I felt like it was time for an update here. So here it goes ....
Most people describe me as creative, funky, open-minded, fun and a bit silly. I try to keep active and get out to try new things. I cycle, do yoga and play slo-pitch to keep fit. I also do a lot of walking with my Pentax in hand! I make some of my own clothes and jewellery - I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and often make gifts for friends and family members. ;-)
I was lured here in 2006 by my good friend Philip (Piscesdreamer). It's been a great place to meet people, learn things, get inspiration and show off a little. I think I've learned a lot during my stay here and I think my photography has definitely gotten better but I still have more to learn. I'm glad Philip got me here on Flickr, I've made some great friends - thank you my dear!
You'll often find me wandering along Queen Street West, checking out folks' bikes with my second-hand Pentax K1000 (love my little Brick!), saying "Got it, got it, need it!!" ;p I'm finding more often I'm saying "Got it!" versus "Need it" but there's always something to see and shoot even if it isn't a cool bicycle bell!
Feedback and comments are always welcome!
Happy shooting all!
- b&w toronto (& the people in it) 1,842 photos, 82 members
- i ♥ XA 3,619 photos, 261 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 82,705 photos, 8,095 members
- Just Painting 5,296 photos, 237 members
- Your Art - Not Photography 534,469 photos, 28,810 members
- PAINTING 189,634 photos, 11,755 members
- Murales au Québec / Murals in Quebec 523 photos, 91 members
- JCH StreetPan 400 553 photos, 142 members
- Prince Edward County (Ontario Canada) 2,904 photos, 167 members
- RETROBLICK 462 photos, 109 members
- FilmsNotDead 3,247 photos, 86 members
- Voigtlander 160,094 photos, 5,421 members
- Voigtlander Canada 564 photos, 35 members
- Urban Derelict 38,161 photos, 628 members
- TOPW goes to Elora 102 photos, 8 members
- Where's the Cephalopod? 86 photos, 19 members
- Flickr Worldwide Photowalks - Monuments and Historic Places 23,978 photos, 4,935 members
- Dogs, I love you 123,696 photos, 6,820 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 22,839 photos, 1,151 members
- SPACING MAGAZINE photo pool 18,837 photos, 342 members
- Makeover's Anonymou's 79 photos, 15 members
- bicycle.dreamin' 436 photos, 103 members
- Gay world in 35mm 289 photos, 51 members
- canon ixus 255 hs/canon elph 330 hs 2,595 photos, 44 members
- Classic Vintage Cycles 15,511 photos, 2,648 members
- Flickr Synchronicity 19 photos, 3 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 12,281 photos, 1,448 members
- TOPW Annual Photo Camp 338 photos, 15 members
- Sketch Club 27,548 photos, 1,993 members
- Urban Sketchers 249,530 photos, 10,130 members
- 365 days in 2013 6,008 photos, 35 members
- Tricot-graffiti au Québec / Yarn Bombing in Quebec 415 photos, 23 members
- The Official Hamilton Flickr Group 3,627 photos, 116 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 367,512 photos, 24,135 members
- British Columbia Film Photography 3,021 photos, 335 members
- Urban sites : under demolition / demolished 1,524 photos, 49 members
- Cupcake Ride 185 photos, 3 members
- bike wednesday 190 photos, 47 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 27,234 photos, 1,069 members
- Montreal ! Group 68,603 photos, 2,130 members
- Montreal Street Art / Art Urbain de Montréal 19,396 photos, 895 members
- Food you dare not taste (aka museum of scary food) 1,478 photos, 229 members
- *Mug Shot* 150 photos, 24 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,441 photos, 422 members
- Show Us Your Rogue 455 photos, 149 members
- love mannequins headless 779 photos, 290 members
- My Bikes Cooler than your Bike (Bicycle) 1,758 photos, 181 members
- Bike Mojo 3,829 photos, 150 members
- Fashion Bicycles 7,983 photos, 474 members
- A Mad Tea Party 7,139 photos, 301 members
"What can I say that others haven't already said? Well first off, she is a very good friend and I am very happy to have her friendship. I find it funny because we live in the same city and we often walk the same streets yet we've never met (strange, eh?). Her photostream currently has 8,343 items and to be honest with you, each one of those are worth looking at. I admire her because she documents her life and shares it with us. She's never afraid to take a picture of a store front sign or a bicycle bell. Anything that catches her eye, she shoots it and we see it. Whenever I walk down Queen St W and I see bikes and signs, it makes me think of her as I know this is something she would take a picture of, if she hasn't already.
I appreciate her friendship and if you add her as a contact, you won't be let down. I may not get to comment as often as I like, but I always look at her photostream when I'm on Flickr. I don't know her well enough like some of my other contacts do, but I know her well enough to be here typing this testimonial for her. Don't believe me? Go look at her photostream and get to know her through her photos.
Thank you for all the kindness you have shown me all these years. I'm wishing you all the best today, tomorrow, and in the new year.
December 25th, 2010
Dead Betty says:
"This is one cool chick who is a brilliant clicker talent. She inspires me to look for the unusual and odd that is out there and shoot it....some day we shall have a beer together, and it will be a great time. :D"
March 13th, 2009
This delightful creature thrives on good coffee and a diet of raw fish. Has been known to emit a blinding flash in order to stun potential prey of all sizes. Also inclined to instinctively chase round objects."
December 13th, 2008
K Snaps says:
"She is a real friend of mine and in this virtual world - there is nothing I can appreciate more. Look at her pictures to understand the thinking behind it. It will make you feel happy."
September 2nd, 2008
- January 2007
- Chatham, Ontario
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: