I am a designer interested in history of design, architecture, arts and technology.
I am a plastics collector, from the 19th century (maybe earlier) on. I have a small collection of objects I will share with Flickr users.
I live in Rio, Brazil, and would love to hear from anyone with similar interests.
Update August 2008:
I have just got a Master's Degree in Design with a dissertation about (guess) Plastics Design History.
Update December 2008:
I am now a teacher in the Design Department (BAI) at UFRJ (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro)!
Update November 2009:
I have just been accepted in the Doctorate Program in Visual Arts (Image and Culture) at UFRJ!
Please check out this site to learn about and take some action on the dangers of a household plastic named PVC, aka Vinyl:
and this one too:
- Camera-wiki.org 69,908 photos, 1,705 members
- Vintage Plastic Homeware 697 photos, 45 members
- jellies sandals-sandales plastique 37 photos, 72 members
- Nineteenth Century Ambrotypes 927 photos, 101 members
- Abraham Palatnik Sculptures 38 photos, 20 members
- Antique Machinery 3,718 photos, 137 members
- Metal Deco 1,338 photos, 117 members
- CAFOFO RETRÔ 480 photos, 174 members
- Eye for Design 567 photos, 43 members
- About Stock Photo | www.aboutstockphoto.com 4,328 photos, 759 members
- Longer, Lower, Wider- Vintage Dream Cars and Styling Prototypes 1,745 photos, 268 members
- braun 1,525 photos, 346 members
- hfg ulm 257 photos, 125 members
- Perpetual Calendars 166 photos, 45 members
- Moonbase Alpha 312 photos, 101 members
- Memphis Group 68 photos, 31 members
- Verner Panton 309 photos, 63 members
- Life in Plastic 113,812 photos, 2,444 members
- Kapsa 125 photos, 54 members
- Observing the Design 642 photos, 57 members
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN 1920-1950 250 photos, 143 members
- Streamline Moderne Architecture (Quality Images) 4,002 photos, 726 members
- Digital fabrication 4,537 photos, 982 members
- Vintage Tupperware 95 photos, 55 members
- Vintage Tupperware Collectors 403 photos, 189 members
- History Of Radio 365 photos, 65 members
- The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera 8,347 photos, 609 members
- The Modern Accumulator 946 photos, 263 members
- .·:*¨*:·.Nostalgia.·:*¨*:·. 12,453 photos, 272 members
- **Collections for Collectors (CFC) No Limits** 20,610 photos, 390 members
- THE GAMES WE PLAY 2,510 photos, 81 members
- COLLECTOR`S LOT 13,374 photos, 164 members
- Of a Bygone Age. (Retro Stuff) 33,916 photos, 681 members
- Treasured Things & Collectibles 12,193 photos, 518 members
- Herman Miller 1,534 photos, 452 members
- Vintage Radio 5,704 photos, 546 members
- Tabletop & Portable Radios 1,992 photos, 120 members
- Marconi, radio and radioamateurs activity 2,057 photos, 179 members
- Arne Jacobsen 807 photos, 312 members
- Bangle Lovers 1,541 photos, 279 members
- Extraordinarily Ordinary(No animal, people or nature shots) 44,049 photos, 2,260 members
- Vintage Industry 794 photos, 302 members
- "They don't make them like they used to" 16,851 photos, 453 members
- Eero Aarnio 649 photos, 175 members
- Vintage boxes - Boites anciennes -Cojea antiguas 1,258 photos, 273 members
- Vintage Matchbooks and Matchboxes 6,808 photos, 424 members
- Gilbert Rohde - Modern Designs 1,635 photos, 84 members
- Nifty Thrift 54,368 photos, 3,929 members
- Object(s) 26,095 photos, 1,827 members
- FETISH OBJECTS 1,433 photos, 197 members
"Incredible artistic photos of some insanely cool plastics!
"Plastic. I love plastic. I want to be plastic."
"Now, hand over that damn plastic scottydog fork!"
August 15th, 2008
"galeesa is my Brazilian blood brother. His product photos showcase a wonderful collection of the greatest hits of industrial design. He has a special thing for Bakelite and plastic, and he always manages to retrieve fascinating examples from the past. He's an asset to the flickr community, and a most pleasant contact and friend."
July 27th, 2007
Splendor and Demise says:
"Galessa is one of the people who make Flickr great. To begin with, he's got a great eye for the 'interestingness' of an object. He tends to collect vintage objects and very often knows a great deal about it's provenance, historical uses, etc.
Galessa's photography techniques are frequently flawless - almost to the point of appearing unreal. Considering his very basic equipment, he's got the soul and skill of a commercial photographer but doesn't know it yet.
Finally, Galessa is always available for comment and helpful advice to others. This and all of the above makes him one of the Flickr heros in my book."
March 28th, 2007
- gerson lessa
- December 2006
- niteroi, rio de janeiro (just across the bay), brazil
- I am:
- Male and Single
- designer / researcher
- glplastico [at] gmail.com