I felt like it was time for an update here. So here it goes ....
Most people describe me as creative, funky, open-minded, fun and a bit silly. I try to keep active and get out to try new things. I cycle, do yoga and play slo-pitch to keep fit. I also do a lot of walking with my Pentax in hand! I make some of my own clothes and jewellery - I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and often make gifts for friends and family members. ;-)
I was lured here in 2006 by my good friend Philip (Piscesdreamer). It's been a great place to meet people, learn things, get inspiration and show off a little. I think I've learned a lot during my stay here and I think my photography has definitely gotten better but I still have more to learn. I'm glad Philip got me here on Flickr, I've made some great friends - thank you my dear!
You'll often find me wandering along Queen Street West, checking out folks' bikes with my second-hand Pentax K1000 (love my little Brick!), saying "Got it, got it, need it!!" ;p I'm finding more often I'm saying "Got it!" versus "Need it" but there's always something to see and shoot even if it isn't a cool bicycle bell!
Feedback and comments are always welcome!
Happy shooting all!
- Georgian Bay 4,531 photos, 346 members
- Killbear 21 photos, 9 members
- b&w toronto (& the people in it) 1,840 photos, 86 members
- i ♥ XA 4,145 photos, 276 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 84,572 photos, 8,373 members
- Just Painting 5,522 photos, 241 members
- Your Art - Not Photography [2018 new comment code] 551,633 photos, 28,952 members
- PAINTING 194,727 photos, 11,843 members
- Murales au Québec / Murals in Quebec 540 photos, 100 members
- JCH StreetPan 400 797 photos, 202 members
- Prince Edward County (Ontario Canada) 2,757 photos, 167 members
- RETROBLICK 475 photos, 112 members
- FilmsNotDead 4,129 photos, 94 members
- Voigtlander 166,535 photos, 5,554 members
- Voigtlander Canada 597 photos, 37 members
- Urban Derelict 39,543 photos, 640 members
- TOPW goes to Elora 102 photos, 8 members
- Where's the Cephalopod? 77 photos, 18 members
- Flickr Worldwide Photowalks 23,759 photos, 5,097 members
- Dogs, I love you 134,966 photos, 6,902 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 25,593 photos, 1,173 members
- SPACING MAGAZINE photo pool 20,489 photos, 338 members
- Makeover's Anonymou's 44 photos, 15 members
- bicycle.dreamin' 431 photos, 102 members
- Gay world in 35mm 288 photos, 54 members
- canon ixus 255 hs/canon elph 330 hs 2,687 photos, 44 members
- Classic Vintage Cycles 15,974 photos, 2,635 members
- Flickr Synchronicity 19 photos, 3 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 13,122 photos, 1,508 members
- TOPW Annual Photo Camp 345 photos, 15 members
- Sketch Club 29,692 photos, 2,041 members
- Urban Sketchers 262,843 photos, 10,322 members
- 365 days in 2013 5,974 photos, 32 members
- Tricot-graffiti au Québec / Yarn Bombing in Quebec 293 photos, 23 members
- The Official Hamilton Flickr Group 3,621 photos, 114 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 375,216 photos, 23,910 members
- British Columbia Film Photography 2,973 photos, 333 members
- Urban sites : under demolition / demolished 1,653 photos, 49 members
- Cupcake Ride 185 photos, 2 members
- bike wednesday 193 photos, 50 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 27,661 photos, 1,053 members
- Montreal ! Group 67,284 photos, 2,165 members
- Montreal Street Art / Art Urbain de Montréal 19,392 photos, 900 members
- Food you dare not taste (aka museum of scary food) 1,481 photos, 227 members
- *Mug Shot* 151 photos, 24 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,469 photos, 420 members
- Show Us Your Rogue 454 photos, 147 members
- love mannequins headless 780 photos, 283 members
- My Bikes Cooler than your Bike (Bicycle) 1,757 photos, 182 members
- Bike Mojo 3,849 photos, 150 members
"What can I say that others haven't already said? Well first off, she is a very good friend and I am very happy to have her friendship. I find it funny because we live in the same city and we often walk the same streets yet we've never met (strange, eh?). Her photostream currently has 8,343 items and to be honest with you, each one of those are worth looking at. I admire her because she documents her life and shares it with us. She's never afraid to take a picture of a store front sign or a bicycle bell. Anything that catches her eye, she shoots it and we see it. Whenever I walk down Queen St W and I see bikes and signs, it makes me think of her as I know this is something she would take a picture of, if she hasn't already.
I appreciate her friendship and if you add her as a contact, you won't be let down. I may not get to comment as often as I like, but I always look at her photostream when I'm on Flickr. I don't know her well enough like some of my other contacts do, but I know her well enough to be here typing this testimonial for her. Don't believe me? Go look at her photostream and get to know her through her photos.
Thank you for all the kindness you have shown me all these years. I'm wishing you all the best today, tomorrow, and in the new year.
December 25th, 2010
Dead Betty says:
"This is one cool chick who is a brilliant clicker talent. She inspires me to look for the unusual and odd that is out there and shoot it....some day we shall have a beer together, and it will be a great time. :D"
March 13th, 2009
This delightful creature thrives on good coffee and a diet of raw fish. Has been known to emit a blinding flash in order to stun potential prey of all sizes. Also inclined to instinctively chase round objects."
December 13th, 2008
K Snaps says:
"She is a real friend of mine and in this virtual world - there is nothing I can appreciate more. Look at her pictures to understand the thinking behind it. It will make you feel happy."
September 2nd, 2008
- January 2007
- Chatham, Ontario
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: