Here, there and back again.
- FlickrIcons 63 photos, 81 members
- Less Is More... 48,460 photos, 48,705 members
- Deep Space Imagineers (AKA Space Madness) 331 photos, 46 members
- Same Place - Different Time, Different Light 307 photos, 84 members
- Reflections 622,988 photos, 50,974 members
- Pareidolia 6,543 photos, 1,026 members
- Thermal Infrared Camera Images 216 photos, 58 members
- Seattle 168,069 photos, 8,199 members
- zen 72,044 photos, 4,163 members
- Window seat please 106,284 photos, 26,680 members
- Professional Spelling Mistakes 230 photos, 54 members
- Artefacts in print 7 photos, 3 members
- : abstract AND minimal : 25,066 photos, 1,116 members
- GUESS WHAT THIS IS 3,431 photos, 1,139 members
- Light and Lines, Licht en Lijnen. 1,128 photos, 68 members
- Abstract Photos 119,060 photos, 19,056 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,087 photos, 2,308 members
- Selected minimum 5,760 photos, 891 members
- Pitch Blackground 423 photos, 87 members
- CATACORNER 1,018 photos, 147 members
- blackground 10,164 photos, 1,148 members
- Moviscrolliosis/ Images that appear to change as you scroll them 1,008 photos, 199 members
- My Favorite Line 18 photos, 34 members
- Misinterpreted Text 1,463 photos, 238 members
- Atoms 0 photos, 14 members
- Flickr Hacks 439 photos, 20,347 members
- Utata 445,511 photos, 26,128 members
- the FANTASTIC 2,972 photos, 383 members
- Luck 878 photos, 312 members
- FlickRandom 0 photos, 31 members
- 160 photos, 37 members
- Balance 1,428 photos, 557 members
- from BELOW - straight up 7,772 photos, 1,628 members
- Emergence 765 photos, 589 members
- Translations 392 photos, 282 members
- Tips for Recycling and Reusing 933 photos, 1,428 members
"Gustavo thinks, and Gustavo sees, and Gustavo thinks about what he sees… and HOW he sees. His images are beautiful and intelligent, playful and scholarly. It is a total pleasure, and very inspiring, to watch him stir the mixture everyday."
November 25th, 2007
jamie B says:
"Always helpful, forever honest in critique, and always present. Gustavo is part of what makes Flickr great. I appreciate him."
October 24th, 2005
Brian T Wright says:
"Gustavo and I have very little in common. He is intelligent and I am dumb as rocks. He loves numbers, statistics, sees order in chaos; I failed algebra twice and only pretend to calculate in my checkbook register. He is a photographer with an understanding of color, perspective and resolution; I cannot use a camera that does not have an Auto selection.
Yet, despite our differences, we have a friendship. It's because Gustavo bridges the gap, reaches out to me and offers a steady, helping hand. I suspect there are many others who can say the same about him. Many thanks, my friend."
August 26th, 2005
"Gustavo is part of a unique breed of photographer with a rare gift. The gift of a truly different perspective, and the ability to share that gift with us through his photographs."
July 28th, 2005
"Gustavo is one of those people who makes Flickr so special. While sure he takes a great picture, his commentary and insights are always interesting and thoughtful. He's one of my favorite folks in the flickrverse. I can't imagine this place without him."
April 30th, 2005
Mark Interrante says:
"Flickr is a new world of images and relationships and Gustavo is our first cartographer. We are quite lucky indeed. Just as maps are about patterns, his excellent photographs are full of fascinating patterns."
April 24th, 2005
"Gustavo draws order somehow of perceived chaos. Recently, I bought a used photography book from a store here near Emory University. In the book, the author discussed how JUST in 1971, the UK produced hundreds of millions of photos.
Now imagine today, how many digital photos are taken a day, how many e-mailed, how many uploaded to YAHOO, Flickr, HELLO, etc . . .
What are the large-scale implications of our digital photo memory?
I have no idea, but Gustavo probably does!"
March 15th, 2005
"GG is the master of emergence and the metaworld"
March 4th, 2005
Drift Words says:
"Although he's far too clever, he makes up for it by using his polymath powers for good."
March 4th, 2005
Broken Haiku says:
"This man surely has a lot to teach me when it comes to photography. His style seems to be summed up by shapes and striving for colour and motion and I'll be interested in following his developement."
March 3rd, 2005
"Thank you so much for your graphs. Keep pushing it ahead, we can all join you in the first true virtual space."
February 9th, 2005
"GustavoG, you are a phenomenal asset to Flickr, it's good to know you. And your pictures are good too :)"
January 10th, 2005
- October 2004