I have finally set up a website using SquareSpace, please take a look here (work in progress):
My Facebook Photography page can be found here:
and if Twitter is your thing:
Finally I also recently joined Instagram at the following:
I enjoy travelling and photography has given me another excuse to travel to new Cities and destinations around the World.
In addition to photography I enjoy the great outdoors – surfing, snowboarding, cycling and walking. I can’t live without music, surround myself in books and enjoy a Beer or two and causing the occasional bit of trouble.
I have been taking photos for around five years now and still feel very much a beginner, so appreciate any feedback and advice. I currently have a Canon 5D Mark 2 kindly donated by a good friend and normally shoot with my lens of choice Canon 50mm 1.4. In addition I have a Canon 85mm 1.8 and recently purchased an anamorphic lens to use in conjunction with this.
In the summer of 2015 I was employed as PR & Marketing Manager for the Countrywide Great Tour. #CGT2015. The #CGT2015 was a 64 cycling challenge around the coastline of mainland Britain. The riders rode 100 km a day always staying in sight, sound and smell of the Coast. As I followed the riders for the entire period it was my job to document the ride, promoting it via social media.
This included taking photographs of the riders and the landscapes we travelled though. Sponsorship photos were also required. In addition to this I was in charge of keeping up to date their Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr pages along with writing a daily blog which was displayed on their website. A photo of the event was published every day in the Daily Telegraph who were covering the event in their sport section. My photos were also published in several Archant Magazines including Essex Life, Dorset Life and Devon Life as well as in the CTC (the National Cycling Charity) magazine.
If you would like to use any of my photos, would like to enquire about prints or using my images online, discuss work or photographic collaborations or for anything else just drop me an email via flickr or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for looking me up and checking my photography, Peace.
Some write ups and other bits on the Internet relating to some of my Photos:
From the Canon Monthly Newsletter:
Mother and Baby Photo from Bamako, Mali published in the Celebrate African Children Book by Renee Hollis:
Metro Newspaper Piece:
Shutter photo write up:
Featured on the Guardian Travel site on Friday 10th December (2010):
A close up water shot taken in Cardiff Bay showing a 'Micro wave' was published in UK Surf Magazine Carve (2010)
One of my travel photos was published as Travel Photo of the Week Sunday Times Travel supplement:
One of my Cardiff Bay Photos was selected and turned into a postcard to promote Cardiff Bay, Wales, UK (2011):
One of my NYC Photos was selected and used for a Google Chrome Layout (2011):
Some blogs containing my photos:
Some travel Photography essays for Dispatches International:
If you would like to use any of my photographs for anything please contact me first for my permission.
- FINDUSELF 11,563 photos, 1,011 members
- An Indian Portrait 61,235 photos, 3,743 members
- Canonistas 479,540 photos, 8,134 members
- Image Gallery Art (Only Photos with Women) 46,918 photos, 1,419 members
- Photofocus 87,417 photos, 8,077 members
- Life in the Street Photography 241,628 photos, 3,466 members
- Planet Plastic 464 photos, 75 members
- SNIFF CLICK 1,700 photos, 506 members
- Colours Strong 80,751 photos, 1,897 members
- Stuff on Water "opted out of 30/60" 49,181 photos, 980 members
- Southend - Essex 11,419 photos, 464 members
- We love beach! 39,789 photos, 2,589 members
- Photographic Art 216,472 photos, 5,887 members
- Colors In Our World (P1 - A2) No People Pics 99,278 photos, 6,966 members
- TRUE COLORS: The colorful lives of QUEERS 1,574 photos, 270 members
- Colourful Things 3,407 photos, 131 members
- Colourful 19,241 photos, 610 members
- The Colourful World 20,117 photos, 468 members
- Colorful stuff 38,634 photos, 2,142 members
- What a colorful world 5,658 photos, 285 members
- Portraits / Retratos 347,455 photos, 31,283 members
- portraits and faces. 1,983,674 photos, 99,708 members
- We belong to the sea 114,006 photos, 5,390 members
- sea and shore 37,958 photos, 1,633 members
- Maritime (anything sea related from all around the globe) 89,258 photos, 2,474 members
- Sea and shores 44,983 photos, 2,808 members
- Sea & Ocean Beauty 43,404 photos, 2,889 members
- Sea & crashing waves lovers - Pls no people pics! 24,315 photos, 3,128 members
- Sea, Sun & Clouds 177,675 photos, 21,969 members
- "SEASCAPE" 258,961 photos, 8,776 members
- Flowers Without Limits! 529,628 photos, 18,192 members
- Photo Feelings 34,636 photos, 1,526 members
- Land Of Landscapes Magazine 55,747 photos, 2,621 members
- Canon Natural Light Photography 20,377 photos, 321 members
- Travel and Street Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots 4,011 photos, 210 members
- !Portfolio of People (HIGH QUALITY, ADMIN MODERATED p1/c2) 234,076 photos, 6,311 members
- Art of Life 13,320 photos, 663 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Users 38,013 photos, 1,094 members
- 5D Mark IV Full Frame Canon 40,494 photos, 1,248 members
- Global Poverty 22,682 photos, 2,626 members
- Kids of the world 39,480 photos, 2,292 members
- Portraits with soul 184,057 photos, 7,043 members
- Portraits... Get Closer! 690,791 photos, 34,214 members
- The Eclectic Photographer 10,816 photos, 123 members
- The Portrait Group 3,067,135 photos, 166,859 members
- Face Studies Of The World 31,771 photos, 1,089 members
- The Official Digital Camera Magazine Flickr Group 365,026 photos, 4,009 members
- LOOK ! *** the Home of great Photos *** no 30 / 60 Limit he 94,985 photos, 4,558 members
- Poésie urbaine - Urban poetry 11,360 photos, 1,012 members
- ㋡ SMICKR = SmugMug + Flickr ㋡ 39,509 photos, 1,069 members
"I met Geraint in Barcelona, he taught me a lot in his street photo workshops, he's very kind and patient, always willing to teach and share his experience and talent."
November 14th, 2017
Stu Ross says:
"If Geraint hadn't "followed" me, I wouldn't have discovered his excellent work. Possesses an excellent eye for the unusual."
April 17th, 2016
"Very nice gallery, with many nice and some great and amazing shot! Nice compositions, light and colors!"
October 14th, 2017
Maria Salvador says:
" Love how life is always present on Geraint Rowland's photographs, adding a special dimension to his work, and as well love the quiet peacefulness of his abstract seascapes.
Beauty, life and tenderness are here all around!"
October 19th, 2017
- Geraint Rowland
- January 2009
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Open
- Geraint Rowland Photography