I felt like it was time for an update here. So here it goes ....
Most people describe me as creative, funky, open-minded, fun and a bit silly. I try to keep active and get out to try new things. I cycle, do yoga and play slo-pitch to keep fit. I also do a lot of walking with my Pentax in hand! I make some of my own clothes and jewellery - I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and often make gifts for friends and family members. ;-)
I was lured here in 2006 by my good friend Philip (Piscesdreamer). It's been a great place to meet people, learn things, get inspiration and show off a little. I think I've learned a lot during my stay here and I think my photography has definitely gotten better but I still have more to learn. I'm glad Philip got me here on Flickr, I've made some great friends - thank you my dear!
You'll often find me wandering along Queen Street West, checking out folks' bikes with my second-hand Pentax K1000 (love my little Brick!), saying "Got it, got it, need it!!" ;p I'm finding more often I'm saying "Got it!" versus "Need it" but there's always something to see and shoot even if it isn't a cool bicycle bell!
Feedback and comments are always welcome!
Happy shooting all!
- FilmsNotDead 1,269 photos, 61 members
- Voigtlander 142,527 photos, 5,078 members
- Voigtlander Canada 531 photos, 27 members
- Urban Derelict 27,621 photos, 514 members
- TOPW goes to Elora 102 photos, 8 members
- Where's the Cephalopod? 82 photos, 16 members
- Flickr Worldwide Photowalks - Macro 18,489 photos, 4,022 members
- Dogs, I love you 93,850 photos, 6,362 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 18,275 photos, 1,097 members
- SPACING MAGAZINE photo pool 13,435 photos, 328 members
- Makeover's Anonymou's 78 photos, 14 members
- bicycle.dreamin' 451 photos, 99 members
- Gay world in 35mm 377 photos, 51 members
- canon ixus 255 hs/canon elph 330 hs 2,409 photos, 39 members
- Classic Vintage Cycles 14,501 photos, 2,601 members
- Flickr Synchronicity 19 photos, 3 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 9,007 photos, 1,226 members
- TOPW Annual Photo Camp 278 photos, 13 members
- Sketch Club 21,724 photos, 1,824 members
- Urban Sketchers 214,109 photos, 9,352 members
- 365 days in 2013 6,005 photos, 36 members
- Tricot-graffiti au Québec / Yarn Bombing in Quebec 354 photos, 21 members
- The Official Hamilton Flickr Group 3,213 photos, 107 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 339,050 photos, 23,543 members
- British Columbia Film Photography 3,019 photos, 334 members
- Urban sites : under demolition / demolished 1,116 photos, 46 members
- Cupcake Ride 185 photos, 2 members
- bike wednesday 174 photos, 45 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 26,172 photos, 1,092 members
- Montreal ! Group 60,742 photos, 1,958 members
- Montreal Street Art / Art Urbain de Montréal 18,324 photos, 877 members
- Food you dare not taste (aka museum of scary food) 1,392 photos, 223 members
- *Mug Shot* 133 photos, 20 members
- Chalkboard Dust 1,370 photos, 423 members
- Show Us Your Rogue 449 photos, 150 members
- love mannequins headless 747 photos, 292 members
- My Bikes Cooler than your Bike (Bicycle) 1,516 photos, 177 members
- Bike Mojo 3,775 photos, 149 members
- Fashion Bicycles 7,563 photos, 475 members
- A Mad Tea Party 7,202 photos, 305 members
- Toronto Tweed Ride 276 photos, 28 members
- Toronto Photo Walks: Year Two In Pictures 560 photos, 42 members
- TORONTO UNPUBLISHED 22,073 photos, 1,043 members
- The Colors Of Our Life 32,826 photos, 1,029 members
- Jack Layton Memorial Group 296 photos, 38 members
- Dufferin Grove Park 205 photos, 10 members
- The Pony Express Feedbag 233 photos, 10 members
- Found Film 5,194 photos, 554 members
- Toronto Toys (Cameras) 1,592 photos, 102 members
- 35mm Toy Cameras 25,665 photos, 1,590 members
"What can I say that others haven't already said? Well first off, she is a very good friend and I am very happy to have her friendship. I find it funny because we live in the same city and we often walk the same streets yet we've never met (strange, eh?). Her photostream currently has 8,343 items and to be honest with you, each one of those are worth looking at. I admire her because she documents her life and shares it with us. She's never afraid to take a picture of a store front sign or a bicycle bell. Anything that catches her eye, she shoots it and we see it. Whenever I walk down Queen St W and I see bikes and signs, it makes me think of her as I know this is something she would take a picture of, if she hasn't already.
I appreciate her friendship and if you add her as a contact, you won't be let down. I may not get to comment as often as I like, but I always look at her photostream when I'm on Flickr. I don't know her well enough like some of my other contacts do, but I know her well enough to be here typing this testimonial for her. Don't believe me? Go look at her photostream and get to know her through her photos.
Thank you for all the kindness you have shown me all these years. I'm wishing you all the best today, tomorrow, and in the new year.
December 25th, 2010
Dead Betty says:
"This is one cool chick who is a brilliant clicker talent. She inspires me to look for the unusual and odd that is out there and shoot it....some day we shall have a beer together, and it will be a great time. :D"
March 13th, 2009
This delightful creature thrives on good coffee and a diet of raw fish. Has been known to emit a blinding flash in order to stun potential prey of all sizes. Also inclined to instinctively chase round objects."
December 13th, 2008
K Snaps says:
"She is a real friend of mine and in this virtual world - there is nothing I can appreciate more. Look at her pictures to understand the thinking behind it. It will make you feel happy."
September 2nd, 2008
- January 2007
- Chatham, Ontario
- Toronto, Canada
- I am: