Canadian from five provinces, lived in six countries, working expat in four (Australia, UK, USA, Portugal). Moved to northern Portugal September 2013.
I've written a much more detailed profile here.
My photography websites:
Gail at Large (blog)
Gail at Large (travel) (photo blog)
Image Legacy (weddings & portraits)
Please send a Flickrmail if you wish to use a photo.
JANUARY 2006: I will keep David Fielding, aka AviatorDave's account open and manage it; I will upload his archived photos into my photostream (to leave his as is), reply to his e-mail, and admin his groups. If you would like to co-admin any of his groups, please contact me.
- VisitPortugal 372 photos, 84 members
- Porto 31,208 photos, 2,458 members
- Vandigicam in Europe 178 photos, 16 members
- Portugal Nature 17,505 photos, 521 members
- Portugal 152,147 photos, 7,643 members
- Visit Oakland 683 photos, 115 members
- Wedding Poses For the Professional Wedding Photographer 33,109 photos, 4,793 members
- The Drake Hotel: Toronto, Canada 3,045 photos, 525 members
- Canadian Wedding Photography Business 862 photos, 82 members
- SWPB - Succeeding as a Wedding Photography Business 76,801 photos, 6,485 members
- Secret Oakland 353 photos, 91 members
- Oakland Graffiti 25,832 photos, 468 members
- Oakland, California 24,452 photos, 1,898 members
- Liberty Village Toronto 326 photos, 17 members
- Essence of Maine 39,158 photos, 1,922 members
- Portland, Maine 9,650 photos, 647 members
- Maine Lighthouses 4,591 photos, 591 members
- I Heart Kensington Market 4,163 photos, 305 members
- David Suzuki 30x30 Challenge 5,022 photos, 1,362 members
- Miss604.com Photo Pool for Metro Vancouver 43,342 photos, 800 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,545,449 photos, 82,033 members
- Chinon 6,140 photos, 894 members
- blogTO 249,098 photos, 6,901 members
- Food Porn Photography 28,998 photos, 350 members
- Toronto Raptors 444 photos, 100 members
- Sorauren Park Pumpkin Parade 349 photos, 22 members
- Spacing spring 2009 issue 684 photos, 112 members
- Nikon Capture NX Users Group 84,785 photos, 4,746 members
- Vancouver Streets 27,563 photos, 440 members
- The Showcase 289 photos, 110 members
- Nikon D300 Users 559,083 photos, 17,286 members
- Wedding Photographers 198,873 photos, 24,675 members
- toronto zombie walk 11,217 photos, 411 members
- Engagement Shots 30,198 photos, 4,501 members
- My Toronto Is 23,244 photos, 332 members
- How To Lose Focus And Bokeh People 5,563 photos, 646 members
- Eastern Standard Tribe 1,993 photos, 24 members
- All about food - ( not draw or illustration) 8,191 photos, 280 members
- Mississauga Photography 28,374 photos, 886 members
- royal wood official flickr group 18 photos, 14 members
- Torontoist: Toronto Photos 232,000 photos, 6,078 members
- Norway 192,013 photos, 10,205 members
- Lonely Planet 765,352 photos, 20,432 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 109,045 photos, 10,283 members
- Couchsurfing Toronto 2,585 photos, 62 members
- Ships and Vessels 184,742 photos, 11,189 members
- Traveling Non-Gnomes 6,519 photos, 418 members
- Military Aviation Photography 176,037 photos, 7,814 members
- SF Bay Area 114,983 photos, 4,542 members
- San Francisco 258,156 photos, 15,129 members
Shari Diane says:
"I love Gail. I've never met her in person, but I know that she is an amazing, caring, courageous woman with a huge heart. I wish I lived nearby so I could hug her in person. Or go to Flickr meets. And good restaurants. And hang with Hugh, her cat. Gail's eye for photography is beautiful . . . she takes simple subjects and makes them shine. I always look forward to new shots of Hugh or her travels, knowing that they'll transport me to another place for a moment. Thank you Gail, for being such a great photographer, person, blogfriend, and mommy of Hugh! I understand perfectly why David loved you so deeply. :-)"
June 20th, 2006
"I met Gail (virtually) as she was prepping for a trip to Spain a couple years ago, and when she came back and posted her gorgeous photos from Málaga, it was like she magically picked some of my favorite visual memories from there and let me see them all over again. Since then I've enjoyed more of her photos, her writing writing, and her humour. Truly a gem!
April 23rd, 2006
"The goyle Gail is inspirational, strong as an ox (not quite as hairy), entertaining, truly artistic, brilliant company, and continues to be despite being put through so much more than the proverbial mill. Welcome any time in my neckathewoods."
February 25th, 2006
Rachael Ashe says:
"I really admire Gail. She's strong, courageous, a good listener, fun to be with, and very caring.
I'm glad flickr brought us together in Vancouver to become such good friends in a short amount of time. She's a terrific photographer, and was one of the many women who helped make Vandigicam the wonderful group it's become."
November 27th, 2005
"Gail captures the beauty of life in many everyday places. For example in an old car.
Your work makes me smile it makes me yearn for simpler times and it makes me want to be around friends and family.
She is the artist of the everyday."
September 27th, 2005
Tanya in BNE says:
"Gail has been a photo-inspiration to me since I started snooping through her blog. Her eye for details, her amazing shots and the beauty that she finds in the smallest things make me want to learn more about photography. I want to take pretty night shots too! :(
She has been a great help in many ways and it has been a pleasure getting to know her through emails, flickr, orkut and the like. One day...I will meet this amazing woman. I swear it."
April 25th, 2005
"Gail is solid as a rock in my flickr-existence! Her pictures are great and I always look for new ones, but I think that what makes her special is that she deserves being called one of the most friendly flickr members of all!"
February 24th, 2005
"Gail has a wonderful, natural eye and a voracious appetite for learning and exploring. Her photography is an expression of this; she has a gift for seeing the adventure and essence in life.
Plus, she's been everywhere! It was her travel pictures that first moved me to write to her.
I always love seeing the world through Gail's eyes. It's one of the many joys of being with her."
February 20th, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Gail was the very first person to email me about my pictures. Not only does she give out encouragement she takes a mean photo too.
I always look forward to her new pictures and the quality of them never disappoints. Her night shots inspired me to learn how to shoot my own and I hope that someday I can achieve the quality that she already has now.
Great photographer. Great person."
December 3rd, 2004
- Gail Edwin Aguiar
- June 2004
- Porto, Portugal
- Gail at Large