I am a designer interested in history of design, architecture, arts and technology.
I am a plastics collector, from the 19th century (maybe earlier) on. I have a small collection of objects I will share with Flickr users.
I live in Rio, Brazil, and would love to hear from anyone with similar interests.
Update August 2008:
I have just got a Master's Degree in Design with a dissertation about (guess) Plastics Design History.
Update December 2008:
I am now a teacher in the Design Department (BAI) at UFRJ (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro)!
Update November 2009:
I have just been accepted in the Doctorate Program in Visual Arts (Image and Culture) at UFRJ!
Please check out this site to learn about and take some action on the dangers of a household plastic named PVC, aka Vinyl:
and this one too:
- Camera-wiki.org 89,013 photos, 2,456 members
- Vintage Plastic Homeware 729 photos, 54 members
- jellies sandals-sandales plastique 35 photos, 87 members
- Nineteenth Century Ambrotypes 993 photos, 130 members
- Abraham Palatnik Sculptures 38 photos, 22 members
- Antique Machinery 5,551 photos, 178 members
- Metal Deco 1,572 photos, 148 members
- CAFOFO RETRÔ 476 photos, 174 members
- Eye for Design 771 photos, 75 members
- About Stock Photo | www.aboutstockphoto.com 5,132 photos, 741 members
- Longer, Lower, Wider- Vintage Dream Cars and Styling Prototypes 1,719 photos, 292 members
- braun 1,605 photos, 371 members
- hfg ulm 277 photos, 134 members
- Perpetual Calendars 175 photos, 45 members
- Moonbase Alpha 331 photos, 113 members
- Memphis Group 69 photos, 30 members
- Verner Panton 269 photos, 61 members
- Life in Plastic 172,314 photos, 2,983 members
- Kapsa 206 photos, 57 members
- Observing the Design 721 photos, 57 members
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN 1920-1950 231 photos, 154 members
- Streamline Moderne Architecture (Quality Images) 4,206 photos, 817 members
- Digital fabrication 4,844 photos, 1,020 members
- Vintage Tupperware 94 photos, 61 members
- Vintage Tupperware Collectors 412 photos, 214 members
- History Of Radio 494 photos, 73 members
- The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera 8,786 photos, 658 members
- The Modern Accumulator 842 photos, 258 members
- .·:*¨*:·.Nostalgia.·:*¨*:·. 23,150 photos, 334 members
- **Collections for Collectors (CFC) No Limits** 33,011 photos, 438 members
- THE GAMES WE PLAY 12,439 photos, 138 members
- COLLECTOR`S LOT 22,188 photos, 181 members
- Of a Bygone Age. (Retro Stuff) 48,985 photos, 738 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 17,623 photos, 551 members
- Herman Miller 1,551 photos, 457 members
- Vintage Radio 5,534 photos, 640 members
- Tabletop & Portable Radios 3,056 photos, 158 members
- Marconi, radio and radioamateurs activity 2,621 photos, 197 members
- Arne Jacobsen 852 photos, 321 members
- Bangle Lovers 1,719 photos, 292 members
- Extraordinarily Ordinary(No animal, people or nature shots) 47,142 photos, 2,275 members
- Vintage Industry 1,283 photos, 328 members
- "They don't make them like they used to" 24,956 photos, 482 members
- Eero Aarnio 637 photos, 177 members
- Vintage boxes - Boites anciennes -Cojea antiguas 1,502 photos, 302 members
- Vintage Matchbooks and Matchboxes 8,649 photos, 562 members
- Gilbert Rohde - Modern Designs 1,633 photos, 84 members
- Nifty Thrift 54,872 photos, 3,887 members
- Object(s) 36,043 photos, 2,145 members
- FETISH OBJECTS 1,493 photos, 213 members
"Incredible artistic photos of some insanely cool plastics!
"Plastic. I love plastic. I want to be plastic."
"Now, hand over that damn plastic scottydog fork!"
August 15th, 2008
"galeesa is my Brazilian blood brother. His product photos showcase a wonderful collection of the greatest hits of industrial design. He has a special thing for Bakelite and plastic, and he always manages to retrieve fascinating examples from the past. He's an asset to the flickr community, and a most pleasant contact and friend."
July 27th, 2007
Splendor and Demise says:
"Galessa is one of the people who make Flickr great. To begin with, he's got a great eye for the 'interestingness' of an object. He tends to collect vintage objects and very often knows a great deal about it's provenance, historical uses, etc.
Galessa's photography techniques are frequently flawless - almost to the point of appearing unreal. Considering his very basic equipment, he's got the soul and skill of a commercial photographer but doesn't know it yet.
Finally, Galessa is always available for comment and helpful advice to others. This and all of the above makes him one of the Flickr heros in my book."
March 28th, 2007
- gerson lessa
- December 2006
- niteroi, rio de janeiro (just across the bay), brazil
- I am:
- Male and Single
- designer / researcher
- glplastico [at] gmail.com