I am a designer interested in history of design, architecture, arts and technology.
I am a plastics collector, from the 19th century (maybe earlier) on. I have a small collection of objects I will share with Flickr users.
I live in Rio, Brazil, and would love to hear from anyone with similar interests.
Update August 2008:
I have just got a Master's Degree in Design with a dissertation about (guess) Plastics Design History.
Update December 2008:
I am now a teacher in the Design Department (BAI) at UFRJ (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro)!
Update November 2009:
I have just been accepted in the Doctorate Program in Visual Arts (Image and Culture) at UFRJ!
Please check out this site to learn about and take some action on the dangers of a household plastic named PVC, aka Vinyl:
and this one too:
- Camera-wiki.org 81,456 photos, 2,168 members
- Vintage Plastic Homeware 726 photos, 52 members
- jellies sandals-sandales plastique 47 photos, 78 members
- Nineteenth Century Ambrotypes 979 photos, 118 members
- Abraham Palatnik Sculptures 38 photos, 23 members
- Antique Machinery 4,899 photos, 171 members
- Metal Deco 1,459 photos, 141 members
- CAFOFO RETRÔ 477 photos, 173 members
- Eye for Design 676 photos, 55 members
- About Stock Photo | www.aboutstockphoto.com 4,715 photos, 750 members
- Longer, Lower, Wider- Vintage Dream Cars and Styling Prototypes 1,728 photos, 287 members
- braun 1,616 photos, 366 members
- hfg ulm 250 photos, 129 members
- Perpetual Calendars 170 photos, 46 members
- Moonbase Alpha 321 photos, 109 members
- Memphis Group 69 photos, 31 members
- Verner Panton 307 photos, 60 members
- Life in Plastic 152,158 photos, 2,793 members
- Kapsa 206 photos, 58 members
- Observing the Design 663 photos, 58 members
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN 1920-1950 262 photos, 149 members
- Streamline Moderne Architecture (Quality Images) 4,278 photos, 799 members
- Digital fabrication 4,670 photos, 1,014 members
- Vintage Tupperware 95 photos, 58 members
- Vintage Tupperware Collectors 402 photos, 200 members
- History Of Radio 444 photos, 70 members
- The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera 8,555 photos, 640 members
- The Modern Accumulator 915 photos, 261 members
- .·:*¨*:·.Nostalgia.·:*¨*:·. 17,635 photos, 313 members
- **Collections for Collectors (CFC) No Limits** 28,031 photos, 422 members
- THE GAMES WE PLAY 7,756 photos, 111 members
- COLLECTOR`S LOT 19,549 photos, 174 members
- Of a Bygone Age. (Retro Stuff) 43,666 photos, 722 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 15,088 photos, 536 members
- Herman Miller 1,554 photos, 455 members
- Vintage Radio 4,589 photos, 608 members
- Tabletop & Portable Radios 2,335 photos, 145 members
- Marconi, radio and radioamateurs activity 2,339 photos, 190 members
- Arne Jacobsen 872 photos, 320 members
- Bangle Lovers 1,611 photos, 294 members
- Extraordinarily Ordinary(No animal, people or nature shots) 46,307 photos, 2,276 members
- Vintage Industry 1,416 photos, 320 members
- "They don't make them like they used to" 21,100 photos, 474 members
- Eero Aarnio 645 photos, 177 members
- Vintage boxes - Boites anciennes -Cojea antiguas 1,382 photos, 290 members
- Vintage Matchbooks and Matchboxes 7,603 photos, 505 members
- Gilbert Rohde - Modern Designs 1,635 photos, 86 members
- Nifty Thrift 54,180 photos, 3,913 members
- Object(s) 32,822 photos, 2,052 members
- FETISH OBJECTS 1,482 photos, 205 members
"Incredible artistic photos of some insanely cool plastics!
"Plastic. I love plastic. I want to be plastic."
"Now, hand over that damn plastic scottydog fork!"
August 15th, 2008
"galeesa is my Brazilian blood brother. His product photos showcase a wonderful collection of the greatest hits of industrial design. He has a special thing for Bakelite and plastic, and he always manages to retrieve fascinating examples from the past. He's an asset to the flickr community, and a most pleasant contact and friend."
July 27th, 2007
Splendor and Demise says:
"Galessa is one of the people who make Flickr great. To begin with, he's got a great eye for the 'interestingness' of an object. He tends to collect vintage objects and very often knows a great deal about it's provenance, historical uses, etc.
Galessa's photography techniques are frequently flawless - almost to the point of appearing unreal. Considering his very basic equipment, he's got the soul and skill of a commercial photographer but doesn't know it yet.
Finally, Galessa is always available for comment and helpful advice to others. This and all of the above makes him one of the Flickr heros in my book."
March 28th, 2007
- gerson lessa
- December 2006
- niteroi, rio de janeiro (just across the bay), brazil
- I am:
- Male and Single
- designer / researcher
- glplastico [at] gmail.com