I am a designer interested in history of design, architecture, arts and technology.
I am a plastics collector, from the 19th century (maybe earlier) on. I have a small collection of objects I will share with Flickr users.
I live in Rio, Brazil, and would love to hear from anyone with similar interests.
Update August 2008:
I have just got a Master's Degree in Design with a dissertation about (guess) Plastics Design History.
Update December 2008:
I am now a teacher in the Design Department (BAI) at UFRJ (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro)!
Update November 2009:
I have just been accepted in the Doctorate Program in Visual Arts (Image and Culture) at UFRJ!
Please check out this site to learn about and take some action on the dangers of a household plastic named PVC, aka Vinyl:
and this one too:
- Camera-wiki.org 79,427 photos, 2,106 members
- Vintage Plastic Homeware 728 photos, 52 members
- jellies sandals-sandales plastique 46 photos, 79 members
- Nineteenth Century Ambrotypes 973 photos, 117 members
- Abraham Palatnik Sculptures 38 photos, 23 members
- Antique Machinery 4,645 photos, 161 members
- Metal Deco 1,435 photos, 137 members
- CAFOFO RETRÔ 477 photos, 173 members
- Eye for Design 666 photos, 51 members
- About Stock Photo | www.aboutstockphoto.com 4,663 photos, 751 members
- Longer, Lower, Wider- Vintage Dream Cars and Styling Prototypes 1,738 photos, 286 members
- braun 1,542 photos, 363 members
- hfg ulm 258 photos, 129 members
- Perpetual Calendars 169 photos, 46 members
- Moonbase Alpha 319 photos, 108 members
- Memphis Group 69 photos, 31 members
- Verner Panton 307 photos, 61 members
- Life in Plastic 146,605 photos, 2,757 members
- Kapsa 204 photos, 58 members
- Observing the Design 668 photos, 58 members
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN 1920-1950 262 photos, 150 members
- Streamline Moderne Architecture (Quality Images) 4,283 photos, 794 members
- Digital fabrication 4,662 photos, 1,014 members
- Vintage Tupperware 95 photos, 58 members
- Vintage Tupperware Collectors 403 photos, 199 members
- History Of Radio 446 photos, 69 members
- The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera 8,546 photos, 639 members
- The Modern Accumulator 915 photos, 262 members
- .·:*¨*:·.Nostalgia.·:*¨*:·. 16,850 photos, 309 members
- **Collections for Collectors (CFC) No Limits** 27,170 photos, 417 members
- THE GAMES WE PLAY 5,582 photos, 107 members
- COLLECTOR`S LOT 18,697 photos, 174 members
- Of a Bygone Age. (Retro Stuff) 42,131 photos, 718 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 14,606 photos, 537 members
- Herman Miller 1,553 photos, 455 members
- Vintage Radio 4,549 photos, 595 members
- Tabletop & Portable Radios 2,283 photos, 143 members
- Marconi, radio and radioamateurs activity 2,294 photos, 191 members
- Arne Jacobsen 872 photos, 318 members
- Bangle Lovers 1,584 photos, 290 members
- Extraordinarily Ordinary(No animal, people or nature shots) 45,967 photos, 2,277 members
- Vintage Industry 1,311 photos, 317 members
- "They don't make them like they used to" 20,433 photos, 472 members
- Eero Aarnio 647 photos, 177 members
- Vintage boxes - Boites anciennes -Cojea antiguas 1,361 photos, 288 members
- Vintage Matchbooks and Matchboxes 7,552 photos, 494 members
- Gilbert Rohde - Modern Designs 1,635 photos, 86 members
- Nifty Thrift 54,066 photos, 3,916 members
- Object(s) 32,332 photos, 2,022 members
- FETISH OBJECTS 1,377 photos, 203 members
"Incredible artistic photos of some insanely cool plastics!
"Plastic. I love plastic. I want to be plastic."
"Now, hand over that damn plastic scottydog fork!"
August 15th, 2008
"galeesa is my Brazilian blood brother. His product photos showcase a wonderful collection of the greatest hits of industrial design. He has a special thing for Bakelite and plastic, and he always manages to retrieve fascinating examples from the past. He's an asset to the flickr community, and a most pleasant contact and friend."
July 27th, 2007
Splendor and Demise says:
"Galessa is one of the people who make Flickr great. To begin with, he's got a great eye for the 'interestingness' of an object. He tends to collect vintage objects and very often knows a great deal about it's provenance, historical uses, etc.
Galessa's photography techniques are frequently flawless - almost to the point of appearing unreal. Considering his very basic equipment, he's got the soul and skill of a commercial photographer but doesn't know it yet.
Finally, Galessa is always available for comment and helpful advice to others. This and all of the above makes him one of the Flickr heros in my book."
March 28th, 2007
- gerson lessa
- December 2006
- niteroi, rio de janeiro (just across the bay), brazil
- I am:
- Male and Single
- designer / researcher
- glplastico [at] gmail.com