According to the folks at flickr, you might enjoy these:
When people ask me what I do, I tell them that I'm a photographer. It's not my occupation, and I don't get paid to do it (though I did try that route for a while...), but it's what I love to do. It's who I am.
I love film, and all things associated with shooting it. I dream of having a darkroom someday, but am content with a changing bag, sink, and scanner. Digital is okay, and I shoot it once in a blue moon, but for me it's just a little too....digital.
I like flickr because it's the best place on the web to find other like-minded, or better yet, radically different-minded people to share with and learn from each other. One of the coolest things is seeing someone develop and grow as they learn and take on new things...were it not for the influences I've had from flickr friends over the years, I don't think I would have found the level of enjoyment I get from the photography experience.
Photos of haydnseek (2)
- Diners 8,158 photos, 2,015 members
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives 13,530 photos, 1,330 members
- Pre-Captioned 8 photos, 33 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 285,435 photos, 6,748 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Monochrome Mondays *OPEN* 4,187,484 photos, 114,960 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 381,514 photos, 15,586 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 67,068 photos, 4,778 members
- C.A.F.E. 117 photos, 1,693 members
- night on earth... 49,016 photos, 3,441 members
- Machined 2,211 photos, 329 members
- FlickrCentral 9,433,640 photos, 255,225 members
- Cross Processing - FILM ONLY 196,349 photos, 19,399 members
- Experimentos - Experiments 4,433 photos, 365 members
- Mixer Trucks & Related Equipment 4,097 photos, 276 members
- difference & repetition 7,589 photos, 770 members
- I Shot My Macro This Way .... Please post the gear you used!!!!! 22,239 photos, 1,853 members
- You can't take pictures here! 12,004 photos, 2,304 members
- Old Buildings & More..... 91,525 photos, 3,207 members
- Black and White 6,872,582 photos, 345,641 members
- Classic cameras (pre-80s)... 65,722 photos, 1,497 members
- Black and White Film 533,753 photos, 13,139 members
- Camera Kudos 20,463 photos, 961 members
- Large Format 72,562 photos, 14,729 members
- Allow Member to Post One Photo(s) Ever 144 photos, 292 members
- Rural Decay 225,219 photos, 42,545 members
- .around.the.corner. 1,368 photos, 78 members
- 35mm Sprocket Holes 22,636 photos, 3,244 members
- analog 413,332 photos, 6,417 members
- Grain is Good 422,101 photos, 15,493 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 202,437 photos, 19,406 members
- Medium Format (120/220 film only) 810,254 photos, 34,261 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 355,757 photos, 24,071 members
- LOMO 223,410 photos, 38,104 members
- Inanimate Affairs 1,640 photos, 358 members
- graflex 14,254 photos, 1,951 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 385,180 photos, 10,751 members
- black white contrast 26,084 photos, 929 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 101,149 photos, 5,161 members
- low-fi 67,089 photos, 1,848 members
- Toy Cameras 298,066 photos, 25,615 members
- Holga 252,028 photos, 19,389 members
- HOLGA&LOMO 173,477 photos, 6,728 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 47,038 photos, 8,075 members
- If These Walls Could Talk... 43,990 photos, 2,099 members
- Beginner to Intermediate Photography 354,717 photos, 10,142 members
- Analog Photography 2,095,359 photos, 47,436 members
- Photoshop Discussion 3,271 photos, 410 members
- canon film photography 202,280 photos, 11,064 members
- 2 Minute Photoshop Tricks 1,649 photos, 1,414 members
- Tilt Shift 35,097 photos, 4,869 members
"Because of Haydnseek, I was compelled yesterday to prune my photostream!
He has established and maintained technical and artistic standards that I admire and to which I aspire. His shots of Lancaster capture what is special about the community and often make me homesick.
I anticipate his newest contributions when I log on every morning, and look forward to observing his development as a photographer."
February 12th, 2006
"I can't help but love the photos of a fellow train person. Bill has an eye for neat structures and really brings Lancaster to life in his photos. Whenever I'm missing Pennsylvania (which is far too often) I know I can come to his photos and see the beauty of my home state."
January 21st, 2006
Ali Brohi says:
"The Lancaster Wanderer (in a very positive way *grin*) with a 600mm on his shoulder is nothing short of a perfect example of “A Student of Life”. Energy to learn and appreciate keeps pouring outta Bill and he proves it in every single shot of his. His versatility in imagery is quite fascinating and gives you a true taste of his locality and his ambition to go far & beyond in photography…
I’m a special fan of his railroad stuff :D"
November 13th, 2005
Riot Sauce says:
"Haydnseek draws you into his world of Lancaster PA through the back door. You won't find many pictures of haystacks or horse-drawn buggies in his photostream - you're more likely to find a penetrating and intimate look at railroad yards, industrial sites, and out of the way corners, hauntingly illuminated.
Haydnseek is one of my favorite contacts, and a flickr (and probably real-life) contemporary. His photostream is one of the first I check for new work - it's a journey of discovery and development as a photographer and artist, in progress. I relate to it and appreciate what he's working for. I don't know this for certain, but I suspect we're both hungry for mastery of the technical aspects of photography so we can get on with the business of saying something the way we want to. I'm not sure that he knows how well he's already succeeding at that. Taken as a whole, Haydnseek's body of work speaks to us in his unique voice, and it draws you in, and invites you to stay.
I'm excited to see that Haydnseek has started including people in his landscape, and look forward to seeing him continue to unravel the mysteries of Lancaster County through his lens."
November 11th, 2005
Snow Kisses Sky says:
"For the past few months, Haydnseek has alrady uploaded many amazing pictures. As one of his regular contacts, I also got many useful advices and comments from him.
Haydn's photography and photoshop skills are getting better and better, and the improvement will definitely keep going...
Keep posting, Haydn, let's improve together.
Ben, from misty Beijing"
October 25th, 2005
"One of my best Flickr buds! Haydnseek has a real desire to learn and achieve more in photography -- watch as he captures more of the gritty, muted sides of industrial and rural Lancaster county. But if you are expecting only that -- he will surprise you!"
October 7th, 2005
- Bill Ohl
- July 2005
- Boston, MA
- I am:
- Male and Taken