I'm an artist based in Vancouver, Canada, working in paper cutting, sculpture, and installation.
If you're interested in using one of my photos, please contact me at rkashe (at) gmail (dot) com or through my blog.
My professional portfolio: portfolio.rachaelashe.com
My photo blog:
Facbook page: www.facebook.com/rachaelashe.art
Some of my work can be purchased online through my etsy shop.
- The Work-in-Progress Society 5,567 photos, 742 members
- Foodists Trip 2012 267 photos, 8 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 27,249 photos, 1,402 members
- YAYOM Self-Portrait Adventurers 737 photos, 97 members
- Discover Paper 3,506 photos, 214 members
- cut paper artwork 20,389 photos, 1,503 members
- UPPERCASE florals 1,148 photos, 193 members
- Winter Colours Week (2011) 2,421 photos, 358 members
- Instagram 148,554 photos, 8,355 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,117 photos, 22,016 members
- Book Art 15,869 photos, 1,161 members
- PNE Container Art Exhibit 2010 80 photos, 14 members
- Collecting Nature 2,047 photos, 387 members
- Summer Colours Week! 2,109 photos, 255 members
- shoegazing for UPPERCASE magazine 593 photos, 157 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,215 photos, 1,606 members
- Alliance for Arts and Culture featured photos 531 photos, 60 members
- ALTERED MIXEDMEDIA ART 16,716 photos, 786 members
- Shutter Sisters 454,416 photos, 12,870 members
- TEDxVancouver 2009 650 photos, 12 members
- 3D paper art 24,384 photos, 2,168 members
- Autumn Colour Week 6,010 photos, 654 members
- Whipup.net 19,004 photos, 1,351 members
- Ion Magazine Photo Gallery 18,386 photos, 432 members
- CREATIVE MINDS 171,240 photos, 5,866 members
- Altered Books 7,449 photos, 1,219 members
- Flickr Fine Art Portrait Gallery 114,108 photos, 5,591 members
- Vancouver Is Awesome 36,961 photos, 1,996 members
- imaginary girl 6,098 photos, 1,321 members
- Etsy Canada 18,361 photos, 892 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,771 photos, 1,308 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 308,605 photos, 23,069 members
- Polaroid 299,115 photos, 31,550 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 293,747 photos, 6,786 members
- Moleskinerie 120,530 photos, 23,249 members
- 52 Weeks 61,013 photos, 6,077 members
- Spacing Vancouver 8,420 photos, 187 members
- Vancouver Strobist 5,672 photos, 955 members
- Bird Paper Collage Art 3,157 photos, 442 members
- 100 Strangers 49,432 photos, 11,528 members
- Holga Vancouver 616 photos, 41 members
- Eastside Culture Crawl 308 photos, 32 members
- San Francisco 273,984 photos, 15,626 members
- de Young 1,807 photos, 169 members
- Vancouver Transit 24,568 photos, 882 members
- Seattle 177,051 photos, 8,481 members
- wardrobe_remix 89,847 photos, 24,471 members
- Portland 34,474 photos, 1,130 members
- pdx [portland] 183,461 photos, 5,602 members
- Lovebirds 1,578 photos, 345 members
"I was once part of a photography group called vandigicam. Many great things came out of that group for me and without a doubt one of the best things was meeting Rachael. She has become a dear friend and amongst many other things a wonderful source of inspiration and strength. Sometimes she knows me better than I know myself.
Life is to short not to do the things you want to do and I wish for her a good life. Thank you for everything!"
February 9th, 2008
"Rachael takes photos.
Rachael takes glimmering, spicy, brilliant photos.
Rachael does not take photos often enough."
July 25th, 2007
"Rachael is a creative artist with a wonderful photostream full of excellent Holgagraphy!
She's also very friendly and it's always a pleasure to be in contact with her."
February 22nd, 2007
"One senses that art is for Rachael what water is to a fish: her natural element. It isn't so much that she does art; it's that she inhabits art. This is obvious from her photography, which is a wondrous celebration of form and light. I sometimes suspect that light happily travels all ninety-three million miles from the sun with the sole purpose of illuminating a chair or a bit of fence just as Rachael passes."
November 12th, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Inspiring. Gifted. Unaffected.
After nights of talking with Rachael, I truly believe that she doesn't realize just how influencial she has become here. Her work speaks for itself and is always a step above the rest. It's evident in her graphic design but an even greater testimony to her inner glow are the portraits.
It's evident in the candid shots just how at ease everyone is around her. It's a rare quality that many lack but she just exudes it. I'm probably embarassing her right now, but that's okay.
She needs to hear it.
"You take wonderful pictures and I'm glad you share your talent with the rest of us. It's appreciated as are you."
May 9th, 2005
"Wow, writing this is going to be tough...not because I doubt Rachael's obvious creative talent, but because she is such a dynamic, artistic force that she defies definition.
She's got something like 137 photo sets - which proves her versatility in capturing everything from wedding ceremonies and portraits, to abstracts and scenes of her beautiful Vancouver.
She's a sweet and gorgeous spirit trapped inside a striking and lovely frame. Her work has depth and emotion and character because those are the qualities she embodies. What is genuine within, is reflected without, through her craft.
How wonderful for us to be witness to the results of that process.
I like her. She's cool. Her pics make me happy, which is no small feat if you know me at all.
Take a look around. You'll fall in like with her too."
April 26th, 2005
"Yon Goddess has revealed herself to be somewhat twisted, photographically-skilled, interestingly-visioned, and someone whom I instantly share part of my own warped lifeview with. I’d say she shoots very differently from me and focuses in on subject matter from a completely different angle at times, and for that reason a visit to Spiraland is always a trip and a pleasure. Hell, her stuff has true beauty! One of those Flickr folk that I can never imagine getting bored with on any level. I get the impression that she’s a true artist in her temperament and focus, cares about the craft of photography, but never takes herself too seriously. Damn fine mix, if you ask me. Her image work seems very much alive; her words seem alive. When I think of her, I can’t help having a vision of a subtle, lively, intelligent, somewhat mischievous smile on her mush."
February 26th, 2005
"goddess_spiral brings a freshness and joy to me.she loves beauty and it shows in her works."
February 2nd, 2005
- Rachael Ashe
- July 2004
- Vancouver, Canada
- I am: