According to the folks at flickr, you might enjoy these:
When people ask me what I do, I tell them that I'm a photographer. It's not my occupation, and I don't get paid to do it (though I did try that route for a while...), but it's what I love to do. It's who I am.
I love film, and all things associated with shooting it. I dream of having a darkroom someday, but am content with a changing bag, sink, and scanner. Digital is okay, and I shoot it once in a blue moon, but for me it's just a little too....digital.
I like flickr because it's the best place on the web to find other like-minded, or better yet, radically different-minded people to share with and learn from each other. One of the coolest things is seeing someone develop and grow as they learn and take on new things...were it not for the influences I've had from flickr friends over the years, I don't think I would have found the level of enjoyment I get from the photography experience.
Photos of haydnseek (2)
- Diners 7,892 photos, 1,999 members
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives 12,904 photos, 1,301 members
- Pre-Captioned 8 photos, 33 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 269,362 photos, 6,634 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 4,031,692 photos, 112,664 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 367,017 photos, 15,177 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 66,928 photos, 4,780 members
- C.A.F.E. 117 photos, 1,699 members
- night on earth... 43,730 photos, 3,186 members
- Machined 2,068 photos, 310 members
- FlickrCentral 9,499,588 photos, 249,479 members
- Cross Processing - FILM ONLY 191,768 photos, 18,677 members
- Experimentos - Experiments 4,212 photos, 364 members
- Mixer Trucks & Related Equipment 3,797 photos, 267 members
- difference & repetition 7,605 photos, 765 members
- I Shot My Macro This Way .... Please post the gear you used!!!!! 21,809 photos, 1,846 members
- You can't take pictures here! 12,037 photos, 2,306 members
- Old Buildings & More..... 83,507 photos, 3,026 members
- Black and White 6,859,742 photos, 338,738 members
- Classic cameras (pre-80s)... 61,932 photos, 1,482 members
- Black and White Film 500,769 photos, 12,718 members
- Camera Kudos 19,738 photos, 951 members
- Large Format 70,699 photos, 13,921 members
- Allow Member to Post One Photo(s) Ever 143 photos, 290 members
- Rural Decay 216,112 photos, 40,836 members
- .around.the.corner. 1,368 photos, 78 members
- 35mm Sprocket Holes 22,457 photos, 3,219 members
- analog 380,208 photos, 6,080 members
- Grain is Good 397,822 photos, 15,193 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 197,949 photos, 18,805 members
- Medium Format (film only) 798,778 photos, 33,189 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 334,780 photos, 23,184 members
- LOMO 223,472 photos, 37,589 members
- Inanimate Affairs 1,643 photos, 360 members
- graflex 13,917 photos, 1,908 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 368,393 photos, 10,618 members
- black white contrast 23,074 photos, 873 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 99,432 photos, 5,092 members
- low-fi 66,239 photos, 1,836 members
- Toy Cameras 297,227 photos, 25,247 members
- Holga 251,832 photos, 19,416 members
- HOLGA&LOMO 172,811 photos, 6,743 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 46,130 photos, 8,040 members
- If These Walls Could Talk... 45,232 photos, 2,090 members
- Beginner to Intermediate Photography 332,947 photos, 9,917 members
- Analog Photography 1,980,234 photos, 44,990 members
- Photoshop Discussion 2,857 photos, 379 members
- canon film photography 193,436 photos, 10,803 members
- 2 Minute Photoshop Tricks 1,616 photos, 1,410 members
- Tilt Shift 34,433 photos, 4,821 members
"Because of Haydnseek, I was compelled yesterday to prune my photostream!
He has established and maintained technical and artistic standards that I admire and to which I aspire. His shots of Lancaster capture what is special about the community and often make me homesick.
I anticipate his newest contributions when I log on every morning, and look forward to observing his development as a photographer."
February 12th, 2006
"I can't help but love the photos of a fellow train person. Bill has an eye for neat structures and really brings Lancaster to life in his photos. Whenever I'm missing Pennsylvania (which is far too often) I know I can come to his photos and see the beauty of my home state."
January 21st, 2006
Ali Brohi says:
"The Lancaster Wanderer (in a very positive way *grin*) with a 600mm on his shoulder is nothing short of a perfect example of “A Student of Life”. Energy to learn and appreciate keeps pouring outta Bill and he proves it in every single shot of his. His versatility in imagery is quite fascinating and gives you a true taste of his locality and his ambition to go far & beyond in photography…
I’m a special fan of his railroad stuff :D"
November 13th, 2005
Riot Sauce says:
"Haydnseek draws you into his world of Lancaster PA through the back door. You won't find many pictures of haystacks or horse-drawn buggies in his photostream - you're more likely to find a penetrating and intimate look at railroad yards, industrial sites, and out of the way corners, hauntingly illuminated.
Haydnseek is one of my favorite contacts, and a flickr (and probably real-life) contemporary. His photostream is one of the first I check for new work - it's a journey of discovery and development as a photographer and artist, in progress. I relate to it and appreciate what he's working for. I don't know this for certain, but I suspect we're both hungry for mastery of the technical aspects of photography so we can get on with the business of saying something the way we want to. I'm not sure that he knows how well he's already succeeding at that. Taken as a whole, Haydnseek's body of work speaks to us in his unique voice, and it draws you in, and invites you to stay.
I'm excited to see that Haydnseek has started including people in his landscape, and look forward to seeing him continue to unravel the mysteries of Lancaster County through his lens."
November 11th, 2005
Snow Kisses Sky says:
"For the past few months, Haydnseek has alrady uploaded many amazing pictures. As one of his regular contacts, I also got many useful advices and comments from him.
Haydn's photography and photoshop skills are getting better and better, and the improvement will definitely keep going...
Keep posting, Haydn, let's improve together.
Ben, from misty Beijing"
October 25th, 2005
"One of my best Flickr buds! Haydnseek has a real desire to learn and achieve more in photography -- watch as he captures more of the gritty, muted sides of industrial and rural Lancaster county. But if you are expecting only that -- he will surprise you!"
October 7th, 2005
- Bill Ohl
- July 2005
- Boston, MA
- I am:
- Male and Taken