My Googlemaps feed
First and foremost, I'm a glad dad, a happy husband, and a newly-hatched empty-nester. I love my family and love to do fun stuff with them.
I've lived in Colorado all my life except for about a half year in Spain after college. I love the mountains and everything about them and all the great stuff you can do in them. Someday I want to live by the ocean at least for awhile. If surfing's as fun as snowboarding, I may stay.
I work hard. I've been fortunate to like every job I've had except that week at Burger King when I was 18. My weird educational and career path somehow came together well.
I love music of all sorts. I was the cool dad (AKA "what the hell is that stupid old #$&!er doing!?") in the mosh pit with my teenaged sons. I was forced to stop moshing when I busted a hip tripping over Johnny Rotten's walker at the Dead Kennedys' reunion tour. OK, I'm lying about that last part. But I am the dopey bastid in the car next to you singing at the top of his lungs.
I love photography. I see photos I should take everywhere I look, and would take 100 times as many if I didn't have a business to run and an annoyed wife.
I'm having a great time at Flickr and immensely enjoying poking around in your photos!
Haven't been to but must visit: Chile, Argentina, Costa Rica, Brazil, Turkey, Greece, Sweden, UK, Kenya, Thailand, Tibet, Oz, New Zealand
create your own visited states map / create your own visited countries map
I founded what may be Flickr's most important and world-changing group - the Insanely Large Ice Cream group. Please post your photos of... well... insanely large ice cream there!
Photos of gregor_y (2)
- Jakes_World Memorial Group 4 photos, 12 members
- Clubhouse 2,356 photos, 33 members
- Fast Fictions 185 photos, 10 members
- Movember 243 photos, 123 members
- Colorado abandoned, neglected, dejected, rusted, busted and sexy 2,824 photos, 141 members
- My Childhood Wheels. 35 photos, 8 members
- Quantum Selection 1 photo, 9 members
- Big Game Hunters 365 photos, 75 members
- Outdoor Portraits and Candids 2,702 photos, 287 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 1,798 photos, 556 members
- Stick Figures in Peril 26,344 photos, 20,536 members
- It's Not The Tools... 16,791 photos, 1,142 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,301 members
- Colorado Official 27,679 photos, 776 members
- Worldbooks 6,988 photos, 317 members
- Binocam Torture 18 photos, 5 members
- Impossible flags 4,770 photos, 276 members
- DBOLRL: Almost 246 photos, 18 members
- Old men are beautiful 13,223 photos, 1,561 members
- Its Wintertime 957 photos, 62 members
- Set lists 2,568 photos, 206 members
- The Best Winter Captures ♥ 7,286 photos, 770 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 22,906 photos, 4,133 members
- cellphone photo & art!!!! 68,641 photos, 1,886 members
- The Museum of Found Photographs 94,863 photos, 2,609 members
- Found Photographs 67,742 photos, 3,383 members
- Disposable Camera Project 5,300 photos, 686 members
- LoFi Reproduction 46 photos, 8 members
- Mountain Majesty 11,745 photos, 566 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,535 members
- Safety Conscious 319 photos, 41 members
- Digital lo-fi 1,038 photos, 167 members
- Through the car window 752 photos, 135 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,886,895 photos, 85,752 members
- game of meh 840 photos, 150 members
- Edible Filters 3 photos, 6 members
- We don't need no stinkin' scanner 500 photos, 89 members
- The Stupid Hair Club 165 photos, 92 members
- Lartiguery 237 photos, 29 members
- ! Evergreen Colorado *Post 1/Comment 1+* 381 photos, 40 members
- Great Photo shame about the Camera 389 photos, 66 members
- Punx 2,811 photos, 157 members
- Blown Out 1,256 photos, 114 members
- Youth Are United! 25,006 photos, 2,144 members
- Scan Lines 192 photos, 30 members
- Amazing Cameraphone Images 1,597 photos, 124 members
- lofi Camcorders 108 photos, 41 members
- Swings and Roundabouts 362 photos, 141 members
- i hate the Lord_of_the_Flies 50 photos, 25 members
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science 540 photos, 129 members
Eli the Bearded says:
"I heartily endorse this product or service."
December 5th, 2009
"ggy is like daniel boon except instead of a 'coon hat and moose rifle he wanders the mountains with a loaded VQ and a 'coon style beard. and he bags some amazing quarry too - rocky mountain high!"
December 4th, 2009
"I was free of DBLOLRB until he dragged me back that day in San Francisco; resoundingly imaginary until we can confirm his reality;
A top bloke for a septic as my people say.
He has a Treo like mine and his photos are awesome"
August 4th, 2009
cookie poppets says:
"Other than ghostbore (that freak you see below me), georgina is the only person I'd allow to touch my Che-ez Tinio. He's not very good with names, though - I fear he may be dyslexic. I forgive him these things because he throws a mean scan line and is a fellow connoisseur of the darker image."
April 5th, 2009
kiss kiss bang bang says:
"gregor_y is worth much more than I paid. I am quite impressed with his level of customer service. gregor_y is the real deal!"
April 3rd, 2009
"You know in the movies, when the guy gets out the slideshow reel of his vacation? If Greg ever did that, I wouldn't groan, I'd get out the popcorn and the milkduds; because his pictures are even better than the reruns of the A-team I haven't seen yet."
April 1st, 2009
"taking organics to new heights.. since 1950"
August 15th, 2008
that's MR. POPLABS says:
"Anyone who can come up with the quote
"Please post your photos of frozen dessert treats larger than your head."
deserves to be testimonied.
So there you are and this is that."
August 2nd, 2008
"Former English teachers usually wind up in the evening news for reasons that need no explaining here. I mean, who would have believed that Gordon Sumner would be worshipped as a rock god after sitting in his study hall? Who would have believed that Dawn Kruber and I could have grown marijuana in our senior English teacher's potted plants sitting on the window ledge? Who among you can explain dangling modifiers? Gerunds? Quick! Diagram this sentence and tell me you know something! Now drop and give me twenty! Twenty big fat juicy steaks from Colorado cows, and maybe a Colorado Kool Aid to finish it off.
Anyway, I'm pleased that Greg joined our insane little clique. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that his wife will trade cameraphones with him, as that LG is devine. I'm also happy to get the father vote from time to time."
July 28th, 2008
"Greg is a total enigma. I think . Actually I have no clue what that means but it sounded exotic. NO , not EROTIC, you people!!. Me and the kidz really like him though. And that should mean a lot. He's a super husband, father, and friend. Good lord, the man still goes to head-banger and Alternative-Rock concerts!!! *GGY ROCKS!*
And yes, he takes really cool photos, too.. but that is the least of his attraction!"
July 25th, 2008
Mr SUBSONIX™ says:
"I bet Greggy gets called the "best dad ever" all the time, and why wouldn't he? He snowboards, goes to rock concerts, has a successful career. If I didn't have a dad, which I do, but If I didn't, that's what I'm saying, I'd have Greggy adopt me. I'd be his adopted son, and he'd be my adopted father, and we could snowboard, and go to rock concerts, and take low res photos together....."
July 24th, 2008
this dude rocks.
March 19th, 2008
"First of all, I love Gregor's profile writeup. He says it all, right there.
Second, he and his family live in Fort Collins, my favorite place in the universe.
Third, Gregor takes and posts great photos of Colorado, especially the mountains.
Keep 'em coming, Gregor! I love them."
December 20th, 2005
- Greg Younger
- April 2005
- Evergreen, Colorado. USA
- Fort Collins, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Learning and Development Professional
- Online Training for the Workplace!