- Reading & Books in Art 119 photos, 14 members
- Vintage Japanese Advertising 971 photos, 267 members
- Showa Period Japan 1945-89 924 photos, 180 members
- Food you dare not taste (aka museum of scary food) 1,399 photos, 220 members
- FOOD NOSTALGIA 8,192 photos, 496 members
- WorldWar 459 photos, 33 members
- 70s 7,980 photos, 612 members
- Hats Hats Hats 6,200 photos, 622 members
- Early Advertising (pre 1920) 6,612 photos, 533 members
- 1910s Fashion & Costume 1,260 photos, 117 members
- Ads Through the Ages 32,542 photos, 601 members
- 1930s Fashion 1,106 photos, 132 members
- vintage hats 5,079 photos, 376 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,216 photos, 156 members
- Animals R Us 1,975 photos, 129 members
- The Great War 1914 - 1918 27,863 photos, 1,718 members
- Exotic Ephemera 678 photos, 261 members
- Vintage old photos from Portugal / Fotos antigas de Portugal 1,837 photos, 141 members
- Corpo Expedicionário Português 107 photos, 18 members
- Movies. 19,368 photos, 514 members
- Vintage Propaganda 3,652 photos, 902 members
- EARLY 20TH CENTURY ART 1,861 photos, 203 members
- Belle Époque Illustration 1,418 photos, 576 members
- Vintage Bride 1,935 photos, 622 members
- Aspic Delight! 828 photos, 172 members
- 1920's 7,102 photos, 1,016 members
- Kate Bush 148 photos, 106 members
- Vintage Illustration 55,743 photos, 5,629 members
- Vintage Kimono 929 photos, 281 members
- Jazz-Age in Print (20s-30s) [VINTAGE] 4,062 photos, 1,420 members
- Wedge Heels & Wartime - Forties in Print [VINTAGE] 6,377 photos, 779 members
- Vintage Magazines 33,992 photos, 2,852 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 27,053 photos, 4,960 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 2,457 photos, 913 members
- Vintage Hair 6,528 photos, 1,876 members
Plum leaves says:
"I just saw your blog -- wonderful idea!
AN OLD PAINTING A DAY: oldpainting.blogs..."
8th January, 2011
"Gatochy has all those almost forgotten treasure trove photos of paintings and models, it's amazing. It's similar to going into your grandmothers attic and finding everything you could ever dream of. I appreciate the fact that she uploads these also, for her 'fans'."
29th March, 2009
"Be you a fledgeling addict or hard-core stalker of vintage illustration, you cannot fail to be captivated by the beauty and range of Gatochy's brilliant collection. Top Class!"
26th December, 2008
"I always feel elevated and filled with delighted wonder every time I visit Gatochy's photostream.
She has such elegant and superb taste, and such a sense of old-world timelessness. It is a treat to see the treasures she has uncovered.
Visit her daily, and I promise you, you will feel better about being Human!"
23rd November, 2008
"What an amazing collection of images. I'm sure I'll keep coming back and find new things with each journey."
27th February, 2008
Paula Wirth says:
"One of the most prolific and interesting posters of vintage ephemera on flickr -- she's a sure fave!!! A welcome addition to any group, indeed."
28th September, 2007
Miss Retro Modern says:
"Gatochy posts some of the most interesting pictures around ... and more importantly, she's a fellow lover of veggies in aspic!"
16th July, 2007
"I find Mariana's Pic's very intrugeing,although much more if I spoke Portuguese,There's allways an intresting mix of photos here!!!"
29th June, 2007
"The livelihood of a "picker" depends on the sensitive eye; recognizing the beauty and worth in objects that others dismiss or fail even to perceive. Gatochy is my favorite picker, her choices never cease to inform and delight!"
23rd April, 2007
Charm and Poise says:
"Here's something I know for sure about Gatochy: she loves beauty in whatever interesting package it might come in. A blushing flapper. A glistening 1930s movie goddess. A shivering plate of delightful aspic. Her eye is attuned to the lovely and the irreverent -- a wonderful combination if you ask me!"
1st February, 2007
senses working overtime says:
"A wonderland of visual goodness!
Simply superb stuff!"
6th September, 2006
- May 2006
- Lisbon, Portugal
- I am: