Living literally on the West Coast of Scotland, I'm a husband, father, and artist. I've been on Flickr since 2004, using this medium to display my creativity, then exalt in the fact that someone, somewhere, might actually like it.
Up until April 2007 I used a Nikon D70s, then a D200, and since April 2010, I'm using a D300s. I normally use just two lenses; Nikon 18-200mm VR and Sigma 10-20mm.
I have my own website at www.alpiglen.com.
A group I currently run is The RED makes it Group, dedicated to pictures that are perfected by small red items. Just look if you don't understand.
Many of my photos are available for purchase as prints at my Photobox Gallery.
I also allow my images for commercial use under a Creative Commons License providing they are paid for (I have to make a living too!).
I also do weddings. Checkout my wedding page, or my other Flickr account.
I also Tweet on Twitter.
Please note: While I appreciate all comments from visitors, I'm not keen on big flashy gifs, so I'm going to start deleting them from my photos as of April 2008.
Photos of gms (8)
- Italy 611,449 photos, 20,912 members
- Tuscany / Toscana 68,890 photos, 4,963 members
- Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition 12,700 photos, 2,683 members
- Original 1950s 12,660 photos, 1,519 members
- Scottish Maritime Museum 717 photos, 41 members
- Scottish Heritage "Alba gu Brath" 13,963 photos, 320 members
- North Yorkshire 78,419 photos, 1,821 members
- WorldLandscapes 525,654 photos, 13,544 members
- Dutch Landscape / Hollands Landschap 134,765 photos, 4,371 members
- Keukenhof Bulbflower garden - Holland 8,743 photos, 739 members
- Nederland/The Netherlands 466,747 photos, 10,602 members
- National Trust for Scotland 8,766 photos, 607 members
- Glencoe Website photographs 1,099 photos, 137 members
- Whitby (a town in North Yorkshire, England) 28,152 photos, 2,028 members
- Scarborough 18,367 photos, 1,052 members
- Disneyland Resort Paris 58,089 photos, 2,054 members
- Paris 445,684 photos, 49,867 members
- Rütli, Schweiz/Grütli, Suisse 83 photos, 16 members
- Venezia - Venice 133,747 photos, 9,435 members
- Red Rule 667,557 photos, 58,102 members
- Sigma Fast Primes (30mm f/1.4) 51,794 photos, 3,659 members
- London 1,132,861 photos, 37,184 members
- Chatsworth 8,255 photos, 584 members
- Peak District National Park 88,514 photos, 4,158 members
- Yorkshire 234,988 photos, 5,240 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 502,845 photos, 21,329 members
- Red Arrows 24,956 photos, 2,043 members
- Bernese Oberland, Switzerland 11,017 photos, 510 members
- York 39,710 photos, 2,560 members
- Reflections 751,433 photos, 56,854 members
- Yorkshire Dales (National Park) 38,925 photos, 2,175 members
- Wedding Photographers 228,274 photos, 29,885 members
- Wedding Photography 261,185 photos, 52,796 members
- Nikon Scotland 25,965 photos, 437 members
- Nikon D200/D300 Users 347,767 photos, 11,611 members
- Adobe Lightroom 56,374 photos, 26,710 members
- Scotland Black and White 34,434 photos, 1,723 members
- Scottish Meet Ups 13,241 photos, 642 members
- CalMac 12,987 photos, 546 members
- Scottish Landscapes 108,008 photos, 4,358 members
- Grindelwald 910 photos, 175 members
- FliCHr MeetUp 1,373 photos, 50 members
- Sigma 10-20mm 333,645 photos, 16,600 members
- Spectacular Switzerland (Invited picture only! ) 262 photos, 150 members
- The Lake District UK 97,478 photos, 7,565 members
- Scotland's castles 27,619 photos, 3,503 members
- Edinburgh 142,179 photos, 5,766 members
- Struthers Memorial Church 399 photos, 46 members
- Greenock & Inverclyde 8,858 photos, 325 members
- SBB 53,719 photos, 926 members
Funny Fish says:
"Gms, is approaching photography from the artistic side. He uses strong colours, clear structures and wide angles. The moods go from very funny to peaceful, very dramatic and rough. Its impressive and very inspiring. Having met gms in person, I find it striking to see that he is so quiet humble yet produces those very outgoing images.
Apart from that he has a wicked sense of humor, which just brightens your day every time you come across him over here at Flickr's:-)"
November 22nd, 2006
Mark Howells-Mead says:
"Graham is a shy and retiring kind of guy, but his photographs jump off the screen, slap you around the face and leave you stunned, wondering what the hell just happened. Capturing scenes from everyday life, he manages to always be at the right place at the right time, with camera and lens at the ready, whilst mere mortals are still in their slippers and considering what they should have for breakfast."
October 19th, 2006
"It's the color and the drama that appeal to me in gms's stream. He makes the mundane overwhelming - often enough that I keep coming back. : )
ANd he's a great person to have in my contacts!"
August 25th, 2006
"Graham is one of those rare Flickr photographers who has developed a distinctive style, and in one particular regard has inspired a legion of slavish followers. He's not only a wonderful landscape photographer who knows the advantage of getting up early and staying out late for the best light; he has this uncanny eye for the colour red.
He's a kind of photographic bloodhound, sniffing out the merest flicker of red where the rest of us simply wouldn't notice. The results are on happy display in his The Red Makes It group, in which he leads and the rest of us struggle pitifully to follow. We're not worthy, master.
This is a stream to wallow in and splash about happily.
PS He's also fairly good on green. His yellow could use some work, though."
June 19th, 2006
Brian Aslak says:
"Graham is an exceptionally talented artist! Whether he's using paint brush, pencil or camera, his work proves his great gift."
June 24th, 2005
- September 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken