Welcome to the life of AriesEffects! I'm an Aries...and I love FX. Photo, Video, Special, Side, Adverse.....you name it!
I looooove the sound of the shutter. I love sharing my photos with friends and family. I love trying new techniques. Above and beyond all, I have a passion. If you don't enjoy what you do, change what you're doing.
I've learned a lot over time about lighting and how to get the exact look I’m going for. I remember being told years ago, " Practice, practice, practice!" It made sense, but I never really did it. I always wondered why my shots didn't look like I thought they should. Then low and behold, I started to PRACTICE......guess what?! HAHAHAHA, LMAO, yea that's right, I got a little better! I look back a few ears ago, and I thought I was awesome! I wasn't....I sucked! Even now, I'm not awesome. I'm sure I'll look back in another five or six years and wonder what the hell I was thinking. I constantly see photographers here on Flickr and elsewhere and wonder if I’ll ever reach that level of greatness. It's a constant reminder that "I" am "ME", and I should be happy doing what I do. It keeps me on my toes, striving not to become someone else, but to extract the inspiration I see in their work and to mold it into my ever growing passion and technique.
Work hard.....play hard!
Life's got me pretty busy right now. We've got two cats and two puppies. I work full time, while shooting on the side. I'm in the middle of my 365 , P90X, and trying to get the house manageable. There just aren't enough hours in the day! My life is definitely well documented!
- flickr (unofficial) 3,773,015 photos, 99,416 members
- Commercial Photography: Images and Techniques 325 photos, 568 members
- Mirrorball Award Group 1,223 photos, 143 members
- All Canon EOS Videos 185 photos, 123 members
- School of Digital Photography 746,447 photos, 18,055 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 85 photos, 196 members
- 365 Baby 13,072 photos, 325 members
- ParentDish (formerly Blogging Baby) 26,714 photos, 3,220 members
- !Pink! 1,268 photos, 352 members
- Strobist studio and setup photos 2,939 photos, 2,758 members
- The Teleidoscope - closed 3,788 photos, 1,170 members
- Breast Cancer Awareness 2010 141 photos, 355 members
- Fans of Drummy ™©'s Endworld 129 photos, 43 members
- Me Through Your Eyes 344 photos, 332 members
- Inside the soul 0 photos, 5 members
- Unflattering Face Thursday 57 photos, 97 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 66,163 photos, 985 members
- **** WCR **** 132 photos, 85 members
- Alien Bees 69,876 photos, 7,299 members
- Tributes to =Tom= 16 photos, 11 members
- ! The Artistic Photographers Guild ! 413 photos, 31 members
- friday night drunken webcam pics 47 photos, 152 members
- Creative 365 Self Portrait Ideas 3,672 photos, 589 members
- La mia prima foto su Flickr - My first photo on Flickr 11,521 photos, 22,441 members
- Minchia che foto! 88,775 photos, 3,641 members
- Let's Shoot Los Angeles 7,205 photos, 179 members
- Musically Challenged 2,057 photos, 373 members
- I'm a Flickr Badass 2,627 photos, 136 members
- No such thing as a stupid question 0 photos, 212 members
- F64 Challenge - G73, Let's do this! Best of 2015 announced! 5,726 photos, 1,078 members
- Project 365 Theme 16 photos, 12 members
- * Rav the Vag * 45 photos, 29 members
- Los Angeles 212,415 photos, 10,820 members
- How Do You Feel Today? 3,174 photos, 231 members
- AndYaDontStop Rockin' It! 67 photos, 52 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 225,838 photos, 3,631 members
- Wedding Photography 245,860 photos, 50,210 members
- Survivor: Flickr Island :: Game 28 - SIGN UP! 842 photos, 237 members
- Happy Blurry Shit In The Background Wednesday 2,501 photos, 398 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 771,947 photos, 33,295 members
- iPhone 208,257 photos, 6,117 members
- Shmobist 856 photos, 148 members
- 52 pieces of me 340 photos, 142 members
- New Canon EOS 5D Mark II - only quality ph. - Post 1, comment 2! 16,639 photos, 664 members
- 5D markII Video & Photo Group 13,888 photos, 498 members
- Canon 5D Mk II Videos 2,026 photos, 930 members
- Self-Portraits! 496,164 photos, 46,403 members
- 365 Days: Rejects 13,382 photos, 793 members
- this is what i bring to flickr 21,063 photos, 751 members
- *** ツ Foto, Just Foto ツ Post 1 ツ Award 4 ツ *** 27,337 photos, 1,057 members
"Wow, where do I start.. Marcelle is not only an amazing photographer, but he is also a awesome story teller who will leave u laughing so hard with the stories he leaves with his photos...
Marcelle is also a awesome teacher , and if he knows the answer to any question asked , he will be more then happy to tell you.. The info he shares with you will inspire you ...."
June 13th, 2010
RedHead66 * Marla says:
"When I first stumbled onto Marcelle's photostream.....I noticed a guy sitting there dumbfounded and staring at a red light. As I began to read his storyline, I laughed so hard.....I cried!
Marcelle is not only a talented photographer, and by that I mean his skills far surpass most on Flickr, but his ability to create character after character and such brilliant, elaborate story lines is truly remarkable!
No one does what Marcelle does ~ he is a unique talent and I beg you as the viewer to spend some serious time here.......take a journey and be prepared to laugh until your gut splits!
Oh yeah, and ....
The man himself is one of the kindest and most sincere people on Flickr......I count it both a blessing and a joy to know him. ;-)"
February 1st, 2010
"Well, we all know he is a complete master of photography and controller of light. However, he is also an extremely generous person that has a sincere interest in helping the photographic community. As a new photographer, he could have easily brushed me off, but he engaged me with humor and respect and has helped me to become a better photographer. Meeting Marcelle here has reinvigorated me to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Thanks for being a flickr friend and for being the person you are."
August 28th, 2009
"I have only known you for a bit, but your photography, creativity, and humor have inspired me. I don't write very many testimonials.. but if there were one dream.. I would follow you around for days like a puppy dog to learn your secrets. You ROCK.."
August 27th, 2009
"Light is magic, and Agent 47 knows how to play with it!
Arieseffects' work is one of the most creative I know.
Each time I see one of his photos, I just want to go out and starts shooting!
Thanks to inspire me everyday!"
August 17th, 2009
Droom Kleuren says:
"Marcelle's stream is a daily surprise! This guy puts so much time and effort into his photos and boy does it show off! I love the characters he portrays and the props he uses! So much humor and creativity, I'm a fan!"
August 20th, 2009
Black Rider Studios says:
"Mr Aries. has a tremendous talent. Packed with his weapons and his super quick camera he is able to project any image that his limitless creative mind can fabricate. I have become a huge fan of his stream and I hope to see more of his 365."
August 4th, 2009
"Marcelle is one of the most creative people on Flickr. His 365 is one of very favorites, because I truly never know what to expect. The time and effort he puts into each of his image is worth it, and it pays off. He is talented, and was making bad ass images even before he got a super fancy camera. :) I can't wait to see what he'll do next, or what kind of story his pictures will tell - but whatever it is, it will not only impress you but stick with you in your mind.
Loveeee your work."
July 25th, 2009
"If you're looking for humor, incredible lighting, mad props and brilliant photographic ideas, then you've come to the right place! Arieseffects's stream is the kickstart I need daily..lol :) Great work, buddy."
July 9th, 2009
- Marcelle Grizzelle
- March 2006
- Pasadena, Ca
- Simi Valley, Ca, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Systems Administrator, Photographer
- Grizzelle Photography
- mgrizzelle [at] yahoo.com