Welcome to the life of AriesEffects! I'm an Aries...and I love FX. Photo, Video, Special, Side, Adverse.....you name it!
I looooove the sound of the shutter. I love sharing my photos with friends and family. I love trying new techniques. Above and beyond all, I have a passion. If you don't enjoy what you do, change what you're doing.
I've learned a lot over time about lighting and how to get the exact look I’m going for. I remember being told years ago, " Practice, practice, practice!" It made sense, but I never really did it. I always wondered why my shots didn't look like I thought they should. Then low and behold, I started to PRACTICE......guess what?! HAHAHAHA, LMAO, yea that's right, I got a little better! I look back a few ears ago, and I thought I was awesome! I wasn't....I sucked! Even now, I'm not awesome. I'm sure I'll look back in another five or six years and wonder what the hell I was thinking. I constantly see photographers here on Flickr and elsewhere and wonder if I’ll ever reach that level of greatness. It's a constant reminder that "I" am "ME", and I should be happy doing what I do. It keeps me on my toes, striving not to become someone else, but to extract the inspiration I see in their work and to mold it into my ever growing passion and technique.
Work hard.....play hard!
Life's got me pretty busy right now. We've got two cats and two puppies. I work full time, while shooting on the side. I'm in the middle of my 365 , P90X, and trying to get the house manageable. There just aren't enough hours in the day! My life is definitely well documented!
- flickr (unofficial) 4,015,511 photos, 101,492 members
- Commercial Photography: Images and Techniques 325 photos, 572 members
- Mirrorball Award Group 1,222 photos, 142 members
- All Canon EOS Videos 188 photos, 128 members
- School of Digital Photography 778,204 photos, 18,253 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 85 photos, 193 members
- 365 Baby 13,151 photos, 331 members
- ParentDish (formerly Blogging Baby) 26,715 photos, 3,219 members
- !Pink! 1,291 photos, 353 members
- Strobist studio and setup photos 3,176 photos, 2,774 members
- The Teleidoscope - closed 3,703 photos, 1,168 members
- Breast Cancer Awareness 2010 141 photos, 355 members
- Fans of Drummy ™©'s Endworld 129 photos, 43 members
- Me Through Your Eyes 332 photos, 331 members
- Inside the soul 0 photos, 5 members
- Unflattering Face Thursday 57 photos, 97 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 68,961 photos, 1,013 members
- **** WCR **** 132 photos, 85 members
- Alien Bees 69,432 photos, 7,322 members
- Tributes to =Tom= 16 photos, 11 members
- ! The Artistic Photographers Guild ! 410 photos, 31 members
- friday night drunken webcam pics 47 photos, 152 members
- Creative 365 Self Portrait Ideas 3,701 photos, 589 members
- La mia prima foto su Flickr - My first photo on Flickr 11,505 photos, 22,406 members
- Minchia che foto! 90,278 photos, 3,642 members
- Let's Shoot Los Angeles 7,250 photos, 180 members
- Musically Challenged 2,027 photos, 372 members
- I'm a Flickr Badass 2,614 photos, 136 members
- No such thing as a stupid question 0 photos, 211 members
- F64 Challenge - G74 R4 - Post Photos TODAY! 5,835 photos, 1,074 members
- Project 365 Theme 16 photos, 12 members
- * Rav the Vag * 45 photos, 29 members
- Los Angeles 214,952 photos, 10,892 members
- How Do You Feel Today? 3,182 photos, 230 members
- AndYaDontStop Rockin' It! 67 photos, 52 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 227,856 photos, 3,636 members
- Wedding Photography 247,506 photos, 50,556 members
- Survivor: Flickr Island :: Game 28 - SIGN UP! 817 photos, 236 members
- Happy Blurry Shit In The Background Wednesday 2,525 photos, 417 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 779,209 photos, 33,428 members
- iPhone 210,782 photos, 6,153 members
- Shmobist 859 photos, 148 members
- 52 pieces of me 340 photos, 142 members
- New Canon EOS 5D Mark II - only quality ph. - Post 1, comment 2! 16,777 photos, 665 members
- 5D markII Video & Photo Group 14,383 photos, 508 members
- Canon 5D Mk II Videos 2,038 photos, 933 members
- Self-Portraits! 497,682 photos, 46,614 members
- 365 Days: Rejects 13,515 photos, 793 members
- this is what i bring to flickr 21,492 photos, 750 members
- *** ツ Foto, Just Foto ツ Post 1 ツ Award 4 ツ *** 27,520 photos, 1,065 members
"Wow, where do I start.. Marcelle is not only an amazing photographer, but he is also a awesome story teller who will leave u laughing so hard with the stories he leaves with his photos...
Marcelle is also a awesome teacher , and if he knows the answer to any question asked , he will be more then happy to tell you.. The info he shares with you will inspire you ...."
June 13th, 2010
RedHead66 * Marla says:
"When I first stumbled onto Marcelle's photostream.....I noticed a guy sitting there dumbfounded and staring at a red light. As I began to read his storyline, I laughed so hard.....I cried!
Marcelle is not only a talented photographer, and by that I mean his skills far surpass most on Flickr, but his ability to create character after character and such brilliant, elaborate story lines is truly remarkable!
No one does what Marcelle does ~ he is a unique talent and I beg you as the viewer to spend some serious time here.......take a journey and be prepared to laugh until your gut splits!
Oh yeah, and ....
The man himself is one of the kindest and most sincere people on Flickr......I count it both a blessing and a joy to know him. ;-)"
February 1st, 2010
"Well, we all know he is a complete master of photography and controller of light. However, he is also an extremely generous person that has a sincere interest in helping the photographic community. As a new photographer, he could have easily brushed me off, but he engaged me with humor and respect and has helped me to become a better photographer. Meeting Marcelle here has reinvigorated me to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Thanks for being a flickr friend and for being the person you are."
August 28th, 2009
"I have only known you for a bit, but your photography, creativity, and humor have inspired me. I don't write very many testimonials.. but if there were one dream.. I would follow you around for days like a puppy dog to learn your secrets. You ROCK.."
August 27th, 2009
"Light is magic, and Agent 47 knows how to play with it!
Arieseffects' work is one of the most creative I know.
Each time I see one of his photos, I just want to go out and starts shooting!
Thanks to inspire me everyday!"
August 17th, 2009
Droom Kleuren says:
"Marcelle's stream is a daily surprise! This guy puts so much time and effort into his photos and boy does it show off! I love the characters he portrays and the props he uses! So much humor and creativity, I'm a fan!"
August 20th, 2009
Black Rider Studios says:
"Mr Aries. has a tremendous talent. Packed with his weapons and his super quick camera he is able to project any image that his limitless creative mind can fabricate. I have become a huge fan of his stream and I hope to see more of his 365."
August 4th, 2009
"Marcelle is one of the most creative people on Flickr. His 365 is one of very favorites, because I truly never know what to expect. The time and effort he puts into each of his image is worth it, and it pays off. He is talented, and was making bad ass images even before he got a super fancy camera. :) I can't wait to see what he'll do next, or what kind of story his pictures will tell - but whatever it is, it will not only impress you but stick with you in your mind.
Loveeee your work."
July 25th, 2009
"If you're looking for humor, incredible lighting, mad props and brilliant photographic ideas, then you've come to the right place! Arieseffects's stream is the kickstart I need daily..lol :) Great work, buddy."
July 9th, 2009
- Marcelle Grizzelle
- March 2006
- Pasadena, Ca
- Simi Valley, Ca, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Systems Administrator, Photographer
- Grizzelle Photography
- mgrizzelle [at] yahoo.com