Feel free to visit my Collections.
Here is the explanation for the coffee cup on my head.
I am a Brain Aneurysm Survivor! Another image with data can be found here.
Read here for the odds.
Additional information about the Brain Aneurysm Foundation and the Titanium Chip in my head was posted on July 2, 2008 here.
Brain Injury Support Link can be found here.
javame's Most Interesting Photos on Flickriver
This website is worthWhat is your website worth?
Update: Arpil 25, 2009. I have not been cleared to operate my car yet. My M.D. rose her eyebrows when I expressed interest in riding my Harley. Clearance was given to do so. I ride mine while a friend rides theirs with me. Sometimes I pack a passenger but rarely. I carry the route with me to/from destinations when I ride. But I've only ridden about 6 times. Looking forward to more riding this summer.
It's been over 2 years now since my brain aneurysm surgery. I still get some of the time-lines off.
This was my old description: I take photos (prolificly, sometimes,) because I fear one day that I may go blind. So I will have these memories and your images to cherish. Things have changed drastically since my brain surgery early 2007 for an aneurysm!
I am a reitred aeronautical radio operator. I assisted the FAA working HF/VHF radio communications taking aircraft progress reports as they flew across the ocean through Russia, to the Phillipines and Orient, to Australia, and more! I've been doing that since 1981 with a 4 year hiatus after I got out of the military.)
July 24, 2007 My fears almost came true! Beginning around December, 2006, I started having periodic sudden sharp pains behind my right eye. I would then lose my vision from 6-10 seconds. In January, 2007, I had an MRI performed on my brain. They found an aneurysm on the blood vessel attached to my right eye. Brain surgery was performed (I don't remember when - I think in March, 2007), to "tie off/snip" the aneurysm. Blood leakage was found when they performed the surgery.
I have been in recuperation since .. often feeling like I've awakened in a parallel universe. (Remember Twilight Zone?) C'est la vie ... One day at a time.
I truly appreciate the help of my friends since the majority of my family lives halfway across the states. And I appreciate the wonderful comments, and emails, from my flickr family ~ the long time contacts and the new ones! (You're the best!)
All rights reserved. Photos are copyright © Cecelia Hill. Some photos may display a "digimarc" signature.
I love to ride my HARLEY-DAVIDSON, take photos, and read science fiction.
After seeing so many images on flickr it is obvious I have a heck of alot to learn.
Nikon D200 (acquired 3/2006)
Panasonic Lumix One I've been using the most lately.
Minolta Dimage S404 - SOLD. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc. ceased the camera business on March 31, 2006. Some photos posted from this camera.
Olympus OM-2, OM-2N 35mm
LENSES for Nikon D200-
80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED AF VR Zoom-Nikkor
35-70mm f/2.8D AF Zoom-Nikkor
105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor
Nikon SB-800 AF Speedlight
R1C1 macro flash kit
DR-6 Rectangular Right Angle Viewfinder
Manfrotto 3001 055 Pro Tripod
222 Joystick Head
303PLUS Pano head
- GREAT PANOS 51,484 photos, 3,588 members
- Photos from Supporters of TAAF 751 photos, 12 members
- Hill House Museum in Lodi, CA 54 photos, 2 members
- ｡˚ ◢Group wi†h Ҽxperience◣º° 3,449,802 photos, 446,541 members
- Composition Dolls 1,017 photos, 89 members
- NIKON D200 USERS 64,387 photos, 2,580 members
- Bridges Across 56,241 photos, 5,752 members
- Railroad Graffiti 16,177 photos, 221 members
- Railroad Bridges 20,784 photos, 2,013 members
- Micke Grove Regional Park 206 photos, 3 members
- California Zoos & Aquariums 9,300 photos, 347 members
- A Plethora of Fish Facsimiles 4,498 photos, 372 members
- Magnolia Historic Preservation District, Stockton CA 25 photos, 40 members
- **Cool Shot** - P1/A4 - NO PEOPLE - 119,324 photos, 5,079 members
- MyLife MyStory 33,269 photos, 1,600 members
- think-extract 1,743 photos, 63 members
- Very Impressive Photo ( Admin Invite ) 1,620 photos, 491 members
- Skancheli (BlackandWhite Only) 71,423 photos, 5,925 members
- On The Map! 974 photos, 89 members
- Manteca, Stockton, and Lodi. Heck, all of San Joaquin county. 123 photos, 19 members
- San Joaquin County 902 photos, 10 members
- Cedrus Eternum (Admin Invite) 50+F 1,145 photos, 433 members
- Stanislaus County, California 1,546 photos, 76 members
- The Lay's® Happiness Exhibit 12,621 photos, 5,775 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,188,652 photos, 76,746 members
- Lodi 2,057 photos, 139 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 40,999 photos, 5,108 members
- Manfrotto Official 57,916 photos, 2,652 members
- Histoires d'Ô 5,954 photos, 431 members
- The Rainbow Spectrum 6,316 photos, 846 members
- Obsolete/No Longer Used 100 photos, 66 members
- Fog at night 3,233 photos, 1,012 members
- Fabulous Fog 29,176 photos, 4,509 members
- Top of the fog (> 20 faves) 6,060 photos, 1,762 members
- BAN !!! 1,354 photos, 213 members
- One Of A Kind 785,372 photos, 21,457 members
- Tractor and more - join + comment please ! 17,888 photos, 1,014 members
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art 353 photos, 54 members
- INACTIVE 404 2,591 photos, 282 members
- The Garden Gnome Award Group 6,652 photos, 572 members
- All The Above[Contests] POST 8,858 photos, 1,702 members
- -The Cafe- 1,029,810 photos, 26,357 members
- Urbanjunglism - Urban jungle minimalism 4,189 photos, 917 members
- Flickr Community (INVITE ALL CONTACTS) 1,335,728 photos, 44,344 members
- Panoramic Washington 420 photos, 36 members
- Picture Fantastic 47,550 photos, 4,088 members
- Chain Link Fences 1,551 photos, 207 members
- red + rust 5,672 photos, 509 members
- Harley-Davidson 7,838 photos, 800 members
- ***ButterGarden*** 12,137 photos, 835 members
"Javame, your photos are awesome. You're able to capture the essence of the subject leaving the viewer in awe and breathless in the moment. I think your photos are worthy of an exhibition. You need to be discovered.
On the other hand, I'd better keep you a secret or else your photos will become WAAAAAYYYY too expensive for my gallery.
You go girl!"
July 5th, 2006
capitol gal says:
"I spend a lot of time looking at images of state capitol buildings for my own hobby website. Javame's interior shots especially of the capitol in Sacramento are wonderful! Knowing they would make a fantastic addition to my website, I asked javame if I could use them (with certain stipulations) and permission was kindly granted. Images posted on my site are only used with owners' consent. Besides the links by the images to the sources, I also give full credit on my "Credits" page. This is the home page:
In the very near future, you should be able to find several of javame's images on the Favorites, Intriguing Interiors page. I know I'm looking forward to their addition.
Thanks again, javame!
State Capitol Nut"
April 29th, 2006
- March 2006
- Texas, then Hawaii, and now California USA
- I am:
- Medically Retired Aeronautical Radio Operator
- Brain Aneurysm Survivor