According to the folks at flickr, you might enjoy these:
When people ask me what I do, I tell them that I'm a photographer. It's not my occupation, and I don't get paid to do it (though I did try that route for a while...), but it's what I love to do. It's who I am.
I love film, and all things associated with shooting it. I dream of having a darkroom someday, but am content with a changing bag, sink, and scanner. Digital is okay, and I shoot it once in a blue moon, but for me it's just a little too....digital.
I like flickr because it's the best place on the web to find other like-minded, or better yet, radically different-minded people to share with and learn from each other. One of the coolest things is seeing someone develop and grow as they learn and take on new things...were it not for the influences I've had from flickr friends over the years, I don't think I would have found the level of enjoyment I get from the photography experience.
Photos of haydnseek (2)
- Diners 8,271 photos, 2,026 members
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives 13,766 photos, 1,344 members
- Pre-Captioned 8 photos, 33 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 294,059 photos, 6,787 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Monochrome Mondays *OPEN* 4,262,997 photos, 116,031 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 388,577 photos, 15,773 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 67,283 photos, 4,795 members
- C.A.F.E. 117 photos, 1,690 members
- night on earth... 52,504 photos, 3,611 members
- Machined 2,246 photos, 339 members
- FlickrCentral 9,431,712 photos, 259,521 members
- Cross Processing - FILM ONLY 198,566 photos, 19,637 members
- Experimentos - Experiments 4,538 photos, 365 members
- Mixer Trucks & Related Equipment 4,224 photos, 282 members
- difference & repetition 7,586 photos, 771 members
- I Shot My Macro This Way .... Please post the gear you used!!!!! 22,490 photos, 1,855 members
- You can't take pictures here! 11,999 photos, 2,303 members
- Old Buildings & More..... 92,038 photos, 3,312 members
- Black and White 6,878,635 photos, 349,434 members
- Classic cameras (pre-80s)... 67,289 photos, 1,505 members
- Black and White Film 549,422 photos, 13,307 members
- Camera Kudos 20,845 photos, 967 members
- Large Format 73,547 photos, 15,031 members
- Allow Member to Post One Photo(s) Ever 144 photos, 292 members
- Rural Decay 229,584 photos, 44,720 members
- .around.the.corner. 1,367 photos, 78 members
- 35mm Sprocket Holes 22,741 photos, 3,247 members
- analog 428,362 photos, 6,580 members
- Grain is Good 433,912 photos, 15,654 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 204,706 photos, 19,699 members
- Medium Format (120/220 film only) 815,299 photos, 34,618 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 364,240 photos, 24,463 members
- LOMO 223,840 photos, 38,250 members
- Inanimate Affairs 1,640 photos, 359 members
- graflex 14,365 photos, 1,977 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 393,060 photos, 10,814 members
- black white contrast 27,243 photos, 948 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 103,363 photos, 5,198 members
- low-fi 67,457 photos, 1,851 members
- Toy Cameras 298,123 photos, 25,855 members
- Holga 251,954 photos, 19,368 members
- HOLGA&LOMO 173,875 photos, 6,733 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 47,479 photos, 8,077 members
- If These Walls Could Talk... 43,953 photos, 2,106 members
- Beginner to Intermediate Photography 366,624 photos, 10,273 members
- Analog Photography 2,147,311 photos, 48,210 members
- Photoshop Discussion 3,310 photos, 426 members
- canon film photography 206,088 photos, 11,203 members
- 2 Minute Photoshop Tricks 1,658 photos, 1,419 members
- Tilt Shift 35,750 photos, 4,874 members
"Because of Haydnseek, I was compelled yesterday to prune my photostream!
He has established and maintained technical and artistic standards that I admire and to which I aspire. His shots of Lancaster capture what is special about the community and often make me homesick.
I anticipate his newest contributions when I log on every morning, and look forward to observing his development as a photographer."
February 12th, 2006
"I can't help but love the photos of a fellow train person. Bill has an eye for neat structures and really brings Lancaster to life in his photos. Whenever I'm missing Pennsylvania (which is far too often) I know I can come to his photos and see the beauty of my home state."
January 21st, 2006
Ali Brohi says:
"The Lancaster Wanderer (in a very positive way *grin*) with a 600mm on his shoulder is nothing short of a perfect example of “A Student of Life”. Energy to learn and appreciate keeps pouring outta Bill and he proves it in every single shot of his. His versatility in imagery is quite fascinating and gives you a true taste of his locality and his ambition to go far & beyond in photography…
I’m a special fan of his railroad stuff :D"
November 13th, 2005
Riot Sauce says:
"Haydnseek draws you into his world of Lancaster PA through the back door. You won't find many pictures of haystacks or horse-drawn buggies in his photostream - you're more likely to find a penetrating and intimate look at railroad yards, industrial sites, and out of the way corners, hauntingly illuminated.
Haydnseek is one of my favorite contacts, and a flickr (and probably real-life) contemporary. His photostream is one of the first I check for new work - it's a journey of discovery and development as a photographer and artist, in progress. I relate to it and appreciate what he's working for. I don't know this for certain, but I suspect we're both hungry for mastery of the technical aspects of photography so we can get on with the business of saying something the way we want to. I'm not sure that he knows how well he's already succeeding at that. Taken as a whole, Haydnseek's body of work speaks to us in his unique voice, and it draws you in, and invites you to stay.
I'm excited to see that Haydnseek has started including people in his landscape, and look forward to seeing him continue to unravel the mysteries of Lancaster County through his lens."
November 11th, 2005
Snow Kisses Sky says:
"For the past few months, Haydnseek has alrady uploaded many amazing pictures. As one of his regular contacts, I also got many useful advices and comments from him.
Haydn's photography and photoshop skills are getting better and better, and the improvement will definitely keep going...
Keep posting, Haydn, let's improve together.
Ben, from misty Beijing"
October 25th, 2005
"One of my best Flickr buds! Haydnseek has a real desire to learn and achieve more in photography -- watch as he captures more of the gritty, muted sides of industrial and rural Lancaster county. But if you are expecting only that -- he will surprise you!"
October 7th, 2005
- Bill Ohl
- July 2005
- Boston, MA
- I am:
- Male and Taken