Pretty much a jack-of-all-trades as I've done a little bit of everything. Currently doing specialized administrative work. I have a Certificate of Accomplishment in Electronic Pre-Press (web, Photoshop, DTP, etc.) as I find this sort of stuff fascinating. Finally got off of my butt and completed an A.A. academics program (did the last 14 credits in a year while working full-time).
Hobbies (in no particular order): computers; graphic design; photography; random art projects; flirting (badly); poi spinning; costuming; technical theater; renfaires; comic books; and action figures. Yes, I'm a bigger geek than "Weird Al's" White & Nerdy - just a lot cooler. ^.^
I have a serious weak-spot for the "geeky, bad grrls." As a kid, I kissed the Blarney Stone and seriously have the gift of gab; I'm smart-ass of the highest order and very snarky/witty/comical with my comments, observations, and responses - you have been warned!
A lot of my photography and design work revolves around form & function ranging from sensuality, myth, fantasy, nature, and architecture - mostly of a light-hearted nature but a little bit of dark stuff as well - so you'll never know what you'll find in my sets. *laughs* My main rule is that I won't post anything I'd be embarrassed to show my mother and/or family. With that in mind, I will post images/videos that I feel will entertain my viewers.
Cosplay photos: In terms of my cosplay photography, I loosely use the term for how I go about things is gonzo. Not in the adult definition of the word (there is a studio called "Gonzo Productions" which creates quasi-realistic adult media) but in the attitude of get in, frame the shot, take the shot, have a bit of fun, and move on. One of my personal annoyances is photographers who monopolize a photo-set & models, and then bring in every piece of fancy equipment he/she owns (lenses, filters, lights, reflectors, diffusers, et al) to a location to get that "perfect" photo. I don't believe in doing this - unless everything is in a studio or completely controlled area - and strip things down and add in effects afterwards if I feel it will add to the mood of the picture or requested by the subject in my photos.
While I won't argue that some photographers get amazing photos by using advanced gear, I'm of the opinion that it takes away from the spontaneity and fun of the moment. Cosplay is supposed to be fun and imaginative.
If anyone is curious, I generally convert my photographic images (from November 2015 forward) to ColorMatch RGB. For me, it's a great compromise between the gamut (range) of colors Adobe RGB 1998 uses (1998 is when a new color gamut standard was decided upon, sRBG1966 was internationally decided upon in 1966 as a range of colors used for print from the previous 1931 profile), what my computer monitor sees, and how accurately it prints out. For anyone wanting to get serious about taking their digital art or photography to the next level, I highly recommend learning a bit about color theory and color management's profiles. You will be amazed at how much different things look when you move away from the standard sRGB1966 color management profile.
I'm also conversant (e.g., can get my ideas across) in French (Je parle le français avec l'accent de Belgique.) and American Sign Language. I also know a small bit (couple of words or phrases) of Italian, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, and Gaelic.
I currently have no plans for world domination. Trust me. :-D
Photo usage: For the record, I really don't mind people using my photos on different social media sites (e.g., Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, et al) and find it quite humbling and flattering that people like my work well enough to re-post it somewhere else. However, all of my work is under a Creative Commons copyright. What that means: if you use something of mine, you have to provide a link back to the source or provide credit to me. Sounds fair, yes?
The Creative Commons license I use prohibits derivative & commercial usage. In plain language, you can't change my images nor use them for something that makes money without contacting me first. Had a recent issue with a jerk who re-purposed one of my images without permission nor provided credit to me and I had to (unfortunately) involve the DCMA to have the image(s) removed. It sucked having to do this but this person did not play nice nor by the rules and needed to be smacked for this.
Sorry for being a a bit of hard-ass on this. It's for both my and the subject of my photos protection.
visited 27 states (54%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Like this? try: Triposo Travelhacks
visited 10 states (4.44%)Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische vertaling duits?
- All Free Pictures 27,639 photos, 2,239 members
- DragonCon 2016 7,809 photos, 111 members
- Otakon 2016 101 photos, 3 members
- Canon EF50mm f/1.8 STM 5,968 photos, 604 members
- Greater and Lesser Washington 20,964 photos, 687 members
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 14,310 photos, 2,509 members
- CanonT6S &T6I users 6,457 photos, 113 members
- Canon T6i / T6s (750d / 760d) 20,057 photos, 820 members
- Horror Toys 6,012 photos, 344 members
- Life in Plastic 152,037 photos, 2,793 members
- Toys of Awesomness 13,771 photos, 185 members
- ACTION FIGURE 87,246 photos, 1,995 members
- Toys Aren't Just For Kids :) 11,099 photos, 251 members
- Get Your Geek On! 16,126 photos, 988 members
- nerds 1,254 photos, 241 members
- Cosplay Geek 66,468 photos, 497 members
- Geek Things 546 photos, 74 members
- The Flickr Underground 122,111 photos, 3,281 members
- Paleontology 4,877 photos, 676 members
- The Dinosaurs 2,501 photos, 305 members
- Architecture, Landscape and Cities images / Archiref.com 65,292 photos, 2,729 members
- Architecture Unlimited 64,025 photos, 5,613 members
- The Blue Jay, Cyanocitta cristata 1,576 photos, 135 members
- Geai Bleu / Blue jay 253 photos, 47 members
- Blue Jays 6,012 photos, 708 members
- NEAQ - New England Aquarium 360 photos, 63 members
- National Aquarium 6,184 photos, 914 members
- Vancouver Aquarium 2,612 photos, 415 members
- Shedd Aquarium Chicago 4,696 photos, 654 members
- Aquariums Of The World 2,054 photos, 170 members
- Chicago 40,398 photos, 1,724 members
- I love Chicago 25,538 photos, 696 members
- Art Institute of Chicago 4,861 photos, 438 members
- Reliefs and Bas-reliefs 7,995 photos, 343 members
- Antique Museum 170 photos, 56 members
- World Art Museum 2,093 photos, 110 members
- The Field Museum 2,046 photos, 384 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 258,122 photos, 7,838 members
- Katsucon 22 2016 336 photos, 8 members
- Best 5000 Free Pictures 5,311 photos, 946 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,216 photos, 43,770 members
- Panoramic of the world 1,255 photos, 55 members
- Pasted Panoramic 3,385 photos, 324 members
- panorama ( panoramic image's ) 36,623 photos, 2,340 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 643,878 photos, 24,048 members
- IPhone in your hands! 38,586 photos, 3,260 members
- iPhone 3G & 3GS & 4 & 4S PHOTOS 126,617 photos, 7,937 members
- Disney Villains 4,737 photos, 498 members
- Disney Princesses 21,753 photos, 1,201 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,555,694 photos, 59,569 members
greyloch doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- born in Baltimore, MD - live outside of Washington, DC
- Washington, DC, area, U.S.A.
- I am:
- Male and Open
- Da Man!