Hi - thanks for visiting.
For me photography has been a passion and a fascination ever since I could hold a camera: film, digital, creative, studio, travel, people, nature, reportage…..
I've been part of the Flickr community for over eight years. More than the images (and the stats, and Explore!!!) are the people. It's been great to make contact and share ideas and inspiration and to meet other photographers (virtually and in person) from across the world.
Please leave comments, or get in touch.
If you'd like to use ANY of my photographs for ANY purpose please let me know.
This is me - taken a few years ago by the wonderful CA*:
My Darckr page is here
You can get a quick overview of my photostream here.
You can see my "most interesting" images here
Easy links to slideshows:
My "most faved" images here (Have a look!)
Some of my images I really like here
Photos of Today is a good day (6)
- C is for... 31,254 photos, 3,375 members
- Tring parkrun 33 photos, 33 members
- Burj Dubai 1,219 photos, 294 members
- 798 1,841 photos, 277 members
- Beijing 798 Art Zone 826 photos, 190 members
- Best Photos of the World (Selected Images) 626 photos, 450 members
- Cool Music group 11,167 photos, 285 members
- Ski photography 4,723 photos, 957 members
- Skiing Pictures 2,246 photos, 224 members
- UAE BEST 17,402 photos, 4,137 members
- Dubai Mall 945 photos, 266 members
- Val d'Isere 924 photos, 69 members
- Talk Photography's Photo52 2012 727 photos, 70 members
- ✿ RED ✿ POPPY ✿ 4,008 photos, 1,015 members
- The Art of Photosynth 124 photos, 48 members
- Colouring Competition (New JUNE Template!!) 197 photos, 217 members
- Eden Project 8,063 photos, 951 members
- 10th anniversary of 9/11 453 photos, 237 members
- ICBT Sep 7th 0 photos, 1 member
- Alan Turing (1912 - 1954) 272 photos, 64 members
- Station X 717 photos, 75 members
- Bletchley Park Trust 5,575 photos, 288 members
- Candid & Street Photography UK and Ireland 21,432 photos, 273 members
- Hidden Journeys 2,737 photos, 222 members
- BBC Springwatch (Official) 435,718 photos, 28,525 members
- For Garnite! 564 photos, 136 members
- I AM NIKON 897,149 photos, 22,419 members
- Nature's Power 48,227 photos, 1,458 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 13,289 photos, 3,900 members
- iPhone Autostitch 3,420 photos, 491 members
- Autostitch (and other stitching software) 77,804 photos, 7,740 members
- Old Royal Naval College Greenwich 6,186 photos, 427 members
- Solar Eclipse 2011 168 photos, 88 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 79,055 photos, 8,935 members
- Solar Eclipse ------ ASTROPHILE&METEOROLOGY 2,227 photos, 418 members
- Science Museums of the World United 3,128 photos, 321 members
- NIKON speedlight SB600 - SB700- SB800 and SB 900 66,447 photos, 8,430 members
- in loving memory of imapix 131 photos, 148 members
- Magic Landscapes (Invite Only) Please P1/C2. 23,447 photos, 1,141 members
- just ferns... 7,433 photos, 1,785 members
- Instruction #1 341 photos, 1,470 members
- Ski Canada Now 164 photos, 48 members
- Furry Friday 41,517 photos, 1,882 members
- owl friday 483 photos, 180 members
- South Bank 6,644 photos, 520 members
- Londonist 320,886 photos, 7,668 members
- Greenwich Market 625 photos, 127 members
- Mantis Gallery 6,398 photos, 1,150 members
- UK - Wildlife & Nature 214,700 photos, 4,458 members
- alt. 23,931 photos, 963 members
"When you discover someone's stream you really like, you want to come back again and again, then you eagerly await new uploads, almost knowing what will come . What I enjoy here, is that you never know what you will find or quite where he has been. The photography is first class, amazing, with twists of the out of the ordinary. I love the nature shots abroad and home : The forests of Ashridge with captures of deer and bluebells that would make me tremble with excitement if they were my own, the images from Norway are breathtaking and in China he presents daily life scenes that have an editorial quality written all over them. His stunning lensbaby and windblown florals almost render me speechless. If that wasn't enough, he is the sweetest kindest gentleman, who will help if he can, and finds time to check out new streams and encourage others. Im happy to call him a special flickrfriend, hidden in his sets I find gems that Ive missed on previous visits. Sometimes you feel the need to browse for someone new and refreshing, but I dont know anyone who has such a diverse stream, who achieves his standard."
February 14th, 2008
"He has a heart of gold and an eye to die for (and he's even better at cliches than I am!)"
December 2nd, 2007
"Remember the name: Ken Douglas. You will be seeing it in lights one day.
Ken's photos are wide-ranging in subject and treatment. The popularity of his work is so very well deserved. For a special treat, just view a "slideshow" of one of his "Good Ones" collection. You will be astonished, impressed, and amazed. From the subtle to the sublime. . . to the daring and the impactual.
Ken also takes the time to visit and encourage other photographers. It's always a treat to have him come by my photostream."
June 22nd, 2007
Art Ascii says:
"Oor Ken is a high flyer here on Flickr.
He gets around a bit and always comes back with superb shots that really capture the spirit of the place that he had had the misfortune of being temporarily domiciled at.
Great photography - bright, bold, iconic, beautiful, engaging. He has the knack of finding the most excellent angle. He presents it here, thus illuminating and enriching our visual day.
A true image adventurer and explorer, whose stream it is a pleasure to behold.
PS he seems to like the birds too!"
December 24th, 2005
Jeff Clow says:
"Ken's photostream is varied, always interesting and often brilliant....and his talented photo "eye" catches things with his lens that others looking at the exact same scene would miss.
He also is an active member of the Flickr community who takes the time and effort to comment on hundreds of other people's efforts....and we're very fortunate to have his talent...and his kind and generous involvement here....
Truly a class act....!"
August 28th, 2005
"With one of the best names in flickr and a cheery icon to go with the name, it is always a pleasure to see a comment from Ken. He flits around the world like some mad hummingbird taking fantastic pictures of wherever he travels. Always varied, always interesting, a flick through Kens stream can turn a bad day into a good day... today!!"
August 20th, 2005
"Hmmm... I thought "today is a good day" meant for me, when I see he puts new pictures up!"
August 13th, 2005
"Today is a Good day... that pretty much sums up his philosophy on when's a good time to take pictures.
I am constantly amazed at the beauty and coolness of his photos. No matter where he goes (and boy, does he go places!), he returns with loads of mind-blowing photos to inspire creativity and envy."
August 2nd, 2005
- Ken Douglas
- April 2005
- Aberdeen, Scotland
- My website