I'm an artist based in Vancouver, Canada, working in paper cutting, sculpture, and installation.
If you're interested in using one of my photos, please contact me at rkashe (at) gmail (dot) com or through my blog.
My professional portfolio: portfolio.rachaelashe.com
My photo blog:
Facbook page: www.facebook.com/rachaelashe.art
Some of my work can be purchased online through my etsy shop.
- The Work-in-Progress Society 5,464 photos, 742 members
- Foodists Trip 2012 267 photos, 8 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 26,661 photos, 1,400 members
- YAYOM Self-Portrait Adventurers 727 photos, 97 members
- Discover Paper 3,376 photos, 211 members
- cut paper artwork 20,079 photos, 1,504 members
- UPPERCASE florals 1,160 photos, 195 members
- Winter Colours Week (2011) 2,421 photos, 358 members
- Instagram 147,937 photos, 8,360 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,162 photos, 22,076 members
- Book Art 15,699 photos, 1,149 members
- PNE Container Art Exhibit 2010 80 photos, 14 members
- Collecting Nature 2,037 photos, 388 members
- Summer Colours Week! 2,040 photos, 254 members
- shoegazing for UPPERCASE magazine 576 photos, 157 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,225 photos, 1,606 members
- Alliance for Arts and Culture featured photos 528 photos, 60 members
- ALTERED MIXEDMEDIA ART 16,749 photos, 790 members
- Shutter Sisters 452,164 photos, 12,855 members
- TEDxVancouver 2009 650 photos, 12 members
- 3D paper art 23,747 photos, 2,155 members
- Autumn Colour Week 5,912 photos, 646 members
- Whipup.net 19,198 photos, 1,353 members
- Ion Magazine Photo Gallery 17,588 photos, 429 members
- CREATIVE MINDS 167,692 photos, 5,840 members
- Altered Books 7,421 photos, 1,217 members
- Flickr Fine Art Portrait Gallery 109,331 photos, 5,490 members
- Vancouver Is Awesome 36,377 photos, 1,977 members
- imaginary girl 6,015 photos, 1,320 members
- Etsy Canada 18,067 photos, 892 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,771 photos, 1,309 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 309,958 photos, 22,910 members
- Polaroid 297,409 photos, 31,322 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 285,702 photos, 6,749 members
- Moleskinerie 119,536 photos, 23,045 members
- 52 Weeks 60,916 photos, 6,079 members
- Spacing Vancouver 8,130 photos, 186 members
- Vancouver Strobist 5,705 photos, 954 members
- Bird Paper Collage Art 3,154 photos, 442 members
- 100 Strangers 48,989 photos, 11,449 members
- Holga Vancouver 581 photos, 41 members
- Eastside Culture Crawl 309 photos, 32 members
- San Francisco 270,798 photos, 15,585 members
- de Young 1,805 photos, 168 members
- Vancouver Transit 23,604 photos, 879 members
- Seattle 175,412 photos, 8,423 members
- wardrobe_remix 90,459 photos, 24,359 members
- Portland 34,394 photos, 1,122 members
- pdx [portland] 181,816 photos, 5,597 members
- Lovebirds 1,583 photos, 344 members
"I was once part of a photography group called vandigicam. Many great things came out of that group for me and without a doubt one of the best things was meeting Rachael. She has become a dear friend and amongst many other things a wonderful source of inspiration and strength. Sometimes she knows me better than I know myself.
Life is to short not to do the things you want to do and I wish for her a good life. Thank you for everything!"
February 9th, 2008
"Rachael takes photos.
Rachael takes glimmering, spicy, brilliant photos.
Rachael does not take photos often enough."
July 25th, 2007
"Rachael is a creative artist with a wonderful photostream full of excellent Holgagraphy!
She's also very friendly and it's always a pleasure to be in contact with her."
February 22nd, 2007
"One senses that art is for Rachael what water is to a fish: her natural element. It isn't so much that she does art; it's that she inhabits art. This is obvious from her photography, which is a wondrous celebration of form and light. I sometimes suspect that light happily travels all ninety-three million miles from the sun with the sole purpose of illuminating a chair or a bit of fence just as Rachael passes."
November 12th, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Inspiring. Gifted. Unaffected.
After nights of talking with Rachael, I truly believe that she doesn't realize just how influencial she has become here. Her work speaks for itself and is always a step above the rest. It's evident in her graphic design but an even greater testimony to her inner glow are the portraits.
It's evident in the candid shots just how at ease everyone is around her. It's a rare quality that many lack but she just exudes it. I'm probably embarassing her right now, but that's okay.
She needs to hear it.
"You take wonderful pictures and I'm glad you share your talent with the rest of us. It's appreciated as are you."
May 9th, 2005
"Wow, writing this is going to be tough...not because I doubt Rachael's obvious creative talent, but because she is such a dynamic, artistic force that she defies definition.
She's got something like 137 photo sets - which proves her versatility in capturing everything from wedding ceremonies and portraits, to abstracts and scenes of her beautiful Vancouver.
She's a sweet and gorgeous spirit trapped inside a striking and lovely frame. Her work has depth and emotion and character because those are the qualities she embodies. What is genuine within, is reflected without, through her craft.
How wonderful for us to be witness to the results of that process.
I like her. She's cool. Her pics make me happy, which is no small feat if you know me at all.
Take a look around. You'll fall in like with her too."
April 26th, 2005
"Yon Goddess has revealed herself to be somewhat twisted, photographically-skilled, interestingly-visioned, and someone whom I instantly share part of my own warped lifeview with. I’d say she shoots very differently from me and focuses in on subject matter from a completely different angle at times, and for that reason a visit to Spiraland is always a trip and a pleasure. Hell, her stuff has true beauty! One of those Flickr folk that I can never imagine getting bored with on any level. I get the impression that she’s a true artist in her temperament and focus, cares about the craft of photography, but never takes herself too seriously. Damn fine mix, if you ask me. Her image work seems very much alive; her words seem alive. When I think of her, I can’t help having a vision of a subtle, lively, intelligent, somewhat mischievous smile on her mush."
February 26th, 2005
"goddess_spiral brings a freshness and joy to me.she loves beauty and it shows in her works."
February 2nd, 2005
- Rachael Ashe
- July 2004
- Vancouver, Canada
- I am: