I'm an artist based in Vancouver, Canada, working in paper cutting, sculpture, and installation.
If you're interested in using one of my photos, please contact me at rkashe (at) gmail (dot) com or through my blog.
My professional portfolio: rachaelashe.com
Facbook page: www.facebook.com/rachaelashe.art
Some of my work can be purchased online through my etsy shop.
- The Work-in-Progress Society 6,051 photos, 742 members
- Foodists Trip 2012 267 photos, 8 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 29,516 photos, 1,393 members
- YAYOM Self-Portrait Adventurers 740 photos, 97 members
- Discover Paper 4,286 photos, 222 members
- cut paper artwork 22,503 photos, 1,518 members
- UPPERCASE florals 1,113 photos, 193 members
- Winter Colours Week (2011) 2,431 photos, 365 members
- Instagram 151,938 photos, 8,270 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 17,868 photos, 21,646 members
- Book Art 16,325 photos, 1,192 members
- PNE Container Art Exhibit 2010 80 photos, 14 members
- Collecting Nature 2,353 photos, 384 members
- Summer Colours Week! 2,008 photos, 252 members
- shoegazing for UPPERCASE magazine 622 photos, 155 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,098 photos, 1,592 members
- Alliance for Arts and Culture featured photos 531 photos, 62 members
- ALTERED MIXEDMEDIA ART 16,717 photos, 770 members
- Shutter Sisters 467,425 photos, 12,866 members
- TEDxVancouver 2009 650 photos, 12 members
- 3D paper art 27,001 photos, 2,223 members
- Autumn Colour Week 6,689 photos, 657 members
- Whipup.net 19,011 photos, 1,339 members
- Ion Magazine Photo Gallery 20,942 photos, 425 members
- CREATIVE MINDS 188,322 photos, 5,968 members
- Altered Books 7,593 photos, 1,222 members
- Flickr Fine Art Portrait Gallery 136,710 photos, 5,905 members
- Vancouver Is Awesome 41,493 photos, 2,088 members
- imaginary girl 7,430 photos, 1,343 members
- Etsy Canada 17,669 photos, 882 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,724 photos, 1,290 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 302,189 photos, 23,552 members
- Polaroid 305,190 photos, 32,452 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 325,456 photos, 6,923 members
- Moleskinerie 128,090 photos, 23,431 members
- 52 Weeks 61,289 photos, 6,092 members
- Spacing Vancouver 9,720 photos, 193 members
- Vancouver Strobist 5,304 photos, 949 members
- Bird Paper Collage Art 3,207 photos, 442 members
- 100 Strangers 49,352 photos, 11,737 members
- Holga Vancouver 693 photos, 42 members
- Eastside Culture Crawl 285 photos, 32 members
- San Francisco 283,958 photos, 15,676 members
- de Young 2,027 photos, 176 members
- Vancouver Transit 33,094 photos, 888 members
- Seattle 182,727 photos, 8,644 members
- wardrobe_remix 87,379 photos, 24,164 members
- Portland 36,930 photos, 1,176 members
- pdx [portland] 191,192 photos, 5,626 members
- Lovebirds 1,645 photos, 352 members
"I was once part of a photography group called vandigicam. Many great things came out of that group for me and without a doubt one of the best things was meeting Rachael. She has become a dear friend and amongst many other things a wonderful source of inspiration and strength. Sometimes she knows me better than I know myself.
Life is to short not to do the things you want to do and I wish for her a good life. Thank you for everything!"
February 9th, 2008
"Rachael takes photos.
Rachael takes glimmering, spicy, brilliant photos.
Rachael does not take photos often enough."
July 25th, 2007
"Rachael is a creative artist with a wonderful photostream full of excellent Holgagraphy!
She's also very friendly and it's always a pleasure to be in contact with her."
February 22nd, 2007
"One senses that art is for Rachael what water is to a fish: her natural element. It isn't so much that she does art; it's that she inhabits art. This is obvious from her photography, which is a wondrous celebration of form and light. I sometimes suspect that light happily travels all ninety-three million miles from the sun with the sole purpose of illuminating a chair or a bit of fence just as Rachael passes."
November 12th, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Inspiring. Gifted. Unaffected.
After nights of talking with Rachael, I truly believe that she doesn't realize just how influencial she has become here. Her work speaks for itself and is always a step above the rest. It's evident in her graphic design but an even greater testimony to her inner glow are the portraits.
It's evident in the candid shots just how at ease everyone is around her. It's a rare quality that many lack but she just exudes it. I'm probably embarassing her right now, but that's okay.
She needs to hear it.
"You take wonderful pictures and I'm glad you share your talent with the rest of us. It's appreciated as are you."
May 9th, 2005
"Wow, writing this is going to be tough...not because I doubt Rachael's obvious creative talent, but because she is such a dynamic, artistic force that she defies definition.
She's got something like 137 photo sets - which proves her versatility in capturing everything from wedding ceremonies and portraits, to abstracts and scenes of her beautiful Vancouver.
She's a sweet and gorgeous spirit trapped inside a striking and lovely frame. Her work has depth and emotion and character because those are the qualities she embodies. What is genuine within, is reflected without, through her craft.
How wonderful for us to be witness to the results of that process.
I like her. She's cool. Her pics make me happy, which is no small feat if you know me at all.
Take a look around. You'll fall in like with her too."
April 26th, 2005
"Yon Goddess has revealed herself to be somewhat twisted, photographically-skilled, interestingly-visioned, and someone whom I instantly share part of my own warped lifeview with. I’d say she shoots very differently from me and focuses in on subject matter from a completely different angle at times, and for that reason a visit to Spiraland is always a trip and a pleasure. Hell, her stuff has true beauty! One of those Flickr folk that I can never imagine getting bored with on any level. I get the impression that she’s a true artist in her temperament and focus, cares about the craft of photography, but never takes herself too seriously. Damn fine mix, if you ask me. Her image work seems very much alive; her words seem alive. When I think of her, I can’t help having a vision of a subtle, lively, intelligent, somewhat mischievous smile on her mush."
February 26th, 2005
"goddess_spiral brings a freshness and joy to me.she loves beauty and it shows in her works."
February 2nd, 2005
- Rachael Ashe
- July 2004
- Vancouver, Canada
- I am: