I am first and foremost a prolific consumer/devourer of photographs. I relish looking at photos no matter the genre. Slowly I have started to take photographs for the sake of photography, not just to document trips/vacations. Usually I take pictures (many many pictures) to document moments, memories --because I have this overriding fear that someday soon I will forget.(Ergo, on a 3 day camping trip last summer I snapped 350 or so shots). One advantage of taking copious amounts of pictures is that I've got the numbers to my advantage; I've read that National Geographic photographers take 200 to 300 rolls of film for a single assignment (some on rare occasions go up to 1000 rolls). Of course they've got talent but taking that many amount of pictures means only one thing --the more one takes, the better the chances of getting a few gems. On this point, thank god for digital cameras; the film (remember film?:) cameras almost made me pauper:)
Alas, thank god for Flickr; what brilliant idea! For 15 years I wanted to get 'into' photography but nothing happened; then Flickr came along and ignited(akin to 'going nuclear':) the passion and, more importantly, got me truly started on 'practicing' the art. I currently take pictures of many genres; some favs include travel (a few touristy pics), light distortion, sunkissed, nature, scapes, people....
IF I TAG YOU AS A "CONTACT" its because i liked some or a lot of pictures on your photostream. You don't need to respond in-kind unless you too like my stream. Also, only leave comments if you feel the need and never out of obligation or because you haven't left a comment in a while. But if you'd geniutely like to say 'hi' for the sake of say 'Hi', then be my guest! Lets not get pulled into 'maintance work' when we are here to enjoy the pictures that we like!
ALSO, I WON'T MAKE A GOOD 'CONTACT' if you expect just best of the best pictures or even aesthetically pleasing picture all the time; or if you expect criticism, as I can't do that (Although I would love brutally honest criticism of my pictures). I like put up pictures that have some aesthetic quality but also tend to add lots of quotes or tend to be descriptive about where the pic was taken, the circumstances, and my opinion on it. Thus, be for-warned:)
I ADD PHOTOGRAPHS TO "MY FAVS" COLLECTION because the picture: elicited a emotional response in me, left me speechless, made me come back again and again, and/or, most importantly, because the photograph 'made me do it'!!!!
So let me dispense with frivolous words and go wander where the pictures are, where i am transported to another world. Let me raise a toast to Flickr, Flickrites and love of photography.
Thanks for visitin' this here real estate!
Want to see all the UNESCO World Heritage Site from where you are? Then check this site out:
World Heritage sites in panography - 360 degree imaging
Photos of addicted Eyes (5)
- NOW Magazine 50,630 photos, 1,219 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 335,517 photos, 39,792 members
- Jagriti Yatra [www.jagritiyatra.com] 455 photos, 74 members
- Caribbean Festivals & Carnivals Worldwide 21,422 photos, 996 members
- PHOTO POEMS - FOTOGRAFIA POESIA 8,442 photos, 827 members
- Peoples of India 76,827 photos, 4,318 members
- SELECTION-I.T.S.O.National Geographic 7,080 photos, 850 members
- **FlickrsBest** 260,876 photos, 17,281 members
- Best of Asia (New rule will be applied after mid of Jan 2010) 22,682 photos, 1,330 members
- Empty Planet (Where is Everybody?) 8,581 photos, 562 members
- Mass Tourism Sucks! 227 photos, 117 members
- 50 MILLION MISSING: A CAMPAIGN TO END INDIA'S FEMALE GENDERCIDE 16,465 photos, 2,606 members
- African landscapes 10,112 photos, 477 members
- Portraits That Tell a Story (READ RULES BEFORE POSTING!) 215,385 photos, 12,412 members
- Explore Me 19,652 photos, 822 members
- - A u t u m n - H e r f s t - A u t o m n e - 4,405 photos, 366 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,288 photos, 7,422 members
- WorldWalkers 15,150 photos, 700 members
- Bharata Natyam (Only Your Very Best) 619 photos, 191 members
- Make me smile 701 photos, 212 members
- Darwinism 2,792 photos, 251 members
- Comments Comments Comments (Post 1/Comment on 5) Read the Rules 72,572 photos, 8,254 members
- Children of War 1,084 photos, 184 members
- *Karma* 927,380 photos, 17,363 members
- "BANGKOK CAFE" 12,009 photos, 578 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 485,319 photos, 63,609 members
- !Afterclass! 14,754 photos, 2,493 members
- heal & transcend the cleavage between humanity & nature 1,272 photos, 97 members
- Traveller's World 914,212 photos, 12,127 members
- Letchworth State Park, New York State 2,192 photos, 320 members
- Airplanes 1,165,888 photos, 12,427 members
- Jet Airplanes 699,247 photos, 4,121 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 189,778 photos, 7,156 members
- 2 for 2 (view 2, comment on 2) 24,122 photos, 1,469 members
- Aviation 833,990 photos, 14,511 members
- flickr poker 54,918 photos, 5,335 members
- children of asia 12,926 photos, 898 members
- Nature Photography 3,447,788 photos, 86,635 members
- 1-2-3 Travel (1 a day) 19,199 photos, 793 members
- Tamil Culture 2,114 photos, 157 members
- enlightenment 1,796 photos, 245 members
- Vancouver 226,188 photos, 7,993 members
- * Attention Starved * 1,044 photos, 77 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 4,585,927 photos, 122,350 members
- Interesting Portraits ☺ [people] 748,699 photos, 28,730 members
- Picturing the Woman 75,669 photos, 7,111 members
- Devotion / Surrender 1,078 photos, 127 members
- Indian Marriage & Wedding Ceremonies. (ONLY ur BEST) 4,165 photos, 1,799 members
- Weddings Marriages & More 39,082 photos, 2,796 members
- The Photo Of The Week ( Limit 1 per day!) 48,162 photos, 3,198 members
"What I like the most in Hari's addicted eyes, is his way to take the "Flickr affair" : all for pleasure, nothing for "maintnance work", as he says in his profile. Valuable attitude !
Then comes his stream, where I get great quotes wich make my day more enjoyable, and eclectic pictures wich take me in so many different places, day after day. Always a surprise, even thought I don't always leave a comment…
Then comes his involvment in creating quality oriented groups, and to maintain them. Not a small job for sure.
In the end, he inspires me with energy, and that's what motivates this testimonial. Thank's Hari for all the inner beauty you are showing us."
April 19th, 2006
Donna Sullivan Thomson says:
"Ahhhh, hari! It was my lucky day when I found hari's photos. As I have already told him, pictures say a thousand words, but the addition of hari's words, whether they are his or a quote (especially Gibran), give them soul! And...not only does he share these beautiful and soulful photographs and words, he also links us to some delightful music to add to the experience.
You are a treasure, hari! I wish for you a life full of happiness and all of the spicy food and dark chocolate that you can eat! (oops...I told our secret)..lol.
Many hugs to you, my new friend!
April 15th, 2006
- October 2005
- a Crazy Canuck in Buffalo bwo Toronto bwo Miami bwo Erode, Thamil Nadu
- I am:
- Male and Single