Here, there and back again.
- Wild silhouettes 3,283 photos, 622 members
- 110 photos, 73 members
- Light Sprites everywhere 74 photos, 12 members
- Black and White 6,873,988 photos, 347,000 members
- TOP PHOGRAPHY 2 photos, 5 members
- Flickr Games 536 photos, 433 members
- Geometric Beauty 196,876 photos, 11,298 members
- the good eye 5,694 photos, 133 members
- FlickrIcons 72 photos, 83 members
- Less Is More... 48,183 photos, 55,624 members
- Deep Space Imagineers (AKA Space Madness) 322 photos, 48 members
- Same Place - Different Time, Different Light 330 photos, 82 members
- Reflections 664,112 photos, 53,421 members
- Pareidolia 7,082 photos, 1,088 members
- Thermal Infrared Camera Images 255 photos, 67 members
- Seattle 176,207 photos, 8,456 members
- zen 75,383 photos, 4,248 members
- Window seat please 109,546 photos, 29,196 members
- Professional Spelling Mistakes 228 photos, 53 members
- Artefacts in print 7 photos, 3 members
- : abstract AND minimal : 37,702 photos, 1,581 members
- GUESS WHAT THIS IS 3,323 photos, 1,146 members
- Light and Lines, Licht en Lijnen. 1,846 photos, 80 members
- Abstract Photos 121,245 photos, 19,223 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,840 photos, 2,924 members
- Pitch Blackground 681 photos, 123 members
- CATACORNER 1,020 photos, 146 members
- blackground 10,108 photos, 1,154 members
- Moviscrolliosis/ Images that appear to change as you scroll them 1,015 photos, 202 members
- My Favorite Line 19 photos, 35 members
- Misinterpreted Text 1,557 photos, 239 members
- Atoms 0 photos, 14 members
- Flickr Hacks 426 photos, 21,859 members
- Utata 455,754 photos, 27,357 members
- the FANTASTIC 3,277 photos, 385 members
- Luck 869 photos, 316 members
- FlickRandom 0 photos, 32 members
- 161 photos, 37 members
- Balance 1,463 photos, 567 members
- from BELOW - straight up 8,070 photos, 1,689 members
- Emergence 778 photos, 585 members
- Translations 408 photos, 286 members
- Tips for Recycling and Reusing 939 photos, 1,427 members
"Gustavo thinks, and Gustavo sees, and Gustavo thinks about what he sees… and HOW he sees. His images are beautiful and intelligent, playful and scholarly. It is a total pleasure, and very inspiring, to watch him stir the mixture everyday."
November 25th, 2007
jamie B says:
"Always helpful, forever honest in critique, and always present. Gustavo is part of what makes Flickr great. I appreciate him."
October 24th, 2005
Brian T Wright says:
"Gustavo and I have very little in common. He is intelligent and I am dumb as rocks. He loves numbers, statistics, sees order in chaos; I failed algebra twice and only pretend to calculate in my checkbook register. He is a photographer with an understanding of color, perspective and resolution; I cannot use a camera that does not have an Auto selection.
Yet, despite our differences, we have a friendship. It's because Gustavo bridges the gap, reaches out to me and offers a steady, helping hand. I suspect there are many others who can say the same about him. Many thanks, my friend."
August 26th, 2005
"Gustavo is part of a unique breed of photographer with a rare gift. The gift of a truly different perspective, and the ability to share that gift with us through his photographs."
July 28th, 2005
"Gustavo is one of those people who makes Flickr so special. While sure he takes a great picture, his commentary and insights are always interesting and thoughtful. He's one of my favorite folks in the flickrverse. I can't imagine this place without him."
April 30th, 2005
Mark Interrante says:
"Flickr is a new world of images and relationships and Gustavo is our first cartographer. We are quite lucky indeed. Just as maps are about patterns, his excellent photographs are full of fascinating patterns."
April 24th, 2005
"Gustavo draws order somehow of perceived chaos. Recently, I bought a used photography book from a store here near Emory University. In the book, the author discussed how JUST in 1971, the UK produced hundreds of millions of photos.
Now imagine today, how many digital photos are taken a day, how many e-mailed, how many uploaded to YAHOO, Flickr, HELLO, etc . . .
What are the large-scale implications of our digital photo memory?
I have no idea, but Gustavo probably does!"
March 15th, 2005
"GG is the master of emergence and the metaworld"
March 4th, 2005
Drift Words says:
"Although he's far too clever, he makes up for it by using his polymath powers for good."
March 4th, 2005
Broken Haiku says:
"This man surely has a lot to teach me when it comes to photography. His style seems to be summed up by shapes and striving for colour and motion and I'll be interested in following his developement."
March 3rd, 2005
"Thank you so much for your graphs. Keep pushing it ahead, we can all join you in the first true virtual space."
February 9th, 2005
"GustavoG, you are a phenomenal asset to Flickr, it's good to know you. And your pictures are good too :)"
January 10th, 2005
- October 2004