Welcome to the life of AriesEffects! I'm an Aries...and I love FX. Photo, Video, Special, Side, Adverse.....you name it!
I looooove the sound of the shutter. I love sharing my photos with friends and family. I love trying new techniques. Above and beyond all, I have a passion. If you don't enjoy what you do, change what you're doing.
I've learned a lot over time about lighting and how to get the exact look I’m going for. I remember being told years ago, " Practice, practice, practice!" It made sense, but I never really did it. I always wondered why my shots didn't look like I thought they should. Then low and behold, I started to PRACTICE......guess what?! HAHAHAHA, LMAO, yea that's right, I got a little better! I look back a few ears ago, and I thought I was awesome! I wasn't....I sucked! Even now, I'm not awesome. I'm sure I'll look back in another five or six years and wonder what the hell I was thinking. I constantly see photographers here on Flickr and elsewhere and wonder if I’ll ever reach that level of greatness. It's a constant reminder that "I" am "ME", and I should be happy doing what I do. It keeps me on my toes, striving not to become someone else, but to extract the inspiration I see in their work and to mold it into my ever growing passion and technique.
Work hard.....play hard!
Life's got me pretty busy right now. We've got two cats and two puppies. I work full time, while shooting on the side. I'm in the middle of my 365 , P90X, and trying to get the house manageable. There just aren't enough hours in the day! My life is definitely well documented!
- flickr (unofficial) 2,928,219 photos, 92,112 members
- Commercial Photography: Images and Techniques 348 photos, 553 members
- Mirrorball Award Group 1,229 photos, 144 members
- All Canon EOS Videos 179 photos, 115 members
- School of Digital Photography 633,357 photos, 17,221 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 87 photos, 198 members
- 365 Baby 12,422 photos, 315 members
- ParentDish (formerly Blogging Baby) 26,916 photos, 3,233 members
- !Pink! 1,184 photos, 347 members
- Strobist studio and setup photos 2,485 photos, 2,702 members
- The Teleidoscope - closed 3,943 photos, 1,178 members
- Breast Cancer Awareness 2010 144 photos, 350 members
- Fans of Drummy ™©'s Endworld 129 photos, 44 members
- Me Through Your Eyes 349 photos, 334 members
- Inside the soul 1 photo, 5 members
- Unflattering Face Thursday 38 photos, 85 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 56,975 photos, 916 members
- **** WCR **** 131 photos, 87 members
- Alien Bees 70,331 photos, 7,237 members
- Tributes to =Tom= 16 photos, 12 members
- ! The Artistic Photographers Guild ! 419 photos, 31 members
- friday night drunken webcam pics 47 photos, 153 members
- Creative 365 Self Portrait Ideas 3,542 photos, 574 members
- La mia prima foto su Flickr - My first photo on Flickr 11,598 photos, 22,567 members
- Minchia che foto! 84,319 photos, 3,647 members
- Let's Shoot Los Angeles 6,862 photos, 168 members
- Musically Challenged 2,110 photos, 376 members
- I'm a Flickr Badass 2,607 photos, 136 members
- No such thing as a stupid question 0 photos, 214 members
- F64 Challenge - G68 In April now... 5,368 photos, 1,054 members
- Project 365 Theme 16 photos, 12 members
- * Rav the Vag * 45 photos, 29 members
- Los Angeles 204,280 photos, 10,492 members
- How Do You Feel Today? 3,188 photos, 231 members
- AndYaDontStop Rockin' It! 67 photos, 53 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 219,827 photos, 3,606 members
- Wedding Photography 236,477 photos, 48,533 members
- Survivor: Flickr Island :: Game 28 - SIGN UP! 842 photos, 239 members
- Happy Blurry Shit In The Background Wednesday 2,471 photos, 396 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 746,977 photos, 32,918 members
- iPhone 199,833 photos, 6,007 members
- Shmobist 845 photos, 147 members
- 52 pieces of me 341 photos, 144 members
- New Canon EOS 5D Mark II - only quality ph. - Post 1, comment 2! 16,272 photos, 651 members
- 5D markII Video & Photo Group 12,529 photos, 456 members
- Canon 5D Mk II Videos 1,832 photos, 930 members
- Self-Portraits! 489,882 photos, 45,802 members
- 365 Days: Rejects 13,236 photos, 792 members
- this is what i bring to flickr 18,660 photos, 744 members
- *** ツ Foto, Just Foto ツ Post 1 ツ Award 4 ツ *** 26,037 photos, 1,040 members
"Wow, where do I start.. Marcelle is not only an amazing photographer, but he is also a awesome story teller who will leave u laughing so hard with the stories he leaves with his photos...
Marcelle is also a awesome teacher , and if he knows the answer to any question asked , he will be more then happy to tell you.. The info he shares with you will inspire you ...."
June 13th, 2010
RedHead66 * Marla says:
"When I first stumbled onto Marcelle's photostream.....I noticed a guy sitting there dumbfounded and staring at a red light. As I began to read his storyline, I laughed so hard.....I cried!
Marcelle is not only a talented photographer, and by that I mean his skills far surpass most on Flickr, but his ability to create character after character and such brilliant, elaborate story lines is truly remarkable!
No one does what Marcelle does ~ he is a unique talent and I beg you as the viewer to spend some serious time here.......take a journey and be prepared to laugh until your gut splits!
Oh yeah, and ....
The man himself is one of the kindest and most sincere people on Flickr......I count it both a blessing and a joy to know him. ;-)"
February 1st, 2010
"Well, we all know he is a complete master of photography and controller of light. However, he is also an extremely generous person that has a sincere interest in helping the photographic community. As a new photographer, he could have easily brushed me off, but he engaged me with humor and respect and has helped me to become a better photographer. Meeting Marcelle here has reinvigorated me to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Thanks for being a flickr friend and for being the person you are."
August 28th, 2009
"I have only known you for a bit, but your photography, creativity, and humor have inspired me. I don't write very many testimonials.. but if there were one dream.. I would follow you around for days like a puppy dog to learn your secrets. You ROCK.."
August 27th, 2009
"Light is magic, and Agent 47 knows how to play with it!
Arieseffects' work is one of the most creative I know.
Each time I see one of his photos, I just want to go out and starts shooting!
Thanks to inspire me everyday!"
August 17th, 2009
Ciel Photography says:
"Marcelle's stream is a daily surprise! This guy puts so much time and effort into his photos and boy does it show off! I love the characters he portrays and the props he uses! So much humor and creativity, I'm a fan!"
August 20th, 2009
Black Rider Studios says:
"Mr Aries. has a tremendous talent. Packed with his weapons and his super quick camera he is able to project any image that his limitless creative mind can fabricate. I have become a huge fan of his stream and I hope to see more of his 365."
August 4th, 2009
"Marcelle is one of the most creative people on Flickr. His 365 is one of very favorites, because I truly never know what to expect. The time and effort he puts into each of his image is worth it, and it pays off. He is talented, and was making bad ass images even before he got a super fancy camera. :) I can't wait to see what he'll do next, or what kind of story his pictures will tell - but whatever it is, it will not only impress you but stick with you in your mind.
Loveeee your work."
July 25th, 2009
"If you're looking for humor, incredible lighting, mad props and brilliant photographic ideas, then you've come to the right place! Arieseffects's stream is the kickstart I need daily..lol :) Great work, buddy."
July 9th, 2009
- Marcelle Grizzelle
- March 2006
- Pasadena, Ca
- Simi Valley, Ca, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Systems Administrator, Photographer
- Grizzelle Photography
- mgrizzelle [at] yahoo.com