Things that take my fancy, usually old things that managed to survive to this day or things that might change in the future. Lots of cars, objects, buildings and details of buildings. Those are easy as they usually don't move about so much.
For artistic, high quality photos you have to look somewhere else. I don't have the photographer's eye or the equipment for that.
I've used the following camera's:
-Olympus Trip 35 (from the age of nine until 15) Nice camera as it needs no battery whatsoever.
-Canon T70 (from the age of 15 until 35. The motor transport has broken down)
-Canon AE-1 (bought it cheaply second hand)
* Canon FD 50 mm F1.8
* Osawa 70-260 mm F4.5
* Tokina 25-50 mm F4.0
-HP Photosmart 735. After taking ten photographs, the batteries are depleted.)
-Nikon Coolpix 5700 (my own, bought it in 2006), now given away.
-Nikon D80 with 18-200 mm Nikkor zoom. Heavy compared to my other cameras. Broke down :-(
-CURRENT Nikon D90 & 5200 with
* 18-200 Nikon
* 11-16 F2.8 Tokina
-CURRENT Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10
-CURRENT Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro camera phone 5 MP
-Sony Ericsson K750i cameraphone 2 megapixels.
-Nokia 6131 cameraphone 1.3 megapixels.
-Throw-away Kodak camera (Zürich, Switzerland pictures)
After the changes at Flickr on May 20, 2013, I've suspended uploads to Flickr.
Now at Ipernity:
- Street_Metal 2,042 photos, 65 members
- ROM - Royal Ontario Museum 2,362 photos, 299 members
- TTC Streetcars 1,255 photos, 150 members
- ☞ Manicule 1,814 photos, 365 members
- World Field Hockey Flickr 25,292 photos, 502 members
- Carspotting 2016 27,951 photos, 161 members
- Bremen 20,645 photos, 1,296 members
- Bremen at Night 1,750 photos, 160 members
- Chats - Fenêtres 1,046 photos, 177 members
- Tram details 421 photos, 30 members
- Boats, Yachts And Ships 61,604 photos, 1,802 members
- Universiteit Leiden | Leiden University 605 photos, 57 members
- Leipzig Germany 5,141 photos, 227 members
- Snackbars van Nederland 116 photos, 17 members
- Typography and Lettering 181,310 photos, 29,233 members
- Leipzig 25,423 photos, 1,496 members
- Postage Stamps and Postmarks 9,311 photos, 183 members
- Treasures of the Ashmolean Museum 2,286 photos, 186 members
- Ashmolean Museum 1,104 photos, 101 members
- Manx Electric Railway 1,266 photos, 48 members
- Isle of Man Steam Railway 1,499 photos, 100 members
- Isle of Man Steam Packet Company 858 photos, 98 members
- Isle of Man / Mann 13,934 photos, 627 members
- ISLE OF MAN / ELLAN VANNIN 15,450 photos, 616 members
- Nike Air Max Classic BW 252 photos, 175 members
- NO THANK YOU, flickr !!! 1,005 photos, 110 members
- Keukenhof Bulbflower garden - Holland 8,249 photos, 704 members
- Dieselhouse 100 photos, 16 members
- Hortus botanicus Leiden 1,023 photos, 96 members
- Gapers Yawners 52 photos, 7 members
- ZEEUWS VLAANDEREN 6,325 photos, 221 members
- Eye on EYE 378 photos, 53 members
- Waiting For A Train 5,769 photos, 485 members
- European Cars with US-Specification 2,964 photos, 66 members
- Pootjesglas 190 photos, 9 members
- Art Nouveau Tiles 2,172 photos, 54 members
- Car Cats 610 photos, 87 members
- They are still out there 26,312 photos, 143 members
- Penfold Pillar Boxes 827 photos, 139 members
- BOURGOGNE - (CÔTE D'OR - NIEVRE - SAÔNE & LOIRE - YONNE) 18,557 photos, 627 members
- NS Plan T 460 photos, 40 members
- Dordt in Stoom 2008 166 photos, 5 members
- GINAF, TERBERG , trucks 420 photos, 64 members
- Classic Düwag trams 4,319 photos, 123 members
- InterClassics & TopMobiel Motor Show in Maastricht, Netherlands 1,634 photos, 11 members
- 3FM Serious Request 816 photos, 65 members
- PTT - TPG - TNT Post ; PostNL (Nederlandse Posterijen) 135 photos, 19 members
- Bertone cars 3,225 photos, 235 members
- 78 rpm 3,683 photos, 281 members
- gramophone - phonograph - record-player - radiogram etc. 3,739 photos, 397 members
"michiel is a classic example of the educated humanist commonsensical man and his photos reflect that now rare eye and sensibility. i am thrilled to have come across him."
July 25th, 2010
"You will find some very fine photographs amongst this unassuming mans eclectic collection, but don’t expect him to acknowledge his skill when you compliment his work, for he will simply attribute those beautiful, well constructed images to the excellence of his camera.
Beware of the impression he imparts as a serious, staid, and grave academic, for whilst extremely erudite, he is no dry humourless cipher, has a wicked sense of humour and a gift of repartee that is second to none.
In short enjoy his work, savour his wit and gain knowledge from his erudition … he really should have been born an Englishman!"
February 19th, 2010
"Best car photos on Flickr hands down! Thank you!"
August 22nd, 2007
- October 2005
- The Hague
- I am:
- Male and Single