Feel free to visit my Collections.
Here is the explanation for the coffee cup on my head.
I am a Brain Aneurysm Survivor! Another image with data can be found here.
Read here for the odds.
Additional information about the Brain Aneurysm Foundation and the Titanium Chip in my head was posted on July 2, 2008 here.
Brain Injury Support Link can be found here.
javame's Most Interesting Photos on Flickriver
This website is worth
What is your website worth?
Update: Arpil 25, 2009. I have not been cleared to operate my car yet. My M.D. rose her eyebrows when I expressed interest in riding my Harley. Clearance was given to do so. I ride mine while a friend rides theirs with me. Sometimes I pack a passenger but rarely. I carry the route with me to/from destinations when I ride. But I've only ridden about 6 times. Looking forward to more riding this summer.
It's been over 2 years now since my brain aneurysm surgery. I still get some of the time-lines off.
This was my old description: I take photos (prolificly, sometimes,) because I fear one day that I may go blind. So I will have these memories and your images to cherish. Things have changed drastically since my brain surgery early 2007 for an aneurysm!
I am a reitred aeronautical radio operator. I assisted the FAA working HF/VHF radio communications taking aircraft progress reports as they flew across the ocean through Russia, to the Phillipines and Orient, to Australia, and more! I've been doing that since 1981 with a 4 year hiatus after I got out of the military.)
July 24, 2007 My fears almost came true! Beginning around December, 2006, I started having periodic sudden sharp pains behind my right eye. I would then lose my vision from 6-10 seconds. In January, 2007, I had an MRI performed on my brain. They found an aneurysm on the blood vessel attached to my right eye. Brain surgery was performed (I don't remember when - I think in March, 2007), to "tie off/snip" the aneurysm. Blood leakage was found when they performed the surgery.
I have been in recuperation since .. often feeling like I've awakened in a parallel universe. (Remember Twilight Zone?) C'est la vie ... One day at a time.
I truly appreciate the help of my friends since the majority of my family lives halfway across the states. And I appreciate the wonderful comments, and emails, from my flickr family ~ the long time contacts and the new ones! (You're the best!)
All rights reserved. Photos are copyright © Cecelia Hill. Some photos may display a "digimarc" signature.
I love to ride my HARLEY-DAVIDSON, take photos, and read science fiction.
After seeing so many images on flickr it is obvious I have a heck of alot to learn.
Nikon D200 (acquired 3/2006)
Panasonic Lumix One I've been using the most lately.
Minolta Dimage S404 - SOLD. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc. ceased the camera business on March 31, 2006. Some photos posted from this camera.
Olympus OM-2, OM-2N 35mm
LENSES for Nikon D200-
80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED AF VR Zoom-Nikkor
35-70mm f/2.8D AF Zoom-Nikkor
105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor
Nikon SB-800 AF Speedlight
R1C1 macro flash kit
DR-6 Rectangular Right Angle Viewfinder
Manfrotto 3001 055 Pro Tripod
222 Joystick Head
303PLUS Pano head
- GREAT PANOS 28,905 photos, 3,243 members
- Photos from Supporters of TAAF 751 photos, 12 members
- Hill House Museum in Lodi, CA 53 photos, 2 members
- ◇Group with Ҽxperience◆ 2,834,176 photos, 338,802 members
- Composition Dolls 856 photos, 77 members
- NIKON D200 USERS 57,957 photos, 2,384 members
- Bridges Across 48,157 photos, 5,246 members
- Railroad Graffiti 14,582 photos, 188 members
- Railroad Bridges 17,881 photos, 1,934 members
- Micke Grove Regional Park 206 photos, 2 members
- California Zoos & Aquariums 7,133 photos, 331 members
- A Plethora of Fish Facsimiles 4,508 photos, 368 members
- Magnolia Historic Preservation District, Stockton CA 25 photos, 37 members
- **Cool Shot** - P1/A4 - NO PEOPLE - 95,348 photos, 4,719 members
- MyLife MyStory 31,912 photos, 1,599 members
- think-extract 1,451 photos, 60 members
- Very Impressive Photo ( Admin Invite ) 1,367 photos, 468 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 48,685 photos, 4,093 members
- On The Map! 922 photos, 87 members
- Manteca, Stockton, and Lodi. Heck, all of San Joaquin county. 117 photos, 17 members
- San Joaquin County 736 photos, 8 members
- Cedrus Eternum (Admin Invite) 50+F 1,095 photos, 435 members
- Stanislaus County, California 1,542 photos, 72 members
- The Lay's® Happiness Exhibit 12,678 photos, 5,798 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,130,097 photos, 74,998 members
- Lodi 1,588 photos, 130 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,618 photos, 5,118 members
- Manfrotto Official 39,377 photos, 2,437 members
- Histoires d'Ô 5,372 photos, 396 members
- ~The Rainbow Spectrum~ 5,832 photos, 766 members
- Obsolete/No Longer Used 83 photos, 66 members
- Fog at night 2,633 photos, 837 members
- Fabulous Fog 20,877 photos, 3,621 members
- Top of the fog (> 20 faves) 5,062 photos, 1,625 members
- BAN !!! 1,106 photos, 209 members
- One Of A Kind 709,534 photos, 20,981 members
- Tractor and more - join + comment please ! 12,475 photos, 864 members
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art 342 photos, 52 members
- INACTIVE 404 2,627 photos, 287 members
- The Garden Gnome Award Group 6,393 photos, 576 members
- All The Above[Contests] POST 9,018 photos, 1,718 members
- -The Cafe- 855,513 photos, 25,331 members
- Urbanjunglism - Urban jungle minimalism 4,222 photos, 849 members
- Flickr Community (INVITE ALL CONTACTS) 1,106,323 photos, 43,122 members
- Panoramic Washington 346 photos, 29 members
- Picture Fantastic 31,674 photos, 3,912 members
- Chain Link Fences 1,022 photos, 165 members
- red + rust 5,279 photos, 501 members
- Harley-Davidson 6,842 photos, 577 members
- ***ButterGarden*** 10,828 photos, 820 members
"Javame, your photos are awesome. You're able to capture the essence of the subject leaving the viewer in awe and breathless in the moment. I think your photos are worthy of an exhibition. You need to be discovered.
On the other hand, I'd better keep you a secret or else your photos will become WAAAAAYYYY too expensive for my gallery.
You go girl!"
July 5th, 2006
capitol gal says:
"I spend a lot of time looking at images of state capitol buildings for my own hobby website. Javame's interior shots especially of the capitol in Sacramento are wonderful! Knowing they would make a fantastic addition to my website, I asked javame if I could use them (with certain stipulations) and permission was kindly granted. Images posted on my site are only used with owners' consent. Besides the links by the images to the sources, I also give full credit on my "Credits" page. This is the home page:
In the very near future, you should be able to find several of javame's images on the Favorites, Intriguing Interiors page. I know I'm looking forward to their addition.
Thanks again, javame!
State Capitol Nut"
April 29th, 2006
- March 2006
- Texas, then Hawaii, and now California USA
- I am:
- Medically Retired Aeronautical Radio Operator
- Brain Aneurysm Survivor