If you are interested in purchasing any of my photos, either prints or full rights, please contact me through Flickrmail. If you would like to use one of my images for your blog, website, or whatever... please contact me first! Thank you!!! © All rights reserved
** All the work contained in my gallery is Copyright Protected © 2003-2015 Gary J Syrba. All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.
Free Website Counters
- Shoot52 197 photos, 25 members
- Old Film Cameras (only photos of cameras) 42,217 photos, 5,215 members
- Michigan: The Great Lakes State 144,601 photos, 3,405 members
- PureMichigan 19,506 photos, 356 members
- The PERFECT Lighthouse (20+ Faves, Explore or Invite only!) 4,199 photos, 1,305 members
- Grand Rapids Marathon 2012 153 photos, 32 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,784,995 photos, 28,692 members
- Grand Haven Scott Kelby world wide photowalk 2011 11 photos, 8 members
- Grand Rapids On the Outskirts 2,803 photos, 63 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,685,412 photos, 187,797 members
- Walt Disney World 114,943 photos, 6,440 members
- Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan 39 photos, 4 members
- Jessie's Ride For A Cure 128 photos, 18 members
- Grand Rapids Grub 153 photos, 48 members
- Grand Rapids Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk 2010 278 photos, 29 members
- 52 Walks 2010 3,254 photos, 78 members
- Grand Rapids Flickrwalk 344 photos, 48 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 405,195 photos, 104,678 members
- City at Night 9,953 photos, 787 members
- Grand Rapids Marathon 2009 811 photos, 28 members
- Grand Rapids Black & White 2,070 photos, 80 members
- Grand Rapids ArtPrize Promotion 4,050 photos, 100 members
- MadCap Coffee 560 photos, 51 members
- GR Flickr Slideshow 353 photos, 98 members
- Happy Blurry Shit In The Background Wednesday 2,742 photos, 422 members
- Dead animals 12,188 photos, 3,010 members
- ArtPrize® Grand Rapids (Official) 24,540 photos, 959 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 6,869 photos, 450 members
- Scott Kelby’s Worldwide Photo Walk: Grand Rapids 2009 175 photos, 17 members
- Grand Haven, MI 4,934 photos, 303 members
- fiddy whores 35,125 photos, 1,348 members
- Lighthouses of the World 96,850 photos, 13,390 members
- Grand Rapids - Blues on the Mall 810 photos, 46 members
- Toilets for Terry 157 photos, 84 members
- Naturey Crap 94,265 photos, 3,013 members
- Explore Front Page (Please read Group Rules before posting) 863 photos, 713 members
- EARTH - Through Your Eyes 62,713 photos, 2,243 members
- On the streets of Grand Rapids 6,465 photos, 235 members
- Pentax SMC - Official Tag Required 136,471 photos, 3,404 members
- Night Lights 1,041,813 photos, 87,356 members
- nighthawks 348,136 photos, 20,064 members
- Adobe Lightroom 49,041 photos, 26,592 members
- Lovely Ludington, Michigan 2,526 photos, 154 members
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 2,447 photos, 1,131 members
- Great Lakes lighthouses 10,638 photos, 810 members
- Fliquor 171 photos, 44 members
- Favorites: 100 52,878 photos, 6,792 members
- Michigan... Gotta Luv It! 32,496 photos, 430 members
- The Michigan Gallery- 43,509 photos, 1,135 members
- Very Long Exposure (30 seconds or more) 63,310 photos, 6,179 members
Jonathan Clay says:
"Gary's photos are all amazing, but it's his processing that really makes them shine. His understanding and creativity in editing is inspiring. With that said, he is also far more humble than he needs to be.
Talking to Gray about photography is like taking a class; it's a learning experience, and his inquisitive nature and desire to take in everything keeps you feeling proud of yourself at the same time.
His photostream is one I've looked at many times to get ideas when I'm feeling stuck."
July 1st, 2009
Craig - S says:
"Gary was one of the first people to comment on my photo stream after I joined Flickr, and I was shocked that anyone would comment, let alone have something kind to say. But since that first comment, he has commented on many more, and he always has a kind word. Sometimes he goes beyond that and has two or three kind words...
After his initial comment I checked out his stream and was blown away. Gary is not only a talented photographer, but a talented processor of images as well. Until I saw his stream I didn't realize it, but I had been looking for somebody to inspire me and sort of guide me as to where I wanted to go with this crazy, and expensive, photography thing. After seeing his images, I sort of hung my coat up, and stayed for training. You can learn a lot by browsing his images, and he's always willing to offer advice and encouragement along the way. I can't think of anyone nicer, that I've met on Flickr, who's so willing to offer that kind of support. I've seen his comments on streams, other than mine, and they are always full of encouragement and support, with a nice touch of humor thrown in.
On top of all that Gary is a fellow Michiganizoidianite. I didn't even know that word existed before I met Gary on Flickr. He tells me that's a real word, and I can't imagine why he'd make something like that up, so I now sprinkle my conversations with "Michiganizoidianite" as often as possible. So see, you can learn a lot from Gary.
If you're looking for someone on Flickr who has outstanding photos, a sense of humor, and offers encouragement, then Gary is that guy. Thanks for all of your support here Gary, and I look forward to many more great images from you."
May 27th, 2009
"Gary has an incredible eye for photography but an even bigger heart. He has helped me with many of my questions and has never grown impatient. His photography is just a glimpse of the incredible things we will be seeing in the future. He is incredibly detailed and never misses a beat! (Not even when its extremely cold!)"
February 6th, 2009
♥ Spice (^_^) says:
"pentax hammer is a very creative and artistic photographer.
his work is exciting,interesting and full of variety,
the colour and composition are always nice.
i am glad that i can view his work here at Flickrland!"
November 18th, 2008
"When you first look at Gary's work the first thing you see is qaulity but well beyond that is his passion for the camera that shines through with each new shot he posts. A firm understanding of HDR he creates images that seem a work of fine art but when I asked him to shoot a few with no pre or post, he stunned us all! Gary also sets himself above many flickr pros with his attitude twords others and a kind helping hand that is always readily available when you need help. I have met alot of people here on flickr but Gary has proven to be a time tested friend. I am very very glad to have him on my friends list.
Thank you for all of your help
Rock on bud!"
April 15th, 2008
CTR Image Photography says:
"I think most of what's been said is exactly who this photographer is. He has a keen sense of this business we call passion [aka photography]. He has a charm and wit about himself that you can see through the end results on his images. I can see him walk around noticing what others walk by, just to not miss the opportunity to create through the lens. Maybe we should all follow suit and notice life a little more, so we won't miss out on the miracles around us... if we walk too fast, we just might.
I also appreciate the time he takes to help his fellow Flickr friends understand more about PS and the camera. It takes time and patience to type all that needs to be said...so he now has illustrated to us that he has patience, too.
All the qualities that make a decent human being has helped him in his journey in photography ...they go hand in hand I am convinced."
April 5th, 2008
"How have I not written a testimonial about Gary? I still remember the first day I saw on of his HDR shots jump into Grand Rapids flickr - i was immediately taken back and i was impressed by the care and skill he put into his photos. ever since then i've been hooked and a day doesn't pass where i say "what will gary give us today!" fast forward a year or so and i'm proud to call Gary a friend and humbled to have had the chance to shoot with him. amazing photographer and hands down the best HDR craftsman i've ever seen."
January 26th, 2008
Hooks Pix says:
"Gary as you can tell is a very talented photographer, his skills in capturing color, composition and highlights is exceptional.
What you may not know is that Gary is as great a friend as he is a photographer. Gary started out as my neighbor, and has become my very good friend, our wives are sisters from other mothers. He is very sincere when he comments on your works. He is always willing to help someone out be it photography, carpentry, pool cleaning or emptying a six pack.
I hope everyone that sees your work here know what a wonderful person you are in life as well."
September 19th, 2007
- February 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- gsyrba [at] aol.com