I was born, picked up a camera, got on a bike and started exploring my urban environment. As a child I lived near an airport, so I took photos of planes. I rode a bike to get around, so then I raced the bike, too. And then I took photos of bicycles. And flowers, birds, trees, roads, buses, trains, cars, even people. Anything I passed or was passed by.
Oh yes; the cars. I got a car to carry my cameras as I was getting a bit top-heavy with bodies and lenses on the bike!.
I really wanted an Alfa Romeo but got a Golf instead. And then another. Eventually I worked my way back to an Alfa via Swift Gtis and suchlike. Basically I should have saved my money and bought an Alfa first up. Or just stuck with the bike!
As for cameras, I started with a Box Brownie then an Instamatic, an Olympus Trip 35, a brace of Pentax SLRs, a Mamiya 645 and a Polaroid SX70. Did my own black and white and Ektachrome processing and printing. Also did drawing and painting, often abstracts. And then I bought a computer circa 1985 and everything went digital, if slowly at first. I now use a Nikon dSLR (D50 and 5200) and an Epson scanner. Photoshop et al are way more powerful and cleaner than dipping my fingers in chemicals in a dark room... so there you have it!
- Australian Birds 129,670 photos, 3,584 members
- Nikon Digital 3,947,883 photos, 111,017 members
- Trove: Australia in Pictures 384,284 photos, 3,793 members
- Spiders of Australia 38,160 photos, 760 members
- Field Guide to Insects of Australia 56,222 photos, 901 members
- .glitch 3,773 photos, 478 members
- glitch 1,974 photos, 145 members
- Generative Art 16,340 photos, 373 members
- Glitch Art 12,998 photos, 13,799 members
- Nikon D3100,D3200, D3300,D5100,D5200,D5300,D7000,D7100 group 1,077,986 photos, 34,604 members
- Lost Wings 12,766 photos, 485 members
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1,286 photos, 204 members
- Alfa Romeo cars 39,382 photos, 3,633 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,817,879 photos, 547,918 members
- Sydney Airport - YSSY - SYD 20,350 photos, 385 members
- Airlines: Qantas 19,718 photos, 1,026 members
- Woy Woy to Wyoming 2,266 photos, 101 members
- CCOA - Central Coast Of Australia 12,104 photos, 397 members
- 6 Photos – SeriesGroup 71,984 photos, 5,225 members
- RAAF Roulettes 636 photos, 102 members
- The Alfasud Group. For all Alfasud model's 2,113 photos, 114 members
- Professionnal Cycling 35,003 photos, 1,863 members
- Circuits of the world 27,031 photos, 659 members
- Pacific Aerospace (PAC) Aircraft 281 photos, 33 members
- You Think this is Art 1,982,831 photos, 73,554 members
- 'It's magical' Photo Manipulation [New Rules◇NO Nudity] 119,488 photos, 5,194 members
- Abstract Art Awards -=Post 1, Award 3=-- 59,988 photos, 8,177 members
- SLR Macro Photography 136,300 photos, 7,292 members
- cycling 99,511 photos, 6,991 members
gtveloce doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Rob Russell
- July 2006
- Gosford, NSW, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Blogger, consultant, media creator
- Rob's Mostly Digital Image Blog