If you are interested in purchasing any of my photos, either prints or full rights, please contact me through Flickrmail. If you would like to use one of my images for your blog, website, or whatever... please contact me first! Thank you!!! © All rights reserved
** All the work contained in my gallery is Copyright Protected © 2003-2015 Gary J Syrba. All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.
Free Website Counters
- Shoot52 125 photos, 25 members
- Old Film Cameras (only photos of cameras) 41,074 photos, 5,179 members
- Michigan: The Great Lakes State 142,128 photos, 3,348 members
- PureMichigan 17,451 photos, 333 members
- The PERFECT Lighthouse (20+ Faves, Explore or Invite only!) 4,008 photos, 1,280 members
- Grand Rapids Marathon 2012 153 photos, 33 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,727,430 photos, 28,519 members
- Grand Haven Scott Kelby world wide photowalk 2011 11 photos, 8 members
- Grand Rapids On the Outskirts 2,759 photos, 59 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,614,909 photos, 186,010 members
- Walt Disney World 112,886 photos, 6,422 members
- Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan 39 photos, 4 members
- Jessie's Ride For A Cure 128 photos, 18 members
- Grand Rapids Grub 152 photos, 47 members
- Grand Rapids Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk 2010 278 photos, 29 members
- 52 Walks 2010 3,254 photos, 78 members
- Grand Rapids Flickrwalk 344 photos, 47 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 406,924 photos, 105,182 members
- City at Night 8,998 photos, 749 members
- Grand Rapids Marathon 2009 811 photos, 28 members
- Grand Rapids Black & White 2,060 photos, 78 members
- Grand Rapids ArtPrize Promotion 4,040 photos, 98 members
- MadCap Coffee 560 photos, 52 members
- GR Flickr Slideshow 353 photos, 98 members
- Happy Blurry Shit In The Background Wednesday 2,704 photos, 420 members
- Dead animals 12,195 photos, 3,014 members
- ArtPrize® Grand Rapids (Official) 24,470 photos, 968 members
- Lake Michigan Weather 6,965 photos, 448 members
- Scott Kelby’s Worldwide Photo Walk: Grand Rapids 2009 175 photos, 17 members
- Grand Haven, MI 4,882 photos, 301 members
- fiddy whores 35,005 photos, 1,342 members
- Lighthouses of the World 92,566 photos, 13,172 members
- Grand Rapids - Blues on the Mall 809 photos, 46 members
- Toilets for Terry 157 photos, 85 members
- Naturey Crap 93,193 photos, 3,012 members
- Explore Front Page (Please read Group Rules before posting) 862 photos, 715 members
- EARTH - Through Your Eyes 59,351 photos, 2,215 members
- On the streets of Grand Rapids 6,236 photos, 231 members
- Pentax SMC - Official Tag Required 132,402 photos, 3,365 members
- Night Lights 1,006,703 photos, 86,061 members
- nighthawks 342,188 photos, 20,034 members
- Adobe Lightroom 45,046 photos, 26,409 members
- Lovely Ludington, Michigan 2,484 photos, 154 members
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 2,429 photos, 1,135 members
- Great Lakes lighthouses 10,306 photos, 789 members
- Fliquor 171 photos, 44 members
- Favorites: 100 83,105 photos, 6,231 members
- Michigan... Gotta Luv It! 31,587 photos, 427 members
- The Michigan Gallery- 41,780 photos, 1,120 members
- Very Long Exposure (30 seconds or more) 60,719 photos, 6,102 members
Jonathan Clay says:
"Gary's photos are all amazing, but it's his processing that really makes them shine. His understanding and creativity in editing is inspiring. With that said, he is also far more humble than he needs to be.
Talking to Gray about photography is like taking a class; it's a learning experience, and his inquisitive nature and desire to take in everything keeps you feeling proud of yourself at the same time.
His photostream is one I've looked at many times to get ideas when I'm feeling stuck."
July 1st, 2009
Craig - S says:
"Gary was one of the first people to comment on my photo stream after I joined Flickr, and I was shocked that anyone would comment, let alone have something kind to say. But since that first comment, he has commented on many more, and he always has a kind word. Sometimes he goes beyond that and has two or three kind words...
After his initial comment I checked out his stream and was blown away. Gary is not only a talented photographer, but a talented processor of images as well. Until I saw his stream I didn't realize it, but I had been looking for somebody to inspire me and sort of guide me as to where I wanted to go with this crazy, and expensive, photography thing. After seeing his images, I sort of hung my coat up, and stayed for training. You can learn a lot by browsing his images, and he's always willing to offer advice and encouragement along the way. I can't think of anyone nicer, that I've met on Flickr, who's so willing to offer that kind of support. I've seen his comments on streams, other than mine, and they are always full of encouragement and support, with a nice touch of humor thrown in.
On top of all that Gary is a fellow Michiganizoidianite. I didn't even know that word existed before I met Gary on Flickr. He tells me that's a real word, and I can't imagine why he'd make something like that up, so I now sprinkle my conversations with "Michiganizoidianite" as often as possible. So see, you can learn a lot from Gary.
If you're looking for someone on Flickr who has outstanding photos, a sense of humor, and offers encouragement, then Gary is that guy. Thanks for all of your support here Gary, and I look forward to many more great images from you."
May 27th, 2009
"Gary has an incredible eye for photography but an even bigger heart. He has helped me with many of my questions and has never grown impatient. His photography is just a glimpse of the incredible things we will be seeing in the future. He is incredibly detailed and never misses a beat! (Not even when its extremely cold!)"
February 6th, 2009
♥ Spice (^_^) says:
"pentax hammer is a very creative and artistic photographer.
his work is exciting,interesting and full of variety,
the colour and composition are always nice.
i am glad that i can view his work here at Flickrland!"
November 18th, 2008
"When you first look at Gary's work the first thing you see is qaulity but well beyond that is his passion for the camera that shines through with each new shot he posts. A firm understanding of HDR he creates images that seem a work of fine art but when I asked him to shoot a few with no pre or post, he stunned us all! Gary also sets himself above many flickr pros with his attitude twords others and a kind helping hand that is always readily available when you need help. I have met alot of people here on flickr but Gary has proven to be a time tested friend. I am very very glad to have him on my friends list.
Thank you for all of your help
Rock on bud!"
April 15th, 2008
CTR Image Photography says:
"I think most of what's been said is exactly who this photographer is. He has a keen sense of this business we call passion [aka photography]. He has a charm and wit about himself that you can see through the end results on his images. I can see him walk around noticing what others walk by, just to not miss the opportunity to create through the lens. Maybe we should all follow suit and notice life a little more, so we won't miss out on the miracles around us... if we walk too fast, we just might.
I also appreciate the time he takes to help his fellow Flickr friends understand more about PS and the camera. It takes time and patience to type all that needs to be said...so he now has illustrated to us that he has patience, too.
All the qualities that make a decent human being has helped him in his journey in photography ...they go hand in hand I am convinced."
April 5th, 2008
"How have I not written a testimonial about Gary? I still remember the first day I saw on of his HDR shots jump into Grand Rapids flickr - i was immediately taken back and i was impressed by the care and skill he put into his photos. ever since then i've been hooked and a day doesn't pass where i say "what will gary give us today!" fast forward a year or so and i'm proud to call Gary a friend and humbled to have had the chance to shoot with him. amazing photographer and hands down the best HDR craftsman i've ever seen."
January 26th, 2008
Hooks Pix says:
"Gary as you can tell is a very talented photographer, his skills in capturing color, composition and highlights is exceptional.
What you may not know is that Gary is as great a friend as he is a photographer. Gary started out as my neighbor, and has become my very good friend, our wives are sisters from other mothers. He is very sincere when he comments on your works. He is always willing to help someone out be it photography, carpentry, pool cleaning or emptying a six pack.
I hope everyone that sees your work here know what a wonderful person you are in life as well."
September 19th, 2007
- February 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- gsyrba [at] aol.com