I'm an artist based in Vancouver, Canada, working in photography and mixed media altered books.
If you're interested in using one of my photos, please contact me at rkashe (at) gmail (dot) com or through my blog.
My photo blog:
Follow me on Twitter: @RachaelAshe
Find me on Facebook
Some of my work can be purchased online through my etsy shop.
King of Beasts
Heralding the Dawn of a New Day
- The Work-in-Progress Society 4,652 photos, 687 members
- Foodists Trip 2012 267 photos, 8 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 15,056 photos, 1,361 members
- YAYOM Self-Portrait Adventurers 731 photos, 99 members
- Discover Paper 2,455 photos, 187 members
- cut paper artwork 14,735 photos, 1,436 members
- UPPERCASE florals 1,146 photos, 199 members
- Winter Colours Week (2011) 2,340 photos, 356 members
- Instagram 136,892 photos, 8,220 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,771 photos, 22,953 members
- Book Art 13,442 photos, 1,043 members
- PNE Container Art Exhibit 2010 80 photos, 14 members
- Collecting Nature 1,626 photos, 360 members
- Summer Colours Week! 1,955 photos, 256 members
- shoegazing for UPPERCASE magazine 586 photos, 162 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,454 photos, 1,647 members
- Alliance for Arts and Culture featured photos 529 photos, 57 members
- ALTERED MIXEDMEDIA ART 17,970 photos, 816 members
- Shutter Sisters 407,332 photos, 12,427 members
- TEDxVancouver 2009 650 photos, 10 members
- 3D paper art 17,927 photos, 1,965 members
- Autumn Colour Week 5,334 photos, 631 members
- Whipup.net 18,843 photos, 1,356 members
- Ion Magazine Photo Gallery 9,514 photos, 371 members
- CREATIVE MINDS 138,411 photos, 5,515 members
- Altered Books 7,387 photos, 1,202 members
- Flickr Fine Art Portrait Gallery 64,973 photos, 4,065 members
- Vancouver Is Awesome 24,079 photos, 1,648 members
- imaginary girl 5,026 photos, 1,287 members
- Etsy Canada 16,499 photos, 889 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 5,005 photos, 1,327 members
- .:Utterly Surreal:. 317,778 photos, 19,538 members
- Polaroid 276,863 photos, 26,667 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 208,882 photos, 5,820 members
- Moleskinerie 110,306 photos, 20,619 members
- 52 Weeks 57,313 photos, 5,925 members
- Spacing Vancouver 4,957 photos, 176 members
- Vancouver Strobist 5,592 photos, 940 members
- Bird Paper Collage Art 2,982 photos, 434 members
- 100 Strangers 40,556 photos, 9,745 members
- Holga Vancouver 400 photos, 43 members
- Eastside Culture Crawl 322 photos, 30 members
- San Francisco 231,637 photos, 13,967 members
- de Young 1,367 photos, 158 members
- Vancouver Transit 17,372 photos, 859 members
- Seattle 153,084 photos, 7,665 members
- wardrobe_remix 99,364 photos, 21,267 members
- Portland 30,416 photos, 987 members
- pdx [portland] 158,488 photos, 5,344 members
- Lovebirds 1,459 photos, 325 members
"I was once part of a photography group called vandigicam. Many great things came out of that group for me and without a doubt one of the best things was meeting Rachael. She has become a dear friend and amongst many other things a wonderful source of inspiration and strength. Sometimes she knows me better than I know myself.
Life is to short not to do the things you want to do and I wish for her a good life. Thank you for everything!"
9th February, 2008
"Rachael takes photos.
Rachael takes glimmering, spicy, brilliant photos.
Rachael does not take photos often enough."
25th July, 2007
"Rachael is a creative artist with a wonderful photostream full of excellent Holgagraphy!
She's also very friendly and it's always a pleasure to be in contact with her."
22nd February, 2007
"One senses that art is for Rachael what water is to a fish: her natural element. It isn't so much that she does art; it's that she inhabits art. This is obvious from her photography, which is a wondrous celebration of form and light. I sometimes suspect that light happily travels all ninety-three million miles from the sun with the sole purpose of illuminating a chair or a bit of fence just as Rachael passes."
12th November, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Inspiring. Gifted. Unaffected.
After nights of talking with Rachael, I truly believe that she doesn't realize just how influencial she has become here. Her work speaks for itself and is always a step above the rest. It's evident in her graphic design but an even greater testimony to her inner glow are the portraits.
It's evident in the candid shots just how at ease everyone is around her. It's a rare quality that many lack but she just exudes it. I'm probably embarassing her right now, but that's okay.
She needs to hear it.
"You take wonderful pictures and I'm glad you share your talent with the rest of us. It's appreciated as are you."
9th May, 2005
"Wow, writing this is going to be tough...not because I doubt Rachael's obvious creative talent, but because she is such a dynamic, artistic force that she defies definition.
She's got something like 137 photo sets - which proves her versatility in capturing everything from wedding ceremonies and portraits, to abstracts and scenes of her beautiful Vancouver.
She's a sweet and gorgeous spirit trapped inside a striking and lovely frame. Her work has depth and emotion and character because those are the qualities she embodies. What is genuine within, is reflected without, through her craft.
How wonderful for us to be witness to the results of that process.
I like her. She's cool. Her pics make me happy, which is no small feat if you know me at all.
Take a look around. You'll fall in like with her too."
26th April, 2005
"Yon Goddess has revealed herself to be somewhat twisted, photographically-skilled, interestingly-visioned, and someone whom I instantly share part of my own warped lifeview with. I’d say she shoots very differently from me and focuses in on subject matter from a completely different angle at times, and for that reason a visit to Spiraland is always a trip and a pleasure. Hell, her stuff has true beauty! One of those Flickr folk that I can never imagine getting bored with on any level. I get the impression that she’s a true artist in her temperament and focus, cares about the craft of photography, but never takes herself too seriously. Damn fine mix, if you ask me. Her image work seems very much alive; her words seem alive. When I think of her, I can’t help having a vision of a subtle, lively, intelligent, somewhat mischievous smile on her mush."
26th February, 2005
"goddess_spiral brings a freshness and joy to me.she loves beauty and it shows in her works."
2nd February, 2005
- Rachael Ashe
- July 2004
- Vancouver, Canada
- I am:
- Canvas to the Imagination