Feel free to visit my Collections.
Here is the explanation for the coffee cup on my head.
I am a Brain Aneurysm Survivor! Another image with data can be found here.
Read here for the odds.
Additional information about the Brain Aneurysm Foundation and the Titanium Chip in my head was posted on July 2, 2008 here.
Brain Injury Support Link can be found here.
javame's Most Interesting Photos on Flickriver
This website is worth
What is your website worth?
Update: Arpil 25, 2009. I have not been cleared to operate my car yet. My M.D. rose her eyebrows when I expressed interest in riding my Harley. Clearance was given to do so. I ride mine while a friend rides theirs with me. Sometimes I pack a passenger but rarely. I carry the route with me to/from destinations when I ride. But I've only ridden about 6 times. Looking forward to more riding this summer.
It's been over 2 years now since my brain aneurysm surgery. I still get some of the time-lines off.
This was my old description: I take photos (prolificly, sometimes,) because I fear one day that I may go blind. So I will have these memories and your images to cherish. Things have changed drastically since my brain surgery early 2007 for an aneurysm!
I am a reitred aeronautical radio operator. I assisted the FAA working HF/VHF radio communications taking aircraft progress reports as they flew across the ocean through Russia, to the Phillipines and Orient, to Australia, and more! I've been doing that since 1981 with a 4 year hiatus after I got out of the military.)
July 24, 2007 My fears almost came true! Beginning around December, 2006, I started having periodic sudden sharp pains behind my right eye. I would then lose my vision from 6-10 seconds. In January, 2007, I had an MRI performed on my brain. They found an aneurysm on the blood vessel attached to my right eye. Brain surgery was performed (I don't remember when - I think in March, 2007), to "tie off/snip" the aneurysm. Blood leakage was found when they performed the surgery.
I have been in recuperation since .. often feeling like I've awakened in a parallel universe. (Remember Twilight Zone?) C'est la vie ... One day at a time.
I truly appreciate the help of my friends since the majority of my family lives halfway across the states. And I appreciate the wonderful comments, and emails, from my flickr family ~ the long time contacts and the new ones! (You're the best!)
All rights reserved. Photos are copyright © Cecelia Hill. Some photos may display a "digimarc" signature.
I love to ride my HARLEY-DAVIDSON, take photos, and read science fiction.
After seeing so many images on flickr it is obvious I have a heck of alot to learn.
Nikon D200 (acquired 3/2006)
Panasonic Lumix One I've been using the most lately.
Minolta Dimage S404 - SOLD. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc. ceased the camera business on March 31, 2006. Some photos posted from this camera.
Olympus OM-2, OM-2N 35mm
LENSES for Nikon D200-
80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED AF VR Zoom-Nikkor
35-70mm f/2.8D AF Zoom-Nikkor
105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor
Nikon SB-800 AF Speedlight
R1C1 macro flash kit
DR-6 Rectangular Right Angle Viewfinder
Manfrotto 3001 055 Pro Tripod
222 Joystick Head
303PLUS Pano head
- Photos from Supporters of TAAF 751 photos, 12 members
- Hill House Museum in Lodi, CA 53 photos, 1 member
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,903,725 photos, 246,111 members
- Composition Dolls 513 photos, 43 members
- NIKON D200 USERS 54,180 photos, 2,140 members
- Bridges Across 38,921 photos, 4,596 members
- Railroad Graffiti 12,292 photos, 146 members
- Railroad Bridges 15,237 photos, 1,835 members
- Micke Grove Regional Park 206 photos, 2 members
- California Zoos & Aquariums 4,351 photos, 298 members
- A Plethora of Fish Facsimiles 4,511 photos, 362 members
- Magnolia Historic Preservation District, Stockton CA 25 photos, 37 members
- **Cool Shot** - P1/A4 - NO PEOPLE - 73,274 photos, 4,284 members
- MyLife MyStory 28,773 photos, 1,602 members
- think-extract 1,220 photos, 61 members
- Very Impressive Photo ( Admin Invite ) 1,255 photos, 467 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 28,512 photos, 2,570 members
- On The Map! 904 photos, 86 members
- Manteca, Stockton, and Lodi. Heck, all of San Joaquin county. 90 photos, 13 members
- San Joaquin County 560 photos, 7 members
- Cedrus Eternum (Admin Invite) 50+F 1,071 photos, 449 members
- Stanislaus County, California 1,548 photos, 70 members
- The Lay's® Happiness Exhibit 12,759 photos, 5,839 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,166,462 photos, 73,876 members
- Lodi 1,089 photos, 112 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 42,815 photos, 5,212 members
- Manfrotto Official 23,047 photos, 2,165 members
- Histoires d'Ô 4,110 photos, 306 members
- ~The Rainbow Spectrum~ 5,710 photos, 747 members
- Obsolete/No Longer Used 80 photos, 66 members
- Fog at night 1,888 photos, 657 members
- Fabulous Fog 13,539 photos, 2,511 members
- Top of the fog (> 20 faves) 4,312 photos, 1,503 members
- BAN !!! 869 photos, 209 members
- One Of A Kind 641,193 photos, 20,404 members
- Tractor and more - join + comment please ! 8,471 photos, 726 members
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art 336 photos, 48 members
- INACTIVE 404 2,673 photos, 300 members
- The Garden Gnome Award Group 6,523 photos, 578 members
- All The Above[Contests] POST 9,017 photos, 1,748 members
- -The Cafe- 661,529 photos, 23,741 members
- Urbanjunglism - Urban jungle minimalism 4,061 photos, 742 members
- Flickr Community (INVITE ALL CONTACTS) 848,390 photos, 40,883 members
- Panoramic Washington 268 photos, 26 members
- Picture Fantastic 22,789 photos, 3,812 members
- Chain Link Fences 702 photos, 140 members
- red + rust 4,774 photos, 495 members
- Harley-Davidson 5,376 photos, 368 members
- *ButterGarden* SPRING FLING & AUTUMN FEST 9,560 photos, 799 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,192,373 photos, 76,440 members
"Javame, your photos are awesome. You're able to capture the essence of the subject leaving the viewer in awe and breathless in the moment. I think your photos are worthy of an exhibition. You need to be discovered.
On the other hand, I'd better keep you a secret or else your photos will become WAAAAAYYYY too expensive for my gallery.
You go girl!"
5th July, 2006
capitol gal says:
"I spend a lot of time looking at images of state capitol buildings for my own hobby website. Javame's interior shots especially of the capitol in Sacramento are wonderful! Knowing they would make a fantastic addition to my website, I asked javame if I could use them (with certain stipulations) and permission was kindly granted. Images posted on my site are only used with owners' consent. Besides the links by the images to the sources, I also give full credit on my "Credits" page. This is the home page:
In the very near future, you should be able to find several of javame's images on the Favorites, Intriguing Interiors page. I know I'm looking forward to their addition.
Thanks again, javame!
State Capitol Nut"
29th April, 2006
- March 2006
- Texas, then Hawaii, and now California USA
- I am:
- Medically Retired Aeronautical Radio Operator
- Brain Aneurysm Survivor