According to the folks at flickr, you might enjoy these:
When people ask me what I do, I tell them that I'm a photographer. It's not my occupation, and I don't get paid to do it (though I did try that route for a while...), but it's what I love to do. It's who I am.
I love film, and all things associated with shooting it. I dream of having a darkroom someday, but am content with a changing bag, sink, and scanner. Digital is okay, and I shoot it once in a blue moon, but for me it's just a little too....digital.
I like flickr because it's the best place on the web to find other like-minded, or better yet, radically different-minded people to share with and learn from each other. One of the coolest things is seeing someone develop and grow as they learn and take on new things...were it not for the influences I've had from flickr friends over the years, I don't think I would have found the level of enjoyment I get from the photography experience.
Photos of haydnseek (2)
- Diners 7,385 photos, 1,925 members
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives 11,357 photos, 1,184 members
- Pre-Captioned 8 photos, 34 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 209,260 photos, 5,821 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Portrait Thursdays *OPEN* 3,413,838 photos, 97,596 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 312,493 photos, 13,422 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 63,683 photos, 4,709 members
- C.A.F.E. 118 photos, 1,710 members
- night on earth... 23,130 photos, 1,738 members
- Machined 1,768 photos, 253 members
- FlickrCentral 7,164,191 photos, 207,379 members
- Cross Processing - FILM ONLY 177,334 photos, 15,817 members
- Experimentos - Experiments 3,849 photos, 357 members
- Mixer Trucks & Related Equipment 2,890 photos, 216 members
- difference & repetition 7,678 photos, 742 members
- I Shot My Macro This Way .... Please post the gear you used!!!!! 20,001 photos, 1,801 members
- You can't take pictures here! 12,473 photos, 2,312 members
- Old Buildings & More..... 58,294 photos, 2,380 members
- Black and White 5,871,536 photos, 283,926 members
- Classic cameras (pre-80s)... 49,306 photos, 1,398 members
- Black and White Film 377,589 photos, 10,554 members
- Camera Kudos 16,527 photos, 886 members
- Large Format 59,431 photos, 10,367 members
- Allow Member to Post One Photo(s) Ever 145 photos, 292 members
- Rural Decay 184,803 photos, 33,353 members
- .around.the.corner. 1,377 photos, 79 members
- 35mm Sprocket Holes 21,118 photos, 3,089 members
- analog 247,730 photos, 4,437 members
- Grain is Good 296,184 photos, 13,305 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 176,386 photos, 15,784 members
- Medium Format (film only) 699,905 photos, 27,872 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 252,832 photos, 16,379 members
- LOMO 219,226 photos, 34,837 members
- Inanimate Affairs 1,635 photos, 345 members
- graflex 11,335 photos, 1,652 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 298,326 photos, 9,719 members
- black white contrast 11,570 photos, 628 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 75,996 photos, 4,409 members
- low-fi 61,715 photos, 1,763 members
- Toy Cameras 297,722 photos, 23,331 members
- Holga 251,045 photos, 19,409 members
- HOLGA&LOMO 168,603 photos, 6,736 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 42,162 photos, 7,900 members
- If These Walls Could Talk... 41,017 photos, 2,039 members
- Beginner to Intermediate Photography 258,360 photos, 8,912 members
- Analog Photography 1,535,745 photos, 34,371 members
- Photoshop Discussion 995 photos, 226 members
- canon film photography 157,652 photos, 9,488 members
- 2 Minute Photoshop Tricks 1,443 photos, 1,402 members
- Tilt Shift 27,683 photos, 4,265 members
"Because of Haydnseek, I was compelled yesterday to prune my photostream!
He has established and maintained technical and artistic standards that I admire and to which I aspire. His shots of Lancaster capture what is special about the community and often make me homesick.
I anticipate his newest contributions when I log on every morning, and look forward to observing his development as a photographer."
12th February, 2006
"I can't help but love the photos of a fellow train person. Bill has an eye for neat structures and really brings Lancaster to life in his photos. Whenever I'm missing Pennsylvania (which is far too often) I know I can come to his photos and see the beauty of my home state."
21st January, 2006
Ali Brohi says:
"The Lancaster Wanderer (in a very positive way *grin*) with a 600mm on his shoulder is nothing short of a perfect example of “A Student of Life”. Energy to learn and appreciate keeps pouring outta Bill and he proves it in every single shot of his. His versatility in imagery is quite fascinating and gives you a true taste of his locality and his ambition to go far & beyond in photography…
I’m a special fan of his railroad stuff :D"
13th November, 2005
Riot Sauce says:
"Haydnseek draws you into his world of Lancaster PA through the back door. You won't find many pictures of haystacks or horse-drawn buggies in his photostream - you're more likely to find a penetrating and intimate look at railroad yards, industrial sites, and out of the way corners, hauntingly illuminated.
Haydnseek is one of my favorite contacts, and a flickr (and probably real-life) contemporary. His photostream is one of the first I check for new work - it's a journey of discovery and development as a photographer and artist, in progress. I relate to it and appreciate what he's working for. I don't know this for certain, but I suspect we're both hungry for mastery of the technical aspects of photography so we can get on with the business of saying something the way we want to. I'm not sure that he knows how well he's already succeeding at that. Taken as a whole, Haydnseek's body of work speaks to us in his unique voice, and it draws you in, and invites you to stay.
I'm excited to see that Haydnseek has started including people in his landscape, and look forward to seeing him continue to unravel the mysteries of Lancaster County through his lens."
11th November, 2005
Snow Kisses Sky says:
"For the past few months, Haydnseek has alrady uploaded many amazing pictures. As one of his regular contacts, I also got many useful advices and comments from him.
Haydn's photography and photoshop skills are getting better and better, and the improvement will definitely keep going...
Keep posting, Haydn, let's improve together.
Ben, from misty Beijing"
25th October, 2005
"One of my best Flickr buds! Haydnseek has a real desire to learn and achieve more in photography -- watch as he captures more of the gritty, muted sides of industrial and rural Lancaster county. But if you are expecting only that -- he will surprise you!"
7th October, 2005
- Bill Ohl
- July 2005
- Boston, MA
- I am:
- Male and Taken