Here, there and back again.
- FlickrIcons 63 photos, 80 members
- Less Is More... 47,060 photos, 45,780 members
- Deep Space Imagineers (AKA Space Madness) 330 photos, 46 members
- Same Place - Different Time, Different Light 293 photos, 82 members
- Reflections 608,338 photos, 50,006 members
- Pareidolia 6,336 photos, 991 members
- Thermal Infrared Camera Images 189 photos, 56 members
- Seattle 165,924 photos, 8,101 members
- zen 70,773 photos, 4,138 members
- Window seat please 105,836 photos, 25,581 members
- Professional Spelling Mistakes 230 photos, 54 members
- Artefacts in print 7 photos, 3 members
- : abstract AND minimal : 22,098 photos, 970 members
- GUESS WHAT THIS IS 3,415 photos, 1,146 members
- Light and Lines, Licht en Lijnen. 914 photos, 57 members
- Abstract Photos 118,562 photos, 19,006 members
- Less is More: The Best 5,148 photos, 1,965 members
- Selected minimum 5,313 photos, 834 members
- Pitch Blackground 388 photos, 81 members
- CATACORNER 1,021 photos, 148 members
- blackground 10,192 photos, 1,151 members
- Moviscrolliosis/ Images that appear to change as you scroll them 1,007 photos, 199 members
- My Favorite Line 18 photos, 34 members
- Misinterpreted Text 1,437 photos, 237 members
- Atoms 0 photos, 14 members
- Flickr Hacks 437 photos, 19,882 members
- Utata 441,819 photos, 25,684 members
- the FANTASTIC 2,846 photos, 380 members
- Luck 877 photos, 311 members
- FlickRandom 0 photos, 31 members
- 160 photos, 37 members
- Balance 1,417 photos, 547 members
- from BELOW - straight up 7,712 photos, 1,616 members
- Emergence 758 photos, 589 members
- Translations 389 photos, 281 members
- Tips for Recycling and Reusing 930 photos, 1,424 members
"Gustavo thinks, and Gustavo sees, and Gustavo thinks about what he sees… and HOW he sees. His images are beautiful and intelligent, playful and scholarly. It is a total pleasure, and very inspiring, to watch him stir the mixture everyday."
November 25th, 2007
jamie B says:
"Always helpful, forever honest in critique, and always present. Gustavo is part of what makes Flickr great. I appreciate him."
October 24th, 2005
Brian T Wright says:
"Gustavo and I have very little in common. He is intelligent and I am dumb as rocks. He loves numbers, statistics, sees order in chaos; I failed algebra twice and only pretend to calculate in my checkbook register. He is a photographer with an understanding of color, perspective and resolution; I cannot use a camera that does not have an Auto selection.
Yet, despite our differences, we have a friendship. It's because Gustavo bridges the gap, reaches out to me and offers a steady, helping hand. I suspect there are many others who can say the same about him. Many thanks, my friend."
August 26th, 2005
"Gustavo is part of a unique breed of photographer with a rare gift. The gift of a truly different perspective, and the ability to share that gift with us through his photographs."
July 28th, 2005
"Gustavo is one of those people who makes Flickr so special. While sure he takes a great picture, his commentary and insights are always interesting and thoughtful. He's one of my favorite folks in the flickrverse. I can't imagine this place without him."
April 30th, 2005
Mark Interrante says:
"Flickr is a new world of images and relationships and Gustavo is our first cartographer. We are quite lucky indeed. Just as maps are about patterns, his excellent photographs are full of fascinating patterns."
April 24th, 2005
"Gustavo draws order somehow of perceived chaos. Recently, I bought a used photography book from a store here near Emory University. In the book, the author discussed how JUST in 1971, the UK produced hundreds of millions of photos.
Now imagine today, how many digital photos are taken a day, how many e-mailed, how many uploaded to YAHOO, Flickr, HELLO, etc . . .
What are the large-scale implications of our digital photo memory?
I have no idea, but Gustavo probably does!"
March 15th, 2005
"GG is the master of emergence and the metaworld"
March 4th, 2005
Drift Words says:
"Although he's far too clever, he makes up for it by using his polymath powers for good."
March 4th, 2005
Broken Haiku says:
"This man surely has a lot to teach me when it comes to photography. His style seems to be summed up by shapes and striving for colour and motion and I'll be interested in following his developement."
March 3rd, 2005
"Thank you so much for your graphs. Keep pushing it ahead, we can all join you in the first true virtual space."
February 9th, 2005
"GustavoG, you are a phenomenal asset to Flickr, it's good to know you. And your pictures are good too :)"
January 10th, 2005
- October 2004