I am a designer interested in history of design, architecture, arts and technology.
I am a plastics collector, from the 19th century (maybe earlier) on. I have a small collection of objects I will share with Flickr users.
I live in Rio, Brazil, and would love to hear from anyone with similar interests.
Update August 2008:
I have just got a Master's Degree in Design with a dissertation about (guess) Plastics Design History.
Update December 2008:
I am now a teacher in the Design Department (BAI) at UFRJ (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro)!
Update November 2009:
I have just been accepted in the Doctorate Program in Visual Arts (Image and Culture) at UFRJ!
Please check out this site to learn about and take some action on the dangers of a household plastic named PVC, aka Vinyl:
and this one too:
- Camera-wiki.org 78,822 photos, 2,088 members
- Vintage Plastic Homeware 728 photos, 52 members
- jellies sandals-sandales plastique 48 photos, 79 members
- Nineteenth Century Ambrotypes 973 photos, 116 members
- Abraham Palatnik Sculptures 38 photos, 23 members
- Antique Machinery 4,573 photos, 160 members
- Metal Deco 1,427 photos, 136 members
- CAFOFO RETRÔ 477 photos, 173 members
- Eye for Design 663 photos, 50 members
- About Stock Photo | www.aboutstockphoto.com 4,656 photos, 754 members
- Longer, Lower, Wider- Vintage Dream Cars and Styling Prototypes 1,738 photos, 284 members
- braun 1,542 photos, 362 members
- hfg ulm 258 photos, 129 members
- Perpetual Calendars 169 photos, 46 members
- Moonbase Alpha 319 photos, 108 members
- Memphis Group 68 photos, 31 members
- Verner Panton 307 photos, 61 members
- Life in Plastic 144,997 photos, 2,742 members
- Kapsa 204 photos, 58 members
- Observing the Design 668 photos, 58 members
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN 1920-1950 262 photos, 150 members
- Streamline Moderne Architecture (Quality Images) 4,282 photos, 790 members
- Digital fabrication 4,661 photos, 1,014 members
- Vintage Tupperware 95 photos, 59 members
- Vintage Tupperware Collectors 403 photos, 198 members
- History Of Radio 424 photos, 69 members
- The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera 8,532 photos, 638 members
- The Modern Accumulator 915 photos, 262 members
- .·:*¨*:·.Nostalgia.·:*¨*:·. 16,599 photos, 308 members
- **Collections for Collectors (CFC) No Limits** 26,855 photos, 416 members
- THE GAMES WE PLAY 5,123 photos, 104 members
- COLLECTOR`S LOT 18,422 photos, 174 members
- Of a Bygone Age. (Retro Stuff) 41,708 photos, 718 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 14,433 photos, 533 members
- Herman Miller 1,552 photos, 455 members
- Vintage Radio 4,510 photos, 589 members
- Tabletop & Portable Radios 2,270 photos, 138 members
- Marconi, radio and radioamateurs activity 2,265 photos, 191 members
- Arne Jacobsen 872 photos, 320 members
- Bangle Lovers 1,580 photos, 289 members
- Extraordinarily Ordinary(No animal, people or nature shots) 45,809 photos, 2,274 members
- Vintage Industry 1,275 photos, 318 members
- "They don't make them like they used to" 20,203 photos, 471 members
- Eero Aarnio 647 photos, 177 members
- Vintage boxes - Boites anciennes -Cojea antiguas 1,355 photos, 287 members
- Vintage Matchbooks and Matchboxes 7,459 photos, 490 members
- Gilbert Rohde - Modern Designs 1,635 photos, 86 members
- Nifty Thrift 54,047 photos, 3,918 members
- Object(s) 32,250 photos, 2,011 members
- FETISH OBJECTS 1,373 photos, 201 members
"Incredible artistic photos of some insanely cool plastics!
"Plastic. I love plastic. I want to be plastic."
"Now, hand over that damn plastic scottydog fork!"
August 15th, 2008
"galeesa is my Brazilian blood brother. His product photos showcase a wonderful collection of the greatest hits of industrial design. He has a special thing for Bakelite and plastic, and he always manages to retrieve fascinating examples from the past. He's an asset to the flickr community, and a most pleasant contact and friend."
July 27th, 2007
Splendor and Demise says:
"Galessa is one of the people who make Flickr great. To begin with, he's got a great eye for the 'interestingness' of an object. He tends to collect vintage objects and very often knows a great deal about it's provenance, historical uses, etc.
Galessa's photography techniques are frequently flawless - almost to the point of appearing unreal. Considering his very basic equipment, he's got the soul and skill of a commercial photographer but doesn't know it yet.
Finally, Galessa is always available for comment and helpful advice to others. This and all of the above makes him one of the Flickr heros in my book."
March 28th, 2007
- gerson lessa
- December 2006
- niteroi, rio de janeiro (just across the bay), brazil
- I am:
- Male and Single
- designer / researcher
- glplastico [at] gmail.com