My name is Grant and I am a Christian.pastor.husband.father.son.newbie photographer. I love to take picture because it makes me slow down and look around and look at life from different angles (something we all should do!).
Photos of Grant MacDonald (4)
- I am flickr! 232,897 photos, 4,106 members
- ~New Envy of Flickr!~ POST 1 AWARD 2 PLEASE!!!! 87,989 photos, 9,607 members
- Classic & Antique Cars 5,002 photos, 216 members
- in explore 495,727 photos, 45,653 members
- Metallic Objects~Admin Invite Only! Post 1 - Comment 1 80,827 photos, 2,420 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 40,349 photos, 1,271 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 398,841 photos, 11,897 members
- artistic b&w ► level 1 ◄ post 1, award on 3 - sweeper on- 10,399 photos, 750 members
- Samsung Mobile Photography 19,362 photos, 1,325 members
- BULL'S EYE ( post 1 - throw 3 Darts) SPRING CONTEST - open! 99,578 photos, 5,292 members
- Show off your country! 2,531 photos, 81 members
- Rural Decay 212,130 photos, 39,899 members
- as beautiful as you want 913,348 photos, 13,618 members
- Photo Infos 144,907 photos, 4,281 members
- bokeh 204,297 photos, 55,465 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a3) 467,638 photos, 40,294 members
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 1 Please Award 3 354,917 photos, 11,633 members
- Funny 93,561 photos, 8,302 members
- OH NO, NOT ANOTHER FLOWER! (AWARD 3) 27,448 photos, 1,966 members
- Exquisite Flowers [ Post 1 - Awards 2 ] 22,763 photos, 1,247 members
- Ontario Travel 2,791 photos, 185 members
- Tornado relief 9,181 photos, 627 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 414,040 photos, 105,928 members
- Chapeau! (invited only) 42,986 photos, 3,578 members
- Camera Nuts 18,030 photos, 557 members
- PHOTOTALKGROUP[High Quality Images] 4,029 photos, 545 members
- Arizona Discovery 74,628 photos, 2,901 members
- Super Perfect Photographer Group (OPEN) 3,136 photos, 1,588 members
- Nodding Violet Photoshop Actions 126 photos, 50 members
- The JURORS / Different Personalities, Different Views (Closed) 6,280 photos, 3,681 members
- Arizona Wonders (up to 3 in a row) 97,194 photos, 10,237 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,825,283 photos, 96,304 members
- Sky As A Canvas ~ ~ ~ 107,569 photos, 8,756 members
- artland 859,333 photos, 38,443 members
- B&W Elite ( HQ ) - Invited Only 2,762 photos, 750 members
- Cars from the Past: Classic Cars 592,675 photos, 15,785 members
- Olympus E-30 34,389 photos, 732 members
- Photographic Excellence (Post 1 Award 1) 48,051 photos, 3,486 members
- In the Alley 458 photos, 83 members
- flickr SILVER 30,415 photos, 1,257 members
- NATURE ♥ unlimited ♥ (Public Group Forever) 261,877 photos, 5,811 members
- Vivid Masters 3,052 photos, 1,157 members
- Peterborough ON 7,528 photos, 232 members
- Montijo Verde e Amarelo / Montijo Green and Yellow 9,654 photos, 2,380 members
- -Moody&Spooky- * Post 2, Comment 1 * 16,089 photos, 1,657 members
- How Did You Do That 23,437 photos, 1,076 members
- La bellezza della Natura - Nature's Beauty 27,775 photos, 1,928 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 71,185 photos, 2,340 members
- Ontario Canada Farms 7,151 photos, 427 members
- Fictitious Reality 35th Exhibition-ps70 returning slowly 19 photos, 393 members
Misty DawnS says:
"I have had the wonderful pleasure of enjoying Grant as a Flickr friend for almost FOUR years... almost as long as I've been on Flickr! In those four years of experience, I can honestly say, without a doubt, that he is one of the most genuine, encouraging, and caring Flickr friends I have. There have been many times when my confidence was low, and Grant swooped in with one of his supportive and praising comments, which truly gave me a needed boost and encouraged me to keep at it. Without even knowing it, he has helped me believe in myself when I wasn't. For that, I will always be thankful.
Not only does Grant have a generous and caring heart, he also has a wonderful talent in photography. His photographs show the beauty he sees in everything around him. It's always a joy to "follow along" with Grant to see the beauty that he finds each day.
Thank you, Grant... for being you!"
March 18th, 2011
"Grant is a true blue FLICKR friend. He can be counted on to comment truthfully."
July 27th, 2009
"Grant is a wonderful flickr friend. In his photos he captures enchanting scenes and phenomenal colors. His shots vary in subject matter, but the quality is always terrific. I love to view his photostream to see what new masterpieces he has created. I also look forward to his thoughtful comments.
I am very glad to have met Grant on flickr, and I look forward to many gorgeous photos from him."
July 21st, 2009
John Glass says:
"Grant has a great creative photographic gift. He is well able to see the 'big picture' but also has the capacity to draw the very best from what he sees around him."
July 21st, 2009
"Huge range of subject matter, astounding and beautifully shot. Grant has a great flare for sharing his minds eye view as we are drawn in and zoomed out to a spectacular range of sharp, crisp well balanced photos which are both pleasing to the eye as well as thought provoking.
Thanks you Grant sharing your enjoyable works."
May 16th, 2009
"Grant's photos are one that I can spot out of all the photos on the page, but you just never know what he will be shooting that day! He has been one my Flickr friends from almost the my beginning, and has given encouraging advice when I needed it. Thanks Grant!"
March 12th, 2009
"J' apprécie énormément la qualité de tes créations, c' est un Bonheur pour les Yeux, Félicitations.
I appreciate enormously the quality of your creations, it is a pleasure for the eyes, Congratulations.
New gallery Flickr following the link: www.flickr.com/ph..."
January 28th, 2009
"Grant has been a Flickr friend for a long time. What I love about Grant's stream, and what keeps me coming back, is that he is a whiz at everything he touches. Whether it is flowers, people, buildings, or even macro he manages to capture a moment in time. His HDR work is incredible! He inspires me with his creativity and style. He is also a dear Flickr friend. Thank you Grant for sharing your talents with us. xxx"
December 29th, 2008
"The G-Mac. His photographs fill the hearts and minds of anyone that looks...GLANCES at his work. Very seldom do you get a slap/hug from a photograph. I can say without hesitation Grant has a superior keen eye that does just that. A stream that sinks into my brain to fill it with want........calm.....and displacement.
You've just been slap/hugged."
November 6th, 2008
"Grant's photostream is just divine!!! as soon as you start to browse you'll find that time has whipped by, you're finger will be sore from clickin the fav button, you'll be typing comments left, right & centre and by the time you're thru you'll end up with a numb bum lol.
Of course, all of this is a good thing because grant's images are just fabby. He's got such an excellent eye for photography and he see's the beauty in the simplest forms, traditional concepts and you can see how observant he is with each and every photo.
It's definitely a photostream that you do NOT want to miss out on, so stop reading this and dive in!! you'll not be disappointed!!
Keep up the good work grant, i look fwd to seeing more of your wonderful images."
April 11th, 2008
"Grant has the look. His photos are amazing. It is worthwhile to browse in his collection. And he is a loyal friend. Nice to meet you here, Grant."
April 4th, 2008
Faith Alexandra says:
"Grant has a great eye for different shots that nobody has taken before. He captures anything and everything beautifully. His knowledge of photography and editing is great and he's always there to offer encouragement, and tell you what he thinks would look better/worse and gives you his honesty. A wonderful friend who I've known most of my life. Keep up the fantastic work Grant!"
March 30th, 2008
"Grant has been the one constant since my humble beginnings on Flickr just over a year ago. Not only does he have one of the sharpest eyes in the photography world, he shares his wealth of knowledge with some many. Grant offers support and encouragement at every turn.....a true friend!"
February 28th, 2008
"I've known Grant since the Fuji S5200 days. I've seen him grow as a photographer over the last year with his inheritance of my ex E-500. He is gifted, moreso than he thinks I believe. Definately one of the nicer folks on Flickr, always comments and awards freely. I am lucky to have Grant as one of my cherished Flickr contacts."
January 6th, 2008
RLJ Photography NYC says:
"From Within Minutes of browsing this wonderful collection of photographs it was clear to me that a deep wonderful soul is within this magnificent artist and photographer. He is without a doubt head and shoulders above the rest. I aspire to be able to create beautiful images like this....Incredible....Take some time and enjoy this beautiful stream, you won't regret it...!!!!"
December 7th, 2007
"All the nice things said here about jgrantmac's shooting are true.... but I would just like to add that he is a total sweetheart. So kind and considerate. He strips away my misanthropy every time I see him. I'm so glad he's here in the community."
November 29th, 2007
"I'm very proud of Jgrantmac, because he was one of the first photographers on Flicker's community who wrote comments on my photos.
He' s the one who can transform the four elements, water, fire, earth and air, into light, color, contrast and impressive captures.
Thank you for your genial photos."
September 29th, 2007
"I have to say JGrantMac is one of my favorite flickrites. What diverse and beautiful photos. I love his perspective and look forward to seeing what he shoots next."
April 28th, 2007
"Grant has a wonderful ability ... as he puts it, to slow down ... and in doing so he transforms his view of the world into something that we can all enjoy ...
I have to say that it is odd enjoying images of ice during the winter, but his skill is that good.
Keep up the excellent work ... can't wait to see more!"
January 27th, 2007
Jeff Holbrook says:
"What a wonderful eye he has! He has the ability to see details that most people would miss, and then adds great compositional skills and comes up with exceptional photographs.
He is also a very caring person. I am sure if I lived in his area I would be attending his church!
Spend some time browsing his photostream, folks! You'll be happy you did!!"
December 29th, 2006
"Grant may be new to photography but his skills are obvious for all to see. He has a great eye for a good photograph and he is not afraid to to take pictures that the rest of us take for granted. He has a great sence of 'form' and 'beauty' and he produces some fantastic photographs."
October 27th, 2006
- Grant MacDonald
- March 2006
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Grant's Graceland