Thank you for visiting my profile.
Thankfully after 2 years of trouble with my eyesight, cataracts, both have now been fixed and am hoping to resume my activities on Flickr, you never know I might get around to posting some more pictures. I have plenty to choose from but it now a question of knowing where to start.
I am now retired but my busy life and two dogs ensure I never have as much time to take pictures as I would like. I take my pictures for fun only, I do not do Art but am pleased to say that just occasionally I manage to achieve it. I leave it to you to decide which ones did.
I prepare all my pictures for publication on Flickr and will do whatever it takes to make them work as images.
All of my pictures are available to use under the most lenient Creative Commons Licence. Do what you will with them as my only aim is for them to be seen and all I ask is an Attribution. It amazes me daily where I find my pictures being used and am proud to see them being used in blogs and websites worldwide.
You will notice that I take a lot of Candids and not just because they prove popular with my audience but mainly because people (girls particularly) are fascinating, every other subject can be, at best, only interesting.
I believe 'Every Picture Tells a Story' however a lot of my pictures just illustrate the one written in the description. Open one up you might enjoy the trip.
I have used this site as a bit of an autobiography, using pictures to paint a picture of my life but I see it has also become a romance telling the story of my life with my wife and our children. It has not all been plain sailing, who's life is, but through it all I hope you can see the love and warmth that have filled my life
I also love my Canon G3 and EOS 450D with the EF70-300mm IS USM lens. I'm still not convinced by the Sony DSC-TX5 however though the panorama feature is amazing. (Since writing that line over 2 years ago I can report that 'My Little Sony' is now my camera of choice. It does so much and weighs next to nothing. Sadly the Sony has suffered a breakage and my wonderful wife bought me a Samsung Galaxy camera to replace it as a Christmas present in 2013. It's a lovely camera and takes great pictures but it is both bulky and fiddly, not a great combination especially for taking candids.
I take my pictures for Friends. Family and Fun and if you enjoy them as well then so much the better. I love people looking at my pictures but I love those who leave messages even more. I do try to reply to all of them.
It was my intention when creating this site to keep it to a 'Best Of' collection. With over 15000 pictures to choose from it has been a hard task stopping myself from uploading everything but hope I have been successful at ensuring only my most interesting pictures made it for your attention and pleasure. I hope you enjoy it.
I keep all my pictures in easy to use sets so if you like family pictures but not wildlife or sport a quick flick through the sets will get you to the pictures you might enjoy.
I have geotagged all my pictures so you can see almost exactly where the pictures were taken and the location of the places that play an important part in my life.
Some simple rules:
# My site is completely PUBLIC so I don't have any FRIENDS or FAMILY photos.
# If you add me as a contact and you mention me as Friend or Family, don't expect to see more photos
# If you don't have any Public Pictures on your Photostream I will never add you as a Contact.
# If your Photostream comprises only close-ups of intimate body parts, don't expect me to add you as any Contact or give you any feedback. I am really not interested in that kind of stuff.
# I am only interested in your Photostream if you took the pictures yourself. Borrowing other peoples and passing them off as yours is not exactly demonstrating your skill as a photographer, is it?
# I do not mind If you 'Favourite' a number of photographs but without any comments I will not get back to you. I put my pictures up for people to enjoy so I can't complain when they do.
Thanks for visiting my profile.
- King Alfonso's Jokkmokk Memorial Sculpture Garden 973 photos, 45 members
- 12,000 Views Unlimited 12000 8,522 photos, 816 members
- 30,000 Views Unlimited 30000 4,594 photos, 674 members
- Godalming, Surrey 33 photos, 6 members
- !*Flickr All Stars*! 892,380 photos, 8,554 members
- Happy Camper 3000 1,984 photos, 71 members
- RTC - Round the Corner 1,540 photos, 60 members
- FlickrCentral With No Posting Limit 740,545 photos, 3,474 members
- TRAVEL Photography! 1,618,881 photos, 19,931 members
- worldwidewandering - a travel atlas 705,988 photos, 8,119 members
- Favorites: 15 95,247 photos, 9,706 members
- Nicely Composed 74,882 photos, 1,574 members
- A VIEW FROM ABOVE' 1,429 photos, 229 members
- Valentine Cool 4,151 photos, 617 members
- Panasonic TZ Users 27,398 photos, 497 members
- COLL. par Impatience_1 *FLEURS*VERDURE*ARBRES*Adm.inv. 60,982 photos, 1,127 members
- Science, Technology, History 75,864 photos, 1,693 members
- Old Photographs 203,896 photos, 5,792 members
- *Beautiful Girls* ~ No 30/60 rule 751,054 photos, 32,330 members
- Flickr Over 50 124,865 photos, 547 members
- *Really Unlimited* 419,448 photos, 1,846 members
- C'était HIER...en IMAGES... 11,398 photos, 174 members
- Trésors d'Autrefois 5,544 photos, 151 members
- Favorites: 50 53,426 photos, 8,147 members
- Stuff on Signs "opted out of 30/60" 3,899 photos, 78 members
- Murals Graffiti n Stuff "opted out of 30/60" 5,944 photos, 55 members
- Stuff in Stone and Bronze "opted out of 30/60" 908 photos, 32 members
- COLL. par Impatience_1 * La FAUNE * Adm.Inv. 61,253 photos, 1,300 members
- COLL. par Impatience_1 * L'Heure à travers le Temps * Adm.Inv. 15,816 photos, 419 members
- COLL.par Impatience_1 *COLOR*FORM*ABSTRACT*Adm.Inv. 21,631 photos, 733 members
- COLL. par Impatience-1*Humour*Drôleries* Adm.inv. 2,134 photos, 192 members
- ALL CHURCH INTERIORS 4,340 photos, 199 members
- Turn around 3,132 photos, 963 members
- Volvos, Old and New 55,311 photos, 821 members
- ELEANOR RIGBY only people 19,335 photos, 432 members
- A Personal Viewpoint 154,093 photos, 942 members
- Smartphone people 1,734 photos, 106 members
- All great pictures - NO 30/60 Limit 16,470 photos, 170 members
- Flip Flop Feet 813 photos, 169 members
- Bristol 138,372 photos, 4,614 members
- World Street Photography! Full Color and Monochrome. 277,921 photos, 5,192 members
- candid tattoo girls 597 photos, 45 members
- This Is England 366,486 photos, 3,727 members
- Group for all users of FLICKR - No 30/60 Groups Limit 1,273,820 photos, 13,665 members
- Ob-long (Please Heed Rules!) 33,248 photos, 1,163 members
- What a fuckin shot ! 3,027 photos, 83 members
- This girl can make my day HQ 12,576 photos, 1,851 members
- Views: 2000 151,610 photos, 12,200 members
- Favorites: 20 102,284 photos, 11,254 members
- Streets of the World 68,684 photos, 1,638 members
"Gareth is a gem, with a great sense of humour! I always look forward to browsing his shots and having a bit of a laugh! His shots almost always have a twist to them, and I like this. Keep up the good work, Gareth!! :)"
April 9th, 2011
- Gareth Williams
- July 2009
- Redhill, England
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- gareth250653 [at] yahoo.com