- URBAN SHOTS - IN THE MOOD OF SHORE & EGGLESTON 29,370 photos, 1,174 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,803 photos, 45,212 members
- Industrial Archeology - How we were 417 photos, 81 members
- The big empty foreground 10,291 photos, 395 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 49,001 photos, 797 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,863 photos, 27,966 members
- Talking Without Speaking 5,932 photos, 783 members
- blogdowntown 12,827 photos, 271 members
- WeShootFuji 13,125 photos, 953 members
- VSCO Film 122,492 photos, 6,795 members
- Urban Minimalism - 3 Images per day 107,807 photos, 7,054 members
- URBAN Mundane Everyday, Ordinary & Banal 3,295 photos, 85 members
- Fujifilm X-E2 9,853 photos, 1,556 members
- Abandoned : No Hdr, No Tints, No crazy vignetting 34,017 photos, 897 members
- American Typologies 32,931 photos, 710 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 82,624 photos, 2,650 members
- empty landscapes 2,478 photos, 131 members
- The Quiet Photograph 920 photos, 599 members
- The democratic photograph 13,685 photos, 559 members
- Beautiful is Boring 198,138 photos, 6,035 members
- A Portrait Group 515,690 photos, 9,992 members
- New Topographics 78,640 photos, 1,867 members
- Los Angeles Architecture 27,292 photos, 1,496 members
- Urban Los Angeles 12,117 photos, 665 members
- archidose 75,459 photos, 1,734 members
- MALE MODELS 4,453 photos, 594 members
- L.A. Weekly Flickr Pool 54,930 photos, 612 members
- Venice, California 8,417 photos, 747 members
- Like a movie in black and white 2,116 photos, 443 members
- The Definitive Deadpan 1,164 photos, 285 members
- - la photographie modeste - 47,590 photos, 1,064 members
- Classical Architecture. 6,629 photos, 481 members
- Planetizen 13,897 photos, 472 members
- Auto-Anthropology 19,947 photos, 2,022 members
- Urban Skylines 118,944 photos, 7,794 members
- square (don't post the not square photo) 154,308 photos, 5,965 members
- The Art of Portraiture 17,605 photos, 779 members
- Santa Monica 12,083 photos, 1,470 members
- Male Fashion Photography 14,427 photos, 1,645 members
- Portrait Photography Lovers 144,100 photos, 6,756 members
- Architectural Contrast 6,309 photos, 341 members
- Vintage Storefront Design (1940s-1950s) 4,359 photos, 635 members
- The Global Shopfront Library 9,878 photos, 577 members
- Fantastic Portraits 2,579 photos, 696 members
- Buildings/Architecture 1,166,887 photos, 42,285 members
- Light in Architecture 63,066 photos, 5,568 members
- portrait | poets & writers 6,952 photos, 1,005 members
- Mid-Century Modern 23,016 photos, 1,699 members
- Lonely City - Normally busy places -empty of people 8,995 photos, 1,068 members
- Lost In Thought 4,453 photos, 538 members
Ross Reyes says:
"Writer and true man of the world, Andy has an eclectic group of freinds and point of view; all of which are present in his wonderful photographs... spend some time looking through his photo stream and you'll see a subtle cleverness that shows from a person who has his hand on the pulse of so many different things"
July 25th, 2007
A Sutanto says:
"Let me just say it plainly. I am not usually interested in portraits. They are the ones I would view last if ever. But I love Andy's portraits. Be it a portrait of his close friends and family or a complete stranger on the street. Andy always manage to capture them so beautifully. They look like they could be someone I know, someone who I can relate to, someone real. That, in my opinion requires a pair of very 'talented' eyes. And Andy's got them."
June 24th, 2007
"Andy has the most important what a good photographer should have, he has got the eye and the sense to find interesting motives. He also brings the daily life close to the viewer.
I can really take out from his pictures, that he loves photography.
May his passion grow and never stop burning."
January 20th, 2007
"I enjoy the tours of L.A. Andy gives. Like a good guide he always has some insight or recollection.
His photos of buildings have personality and his portraits have structure. It's a look I've never seen anywhere else."
January 10th, 2007
"Hereinvannuys’ images effortlessly portray the ‘cultural’ world (or lack thereof) and its unfortunate but unavoidable half-life…he has an eye for these cultural vestiges, capturing them with a melancholic lens and relentless insouciance. There’s a disinterested mix of both urbane and mundane, a kind of attentive cataloguing that promotes unexpectedly important details. His stoic, Wittgenstein’s-hunkier-but-equally-brainy-brother mug makes his ubiquitous, poker-faced autosnaps all the more fascinating…the world clearly rotates around his axis, and we’re the better for it. And of course he’s smiling inside, in case you were wondering… I’ve learned from his bold and refreshing use of color and his advocacy of good architecture and design. And I love his behind-the-scenes photos of actors being normal people and Hollywood being just a town. Look forward to seeing many more."
September 20th, 2006
Paul Zollo says:
"i like hereinvannuys' photos quite a bit. he shows us our modern times - and the tiny bits of the past that are preserved, such as the old camera shops in the san fernando valley, and he revels in their resonance. but mainly he is showing us life as it is lived in these days, mostly in the vast dystopic megasuburban expanse that is los angeles. he shows us the houses, the valets, the buildings, the streets, the people in the streets. he's not trying to make things look pretty, or skew the view of our modern world. he tells it as it is. yet he brings the artist's eye to every picture he takes and every scene he preserves, and he shows us places that i've been to in the real world - like an art shop near my home - and enables me to view it with fresh eyes. he is a humanist - you can tell her cares about people - and he's an archivist of modern times. he has an appreciation for the modern laid over the matrix of the past, the future built on the bones of all that came before, and his photographs connect all these levels of experience. his perspective is rich. i'm glad i found him."
September 19th, 2006
- June 2005
- Chicago, IL
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Here in Van Nuys