"No art or artist here, just images meant to shine only through what they show."
Unknown (but self named Urashimataro)
"There are two kinds of people: those who give you energy, and those who take it away."
"Look at the world without thoughts, without ideas, without words. The world looks back at you. 'Photography,' Moriyama wrote, 'was a free art form.' 'free' meant no framing, no focus, no subject, no story. It meant using photography to see through the surface of things, to create 'fossils of light' and recover 'memory,' to find a new camera language to capture one's own highly charger emotional experience. Burobuke ('blurred and out-of-focus'), Moriyama called his new photographic style."
I shoot 99% film with my Leica MP and its inseparable friends, 21 Elmarit, 35 Sumicron, 90 Sumicron, 5cm Summitar and 50 Noctilux.
1. Think about death as the graduation of life. Don not fear it, live up to it.
2. Care about people
3. Always do your best
4. Embrace change and the unexpected
5. Be honest to yourself
art is what you can get away with.
- Andy Warhol
Honesty, i believe, is the ultimate state of being. When one is honest with oneself, and with others, there is no conflict and life is clear. In photography i believe the same is true.
What is HILIBOS?
HILIBOS came to life one night in Tokyo when a friend asked jokingly where I was from. To this I proudly answered:
"I'm from HILIBOS, a tiny island on a remote location in the Mediterranean sea." More questions followed:
Q: What language do you speak in HILIBOS?
Q: How do you say "hello" in HILIBOS?
And this way HILIBOS was born.
Today Hilibos means something different. Hilibos is home. I have lived outside of my home country, Mexico, for 16 years. For most of this time I have gone thru the usual "where is home" bit many times.
For a few years I believed home was still Mexico. Then I believed home was California, where I lived for 6 years. My mind changed and I thought Tokyo was home. By the time I moved to New York City I knew better; home was not any of these places, not even New York.
In 2005, on one of my regular trips to Tokyo I realized something: my life so far had been like an ivy. My experiences living in several countries had been like the lead branches, and by this time the tender and energetic leads had turn into strong, luscious branches. I had been home all along, it is just a different concept of home than what I expected.
Home is always changing, it is the vector area where my heart, my thoughts and familes are. I have been so lucky as to living what I had until that time wished for: to live not only in one place, under one roof alone, and with one set of family members. I had been living all along the dream of extending my human network and redefining conventional concepts of growing roots in a physical place. I put down my roots in the world, not in a specific place.
Hilibos is home. How much will it grow? How will it's borders change in the future? Who knows, stay tuned!
- CONTAX T3 27,716 photos, 2,291 members
- Mexico 35mm 3,105 photos, 198 members
- Living in Black and White 128,311 photos, 3,220 members
- A Tree's wisdom is silent 30 photos, 3 members
- Danses et musiques du monde - World dances and music, in the str 5,611 photos, 208 members
- Social Dance: It takes 2 7,051 photos, 127 members
- Japan Street Scenes 10,434 photos, 316 members
- New York City>Chinatown 4,591 photos, 464 members
- NYC People 9,336 photos, 501 members
- tsukiji 2,449 photos, 212 members
- Hanami: Cherry Blossom Viewing at Brooklyn Botanic Garden 2,683 photos, 486 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 5,717 photos, 2,574 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,378 photos, 3,301 members
- Lost graphics 83 photos, 39 members
- Secret portraits 267 photos, 54 members
- Burebuke 642 photos, 78 members
- 告別 映像 - Farewell Photography 200 photos, 347 members
- By Accident 3,126 photos, 1,510 members
- Photographed Photographers 8,672 photos, 921 members
- Stalker 4,810 photos, 839 members
- New York City Emulsions 17,046 photos, 597 members
- Wisdom Cries Out in The Streets. 65,074 photos, 1,716 members
- Street Photography 3,169 photos, 42,975 members
- New York life 217,865 photos, 8,919 members
- New York Photography 441,368 photos, 22,292 members
- New York, New York 448,423 photos, 17,026 members
- New York City Photographer's Club 1,923 photos, 1,961 members
- NEW YORK CITY DEFINED 166,127 photos, 4,694 members
- New Orleans Photography 74,462 photos, 2,899 members
- New Orleans 75,684 photos, 3,763 members
- Film Portraits 58,291 photos, 2,634 members
- I Love Film 732,404 photos, 10,199 members
- reflections of life 39,647 photos, 1,978 members
- The Film Group 825,282 photos, 13,995 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 388,528 photos, 15,770 members
- On Film and In Focus 33,305 photos, 970 members
- Life is Art! 106,477 photos, 2,586 members
- Emotional Faces 28,417 photos, 3,797 members
- Flickr Gallery 9,783 photos, 212 members
- Flickr Wow (2 posts per day please) 99,019 photos, 4,179 members
- Compositions 496,647 photos, 13,247 members
- 35mm Photographers 1,083,777 photos, 24,338 members
- Pictures of Life 1,220 photos, 69 members
- FlickrCentral 9,431,492 photos, 259,451 members
- LIFE AND CAMERA 9,798 photos, 274 members
- IS PHOTOGRAPHY ART ? 24,034 photos, 800 members
- flickr.com 11,933 photos, 441 members
- *FILM* Club 431,099 photos, 5,706 members
- Urban Decay 471,459 photos, 33,515 members
- beautiful decay. 358,350 photos, 11,504 members
Hilibos doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Pablo Pineda
- August 2005
- Brooklyn, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken