Here, there and back again.
- Composition Patterns 111 photos, 307 members
- Wild silhouettes 5,591 photos, 1,006 members
- 110 photos, 71 members
- Light Sprites everywhere 74 photos, 12 members
- Black and White 6,835,058 photos, 357,593 members
- TOP PHOGRAPHY 2 photos, 5 members
- Flickr Games 895 photos, 480 members
- Geometric Beauty 213,791 photos, 12,043 members
- the good eye 11,783 photos, 192 members
- FlickrIcons 71 photos, 82 members
- Less Is More... 61,503 photos, 60,518 members
- Deep Space Imagineers (AKA Space Madness) 326 photos, 49 members
- Same Place - Different Time, Different Light 323 photos, 81 members
- Reflections 742,314 photos, 56,671 members
- Pareidolia 8,176 photos, 1,199 members
- Thermal Infrared Camera Images 281 photos, 83 members
- Seattle 182,967 photos, 8,612 members
- zen 82,466 photos, 4,339 members
- Window seat please 114,655 photos, 30,313 members
- Professional Spelling Mistakes 226 photos, 51 members
- Artefacts in print 7 photos, 3 members
- : abstract AND minimal : 62,498 photos, 2,252 members
- GUESS WHAT THIS IS 3,511 photos, 1,138 members
- Light and Lines, Licht en Lijnen. 2,871 photos, 97 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,479 photos, 3,142 members
- Pitch Blackground 736 photos, 126 members
- CATACORNER 1,019 photos, 144 members
- blackground 9,920 photos, 1,142 members
- Moviscrolliosis/ Images that appear to change as you scroll them 1,015 photos, 195 members
- My Favorite Line 19 photos, 35 members
- Misinterpreted Text 1,618 photos, 244 members
- Atoms 0 photos, 14 members
- Flickr Hacks 420 photos, 21,980 members
- Utata 464,484 photos, 28,344 members
- the FANTASTIC 3,721 photos, 382 members
- Luck 867 photos, 316 members
- FlickRandom 0 photos, 34 members
- 160 photos, 36 members
- Balance 1,494 photos, 601 members
- from BELOW - straight up 8,236 photos, 1,697 members
- Emergence 774 photos, 569 members
- Translations 398 photos, 289 members
- Tips for Recycling and Reusing 947 photos, 1,422 members
"Gustavo thinks, and Gustavo sees, and Gustavo thinks about what he sees… and HOW he sees. His images are beautiful and intelligent, playful and scholarly. It is a total pleasure, and very inspiring, to watch him stir the mixture everyday."
November 25th, 2007
jamie B says:
"Always helpful, forever honest in critique, and always present. Gustavo is part of what makes Flickr great. I appreciate him."
October 24th, 2005
Brian T Wright says:
"Gustavo and I have very little in common. He is intelligent and I am dumb as rocks. He loves numbers, statistics, sees order in chaos; I failed algebra twice and only pretend to calculate in my checkbook register. He is a photographer with an understanding of color, perspective and resolution; I cannot use a camera that does not have an Auto selection.
Yet, despite our differences, we have a friendship. It's because Gustavo bridges the gap, reaches out to me and offers a steady, helping hand. I suspect there are many others who can say the same about him. Many thanks, my friend."
August 26th, 2005
"Gustavo is part of a unique breed of photographer with a rare gift. The gift of a truly different perspective, and the ability to share that gift with us through his photographs."
July 28th, 2005
"Gustavo is one of those people who makes Flickr so special. While sure he takes a great picture, his commentary and insights are always interesting and thoughtful. He's one of my favorite folks in the flickrverse. I can't imagine this place without him."
April 30th, 2005
Mark Interrante says:
"Flickr is a new world of images and relationships and Gustavo is our first cartographer. We are quite lucky indeed. Just as maps are about patterns, his excellent photographs are full of fascinating patterns."
April 24th, 2005
"Gustavo draws order somehow of perceived chaos. Recently, I bought a used photography book from a store here near Emory University. In the book, the author discussed how JUST in 1971, the UK produced hundreds of millions of photos.
Now imagine today, how many digital photos are taken a day, how many e-mailed, how many uploaded to YAHOO, Flickr, HELLO, etc . . .
What are the large-scale implications of our digital photo memory?
I have no idea, but Gustavo probably does!"
March 15th, 2005
"GG is the master of emergence and the metaworld"
March 4th, 2005
Drift Words says:
"Although he's far too clever, he makes up for it by using his polymath powers for good."
March 4th, 2005
Broken Haiku says:
"This man surely has a lot to teach me when it comes to photography. His style seems to be summed up by shapes and striving for colour and motion and I'll be interested in following his developement."
March 3rd, 2005
"Thank you so much for your graphs. Keep pushing it ahead, we can all join you in the first true virtual space."
February 9th, 2005
"GustavoG, you are a phenomenal asset to Flickr, it's good to know you. And your pictures are good too :)"
January 10th, 2005
- October 2004