I felt like it was time for an update here. So here it goes ....
Most people describe me as creative, funky, open-minded, fun and a bit silly. I try to keep active and get out to try new things. I cycle, do yoga and play slo-pitch to keep fit. I also do a lot of walking with my Pentax in hand! I make some of my own clothes and jewellery - I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and often make gifts for friends and family members. ;-)
I was lured here in 2006 by my good friend Philip (Piscesdreamer). It's been a great place to meet people, learn things, get inspiration and show off a little. I think I've learned a lot during my stay here and I think my photography has definitely gotten better but I still have more to learn. I'm glad Philip got me here on Flickr, I've made some great friends - thank you my dear!
You'll often find me wandering along Queen Street West, checking out folks' bikes with my second-hand Pentax K1000 (love my little Brick!), saying "Got it, got it, need it!!" ;p I'm finding more often I'm saying "Got it!" versus "Need it" but there's always something to see and shoot even if it isn't a cool bicycle bell!
Feedback and comments are always welcome!
Happy shooting all!
- FilmsNotDead 306 photos, 49 members
- Voigtlander 134,293 photos, 4,914 members
- Voigtlander Canada 474 photos, 24 members
- Urban Derelict 22,491 photos, 446 members
- TOPW goes to Elora 102 photos, 8 members
- Where's the Cephalopod? 72 photos, 14 members
- Howdy Stranger! Flickr Worldwide Photowalks 12,851 photos, 3,093 members
- Dogs, I love you 80,220 photos, 6,153 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 16,311 photos, 1,065 members
- SPACING MAGAZINE photo pool 11,355 photos, 313 members
- Makeover's Anonymou's 78 photos, 15 members
- bicycle.dreamin' 452 photos, 99 members
- Gay world in 35mm 377 photos, 51 members
- canon ixus 255 hs/canon elph 330 hs 2,326 photos, 36 members
- Classic Vintage Cycles 14,220 photos, 2,572 members
- Flickr Synchronicity 19 photos, 3 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 7,688 photos, 1,118 members
- TOPW Annual Photo Camp 210 photos, 10 members
- Sketch Club 19,618 photos, 1,744 members
- Urban Sketchers 200,001 photos, 8,946 members
- 365 days in 2013 6,005 photos, 37 members
- Tricot-graffiti au Québec / Yarn Bombing in Quebec 329 photos, 19 members
- The Official Hamilton Flickr Group 3,098 photos, 105 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 324,100 photos, 23,050 members
- British Columbia Film Photography 2,984 photos, 335 members
- Urban sites : under demolition / demolished 950 photos, 46 members
- Cupcake Ride 185 photos, 2 members
- bike wednesday 167 photos, 42 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 24,900 photos, 1,091 members
- Montreal ! Group 57,115 photos, 1,903 members
- Montreal Street Art / Art Urbain de Montréal 17,862 photos, 868 members
- Food you dare not taste (aka museum of scary food) 1,382 photos, 223 members
- *Mug Shot* 127 photos, 21 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,336 photos, 421 members
- Show Us Your Rogue 447 photos, 151 members
- love mannequins headless 731 photos, 290 members
- My Bikes Cooler than your Bike (Bicycle) 1,536 photos, 178 members
- Bike Mojo 3,761 photos, 149 members
- Fashion Bicycles 7,579 photos, 472 members
- A Mad Tea Party 7,221 photos, 308 members
- Toronto Tweed Ride 276 photos, 28 members
- Toronto Photo Walks: Year Two In Pictures 560 photos, 42 members
- TORONTO UNPUBLISHED 20,420 photos, 1,024 members
- The Colors Of Our Life 33,195 photos, 1,035 members
- Jack Layton Memorial Group 297 photos, 39 members
- Dufferin Grove Park 202 photos, 10 members
- The Pony Express Feedbag 231 photos, 10 members
- Found Film 4,711 photos, 527 members
- Toronto Toys (Cameras) 1,584 photos, 102 members
- 35mm Toy Cameras 25,243 photos, 1,570 members
"What can I say that others haven't already said? Well first off, she is a very good friend and I am very happy to have her friendship. I find it funny because we live in the same city and we often walk the same streets yet we've never met (strange, eh?). Her photostream currently has 8,343 items and to be honest with you, each one of those are worth looking at. I admire her because she documents her life and shares it with us. She's never afraid to take a picture of a store front sign or a bicycle bell. Anything that catches her eye, she shoots it and we see it. Whenever I walk down Queen St W and I see bikes and signs, it makes me think of her as I know this is something she would take a picture of, if she hasn't already.
I appreciate her friendship and if you add her as a contact, you won't be let down. I may not get to comment as often as I like, but I always look at her photostream when I'm on Flickr. I don't know her well enough like some of my other contacts do, but I know her well enough to be here typing this testimonial for her. Don't believe me? Go look at her photostream and get to know her through her photos.
Thank you for all the kindness you have shown me all these years. I'm wishing you all the best today, tomorrow, and in the new year.
December 25th, 2010
Dead Betty says:
"This is one cool chick who is a brilliant clicker talent. She inspires me to look for the unusual and odd that is out there and shoot it....some day we shall have a beer together, and it will be a great time. :D"
March 13th, 2009
This delightful creature thrives on good coffee and a diet of raw fish. Has been known to emit a blinding flash in order to stun potential prey of all sizes. Also inclined to instinctively chase round objects."
December 13th, 2008
K Snaps says:
"She is a real friend of mine and in this virtual world - there is nothing I can appreciate more. Look at her pictures to understand the thinking behind it. It will make you feel happy."
September 2nd, 2008
- January 2007
- Chatham, Ontario
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: