Here, there and back again.
- Light Sprites everywhere 74 photos, 12 members
- Black and White 6,853,003 photos, 338,353 members
- TOP PHOGRAPHY 2 photos, 5 members
- Flickr Games 504 photos, 403 members
- Geometric Beauty 187,310 photos, 11,056 members
- the good eye 3,448 photos, 105 members
- FlickrIcons 69 photos, 82 members
- Less Is More... 45,488 photos, 51,867 members
- Deep Space Imagineers (AKA Space Madness) 333 photos, 46 members
- Same Place - Different Time, Different Light 315 photos, 83 members
- Reflections 639,930 photos, 52,133 members
- Pareidolia 6,703 photos, 1,043 members
- Thermal Infrared Camera Images 232 photos, 61 members
- Seattle 171,587 photos, 8,310 members
- zen 73,125 photos, 4,197 members
- Window seat please 107,121 photos, 27,723 members
- Professional Spelling Mistakes 228 photos, 54 members
- Artefacts in print 7 photos, 3 members
- : abstract AND minimal : 29,302 photos, 1,311 members
- GUESS WHAT THIS IS 3,275 photos, 1,146 members
- Light and Lines, Licht en Lijnen. 1,451 photos, 74 members
- Abstract Photos 120,021 photos, 19,196 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,893 photos, 2,703 members
- Pitch Blackground 568 photos, 107 members
- CATACORNER 1,018 photos, 147 members
- blackground 10,121 photos, 1,150 members
- Moviscrolliosis/ Images that appear to change as you scroll them 1,013 photos, 201 members
- My Favorite Line 18 photos, 34 members
- Misinterpreted Text 1,492 photos, 237 members
- Atoms 0 photos, 14 members
- Flickr Hacks 438 photos, 20,944 members
- Utata 449,403 photos, 26,677 members
- the FANTASTIC 3,184 photos, 386 members
- Luck 874 photos, 315 members
- FlickRandom 0 photos, 32 members
- 161 photos, 37 members
- Balance 1,451 photos, 563 members
- from BELOW - straight up 7,912 photos, 1,652 members
- Emergence 770 photos, 588 members
- Translations 404 photos, 285 members
- Tips for Recycling and Reusing 939 photos, 1,428 members
"Gustavo thinks, and Gustavo sees, and Gustavo thinks about what he sees… and HOW he sees. His images are beautiful and intelligent, playful and scholarly. It is a total pleasure, and very inspiring, to watch him stir the mixture everyday."
November 25th, 2007
jamie B says:
"Always helpful, forever honest in critique, and always present. Gustavo is part of what makes Flickr great. I appreciate him."
October 24th, 2005
Brian T Wright says:
"Gustavo and I have very little in common. He is intelligent and I am dumb as rocks. He loves numbers, statistics, sees order in chaos; I failed algebra twice and only pretend to calculate in my checkbook register. He is a photographer with an understanding of color, perspective and resolution; I cannot use a camera that does not have an Auto selection.
Yet, despite our differences, we have a friendship. It's because Gustavo bridges the gap, reaches out to me and offers a steady, helping hand. I suspect there are many others who can say the same about him. Many thanks, my friend."
August 26th, 2005
"Gustavo is part of a unique breed of photographer with a rare gift. The gift of a truly different perspective, and the ability to share that gift with us through his photographs."
July 28th, 2005
"Gustavo is one of those people who makes Flickr so special. While sure he takes a great picture, his commentary and insights are always interesting and thoughtful. He's one of my favorite folks in the flickrverse. I can't imagine this place without him."
April 30th, 2005
Mark Interrante says:
"Flickr is a new world of images and relationships and Gustavo is our first cartographer. We are quite lucky indeed. Just as maps are about patterns, his excellent photographs are full of fascinating patterns."
April 24th, 2005
"Gustavo draws order somehow of perceived chaos. Recently, I bought a used photography book from a store here near Emory University. In the book, the author discussed how JUST in 1971, the UK produced hundreds of millions of photos.
Now imagine today, how many digital photos are taken a day, how many e-mailed, how many uploaded to YAHOO, Flickr, HELLO, etc . . .
What are the large-scale implications of our digital photo memory?
I have no idea, but Gustavo probably does!"
March 15th, 2005
"GG is the master of emergence and the metaworld"
March 4th, 2005
Drift Words says:
"Although he's far too clever, he makes up for it by using his polymath powers for good."
March 4th, 2005
Broken Haiku says:
"This man surely has a lot to teach me when it comes to photography. His style seems to be summed up by shapes and striving for colour and motion and I'll be interested in following his developement."
March 3rd, 2005
"Thank you so much for your graphs. Keep pushing it ahead, we can all join you in the first true virtual space."
February 9th, 2005
"GustavoG, you are a phenomenal asset to Flickr, it's good to know you. And your pictures are good too :)"
January 10th, 2005
- October 2004