I'm an artist based in Vancouver, Canada, working in paper cutting, sculpture, and installation.
If you're interested in using one of my photos, please contact me at rkashe (at) gmail (dot) com or through my blog.
My professional portfolio: portfolio.rachaelashe.com
My photo blog:
Facbook page: www.facebook.com/rachaelashe.art
Some of my work can be purchased online through my etsy shop.
- The Work-in-Progress Society 5,633 photos, 743 members
- Foodists Trip 2012 267 photos, 8 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 27,639 photos, 1,402 members
- YAYOM Self-Portrait Adventurers 741 photos, 97 members
- Discover Paper 3,580 photos, 214 members
- cut paper artwork 20,645 photos, 1,503 members
- UPPERCASE florals 1,148 photos, 193 members
- Winter Colours Week (2011) 2,425 photos, 364 members
- Instagram 148,984 photos, 8,356 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,101 photos, 21,981 members
- Book Art 15,890 photos, 1,164 members
- PNE Container Art Exhibit 2010 80 photos, 14 members
- Collecting Nature 2,181 photos, 385 members
- Summer Colours Week! 2,112 photos, 254 members
- shoegazing for UPPERCASE magazine 602 photos, 156 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,191 photos, 1,603 members
- Alliance for Arts and Culture featured photos 525 photos, 60 members
- ALTERED MIXEDMEDIA ART 16,707 photos, 784 members
- Shutter Sisters 456,311 photos, 12,866 members
- TEDxVancouver 2009 650 photos, 12 members
- 3D paper art 24,717 photos, 2,175 members
- Autumn Colour Week 6,178 photos, 658 members
- Whipup.net 19,018 photos, 1,350 members
- Ion Magazine Photo Gallery 18,717 photos, 433 members
- CREATIVE MINDS 173,276 photos, 5,880 members
- Altered Books 7,456 photos, 1,219 members
- Flickr Fine Art Portrait Gallery 116,799 photos, 5,630 members
- Vancouver Is Awesome 37,336 photos, 2,011 members
- imaginary girl 6,242 photos, 1,324 members
- Etsy Canada 18,491 photos, 891 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,752 photos, 1,305 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 308,032 photos, 23,150 members
- Polaroid 299,916 photos, 31,686 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 298,655 photos, 6,813 members
- Moleskinerie 121,356 photos, 23,308 members
- 52 Weeks 61,037 photos, 6,086 members
- Spacing Vancouver 8,593 photos, 187 members
- Vancouver Strobist 5,674 photos, 957 members
- Bird Paper Collage Art 3,172 photos, 443 members
- 100 Strangers 49,617 photos, 11,573 members
- Holga Vancouver 623 photos, 41 members
- Eastside Culture Crawl 308 photos, 32 members
- San Francisco 274,899 photos, 15,637 members
- de Young 1,808 photos, 169 members
- Vancouver Transit 25,521 photos, 883 members
- Seattle 177,719 photos, 8,507 members
- wardrobe_remix 89,271 photos, 24,516 members
- Portland 34,421 photos, 1,134 members
- pdx [portland] 183,002 photos, 5,607 members
- Lovebirds 1,555 photos, 344 members
"I was once part of a photography group called vandigicam. Many great things came out of that group for me and without a doubt one of the best things was meeting Rachael. She has become a dear friend and amongst many other things a wonderful source of inspiration and strength. Sometimes she knows me better than I know myself.
Life is to short not to do the things you want to do and I wish for her a good life. Thank you for everything!"
February 9th, 2008
"Rachael takes photos.
Rachael takes glimmering, spicy, brilliant photos.
Rachael does not take photos often enough."
July 25th, 2007
"Rachael is a creative artist with a wonderful photostream full of excellent Holgagraphy!
She's also very friendly and it's always a pleasure to be in contact with her."
February 22nd, 2007
"One senses that art is for Rachael what water is to a fish: her natural element. It isn't so much that she does art; it's that she inhabits art. This is obvious from her photography, which is a wondrous celebration of form and light. I sometimes suspect that light happily travels all ninety-three million miles from the sun with the sole purpose of illuminating a chair or a bit of fence just as Rachael passes."
November 12th, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Inspiring. Gifted. Unaffected.
After nights of talking with Rachael, I truly believe that she doesn't realize just how influencial she has become here. Her work speaks for itself and is always a step above the rest. It's evident in her graphic design but an even greater testimony to her inner glow are the portraits.
It's evident in the candid shots just how at ease everyone is around her. It's a rare quality that many lack but she just exudes it. I'm probably embarassing her right now, but that's okay.
She needs to hear it.
"You take wonderful pictures and I'm glad you share your talent with the rest of us. It's appreciated as are you."
May 9th, 2005
"Wow, writing this is going to be tough...not because I doubt Rachael's obvious creative talent, but because she is such a dynamic, artistic force that she defies definition.
She's got something like 137 photo sets - which proves her versatility in capturing everything from wedding ceremonies and portraits, to abstracts and scenes of her beautiful Vancouver.
She's a sweet and gorgeous spirit trapped inside a striking and lovely frame. Her work has depth and emotion and character because those are the qualities she embodies. What is genuine within, is reflected without, through her craft.
How wonderful for us to be witness to the results of that process.
I like her. She's cool. Her pics make me happy, which is no small feat if you know me at all.
Take a look around. You'll fall in like with her too."
April 26th, 2005
"Yon Goddess has revealed herself to be somewhat twisted, photographically-skilled, interestingly-visioned, and someone whom I instantly share part of my own warped lifeview with. I’d say she shoots very differently from me and focuses in on subject matter from a completely different angle at times, and for that reason a visit to Spiraland is always a trip and a pleasure. Hell, her stuff has true beauty! One of those Flickr folk that I can never imagine getting bored with on any level. I get the impression that she’s a true artist in her temperament and focus, cares about the craft of photography, but never takes herself too seriously. Damn fine mix, if you ask me. Her image work seems very much alive; her words seem alive. When I think of her, I can’t help having a vision of a subtle, lively, intelligent, somewhat mischievous smile on her mush."
February 26th, 2005
"goddess_spiral brings a freshness and joy to me.she loves beauty and it shows in her works."
February 2nd, 2005
- Rachael Ashe
- July 2004
- Vancouver, Canada
- I am: