Pretty much a jack-of-all-trades as I've done a little bit of everything. Currently doing specialized, upper-level administrative work. Just completed my Certificate of Accomplishment in Electronic Pre-Press (web, Photoshop, DTP, etc.) as I find this sort of stuff fascinating.
Hobbies (in no particular order): computers; graphic design; photography; random art projects; flirting (badly); poi spinning; costuming; technical theater; renfaires; comic books; and action figures. Yes, I'm a bigger geek than "Weird Al's" White & Nerdy - just a lot cooler. ^.^
I have a serious weak-spot for the "geeky, bad grrls." As a kid, I kissed the Blarney Stone and seriously have the gift of gab; I'm smart-ass of the highest order and very snarky/witty/comical with my comments, observations, and responses - you have been warned!
A lot of my photography and design work revolves around form & function ranging from sensuality, myth, fantasy, nature, and architecture - mostly of a light-hearted nature but a little bit of dark stuff as well - so you'll never know what you'll find in my sets. *laughs* My main rule is that I won't post anything I'd be embarrassed to show my mother and/or family. With that in mind, I will post images/videos that I feel will entertain my viewers.
Cosplay photos: In terms of my cosplay photography, I loosely use the term for how I go about things is gonzo. Not the adult definition of the word but in the attitude of get in, frame the shot, take the shot, and move on. One of my personal annoyances is with photographers who monopolize a photo-set & models, and then bring in every piece of fancy equipment he/she owns (lenses, filters, lights, reflectors, diffusers, et al) to a location to get that "perfect" photo. I don't believe in doing this and strip things to their bare essentials and add in effects afterwards if I feel it will add to the mood of the picture or requested by the subject in my photos.
While I won't argue that some photographers get amazing photos by using these techniques, I'm of the opinion that it takes away from the spotaniety and fun of the moment. Cosplay is supposed to be fun and imaginative.
I'm also conversant (e.g., can get my ideas across) in French (Je parle le français avec l'accent de Belgique.) and American Sign Language. I also know a small bit (couple of words or phrases) of Italian, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, and Gaelic.
I currently have no plans for world domination. Trust me. :-D
Photo usage: For the record, I really don't mind people using my photos on different social media sites (e.g., Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, et al) and find it quite humbling and flattering that people like my work well enough to re-post it somewhere else. However, all of my work is under a Creative Commons copyright. What that means: if you use something of mine, you have to provide a link back to the source or provide credit to me. Sounds fair, yes?
The Creative Commons license I use prohibits derivative & commercial usage. In plain language, you can't change my images nor use them for something that makes money without contacting me first. Had a recent issue with a jerk who re-purposed one of my images without permission nor provided credit to me and I had to (unfortunately) involve the DCMA to have the image(s) removed. It sucked having to do this but this person did not play nice nor by the rules and needed to be smacked for this.
Sorry for being a a bit of hard-ass on this. It's for both my and the subject of my photos protection.
visited 27 states (54%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Like this? try: Triposo Travelhacks
visited 10 states (4.44%)Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische vertaling duits?
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 10,003 photos, 432 members
- Katsucon 20 2014 652 photos, 19 members
- Animal Closeups 238,770 photos, 12,918 members
- ALL CATS ALLOWED!!! 247,075 photos, 18,983 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 132,597 photos, 6,025 members
- Macro for all 24,754 photos, 1,388 members
- ★ Macro - Up Close and Personal ★ 172,523 photos, 9,544 members
- Ivory Art 420 photos, 58 members
- Serious Raw Beauty 53 photos, 17 members
- Neo-Nostalgia 2,684 photos, 185 members
- Halloween Makes Me Happy 196 photos, 56 members
- HALLOWEEN WORLDWIDE 32,513 photos, 6,315 members
- Autumn / Fall Colors and Themes 56,502 photos, 5,728 members
- Autumn Anywhere 30,402 photos, 2,884 members
- Lego Outdoors 6,646 photos, 713 members
- Candid Costumed Moments 539 photos, 75 members
- DragonCon 2013 9,569 photos, 132 members
- DragonCon 2013 Pictures 4,627 photos, 44 members
- Ring Flash Macro 593 photos, 112 members
- Neewer Macro Ring Flash/Light 108 photos, 35 members
- Otakon 2013 575 photos, 13 members
- B&W 3,527,227 photos, 172,896 members
- Black and White 5,869,878 photos, 283,836 members
- Gems, Rocks, and Minerals 2,878 photos, 137 members
- Jewelry in Museums 485 photos, 115 members
- moon and sky photographs 25,737 photos, 3,668 members
- Sky @ Night 8,579 photos, 757 members
- *Animal Photography* 471,509 photos, 22,523 members
- Aesthetic Alliance ( Invitation Only ) 11,397 photos, 1,127 members
- Gaming Universe 536 photos, 64 members
- Alaska The 49th State 9,171 photos, 363 members
- Alaska! 64,295 photos, 3,412 members
- Alaska Shutterbugz 26,257 photos, 1,127 members
- Seattle 153,280 photos, 7,669 members
- Seattle Center 5,398 photos, 794 members
- Seattle, Washington 7,929 photos, 377 members
- Awesome Con D.C. (2013) 10 photos, 1 member
- What's Blooming in Smithsonian Gardens 438 photos, 37 members
- Unusual and Trick Photography 343 photos, 63 members
- Low light photography 131,693 photos, 7,250 members
- Night Time and Low Light 63,362 photos, 4,616 members
- Circus Photography 15,196 photos, 1,683 members
- Acrobats 2,654 photos, 462 members
- The Greatest Show on Earth 1,900 photos, 113 members
- Flickr Big Cats 92,413 photos, 10,461 members
- Katsucon 19 2013 1,631 photos, 23 members
- Wild Cat World 8,194 photos, 873 members
- Tout sur la grenouille 633 photos, 37 members
- Universal Studios Theme Parks 713 photos, 72 members
- Marvel Universe 2,624 photos, 189 members
greyloch doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- born in Baltimore, MD - live outside of Washington, DC
- Washington, DC, area, U.S.A.
- I am:
- Da Man!