My Googlemaps feed
First and foremost, I'm a glad dad, a happy husband, and a newly-hatched empty-nester. I love my family and love to do fun stuff with them.
I've lived in Colorado all my life except for about a half year in Spain after college. I love the mountains and everything about them and all the great stuff you can do in them. Someday I want to live by the ocean at least for awhile. If surfing's as fun as snowboarding, I may stay.
I work hard. I've been fortunate to like every job I've had except that week at Burger King when I was 18. My weird educational and career path somehow came together well.
I love music of all sorts. I was the cool dad (AKA "what the hell is that stupid old #$&!er doing!?") in the mosh pit with my teenaged sons. I was forced to stop moshing when I busted a hip tripping over Johnny Rotten's walker at the Dead Kennedys' reunion tour. OK, I'm lying about that last part. But I am the dopey bastid in the car next to you singing at the top of his lungs.
I love photography. I see photos I should take everywhere I look, and would take 100 times as many if I didn't have a business to run and an annoyed wife.
I'm having a great time at Flickr and immensely enjoying poking around in your photos!
Haven't been to but must visit: Chile, Argentina, Costa Rica, Brazil, Turkey, Greece, Sweden, UK, Kenya, Thailand, Tibet, Oz, New Zealand
create your own visited states map / create your own visited countries map
I founded what may be Flickr's most important and world-changing group - the Insanely Large Ice Cream group. Please post your photos of... well... insanely large ice cream there!
Photos of gregor_y (2)
- Jakes_World Memorial Group 4 photos, 12 members
- Clubhouse 2,365 photos, 33 members
- Fast Fictions 172 photos, 10 members
- Movember 224 photos, 119 members
- Colorado abandoned, neglected, dejected, rusted, busted and sexy 2,745 photos, 139 members
- My Childhood Wheels. 35 photos, 8 members
- Quantum Selection 1 photo, 9 members
- Big Game Hunters 271 photos, 63 members
- Outdoor Portraits and Candids 2,357 photos, 257 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 1,633 photos, 540 members
- Stick Figures in Peril 25,903 photos, 19,687 members
- It's Not The Tools... 16,061 photos, 1,138 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,350 members
- Colorado Official 21,279 photos, 684 members
- Worldbooks 6,615 photos, 314 members
- Binocam Torture 18 photos, 5 members
- Impossible flags 4,878 photos, 275 members
- DBOLRL: Almost 248 photos, 18 members
- Old men are beautiful 11,900 photos, 1,477 members
- Its Wintertime 742 photos, 50 members
- Set lists 2,211 photos, 205 members
- The Best Winter Captures ♥ 5,828 photos, 691 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 18,430 photos, 3,712 members
- cellphone photo & art!!!! 64,614 photos, 1,850 members
- The Museum of Found Photographs 84,219 photos, 2,487 members
- Found Photographs 60,029 photos, 3,293 members
- Disposable Camera Project 4,722 photos, 599 members
- LoFi Reproduction 46 photos, 9 members
- Mountain Majesty 9,101 photos, 488 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,651 members
- Safety Conscious 132 photos, 37 members
- Digital lo-fi 1,040 photos, 170 members
- Through the car window 648 photos, 131 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,635,932 photos, 83,139 members
- game of meh 867 photos, 150 members
- Edible Filters 3 photos, 6 members
- We don't need no stinkin' scanner 501 photos, 88 members
- The Stupid Hair Club 170 photos, 89 members
- Lartiguery 233 photos, 29 members
- ! Evergreen Colorado *Post 1/Comment 1+* 444 photos, 38 members
- Great Photo shame about the Camera 392 photos, 67 members
- Punx 2,757 photos, 153 members
- Blown Out 1,344 photos, 110 members
- Youth Are United! 23,053 photos, 2,137 members
- Scan Lines 196 photos, 30 members
- Amazing Cameraphone Images 1,601 photos, 124 members
- lofi Camcorders 108 photos, 41 members
- Swings and Roundabouts 363 photos, 140 members
- i hate the Lord_of_the_Flies 50 photos, 25 members
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science 547 photos, 127 members
Eli the Bearded says:
"I heartily endorse this product or service."
December 5th, 2009
"ggy is like daniel boon except instead of a 'coon hat and moose rifle he wanders the mountains with a loaded VQ and a 'coon style beard. and he bags some amazing quarry too - rocky mountain high!"
December 4th, 2009
"I was free of DBLOLRB until he dragged me back that day in San Francisco; resoundingly imaginary until we can confirm his reality;
A top bloke for a septic as my people say.
He has a Treo like mine and his photos are awesome"
August 4th, 2009
cookie poppets says:
"Other than ghostbore (that freak you see below me), georgina is the only person I'd allow to touch my Che-ez Tinio. He's not very good with names, though - I fear he may be dyslexic. I forgive him these things because he throws a mean scan line and is a fellow connoisseur of the darker image."
April 5th, 2009
kiss kiss bang bang says:
"gregor_y is worth much more than I paid. I am quite impressed with his level of customer service. gregor_y is the real deal!"
April 3rd, 2009
"You know in the movies, when the guy gets out the slideshow reel of his vacation? If Greg ever did that, I wouldn't groan, I'd get out the popcorn and the milkduds; because his pictures are even better than the reruns of the A-team I haven't seen yet."
April 1st, 2009
"taking organics to new heights.. since 1950"
August 15th, 2008
that's MR. POPLABS says:
"Anyone who can come up with the quote
"Please post your photos of frozen dessert treats larger than your head."
deserves to be testimonied.
So there you are and this is that."
August 2nd, 2008
"Former English teachers usually wind up in the evening news for reasons that need no explaining here. I mean, who would have believed that Gordon Sumner would be worshipped as a rock god after sitting in his study hall? Who would have believed that Dawn Kruber and I could have grown marijuana in our senior English teacher's potted plants sitting on the window ledge? Who among you can explain dangling modifiers? Gerunds? Quick! Diagram this sentence and tell me you know something! Now drop and give me twenty! Twenty big fat juicy steaks from Colorado cows, and maybe a Colorado Kool Aid to finish it off.
Anyway, I'm pleased that Greg joined our insane little clique. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that his wife will trade cameraphones with him, as that LG is devine. I'm also happy to get the father vote from time to time."
July 28th, 2008
"Greg is a total enigma. I think . Actually I have no clue what that means but it sounded exotic. NO , not EROTIC, you people!!. Me and the kidz really like him though. And that should mean a lot. He's a super husband, father, and friend. Good lord, the man still goes to head-banger and Alternative-Rock concerts!!! *GGY ROCKS!*
And yes, he takes really cool photos, too.. but that is the least of his attraction!"
July 25th, 2008
Mr SUBSONIX™ says:
"I bet Greggy gets called the "best dad ever" all the time, and why wouldn't he? He snowboards, goes to rock concerts, has a successful career. If I didn't have a dad, which I do, but If I didn't, that's what I'm saying, I'd have Greggy adopt me. I'd be his adopted son, and he'd be my adopted father, and we could snowboard, and go to rock concerts, and take low res photos together....."
July 24th, 2008
this dude rocks.
March 19th, 2008
"First of all, I love Gregor's profile writeup. He says it all, right there.
Second, he and his family live in Fort Collins, my favorite place in the universe.
Third, Gregor takes and posts great photos of Colorado, especially the mountains.
Keep 'em coming, Gregor! I love them."
December 20th, 2005
- Greg Younger
- April 2005
- Evergreen, Colorado. USA
- Fort Collins, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Learning and Development Professional
- Online Training for the Workplace!