Legal notice to whom wants to use my photos:
Almost all my photographs are filed under the Creative-Commons License: Attribution (v3.0 is personally preferred). The copyright status of each photograph is available in its related Flickr page under the Additional Information tab. Using my photographs, you are supposed to attribute it to my full name in English (Hamed Saber) or Persian(حامد صابر) with a link back to my Flickr page (flickr.com/hamed).
FYI: The complete legal codes of CC can be found here and a simplified human readable! version is available here.
Hi, my name is Hamed and I count myself as an amateur photographer. I remember buying my first camera just in May 2006 after which I started learning the basic photography concepts by my own and with the must-know tips and tricks; so all my former photographs in my albums are taken by cameras which my kind friends let me borrow!
In September 2008, I bought my current camera which is a Nikon digital SLR, for taking photos of my recently born princess - Delaram.
At the same time, I became interested in scuba diving, and started shooting some underwater photos with cheap point & shoot cameras.
I didn't shoot any political or journal photographs before the 2009 Iranian presidential election and its aftermath.
In June 15, 3 days after the election, when I went to the demonstration with my camera and shoot some shots, it was my first experience of photojournalism.
After receiving hundreds of comments and feedback and thousands of visitors in a few hours, I decided to continue this job.
Next night, when I went to Vanak square for taking photos and shooting videos, I got arrested. Fortunately using the darkness I could hide my DSLR photo camera in a gutter. But since they arrested me while using my handy-cam, I couldn't do anything with it.
At early morning they let me go home, but without my handy-cam, my car and my identification cards.
I went back to the place and got my camera and went home.
At the day which I freed, I attended another demonstration and shoot some shots which relatively were better than my first experience.
Those photos were widely used in the media, including international TV news, web sites, newspapers and journals.
One of them even used as the of Spiegel magazine without my permission and without attributing the photo to me!
At one of these days, we have received a news that foreign press and specially photographers are prohibited in attending any demonstration or any other protest. So me and other amateur photographers were the only source for capturing these moments. This was the main reason for taking this task more serious and keep going it up.
I took more photos till I arrested for the 2nd time at June 28, which they grabbed (and didn't give it back) my underwater camera. (I was using my underwater camera because it was very smaller than my DSLR)
Regarding my photographs, please note that all your comments are welcome. I’ll be more than glad to hear from you... guiding me through the right steps involved, and helping me to improve my skills through your experiences.
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,025 photos, 18,501 members
- عكاسان جوان ايراني 896 photos, 122 members
- Iranian Architecture-معماری ایران 3,535 photos, 743 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,820,746 photos, 85,016 members
- Kish Island in Persian Gulf 773 photos, 111 members
- UNESCO's World Heritage in Iran 290 photos, 97 members
- Iran - ایران 28,961 photos, 1,628 members
- انجمن حمایت از محیط زیست / Safe Environment 2,179 photos, 408 members
- Iran 49,069 photos, 3,027 members
- Kandovan 58 photos, 29 members
- عکس هائی باتوضیحات فارسی 12,365 photos, 873 members
- *Khorasan* 2,856 photos, 435 members
- Jesus stories... 261 photos, 110 members
- Official National Geographic Group 1,278,049 photos, 28,381 members
- Ephemeral Folk Art 441 photos, 99 members
- Global Climate Change 5,810 photos, 1,310 members
- All Things About Persian Cultures & Persian Peoples 417 photos, 95 members
- Iran's explored photos 2,969 photos, 480 members
- YOUR PHOTO MEETS MINE!!!!! 18 photos, 230 members
- Shahrekord 94 photos, 36 members
- Critique me / من را نقد کنید 1,244 photos, 357 members
- Hormozgan-BandarAbbas 324 photos, 17 members
- Why Democracy? 1,151 photos, 101 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges -- 'Horizon' (new theme) 143,672 photos, 15,978 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 300,912 photos, 9,224 members
- Travel beyond words 15,122 photos, 944 members
- Streets of Iran 1,892 photos, 282 members
- اطلس تصویری ایران : Pictorial Atlas of Iran 6,643 photos, 821 members
- Bushehr group 1,000 photos, 106 members
- Ecotourism 1,265 photos, 142 members
- Bakhtiari 242 photos, 120 members
- *ISFAHAN* 9,134 photos, 975 members
- worldwidewandering - a travel atlas 578,395 photos, 7,568 members
- Cultural Boxes 88,580 photos, 2,782 members
- Iran Desert 147 photos, 44 members
- Mosques and Muslim Architecture ( Invite Your Contacts ) 15,266 photos, 2,344 members
- Temple Mount 808 photos, 115 members
- Iranian : Humanistic , Photojournalism , Documentary , Street 978 photos, 79 members
- City Life - Tehran 541 photos, 63 members
- Pasargad (Pasargadae) 132 photos, 67 members
- Sharif University Views 51 photos, 14 members
- Israel-Iran-Palestine 383 photos, 153 members
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites 153,282 photos, 6,490 members
- Iran (Persia) and Persian monuments 1,955 photos, 439 members
- DeleteMe! When is the funeral? 5 photos, 4,717 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 92,593 photos, 3,424 members
- Scuba Diving 77,700 photos, 3,937 members
- Diving 40,237 photos, 1,121 members
- FlickrCentral 9,433,241 photos, 256,652 members
- خاطرات 3 photos, 4 members
"I have known Hamed for several months on Flickr. He has a special gift for art, truth and friendship. I am blessed to know him. He has helped me to expand my view of the world and develop real friendship and connections within our human family. Thank you, Hamed."
December 26th, 2007
MOHSEN MaSoUmI says:
"one of kind people , one of best boss :D , one of friendly friends
and i miss you hamed"
December 2nd, 2007
"Hamed's enthusiasm for photography is inspiring. He has good eyes, great friends, and a bad camera. Don't let his craziness cloud your judgment and lead you to believe that he might be crazy: He is crazy!"
September 11th, 2007
"Thanks for sharing your country and it's beauty with us!"
July 13th, 2007
"Hamed is one of my best friends.
At first he was only a Virtual friend in Virtual world but today he is one of my best real friends .
I wish the best for him ..."
May 11th, 2007
"Kudos to Hamed Saber and to the internet community of flickr. We are entering a new paradigm where people can connect to other people, minds to minds and hearts to hearts. We can now transcend the limitations that governments would impose upon us and reach across the artificial borders of nationalism and make friends thereby creating a truly global community. People like Hamed, with his gift of an eye for beauty and truth, coupled with his humanity and humor, give us true insights into the lives of our "enemies". It is much harder to kill a man when you have seen into the beauty of his soul and you have seen the sparkle of his smiling eyes. It is difficult to drop bombs on families when you have seen how much they resemble your own family. Thank you Hamed for having me as a friend and thank you for your art."
April 8th, 2007
Kelly Cheng says:
"Hamed is a serious man. Not that he has no sense of humour, on the contrary, he can be very funny. He is an engineer, he plans, he is systematic and intelligent, a natural leader. He is kind, generous and honest. He does not like junk food, such as potato chips, unlike his friends. He likes things to be natural; he rather snacks on fruits and nuts and of course, everything made by Somayeh. Hamed and Somayeh would try to rise when the sun rises and take a walk at a park before going to work. Yes, he is serious about living, with a romantic heart, an idealistic vision and a progressive mind."
March 28th, 2007
"Hamed is so kind and caring, and has a great perspective on things. He manages to lighten me up and give me an angle I didn't really look at but is probably best for me to consider! He is also a great photographer that I look forward to getting to know more as we share our lives thru photos on Flickr. Thank you Hamed!!"
January 17th, 2007
my mailo says:
"He sees, with his eyes and touches all of the world's sightly.
He thinks and in his depth of his thought, we can observe the creating of beauties."
December 10th, 2006
Roozbeh Feiz says:
"Since my short acquaintance with him I have always wondered who he really is, beyond his name and beyond his skin. Although very active in social activities, I think he is one of those personalities not very easy to know deeply. He belongs to the kind that I can call a little bit complicated. A complexity, which may lead to his relative unpredictability.
Visible enough he is an ambitious person with high social motivations who has succeeded to gather colorful of people with different personalities together. Hamed is the essential part of our gatherings, a person without him our community could hardly shape and grow the way it is growing now. Thank you Hamed and continue your good efforts!"
September 6th, 2006
"Hamed Saber give me a true impression of Iran.
I love his shots."
July 31st, 2006
J Gilbert says:
"Hamed is a new photographer, but he has a fantastic eye and real skill with the camera. I look forward to seeing his next image because it's always something fresh and different."
June 14th, 2006
- Hamed Saber
- July 2004
- Tehran, Iran
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- President of a Software Company
- My Picasa Photo Album