"No art or artist here, just images meant to shine only through what they show."
Unknown (but self named Urashimataro)
"There are two kinds of people: those who give you energy, and those who take it away."
"Look at the world without thoughts, without ideas, without words. The world looks back at you. 'Photography,' Moriyama wrote, 'was a free art form.' 'free' meant no framing, no focus, no subject, no story. It meant using photography to see through the surface of things, to create 'fossils of light' and recover 'memory,' to find a new camera language to capture one's own highly charger emotional experience. Burobuke ('blurred and out-of-focus'), Moriyama called his new photographic style."
I shoot 99% film with my Leica MP and its inseparable friends, 21 Elmarit, 35 Sumicron, 90 Sumicron, 5cm Summitar and 50 Noctilux.
1. Think about death as the graduation of life. Don not fear it, live up to it.
2. Care about people
3. Always do your best
4. Embrace change and the unexpected
5. Be honest to yourself
art is what you can get away with.
- Andy Warhol
Honesty, i believe, is the ultimate state of being. When one is honest with oneself, and with others, there is no conflict and life is clear. In photography i believe the same is true.
What is HILIBOS?
HILIBOS came to life one night in Tokyo when a friend asked jokingly where I was from. To this I proudly answered:
"I'm from HILIBOS, a tiny island on a remote location in the Mediterranean sea." More questions followed:
Q: What language do you speak in HILIBOS?
Q: How do you say "hello" in HILIBOS?
And this way HILIBOS was born.
Today Hilibos means something different. Hilibos is home. I have lived outside of my home country, Mexico, for 16 years. For most of this time I have gone thru the usual "where is home" bit many times.
For a few years I believed home was still Mexico. Then I believed home was California, where I lived for 6 years. My mind changed and I thought Tokyo was home. By the time I moved to New York City I knew better; home was not any of these places, not even New York.
In 2005, on one of my regular trips to Tokyo I realized something: my life so far had been like an ivy. My experiences living in several countries had been like the lead branches, and by this time the tender and energetic leads had turn into strong, luscious branches. I had been home all along, it is just a different concept of home than what I expected.
Home is always changing, it is the vector area where my heart, my thoughts and familes are. I have been so lucky as to living what I had until that time wished for: to live not only in one place, under one roof alone, and with one set of family members. I had been living all along the dream of extending my human network and redefining conventional concepts of growing roots in a physical place. I put down my roots in the world, not in a specific place.
Hilibos is home. How much will it grow? How will it's borders change in the future? Who knows, stay tuned!
- CONTAX T3 25,799 photos, 2,056 members
- Mexico 35mm 2,713 photos, 177 members
- Living in Black and White 104,671 photos, 2,973 members
- A Tree's wisdom is silent 30 photos, 3 members
- Danses et musiques du monde - World dances and music, in the str 5,076 photos, 190 members
- Social Dance: It takes 2 6,693 photos, 121 members
- Japan Street Scenes 10,008 photos, 290 members
- New York City>Chinatown 3,841 photos, 433 members
- NYC People 8,873 photos, 414 members
- tsukiji 2,302 photos, 193 members
- Hanami: Cherry Blossom Viewing at Brooklyn Botanic Garden 2,649 photos, 462 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 6,137 photos, 2,484 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,285 photos, 3,239 members
- Lost graphics 83 photos, 40 members
- Secret portraits 273 photos, 55 members
- Burebuke 651 photos, 78 members
- 告別 映像 - Farewell Photography 214 photos, 344 members
- By Accident 3,212 photos, 1,523 members
- Photographed Photographers 7,672 photos, 905 members
- Stalker 4,849 photos, 820 members
- New York City Emulsions 15,821 photos, 576 members
- Wisdom Cries Out in The Streets. 58,720 photos, 1,664 members
- Street Photography 2,873 photos, 39,425 members
- New York life 203,467 photos, 8,558 members
- New York Photography 394,258 photos, 20,677 members
- New York, New York 422,949 photos, 16,395 members
- New York City Photographer's Club 1,932 photos, 1,471 members
- NEW YORK CITY DEFINED 155,013 photos, 4,501 members
- New Orleans Photography 63,962 photos, 2,695 members
- New Orleans 68,961 photos, 3,629 members
- Film Portraits 51,819 photos, 2,416 members
- I Love Film 634,607 photos, 9,461 members
- reflections of life 37,153 photos, 1,949 members
- The Film Group 691,081 photos, 12,612 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 354,278 photos, 14,752 members
- On Film and In Focus 26,416 photos, 855 members
- Life is Art! 90,239 photos, 2,418 members
- Emotional Faces 29,347 photos, 3,827 members
- Flickr Gallery 6,876 photos, 196 members
- Flickr Wow (2 posts per day please) 87,225 photos, 4,078 members
- Compositions 391,359 photos, 11,657 members
- 35mm Photographers 949,576 photos, 22,460 members
- Pictures of Life 1,223 photos, 67 members
- FlickrCentral 9,054,890 photos, 239,927 members
- LIFE AND CAMERA 8,815 photos, 271 members
- IS PHOTOGRAPHY ART ? 25,596 photos, 803 members
- flickr.com 9,567 photos, 387 members
- *FILM* Club 323,968 photos, 4,648 members
- Urban Decay 426,524 photos, 32,268 members
- beautiful decay. 313,987 photos, 10,910 members
Hilibos doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Pablo Pineda
- August 2005
- Brooklyn, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken