According to the folks at flickr, you might enjoy these:
When people ask me what I do, I tell them that I'm a photographer. It's not my occupation, and I don't get paid to do it (though I did try that route for a while...), but it's what I love to do. It's who I am.
I love film, and all things associated with shooting it. I dream of having a darkroom someday, but am content with a changing bag, sink, and scanner. Digital is okay, and I shoot it once in a blue moon, but for me it's just a little too....digital.
I like flickr because it's the best place on the web to find other like-minded, or better yet, radically different-minded people to share with and learn from each other. One of the coolest things is seeing someone develop and grow as they learn and take on new things...were it not for the influences I've had from flickr friends over the years, I don't think I would have found the level of enjoyment I get from the photography experience.
Photos of haydnseek (2)
- Diners 8,380 photos, 2,030 members
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives 14,059 photos, 1,364 members
- Pre-Captioned 8 photos, 33 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 302,362 photos, 6,830 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Monochrome Mondays *OPEN* 4,338,104 photos, 117,335 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 395,803 photos, 15,966 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 67,503 photos, 4,806 members
- C.A.F.E. 117 photos, 1,693 members
- night on earth... 56,450 photos, 3,784 members
- Machined 2,275 photos, 345 members
- FlickrCentral 9,425,040 photos, 263,098 members
- Cross Processing - FILM ONLY 200,445 photos, 19,762 members
- Experimentos - Experiments 4,659 photos, 366 members
- Mixer Trucks & Related Equipment 4,399 photos, 287 members
- difference & repetition 7,583 photos, 766 members
- I Shot My Macro This Way .... Please post the gear you used!!!!! 22,483 photos, 1,865 members
- You can't take pictures here! 11,982 photos, 2,299 members
- Old Buildings & More..... 96,059 photos, 3,384 members
- Black and White 6,859,886 photos, 351,560 members
- Classic cameras (pre-80s)... 68,456 photos, 1,511 members
- Black and White Film 563,509 photos, 13,547 members
- Camera Kudos 21,265 photos, 969 members
- Large Format 74,579 photos, 15,337 members
- Allow Member to Post One Photo(s) Ever 144 photos, 291 members
- Rural Decay 233,890 photos, 45,226 members
- .around.the.corner. 1,366 photos, 78 members
- 35mm Sprocket Holes 22,644 photos, 3,273 members
- analog 424,213 photos, 6,751 members
- Grain is Good 443,851 photos, 15,789 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 206,947 photos, 19,926 members
- Medium Format (120/220 film only) 817,905 photos, 35,054 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 372,095 photos, 24,744 members
- LOMO 224,611 photos, 38,264 members
- Inanimate Affairs 1,639 photos, 360 members
- graflex 14,570 photos, 2,014 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 383,284 photos, 10,887 members
- black white contrast 28,832 photos, 967 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 105,048 photos, 5,244 members
- low-fi 67,793 photos, 1,854 members
- Toy Cameras 298,625 photos, 25,963 members
- Holga 252,163 photos, 19,351 members
- HOLGA&LOMO 174,011 photos, 6,751 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 47,798 photos, 8,074 members
- If These Walls Could Talk... 43,750 photos, 2,100 members
- Beginner to Intermediate Photography 379,729 photos, 10,364 members
- Analog Photography 2,183,801 photos, 48,925 members
- Photoshop Discussion 3,421 photos, 444 members
- canon film photography 210,223 photos, 11,330 members
- 2 Minute Photoshop Tricks 1,669 photos, 1,418 members
- Tilt Shift 36,525 photos, 4,890 members
"Because of Haydnseek, I was compelled yesterday to prune my photostream!
He has established and maintained technical and artistic standards that I admire and to which I aspire. His shots of Lancaster capture what is special about the community and often make me homesick.
I anticipate his newest contributions when I log on every morning, and look forward to observing his development as a photographer."
February 12th, 2006
"I can't help but love the photos of a fellow train person. Bill has an eye for neat structures and really brings Lancaster to life in his photos. Whenever I'm missing Pennsylvania (which is far too often) I know I can come to his photos and see the beauty of my home state."
January 21st, 2006
Ali Brohi says:
"The Lancaster Wanderer (in a very positive way *grin*) with a 600mm on his shoulder is nothing short of a perfect example of “A Student of Life”. Energy to learn and appreciate keeps pouring outta Bill and he proves it in every single shot of his. His versatility in imagery is quite fascinating and gives you a true taste of his locality and his ambition to go far & beyond in photography…
I’m a special fan of his railroad stuff :D"
November 13th, 2005
Riot Sauce says:
"Haydnseek draws you into his world of Lancaster PA through the back door. You won't find many pictures of haystacks or horse-drawn buggies in his photostream - you're more likely to find a penetrating and intimate look at railroad yards, industrial sites, and out of the way corners, hauntingly illuminated.
Haydnseek is one of my favorite contacts, and a flickr (and probably real-life) contemporary. His photostream is one of the first I check for new work - it's a journey of discovery and development as a photographer and artist, in progress. I relate to it and appreciate what he's working for. I don't know this for certain, but I suspect we're both hungry for mastery of the technical aspects of photography so we can get on with the business of saying something the way we want to. I'm not sure that he knows how well he's already succeeding at that. Taken as a whole, Haydnseek's body of work speaks to us in his unique voice, and it draws you in, and invites you to stay.
I'm excited to see that Haydnseek has started including people in his landscape, and look forward to seeing him continue to unravel the mysteries of Lancaster County through his lens."
November 11th, 2005
Snow Kisses Sky says:
"For the past few months, Haydnseek has alrady uploaded many amazing pictures. As one of his regular contacts, I also got many useful advices and comments from him.
Haydn's photography and photoshop skills are getting better and better, and the improvement will definitely keep going...
Keep posting, Haydn, let's improve together.
Ben, from misty Beijing"
October 25th, 2005
"One of my best Flickr buds! Haydnseek has a real desire to learn and achieve more in photography -- watch as he captures more of the gritty, muted sides of industrial and rural Lancaster county. But if you are expecting only that -- he will surprise you!"
October 7th, 2005
- Bill Ohl
- July 2005
- Boston, MA
- I am:
- Male and Taken