According to the folks at flickr, you might enjoy these:
When people ask me what I do, I tell them that I'm a photographer. It's not my occupation, and I don't get paid to do it (though I did try that route for a while...), but it's what I love to do. It's who I am.
I love film, and all things associated with shooting it. I dream of having a darkroom someday, but am content with a changing bag, sink, and scanner. Digital is okay, and I shoot it once in a blue moon, but for me it's just a little too....digital.
I like flickr because it's the best place on the web to find other like-minded, or better yet, radically different-minded people to share with and learn from each other. One of the coolest things is seeing someone develop and grow as they learn and take on new things...were it not for the influences I've had from flickr friends over the years, I don't think I would have found the level of enjoyment I get from the photography experience.
Photos of haydnseek (2)
- Diners 8,747 photos, 2,058 members
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives 15,378 photos, 1,425 members
- Pre-Captioned 8 photos, 33 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 326,595 photos, 6,925 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Minimalism *OPEN* 4,524,069 photos, 121,734 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 420,559 photos, 16,659 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 66,750 photos, 4,825 members
- C.A.F.E. 116 photos, 1,681 members
- night on earth... 67,205 photos, 4,233 members
- Machined 2,455 photos, 382 members
- FlickrCentral 9,308,174 photos, 276,673 members
- Cross Processing - FILM ONLY 199,847 photos, 20,189 members
- Experimentos - Experiments 4,789 photos, 367 members
- Mixer Trucks & Related Equipment 4,935 photos, 306 members
- difference & repetition 7,453 photos, 767 members
- I Shot My Macro This Way .... Please post the gear you used!!!!! 23,187 photos, 1,879 members
- You can't take pictures here! 11,726 photos, 2,274 members
- Old Buildings & More..... 115,374 photos, 3,695 members
- Black and White 6,838,305 photos, 358,088 members
- Classic cameras (pre-80s)... 74,317 photos, 1,535 members
- Black and White Film 635,314 photos, 14,421 members
- Camera Kudos 22,969 photos, 977 members
- Large Format 76,655 photos, 16,430 members
- Allow Member to Post One Photo(s) Ever 144 photos, 289 members
- Rural Decay 239,798 photos, 46,523 members
- .around.the.corner. 1,365 photos, 78 members
- 35mm Sprocket Holes 22,780 photos, 3,362 members
- analog 471,682 photos, 7,393 members
- Grain is Good 484,753 photos, 16,258 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 214,723 photos, 20,686 members
- Medium Format (120/220 film only) 813,437 photos, 36,642 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 400,909 photos, 25,709 members
- LOMO 225,568 photos, 38,521 members
- Inanimate Affairs 1,600 photos, 360 members
- graflex 15,407 photos, 2,159 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 415,976 photos, 11,192 members
- black white contrast 32,469 photos, 980 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 119,740 photos, 5,506 members
- low-fi 68,806 photos, 1,862 members
- Toy Cameras 299,637 photos, 26,277 members
- Holga 252,518 photos, 19,289 members
- HOLGA&LOMO 175,615 photos, 6,807 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 49,530 photos, 8,072 members
- If These Walls Could Talk... 44,309 photos, 2,094 members
- Beginner to Intermediate Photography 425,145 photos, 10,719 members
- Analog Photography 2,317,246 photos, 51,756 members
- Photoshop Discussion 4,074 photos, 504 members
- canon film photography 227,317 photos, 11,901 members
- 2 Minute Photoshop Tricks 1,693 photos, 1,424 members
- Tilt Shift 38,546 photos, 4,945 members
"Because of Haydnseek, I was compelled yesterday to prune my photostream!
He has established and maintained technical and artistic standards that I admire and to which I aspire. His shots of Lancaster capture what is special about the community and often make me homesick.
I anticipate his newest contributions when I log on every morning, and look forward to observing his development as a photographer."
February 12th, 2006
"I can't help but love the photos of a fellow train person. Bill has an eye for neat structures and really brings Lancaster to life in his photos. Whenever I'm missing Pennsylvania (which is far too often) I know I can come to his photos and see the beauty of my home state."
January 21st, 2006
Ali Brohi says:
"The Lancaster Wanderer (in a very positive way *grin*) with a 600mm on his shoulder is nothing short of a perfect example of “A Student of Life”. Energy to learn and appreciate keeps pouring outta Bill and he proves it in every single shot of his. His versatility in imagery is quite fascinating and gives you a true taste of his locality and his ambition to go far & beyond in photography…
I’m a special fan of his railroad stuff :D"
November 13th, 2005
Riot Sauce says:
"Haydnseek draws you into his world of Lancaster PA through the back door. You won't find many pictures of haystacks or horse-drawn buggies in his photostream - you're more likely to find a penetrating and intimate look at railroad yards, industrial sites, and out of the way corners, hauntingly illuminated.
Haydnseek is one of my favorite contacts, and a flickr (and probably real-life) contemporary. His photostream is one of the first I check for new work - it's a journey of discovery and development as a photographer and artist, in progress. I relate to it and appreciate what he's working for. I don't know this for certain, but I suspect we're both hungry for mastery of the technical aspects of photography so we can get on with the business of saying something the way we want to. I'm not sure that he knows how well he's already succeeding at that. Taken as a whole, Haydnseek's body of work speaks to us in his unique voice, and it draws you in, and invites you to stay.
I'm excited to see that Haydnseek has started including people in his landscape, and look forward to seeing him continue to unravel the mysteries of Lancaster County through his lens."
November 11th, 2005
Snow Kisses Sky says:
"For the past few months, Haydnseek has alrady uploaded many amazing pictures. As one of his regular contacts, I also got many useful advices and comments from him.
Haydn's photography and photoshop skills are getting better and better, and the improvement will definitely keep going...
Keep posting, Haydn, let's improve together.
Ben, from misty Beijing"
October 25th, 2005
"One of my best Flickr buds! Haydnseek has a real desire to learn and achieve more in photography -- watch as he captures more of the gritty, muted sides of industrial and rural Lancaster county. But if you are expecting only that -- he will surprise you!"
October 7th, 2005
- Bill Ohl
- July 2005
- Boston, MA
- I am:
- Male and Taken