Hi - thanks for visiting.
For me photography has been a passion and a fascination ever since I could hold a camera: film, digital, creative, studio, travel, people, nature, reportage…..
I've been part of the Flickr community for over eight years. More than the images (and the stats, and Explore!!!) are the people. It's been great to make contact and share ideas and inspiration and to meet other photographers (virtually and in person) from across the world.
Please leave comments, or get in touch.
If you'd like to use ANY of my photographs for ANY purpose please let me know.
This is me - taken a few years ago by the wonderful CA*:
My Darckr page is here
You can get a quick overview of my photostream here.
You can see my "most interesting" images here
Easy links to slideshows:
My "most faved" images here (Have a look!)
Some of my images I really like here
Photos of Today is a good day (6)
- Beer Snobs 859 photos, 784 members
- MOUNTAIN 90,325 photos, 8,981 members
- Tring parkrun 1,164 photos, 52 members
- Burj Dubai 1,296 photos, 313 members
- 798 1,880 photos, 284 members
- Beijing 798 Art Zone 809 photos, 191 members
- Best Photos of the World (Selected Images) 591 photos, 471 members
- Cool Music group 17,793 photos, 336 members
- Ski photography 6,624 photos, 1,190 members
- Skiing Pictures 2,339 photos, 253 members
- UAE BEST 19,681 photos, 4,246 members
- Dubai Mall 1,216 photos, 327 members
- Val d'Isere 935 photos, 74 members
- Talk Photography's Photo52 2012 687 photos, 67 members
- ✿ RED ✿ POPPY ✿ 4,701 photos, 1,132 members
- The Art of Photosynth 108 photos, 48 members
- Colouring Competition (New JUNE Template!!) 172 photos, 214 members
- Eden Project 8,509 photos, 978 members
- 10th anniversary of 9/11 434 photos, 237 members
- ICBT Sep 7th 0 photos, 1 member
- Alan Turing (1912 - 1954) 273 photos, 66 members
- Station X 728 photos, 79 members
- Bletchley Park Trust 5,704 photos, 303 members
- Candid & Street Photography UK and Ireland 27,691 photos, 371 members
- Hidden Journeys 3,168 photos, 226 members
- BBC Springwatch (Official) 540,678 photos, 31,974 members
- For Garnite! 596 photos, 135 members
- I AM NIKON 1,328,687 photos, 27,115 members
- Nature's Power . Play Fair ! Comment Please ;) 57,951 photos, 1,600 members
- Wind Turbines & Wind Farms 14,250 photos, 4,154 members
- iPhone Autostitch 3,212 photos, 490 members
- Autostitch (and other stitching software) 80,493 photos, 7,771 members
- Old Royal Naval College Greenwich 6,169 photos, 440 members
- Solar Eclipse 2011 179 photos, 88 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 102,775 photos, 10,160 members
- Solar Eclipse ------ ASTROPHILE&METEOROLOGY 2,526 photos, 434 members
- Science Museums of the World United 3,365 photos, 343 members
- NIKON speedlight SB600 - SB700- SB800 and SB 900 66,509 photos, 8,403 members
- in loving memory of imapix 133 photos, 147 members
- Magic Landscapes (Invite Only) Please P1/C2. 30,672 photos, 1,298 members
- just ferns... 8,036 photos, 1,876 members
- Instruction #1 336 photos, 1,450 members
- Ski Canada Now 163 photos, 49 members
- Furry Friday 40,220 photos, 1,868 members
- owl friday 493 photos, 184 members
- South Bank 6,768 photos, 543 members
- Londonist 375,448 photos, 8,220 members
- Greenwich Market 636 photos, 126 members
- Mantis Gallery 7,210 photos, 1,262 members
- UK - Wildlife & Nature 290,927 photos, 5,207 members
"When you discover someone's stream you really like, you want to come back again and again, then you eagerly await new uploads, almost knowing what will come . What I enjoy here, is that you never know what you will find or quite where he has been. The photography is first class, amazing, with twists of the out of the ordinary. I love the nature shots abroad and home : The forests of Ashridge with captures of deer and bluebells that would make me tremble with excitement if they were my own, the images from Norway are breathtaking and in China he presents daily life scenes that have an editorial quality written all over them. His stunning lensbaby and windblown florals almost render me speechless. If that wasn't enough, he is the sweetest kindest gentleman, who will help if he can, and finds time to check out new streams and encourage others. Im happy to call him a special flickrfriend, hidden in his sets I find gems that Ive missed on previous visits. Sometimes you feel the need to browse for someone new and refreshing, but I dont know anyone who has such a diverse stream, who achieves his standard."
February 14th, 2008
"He has a heart of gold and an eye to die for (and he's even better at cliches than I am!)"
December 2nd, 2007
"Remember the name: Ken Douglas. You will be seeing it in lights one day.
Ken's photos are wide-ranging in subject and treatment. The popularity of his work is so very well deserved. For a special treat, just view a "slideshow" of one of his "Good Ones" collection. You will be astonished, impressed, and amazed. From the subtle to the sublime. . . to the daring and the impactual.
Ken also takes the time to visit and encourage other photographers. It's always a treat to have him come by my photostream."
June 22nd, 2007
Art Ascii says:
"Oor Ken is a high flyer here on Flickr.
He gets around a bit and always comes back with superb shots that really capture the spirit of the place that he had had the misfortune of being temporarily domiciled at.
Great photography - bright, bold, iconic, beautiful, engaging. He has the knack of finding the most excellent angle. He presents it here, thus illuminating and enriching our visual day.
A true image adventurer and explorer, whose stream it is a pleasure to behold.
PS he seems to like the birds too!"
December 24th, 2005
Jeff Clow says:
"Ken's photostream is varied, always interesting and often brilliant....and his talented photo "eye" catches things with his lens that others looking at the exact same scene would miss.
He also is an active member of the Flickr community who takes the time and effort to comment on hundreds of other people's efforts....and we're very fortunate to have his talent...and his kind and generous involvement here....
Truly a class act....!"
August 28th, 2005
"With one of the best names in flickr and a cheery icon to go with the name, it is always a pleasure to see a comment from Ken. He flits around the world like some mad hummingbird taking fantastic pictures of wherever he travels. Always varied, always interesting, a flick through Kens stream can turn a bad day into a good day... today!!"
August 20th, 2005
"Hmmm... I thought "today is a good day" meant for me, when I see he puts new pictures up!"
August 13th, 2005
"Today is a Good day... that pretty much sums up his philosophy on when's a good time to take pictures.
I am constantly amazed at the beauty and coolness of his photos. No matter where he goes (and boy, does he go places!), he returns with loads of mind-blowing photos to inspire creativity and envy."
August 2nd, 2005
- Ken Douglas
- April 2005
- Aberdeen, Scotland
- My website