"No art or artist here, just images meant to shine only through what they show."
Unknown (but self named Urashimataro)
"There are two kinds of people: those who give you energy, and those who take it away."
"Look at the world without thoughts, without ideas, without words. The world looks back at you. 'Photography,' Moriyama wrote, 'was a free art form.' 'free' meant no framing, no focus, no subject, no story. It meant using photography to see through the surface of things, to create 'fossils of light' and recover 'memory,' to find a new camera language to capture one's own highly charger emotional experience. Burobuke ('blurred and out-of-focus'), Moriyama called his new photographic style."
I shoot 99% film with my Leica MP and its inseparable friends, 21 Elmarit, 35 Sumicron, 90 Sumicron, 5cm Summitar and 50 Noctilux.
1. Think about death as the graduation of life. Don not fear it, live up to it.
2. Care about people
3. Always do your best
4. Embrace change and the unexpected
5. Be honest to yourself
art is what you can get away with.
- Andy Warhol
Honesty, i believe, is the ultimate state of being. When one is honest with oneself, and with others, there is no conflict and life is clear. In photography i believe the same is true.
What is HILIBOS?
HILIBOS came to life one night in Tokyo when a friend asked jokingly where I was from. To this I proudly answered:
"I'm from HILIBOS, a tiny island on a remote location in the Mediterranean sea." More questions followed:
Q: What language do you speak in HILIBOS?
Q: How do you say "hello" in HILIBOS?
And this way HILIBOS was born.
Today Hilibos means something different. Hilibos is home. I have lived outside of my home country, Mexico, for 16 years. For most of this time I have gone thru the usual "where is home" bit many times.
For a few years I believed home was still Mexico. Then I believed home was California, where I lived for 6 years. My mind changed and I thought Tokyo was home. By the time I moved to New York City I knew better; home was not any of these places, not even New York.
In 2005, on one of my regular trips to Tokyo I realized something: my life so far had been like an ivy. My experiences living in several countries had been like the lead branches, and by this time the tender and energetic leads had turn into strong, luscious branches. I had been home all along, it is just a different concept of home than what I expected.
Home is always changing, it is the vector area where my heart, my thoughts and familes are. I have been so lucky as to living what I had until that time wished for: to live not only in one place, under one roof alone, and with one set of family members. I had been living all along the dream of extending my human network and redefining conventional concepts of growing roots in a physical place. I put down my roots in the world, not in a specific place.
Hilibos is home. How much will it grow? How will it's borders change in the future? Who knows, stay tuned!
- CONTAX T3 27,798 photos, 2,317 members
- Mexico 35mm 3,115 photos, 198 members
- Living in Black and White 130,940 photos, 3,242 members
- A Tree's wisdom is silent 30 photos, 3 members
- Danses et musiques du monde - World dances and music, in the str 5,647 photos, 212 members
- Social Dance: It takes 2 7,078 photos, 127 members
- Japan Street Scenes 10,549 photos, 315 members
- New York City>Chinatown 4,596 photos, 463 members
- NYC People 9,646 photos, 503 members
- tsukiji 2,431 photos, 212 members
- Hanami: Cherry Blossom Viewing at Brooklyn Botanic Garden 2,685 photos, 488 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 5,700 photos, 2,572 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,387 photos, 3,312 members
- Lost graphics 83 photos, 39 members
- Secret portraits 267 photos, 54 members
- Burebuke 637 photos, 78 members
- 告別 映像 - Farewell Photography 200 photos, 348 members
- By Accident 3,108 photos, 1,509 members
- Photographed Photographers 8,731 photos, 923 members
- Stalker 4,806 photos, 841 members
- New York City Emulsions 17,202 photos, 598 members
- Wisdom Cries Out in The Streets. 65,871 photos, 1,720 members
- Street Photography 3,184 photos, 43,252 members
- New York life 219,787 photos, 8,964 members
- New York Photography 447,241 photos, 22,420 members
- New York, New York 451,691 photos, 17,108 members
- New York City Photographer's Club 1,907 photos, 1,980 members
- NEW YORK CITY DEFINED 167,479 photos, 4,724 members
- New Orleans Photography 74,642 photos, 2,913 members
- New Orleans 76,053 photos, 3,776 members
- Film Portraits 59,060 photos, 2,660 members
- I Love Film 742,011 photos, 10,284 members
- reflections of life 39,845 photos, 1,976 members
- The Film Group 839,136 photos, 14,156 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 392,034 photos, 15,855 members
- On Film and In Focus 33,910 photos, 986 members
- Life is Art! 107,540 photos, 2,596 members
- Emotional Faces 28,355 photos, 3,793 members
- Flickr Gallery 10,086 photos, 211 members
- Flickr Wow (2 posts per day please) 100,059 photos, 4,185 members
- Compositions 507,904 photos, 13,385 members
- 35mm Photographers 1,097,215 photos, 24,533 members
- Pictures of Life 1,220 photos, 69 members
- FlickrCentral 9,428,636 photos, 261,141 members
- LIFE AND CAMERA 9,927 photos, 274 members
- IS PHOTOGRAPHY ART ? 24,046 photos, 801 members
- flickr.com 12,288 photos, 446 members
- *FILM* Club 441,996 photos, 5,814 members
- Urban Decay 476,298 photos, 33,623 members
- beautiful decay. 362,977 photos, 11,581 members
Hilibos doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Pablo Pineda
- August 2005
- Brooklyn, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken