A Museum for the Art of Gotham City's Streets.
The mission of the Gotham City Street Art Museum is to reach a wider populace by photo-documenting two-dimensional art as found on the streets of New York City. Street art serves as a means of creative expression for those who create it. This collection aspires to showcase the inherent beauty in their voices in order to facilitate the acceptance and appreciation of their diversity. In doing so, the museum effectively gives this expression a new context by facilitating its display on the internet, where it can be viewed and valued by a much more extensive audience.
On street /outdoors or in public spaces (ie. subway stations.)
In New York City.
Has a creative purpose.
Additional Websites to Check Out:
History of Grafitti
kings of new york
@149 St New York Graffiti
Ellis Gee's Myspace
New York Street Art News Articles:
'Street Art Way Below the Street.' The New York Times, October 31, 2010.
'Graffiti Girl.' Brooklyn Paper, October 13, 2007
- Fresh Paint NYC 920 photos, 33 members
- JA XTC 793 photos, 231 members
- Bronx Graffiti 3,022 photos, 252 members
- Subway Graffiti 283 photos, 379 members
- Queens Graffiti 1,731 photos, 86 members
- Brooklyn Graffiti 24,709 photos, 1,323 members
- Graffiti History (Graffiti 1999 & before only, pls!) 3,490 photos, 644 members
- NYC Graffiti Photographers 209 photos, 18 members
- Gotham City Street Art Museum 0 photos, 4 members
- Graffiti In the NYC 35,152 photos, 972 members
Gotham City Street Art Museum doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- September 2010