home country, Mexico, for 16 years. For most of this time I have gone thru the usual "where is home" bit many times.
For a few years I believed home was still Mexico. Then I believed home was California, where I lived for 6 years. My mind changed and I thought Tokyo was home. By the time I moved to New York City I knew better; home was not any of these places, not even New York.
In 2005, on one of my regular trips to Tokyo I realized something: my life so far had been like an ivy. My experiences living in several countries had been like the lead branches, and by this time the tender and energetic leads had turn into strong, luscious branches. I had been home all along, it is just a different concept of home than what I expected.
Home is always changing, it is the vector area where my heart, my thoughts and familes are. I have been so lucky as to living what I had until that time wished for: to live not only in one place, under one roof alone, and with one set of family members. I had been living all along the dream of extending my human network and redefining conventional concepts of growing roots in a physical place. I put down my roots in the world, not in a specific place.
Hilibos is home. How much will it grow? How will it's borders change in the future? Who knows, stay tuned!
- CONTAX T3 22,544 photos, 1,776 members
- Mexico 35mm 2,196 photos, 145 members
- Living in Black and White 78,281 photos, 2,532 members
- A Tree's wisdom is silent 30 photos, 1 member
- Danses et musiques du monde - World dances and music, in the str 4,327 photos, 172 members
- Social Dance: It takes 2 5,216 photos, 116 members
- Japan Street Scenes 9,238 photos, 276 members
- New York City>Chinatown 4,028 photos, 409 members
- NYC People 6,838 photos, 309 members
- tsukiji 2,369 photos, 186 members
- Hanami: Cherry Blossom Viewing at Brooklyn Botanic Garden 2,592 photos, 442 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 6,051 photos, 2,318 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,195 photos, 3,165 members
- Lost graphics 83 photos, 42 members
- Secret portraits 275 photos, 57 members
- Burebuke 646 photos, 76 members
- 告別 映像 - Farewell Photography 222 photos, 334 members
- By Accident 3,314 photos, 1,512 members
- Photographed Photographers 6,739 photos, 863 members
- Stalker 4,850 photos, 806 members
- New York City Emulsions 14,397 photos, 529 members
- Wisdom Cries Out in The Streets. 53,777 photos, 1,574 members
- Street Photography 84,466 photos, 31,740 members
- New York life 185,333 photos, 8,225 members
- New York Photography 321,444 photos, 17,928 members
- New York, New York 385,347 photos, 15,462 members
- New York City Photographer's Club 1,962 photos, 843 members
- NEW YORK CITY DEFINED 136,206 photos, 4,272 members
- New Orleans Photography 49,091 photos, 2,484 members
- New Orleans 59,710 photos, 3,481 members
- Film Portraits 42,607 photos, 2,095 members
- I Love Film 510,325 photos, 7,959 members
- reflections of life 35,787 photos, 1,912 members
- The Film Group 531,415 photos, 10,110 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 312,124 photos, 13,417 members
- On Film and In Focus 20,843 photos, 723 members
- Life is Art! 70,808 photos, 2,244 members
- Emotional Faces 30,554 photos, 3,784 members
- Flickr Gallery 3,192 photos, 187 members
- Flickr Wow (2 posts per day please) 74,834 photos, 3,975 members
- Compositions 298,256 photos, 9,692 members
- 35mm Photographers 776,632 photos, 19,406 members
- Pictures of Life 1,208 photos, 68 members
- FlickrCentral 7,146,040 photos, 207,014 members
- LIFE AND CAMERA 8,098 photos, 264 members
- IS PHOTOGRAPHY ART ? 25,127 photos, 810 members
- flickr.com 9,188 photos, 370 members
- *FILM* Club 196,567 photos, 3,108 members
- Urban Decay 374,572 photos, 30,354 members
- beautiful decay. 262,983 photos, 9,854 members
Hilibos doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Pablo Pineda
- August 2005
- Brooklyn, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken