Feel free to visit my Collections.
Here is the explanation for the coffee cup on my head.
I am a Brain Aneurysm Survivor! Another image with data can be found here.
Read here for the odds.
Additional information about the Brain Aneurysm Foundation and the Titanium Chip in my head was posted on July 2, 2008 here.
Brain Injury Support Link can be found here.
javame's Most Interesting Photos on Flickriver
This website is worth
What is your website worth?
Update: Arpil 25, 2009. I have not been cleared to operate my car yet. My M.D. rose her eyebrows when I expressed interest in riding my Harley. Clearance was given to do so. I ride mine while a friend rides theirs with me. Sometimes I pack a passenger but rarely. I carry the route with me to/from destinations when I ride. But I've only ridden about 6 times. Looking forward to more riding this summer.
It's been over 2 years now since my brain aneurysm surgery. I still get some of the time-lines off.
This was my old description: I take photos (prolificly, sometimes,) because I fear one day that I may go blind. So I will have these memories and your images to cherish. Things have changed drastically since my brain surgery early 2007 for an aneurysm!
I am a reitred aeronautical radio operator. I assisted the FAA working HF/VHF radio communications taking aircraft progress reports as they flew across the ocean through Russia, to the Phillipines and Orient, to Australia, and more! I've been doing that since 1981 with a 4 year hiatus after I got out of the military.)
July 24, 2007 My fears almost came true! Beginning around December, 2006, I started having periodic sudden sharp pains behind my right eye. I would then lose my vision from 6-10 seconds. In January, 2007, I had an MRI performed on my brain. They found an aneurysm on the blood vessel attached to my right eye. Brain surgery was performed (I don't remember when - I think in March, 2007), to "tie off/snip" the aneurysm. Blood leakage was found when they performed the surgery.
I have been in recuperation since .. often feeling like I've awakened in a parallel universe. (Remember Twilight Zone?) C'est la vie ... One day at a time.
I truly appreciate the help of my friends since the majority of my family lives halfway across the states. And I appreciate the wonderful comments, and emails, from my flickr family ~ the long time contacts and the new ones! (You're the best!)
All rights reserved. Photos are copyright © Cecelia Hill. Some photos may display a "digimarc" signature.
I love to ride my HARLEY-DAVIDSON, take photos, and read science fiction.
After seeing so many images on flickr it is obvious I have a heck of alot to learn.
Nikon D200 (acquired 3/2006)
Panasonic Lumix One I've been using the most lately.
Minolta Dimage S404 - SOLD. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc. ceased the camera business on March 31, 2006. Some photos posted from this camera.
Olympus OM-2, OM-2N 35mm
LENSES for Nikon D200-
80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED AF VR Zoom-Nikkor
35-70mm f/2.8D AF Zoom-Nikkor
105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor
Nikon SB-800 AF Speedlight
R1C1 macro flash kit
DR-6 Rectangular Right Angle Viewfinder
Manfrotto 3001 055 Pro Tripod
222 Joystick Head
303PLUS Pano head
- GREAT PANOS 19,918 photos, 3,002 members
- Photos from Supporters of TAAF 751 photos, 12 members
- Hill House Museum in Lodi, CA 53 photos, 2 members
- Group wi†h Ҽxperience 2,475,879 photos, 288,948 members
- Composition Dolls 754 photos, 66 members
- NIKON D200 USERS 55,764 photos, 2,294 members
- Bridges Across 44,490 photos, 5,009 members
- Railroad Graffiti 14,202 photos, 171 members
- Railroad Bridges 16,884 photos, 1,901 members
- Micke Grove Regional Park 206 photos, 2 members
- California Zoos & Aquariums 6,492 photos, 318 members
- A Plethora of Fish Facsimiles 4,504 photos, 363 members
- Magnolia Historic Preservation District, Stockton CA 25 photos, 37 members
- **Cool Shot** - P1/A4 - NO PEOPLE - 87,558 photos, 4,566 members
- MyLife MyStory 31,050 photos, 1,595 members
- think-extract 1,332 photos, 60 members
- Very Impressive Photo ( Admin Invite ) 1,328 photos, 467 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 37,020 photos, 3,230 members
- On The Map! 914 photos, 86 members
- Manteca, Stockton, and Lodi. Heck, all of San Joaquin county. 102 photos, 16 members
- San Joaquin County 664 photos, 8 members
- Cedrus Eternum (Admin Invite) 50+F 1,095 photos, 438 members
- Stanislaus County, California 1,568 photos, 72 members
- The Lay's® Happiness Exhibit 12,696 photos, 5,805 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,178,068 photos, 74,659 members
- Lodi 1,393 photos, 128 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 42,030 photos, 5,133 members
- Manfrotto Official 31,901 photos, 2,339 members
- Histoires d'Ô 5,112 photos, 395 members
- ~The Rainbow Spectrum~ 5,817 photos, 756 members
- Obsolete/No Longer Used 83 photos, 66 members
- Fog at night 2,421 photos, 796 members
- Fabulous Fog 18,798 photos, 3,359 members
- Top of the fog (> 20 faves) 4,841 photos, 1,586 members
- BAN !!! 1,029 photos, 208 members
- One Of A Kind 682,387 photos, 20,739 members
- Tractor and more - join + comment please ! 10,860 photos, 805 members
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art 342 photos, 50 members
- INACTIVE 404 2,639 photos, 289 members
- The Garden Gnome Award Group 6,365 photos, 581 members
- All The Above[Contests] POST 8,996 photos, 1,724 members
- -The Cafe- 779,719 photos, 24,775 members
- Urbanjunglism - Urban jungle minimalism 4,190 photos, 796 members
- Flickr Community (INVITE ALL CONTACTS) 1,000,565 photos, 42,299 members
- Panoramic Washington 326 photos, 26 members
- Picture Fantastic 26,870 photos, 3,854 members
- Chain Link Fences 893 photos, 151 members
- red + rust 5,116 photos, 495 members
- Harley-Davidson 6,064 photos, 441 members
- ***ButterGarden*** 10,349 photos, 818 members
"Javame, your photos are awesome. You're able to capture the essence of the subject leaving the viewer in awe and breathless in the moment. I think your photos are worthy of an exhibition. You need to be discovered.
On the other hand, I'd better keep you a secret or else your photos will become WAAAAAYYYY too expensive for my gallery.
You go girl!"
July 5th, 2006
capitol gal says:
"I spend a lot of time looking at images of state capitol buildings for my own hobby website. Javame's interior shots especially of the capitol in Sacramento are wonderful! Knowing they would make a fantastic addition to my website, I asked javame if I could use them (with certain stipulations) and permission was kindly granted. Images posted on my site are only used with owners' consent. Besides the links by the images to the sources, I also give full credit on my "Credits" page. This is the home page:
In the very near future, you should be able to find several of javame's images on the Favorites, Intriguing Interiors page. I know I'm looking forward to their addition.
Thanks again, javame!
State Capitol Nut"
April 29th, 2006
- March 2006
- Texas, then Hawaii, and now California USA
- I am:
- Medically Retired Aeronautical Radio Operator
- Brain Aneurysm Survivor