- Reading & Books in Art 175 photos, 20 members
- Vintage Japanese Advertising 1,065 photos, 334 members
- Showa Period Japan 1945-89 998 photos, 199 members
- Food you dare not taste (aka museum of scary food) 1,391 photos, 224 members
- FOOD NOSTALGIA 9,786 photos, 544 members
- WorldWar 8,588 photos, 102 members
- 70s 10,580 photos, 706 members
- Hats Hats Hats 8,576 photos, 703 members
- Early Advertising (pre 1920) 9,930 photos, 570 members
- 1910s Fashion & Costume 1,613 photos, 146 members
- Ads Through the Ages 49,615 photos, 739 members
- 1930s Fashion 1,397 photos, 162 members
- vintage hats 6,656 photos, 389 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,460 photos, 166 members
- Animals R Us 2,307 photos, 124 members
- The Great War 1914 - 1918 36,981 photos, 2,037 members
- Exotic Ephemera 719 photos, 283 members
- Vintage old photos from Portugal / Fotos antigas de Portugal 1,793 photos, 179 members
- Corpo Expedicionário Português 144 photos, 20 members
- Movies. 25,734 photos, 584 members
- Vintage Propaganda 4,834 photos, 1,054 members
- EARLY 20TH CENTURY ART 2,328 photos, 241 members
- Belle Époque Illustration 1,654 photos, 616 members
- Vintage Bride 2,839 photos, 686 members
- Aspic Delight! 952 photos, 186 members
- 1920's 9,619 photos, 1,103 members
- Kate Bush 175 photos, 117 members
- Vintage Illustration 66,666 photos, 6,082 members
- Vintage Kimono 1,349 photos, 329 members
- Jazz-Age in Print (20s-30s) [VINTAGE] 4,303 photos, 1,518 members
- Wedge Heels & Wartime - Forties in Print [VINTAGE] 7,210 photos, 852 members
- Vintage Magazines 62,011 photos, 3,282 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 31,017 photos, 5,236 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 3,156 photos, 948 members
- Vintage Hair 8,927 photos, 1,952 members
Plum leaves says:
"I just saw your blog -- wonderful idea!
AN OLD PAINTING A DAY: oldpainting.blogs..."
January 8th, 2011
"Gatochy has all those almost forgotten treasure trove photos of paintings and models, it's amazing. It's similar to going into your grandmothers attic and finding everything you could ever dream of. I appreciate the fact that she uploads these also, for her 'fans'."
March 29th, 2009
"Be you a fledgeling addict or hard-core stalker of vintage illustration, you cannot fail to be captivated by the beauty and range of Gatochy's brilliant collection. Top Class!"
December 26th, 2008
"I always feel elevated and filled with delighted wonder every time I visit Gatochy's photostream.
She has such elegant and superb taste, and such a sense of old-world timelessness. It is a treat to see the treasures she has uncovered.
Visit her daily, and I promise you, you will feel better about being Human!"
November 23rd, 2008
"What an amazing collection of images. I'm sure I'll keep coming back and find new things with each journey."
February 27th, 2008
Paula Wirth says:
"One of the most prolific and interesting posters of vintage ephemera on flickr -- she's a sure fave!!! A welcome addition to any group, indeed."
September 28th, 2007
Miss Retro Modern says:
"Gatochy posts some of the most interesting pictures around ... and more importantly, she's a fellow lover of veggies in aspic!"
July 16th, 2007
"I find Mariana's Pic's very intrugeing,although much more if I spoke Portuguese,There's allways an intresting mix of photos here!!!"
June 29th, 2007
"The livelihood of a "picker" depends on the sensitive eye; recognizing the beauty and worth in objects that others dismiss or fail even to perceive. Gatochy is my favorite picker, her choices never cease to inform and delight!"
April 23rd, 2007
Charm and Poise says:
"Here's something I know for sure about Gatochy: she loves beauty in whatever interesting package it might come in. A blushing flapper. A glistening 1930s movie goddess. A shivering plate of delightful aspic. Her eye is attuned to the lovely and the irreverent -- a wonderful combination if you ask me!"
February 1st, 2007
senses working overtime says:
"A wonderland of visual goodness!
Simply superb stuff!"
September 6th, 2006
- May 2006
- Lisbon, Portugal
- I am: