Thank you for visiting my profile.
Thankfully after 2 years of trouble with my eyesight, cataracts, both have now been fixed and am hoping to resume my activities on Flickr, you never know I might get around to posting some more pictures. I have plenty to choose from but it now a question of knowing where to start.
I am now retired but my busy life and two dogs ensure I never have as much time to take pictures as I would like. I take my pictures for fun only, I do not do Art but am pleased to say that just occasionally I manage to achieve it. I leave it to you to decide which ones did.
I prepare all my pictures for publication on Flickr and will do whatever it takes to make them work as images.
All of my pictures are available to use under the most lenient Creative Commons Licence. Do what you will with them as my only aim is for them to be seen and all I ask is an Attribution. It amazes me daily where I find my pictures being used and am proud to see them being used in blogs and websites worldwide.
You will notice that I take a lot of Candids and not just because they prove popular with my audience but mainly because people (girls particularly) are fascinating, every other subject can be, at best, only interesting.
I believe 'Every Picture Tells a Story' however a lot of my pictures just illustrate the one written in the description. Open one up you might enjoy the trip.
I have used this site as a bit of an autobiography, using pictures to paint a picture of my life but I see it has also become a romance telling the story of my life with my wife and our children. It has not all been plain sailing, who's life is, but through it all I hope you can see the love and warmth that have filled my life
I also love my Canon G3 and EOS 450D with the EF70-300mm IS USM lens. I'm still not convinced by the Sony DSC-TX5 however though the panorama feature is amazing. (Since writing that line over 2 years ago I can report that 'My Little Sony' is now my camera of choice. It does so much and weighs next to nothing. Sadly the Sony has suffered a breakage and my wonderful wife bought me a Samsung Galaxy camera to replace it as a Christmas present in 2013. It's a lovely camera and takes great pictures but it is both bulky and fiddly, not a great combination especially for taking candids.
I take my pictures for Friends. Family and Fun and if you enjoy them as well then so much the better. I love people looking at my pictures but I love those who leave messages even more. I do try to reply to all of them.
It was my intention when creating this site to keep it to a 'Best Of' collection. With over 15000 pictures to choose from it has been a hard task stopping myself from uploading everything but hope I have been successful at ensuring only my most interesting pictures made it for your attention and pleasure. I hope you enjoy it.
I keep all my pictures in easy to use sets so if you like family pictures but not wildlife or sport a quick flick through the sets will get you to the pictures you might enjoy.
I have geotagged all my pictures so you can see almost exactly where the pictures were taken and the location of the places that play an important part in my life.
Some simple rules:
# My site is completely PUBLIC so I don't have any FRIENDS or FAMILY photos.
# If you add me as a contact and you mention me as Friend or Family, don't expect to see more photos
# If you don't have any Public Pictures on your Photostream I will never add you as a Contact.
# If your Photostream comprises only close-ups of intimate body parts, don't expect me to add you as any Contact or give you any feedback. I am really not interested in that kind of stuff.
# I am only interested in your Photostream if you took the pictures yourself. Borrowing other peoples and passing them off as yours is not exactly demonstrating your skill as a photographer, is it?
# I do not mind If you 'Favourite' a number of photographs but without any comments I will not get back to you. I put my pictures up for people to enjoy so I can't complain when they do.
Thanks for visiting my profile.
- !Flood the Pool (No rules, No Restrictions) 697,146 photos, 541 members
- *****Mein Freund der Baum***** 39,677 photos, 794 members
- DES FILLES DANS LA RUE 7,428 photos, 229 members
- ~i capture the street! ᑕ.ᒪ.I.ᑕ.K ~ (CANDID/ CLOSE UP) 74,644 photos, 2,763 members
- Capital cities around the world - Damn: READ WHAT IT'S ABOUT!!! 77,062 photos, 2,953 members
- Seeing people, i see stories to tell 8,860 photos, 397 members
- Bits Pieces 3,034 photos, 211 members
- cameragirls 1,033 photos, 58 members
- Art makes you happy! 113,147 photos, 4,459 members
- Wow, that's CANDID!!! 5,377 photos, 548 members
- Free For Commercial Use! 85 photos, 9 members
- Peak District Scenes 26,967 photos, 793 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 67,527 photos, 3,671 members
- LONDON LONDON LONDON 74,706 photos, 5,869 members
- UK Culture, Heritage and People 15,866 photos, 148 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 296,196 photos, 16,433 members
- TRAVEL does the ❤️ good ! .. Include LOCATION in title.. 59,879 photos, 2,243 members
- As Good As It Gets~ ...the Home of GOOD photography 98,000 photos, 4,193 members
- ANYTHING ALLOWED!!!!!! 2,079,468 photos, 22,495 members
- Camden Life 2,978 photos, 395 members
- Evocando El Pasado * Evoking the Past * 87,871 photos, 2,018 members
- Allure and Beauty: Beautiful Vintage Women 45,597 photos, 584 members
- PLANET EARTH BACK IN THE DAY 142,392 photos, 3,484 members
- 50,000 Views Unlimited 50000 1,259 photos, 346 members
- Feature your photo on www.caption.me (comedy competition) 2,824 photos, 574 members
- *Mágico Mundo Natural * Magical Natural World * 158,307 photos, 3,962 members
- Girls With Glasses 19,000 photos, 4,519 members
- The Dumpster 33,758 photos, 188 members
- Contemplación * Contemplation * 83,560 photos, 2,314 members
- Why was everything brown in the 1970s? 76 photos, 13 members
- 6,000 Views Unlimited 6000 59,091 photos, 3,339 members
- Unposed and Unpolished 38,474 photos, 1,197 members
- Image Portrait Gallery !!! - B&W or Color !!! 180,102 photos, 4,244 members
- A COSY COTTAGE. 10,120 photos, 890 members
- School Signs 106 photos, 29 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 96,491 photos, 3,228 members
- A.C.M C. .BRITAIN 41,489 photos, 4,558 members
- Tree Photos 253,914 photos, 14,398 members
- The StockYard - For Creative Commons Images/Textures Only 8,261 photos, 783 members
- Don't Look Down ( people with their mobiles and tablets ) INVIT 1,560 photos, 81 members
- AR2L ( Auto Rear Lamps | Lights ) 23,699 photos, 647 members
- County of Middlesex 4,808 photos, 49 members
- Orange Commune 11,802 photos, 1,597 members
- CANON-NO LIMIT 1,209,434 photos, 13,153 members
- *** Zeitgeist of Today *** 24,089 photos, 1,136 members
- Weather Vane 4,366 photos, 657 members
- СКУЛЬПТУРА 1,732 photos, 28 members
- ПОЛИТИКА/POLITICS 713 photos, 21 members
- АВТОМОБИЛИ 19,900 photos, 110 members
- Anything that is BRITISH 5,890 photos, 71 members
"Gareth is a gem, with a great sense of humour! I always look forward to browsing his shots and having a bit of a laugh! His shots almost always have a twist to them, and I like this. Keep up the good work, Gareth!! :)"
April 9th, 2011
- Gareth Williams
- July 2009
- Redhill, England
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- gareth250653 [at] yahoo.com