If you have porn, i don't want to see it! Don't waste your energy or mine by adding me. Thanks!
"It is experience that feeds each photograph you make. The stimulus and influences of others and the world about you will influence your development; however, you must reach the point where you rise above the influences you've asorbed and go ahead on your own. the only way to pursue excellence is by yourself, and unless you train yourself, all you can do is imitate."
"Photography is a discipline that must be learned and practiced - one that takes incredible dedication and patience. But you must go beyond the technique of photography to become an artist. You can't rest on your laurels; you must continually cultivate self-knowledge and push yourself to attain artistic and personal integrity."
~ Joyce Wilson
Bodies: Beds Baths & Floors
Connect With Me:
- New York City 722,188 photos, 53,652 members
- Strobist.com 602,173 photos, 121,634 members
- Model Mayhem Flickr 42,725 photos, 5,034 members
- The Temporary Gallery 87 photos, 3,723 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 259,208 photos, 22,325 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 696,206 photos, 51,302 members
- Licensing Awareness Working (LAW) Group 0 photos, 1,297 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,239 photos, 17,772 members
- 1in7 - Your best shot of the week! 1,068 photos, 240 members
- Favorite Pictures 89,207 photos, 6,741 members
- FEMALE PORTRAIT 143,068 photos, 8,181 members
- cara a cara / FACE TO FACE 5,792 photos, 564 members
- LP Cover 780 photos, 188 members
- ONE WORD-Metaphor/Concept-ONE WORD 918 photos, 548 members
- "Look at me - closed for refurbishment" 29 photos, 590 members
- we <3 hoodies 336 photos, 221 members
- Man Ray Gallery 1 photo, 3,267 members
- 365 Days 987,170 photos, 21,636 members
- SDS (Tag your images) 438 photos, 588 members
- Stuck in Customs' Brilliant Cabal - My Cool and Clever Friends 112,635 photos, 4,074 members
- Canon EOS 30D 126,566 photos, 5,461 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-NEW Challenge "Divineness" 50,182 photos, 8,309 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 524,037 photos, 28,547 members
- Simple and minimalistic 131,703 photos, 7,082 members
- Detail Is Everything 7,013 photos, 358 members
- "Chez Moi" 2,260 photos, 331 members
- Body Language 142,457 photos, 10,491 members
- Power to the People: FREE BEER! 59 photos, 18 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 458,988 photos, 40,156 members
- Artistic Photography 3,178,762 photos, 101,680 members
- JEANS!!! 113 photos, 81 members
- Phenomenal Photos 4,074 photos, 486 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 65,213 photos, 2,226 members
- Natural Illumination 179,631 photos, 6,784 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,966 photos, 7,546 members
- "A" Class (Please,comment 2) / Pls, Comment immediately. 557,228 photos, 22,278 members
- Kris Kros Contacts 137,072 photos, 4,058 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 490,144 photos, 63,425 members
- Interestingness - Top 500 (READ THE RULES!) 35,043 photos, 4,389 members
- MONOTONE 83,772 photos, 2,849 members
- 43 Things 1,024 photos, 280 members
- Multiplicity 9,864 photos, 2,993 members
- °beautiful pix° 3,426 photos, 305 members
- TRAVEL Photography! 884,933 photos, 14,469 members
- Flickrholics Anonymous 58,400 photos, 853 members
- Only Sad 5,945 photos, 1,116 members
- BEST in B&W photography 340,561 photos, 13,510 members
- Art of Photography - The Eye of the Beholder! 181,456 photos, 6,159 members
- Black and White Maniacs (Please Comment on the Previous TWO) 58,388 photos, 5,640 members
- Clones 17,602 photos, 5,514 members
Sugar Cain says:
"This beautiful lady is one of my heroes in photography. She is amazingly talented. Simply briliant and I am thankful that she shares her talent with us!"
June 12th, 2008
"The best thing to say about HP's photo's should not be put into words, just take a look at her shots and let the art speak for itself."
December 22nd, 2007
"Dark and Delicious. She's got a style and approach all her own. The magic though, lies in the subtext of her images..."
October 18th, 2007
János Photographe says:
"I love you girl!!!"
August 30th, 2007
malik ml williams says:
"Laretta Houston is one of my photographic inspirations. There is nothing out of bounds, nothing off limits to her creative imagination. If fluffy bunnies, puppies and kittens are your idea of great art, then maybe this is not the place for you. If passion and energy and distortion and chaos and order and beauty and contrast and extremes move you, stay.
You will not be disappointed."
August 10th, 2007
"I have been a phtograpoher for over 10 plus years and love it
I would like to say I am in love with your work.
July 14th, 2007
we get all from this beautiful stream."
May 20th, 2007
Eirik Slyngstad says:
"Just wow, as her photostream always wows me when I enter. I really love your rare style. Your natural portraits look awesome! You have lots of creative concepts in your photostream. You should keep it up! :)"
May 15th, 2007
ronnie coleman says:
"Hey guys...this is my sister! And I am proud of you...GREAT photo and idea...mwah
JOYCE: ARTISTIC photo and I love it!"
April 22nd, 2007
"Ever since I came across Half Pinay on myspace I have always been in awe each and every time I seen new work of her's. I believe Half Pinay's style and skills are a true reflection of her own beauty and to me I'm overwhelmed & inspired to become a better photographer every time I visit her work. Thank you Half Pinay. GOD sure can create."
April 10th, 2007
"she's got that thing going... i don't know how to call it :-) very very creative person. always pushing forward... and she's pretty too, so we can't complain here, because she does lots of self-portraits, can we? every day we're looking forward to see her new pictures and read her comments attached to the images."
March 4th, 2007
Ketra Troiano says:
"She is one of my closest friends and confidant! If I weren't her friend, I'd still lust her work! She's a beast!"
February 5th, 2007
"LaFilipinaNegra (Half Pinay) photos are not only beautiful but are a expression of the American experience - some might say the human experience. Each image is a statement about life and a delight to see. Her eye is much like that of a painter, always showing us the world in a different and unexpected way. I really enjoy the quotes that follow many of her photos. They are very thoughtful and show a knowledge of philosophy, literature and the human mind. Only a few people poses this talent in my personal opinion. I wish her great success."
January 28th, 2007
"I just wanna say that she's one of the most talented Photographer i've seen on Flickr!
Every shot, a masterpiece!"
December 17th, 2006
dennis largo schulz says:
"It's Laretta's world!
There is an A, there is an R as well as T in the name.
ART describes it perfect.
I am not a man of many words if it comes to english...
but my heart is jumping when i browse her stream.
December 5th, 2006
"Great! amazing! Gorgeous!
Photos and texts are full of emotions, delicateness and strenght at the same time!
Your fotos are full of colors my dear! and i really love that!!! Maybe u are trying to color the world: great initiative lol.
Each visit on ur page is a release and an opening of hearts & eyes...
Ur universe is to be visited! really!!
November 26th, 2006
"Half Pinay has so much passion in her photography as it shows. Every time I click on to Flickr I head straight to Half Pinays gallery eagerly anticipating what other creative gems that she has installed for us, you are truly an inspiration to me & I am sure to a whole lot of other people.
You are unique in everyway. I strongly encourage you to persue this style of photography more seriously( professionally) as I have no doubt you will go along way. All the best."
October 10th, 2006
"Daring, Different, Impractical, HP asserts integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace and ordinary. HP takes you to a place far from the ordinary, sometimes using humor, other times pure beauty, but always bringing creativity. She uses the lens to show her desire and passion to express herself, to record the reactions of her personality and the world she lives in. An amazing talent! A must photographer to have on your contacts list! I have been captured by her photography, as I am sure you will be as well. Bravo Miss Half Pinay"
September 12th, 2006
"ah, HP... we're looking at a real artist... somone with a very big heart. your art is about absolutely everything but with the same single effect on us viewers... we are just in awe of your creations. you're a wonderful artist HP... a wonderful person... and a wonderful friend. hugs my dear :)"
August 18th, 2006
Flipped Out says:
"I always look forward to what's cooking in HP's photostream. There are always surprises ... one day, you are presented with these arresting sometimes disturbing but eventually beautifully insane photographs, then the next day, you'll find these hauntingly beautiful landscapes of rural Georgia. I am truly amazed at her talents, really major. I hope to see her works in a major gallery someday and collected by collectors."
August 11th, 2006
"Half Pinay is Half Woman and Half Girl.
She can be as solid as a mountain and as playful as a fairy.
Her art ranges from provocative vignettes to honest self portraits.
Her images are an extension of her soul.
She is not your ordinary lady, she is couture.
And she is not just a story, she is an epic.
Thank you, Laretta, for being a friend, an inspiration and a source of strength.
August 11th, 2006
"She is not "Half" at all, she is "Full" of surprises, humor and feelings.
An inspired soul, poet, photographer and muse gathered in a single person.
Irradiates passion and doesn't fear to express them in images and words."
July 29th, 2006
Magnolias forever says:
"ah, Half Pinay - ....... the queen, the fighter, the survivor...the ultimate woman. she is beautiful, sexy, sensual, warm, tough, intelligent, creative, full of poetry... but i wouldn't know all that if it weren't for her amazing photos by means of which she shares her beautiful soul with all of us. She is one of the first amazing photographers I found on Flickr and the one that kept me going and every time I was in doubt, it was because of her that I came back. Amazingly gifted, sensitive, intelligent photographer, and a friend who stood by me when the times were hard. I cannot describe in words how much she means to me. She is the light of Flickr. Because of people like her this place is so magical. Thank you, HP, thank you for everything. You rock!"
July 28th, 2006
Cliff Ramos says:
"Hmmm... Let's see... More than just a pretty face, but a good photographer and a great poet....Her visual speaks a thousand words and a million stories..."
July 17th, 2006
"I followed Half Pinay's lead and trailed into the Flicker Family. It's pretty amazing here. I've never had so much fun peeking at other people's photos. HP's pictures are intriguing, fun, a reality check- tinted in shades of sepia, seductive, and full of emotion. She is beautiful all-around, sweet, sensitive, poetic, caring, a great photographer and Mom. I admire your tenacity and will. Thank you for welcoming me into your world."
July 13th, 2006
Christy Bassman says:
"Half-Pinay's photos instantly evoke the colors, smells, textures, and memories of the deep south, capturing the beauty of southern gothic in the midst of forgotten and crumbling landscapes. Half-Pinay really sees people and the things around her. She should publish a book of her photos/art; I know I would buy the first copy."
July 13th, 2006
"Her photostream is full of warmth and emotions, and that leering sexiness of her body and soul surprises us every now and then. She has gone through hell and back and yes, I know she's getting stronger by the day. I'll see her in the Philippines and we'll paint the town, uhm, whatever color she wants."
July 13th, 2006
John Goldsmith says:
"HP's photos are emotional. As a new photographer, she has an incredibly sharp eye for composition. Furthermore, in my year on flickr, I have yet to see a person garner so much support in so little time. She might wear her emotions on her sleeve, but who ever said that it was a bad thing? Imagine a world where we all understood each other. Imagine if people really understood you. Imagine.
I have been a beneficiary of her kindness and a witness to her growing support and newfound greatness, and I am better off for it.
June 18th, 2006
- May 2006
- United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Photographer & Web Designer