Canadian from five provinces, lived in six countries, working expat in four (Australia, UK, USA, Portugal). Moved to northern Portugal September 2013.
I've written a much more detailed profile here.
My photography websites:
Gail at Large (blog)
Gail at Large (travel) (photo blog)
Image Legacy (weddings & portraits)
Please send a Flickrmail if you wish to use a photo.
JANUARY 2006: I will keep David Fielding, aka AviatorDave's account open and manage it; I will upload his archived photos into my photostream (to leave his as is), reply to his e-mail, and admin his groups. If you would like to co-admin any of his groups, please contact me.
- VisitPortugal 373 photos, 90 members
- Porto 38,046 photos, 2,828 members
- Vandigicam in Europe 178 photos, 16 members
- Portugal Nature 21,443 photos, 591 members
- Portugal 189,463 photos, 9,020 members
- Visit Oakland 684 photos, 115 members
- Wedding Poses For the Professional Wedding Photographer 33,332 photos, 4,728 members
- The Drake Hotel: Toronto, Canada 3,031 photos, 519 members
- Canadian Wedding Photography Business 862 photos, 81 members
- SWPB - Succeeding as a Wedding Photography Business 76,407 photos, 6,528 members
- Secret Oakland 417 photos, 100 members
- Oakland Graffiti 27,450 photos, 491 members
- Oakland, California 26,143 photos, 1,973 members
- Liberty Village Toronto 337 photos, 18 members
- Essence of Maine 43,881 photos, 2,085 members
- Portland, Maine 10,105 photos, 694 members
- Maine Lighthouses 5,137 photos, 651 members
- I Heart Kensington Market 4,607 photos, 311 members
- David Suzuki 30x30 Challenge 4,996 photos, 1,357 members
- Miss604.com Photo Pool for Metro Vancouver 50,620 photos, 841 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,885,498 photos, 85,741 members
- Chinon 7,047 photos, 948 members
- blogTO 277,462 photos, 7,098 members
- Food Porn Photography 33,746 photos, 383 members
- Toronto Raptors 450 photos, 108 members
- Sorauren Park Pumpkin Parade 357 photos, 23 members
- Spacing spring 2009 issue 684 photos, 111 members
- Nikon Capture NX Users Group 92,594 photos, 4,688 members
- Vancouver Streets 34,115 photos, 508 members
- The Showcase 295 photos, 109 members
- Nikon D300 Users 575,144 photos, 17,435 members
- Wedding Photographers 220,623 photos, 27,964 members
- toronto zombie walk 10,961 photos, 403 members
- Engagement Shots 30,651 photos, 4,652 members
- My Toronto Is 26,784 photos, 352 members
- How To Lose Focus And Bokeh People 5,445 photos, 652 members
- Eastern Standard Tribe 2,007 photos, 24 members
- All about food - ( not draw or illustration) 9,095 photos, 291 members
- Mississauga Photography 29,839 photos, 924 members
- royal wood official flickr group 18 photos, 14 members
- Torontoist: Toronto Photos 251,158 photos, 6,261 members
- Norway 229,666 photos, 11,591 members
- Lonely Planet 997,238 photos, 24,340 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 122,059 photos, 10,928 members
- Couchsurfing Toronto 2,582 photos, 61 members
- Ships and Vessels 212,465 photos, 11,886 members
- Traveling Non-Gnomes 8,483 photos, 506 members
- Military Aviation Photography 231,247 photos, 8,712 members
- SF Bay Area 122,486 photos, 4,707 members
- San Francisco 274,725 photos, 15,639 members
Shari Diane says:
"I love Gail. I've never met her in person, but I know that she is an amazing, caring, courageous woman with a huge heart. I wish I lived nearby so I could hug her in person. Or go to Flickr meets. And good restaurants. And hang with Hugh, her cat. Gail's eye for photography is beautiful . . . she takes simple subjects and makes them shine. I always look forward to new shots of Hugh or her travels, knowing that they'll transport me to another place for a moment. Thank you Gail, for being such a great photographer, person, blogfriend, and mommy of Hugh! I understand perfectly why David loved you so deeply. :-)"
June 20th, 2006
"I met Gail (virtually) as she was prepping for a trip to Spain a couple years ago, and when she came back and posted her gorgeous photos from Málaga, it was like she magically picked some of my favorite visual memories from there and let me see them all over again. Since then I've enjoyed more of her photos, her writing writing, and her humour. Truly a gem!
April 23rd, 2006
"The goyle Gail is inspirational, strong as an ox (not quite as hairy), entertaining, truly artistic, brilliant company, and continues to be despite being put through so much more than the proverbial mill. Welcome any time in my neckathewoods."
February 25th, 2006
Rachael Ashe says:
"I really admire Gail. She's strong, courageous, a good listener, fun to be with, and very caring.
I'm glad flickr brought us together in Vancouver to become such good friends in a short amount of time. She's a terrific photographer, and was one of the many women who helped make Vandigicam the wonderful group it's become."
November 27th, 2005
"Gail captures the beauty of life in many everyday places. For example in an old car.
Your work makes me smile it makes me yearn for simpler times and it makes me want to be around friends and family.
She is the artist of the everyday."
September 27th, 2005
Tanya in BNE says:
"Gail has been a photo-inspiration to me since I started snooping through her blog. Her eye for details, her amazing shots and the beauty that she finds in the smallest things make me want to learn more about photography. I want to take pretty night shots too! :(
She has been a great help in many ways and it has been a pleasure getting to know her through emails, flickr, orkut and the like. One day...I will meet this amazing woman. I swear it."
April 25th, 2005
"Gail is solid as a rock in my flickr-existence! Her pictures are great and I always look for new ones, but I think that what makes her special is that she deserves being called one of the most friendly flickr members of all!"
February 24th, 2005
"Gail has a wonderful, natural eye and a voracious appetite for learning and exploring. Her photography is an expression of this; she has a gift for seeing the adventure and essence in life.
Plus, she's been everywhere! It was her travel pictures that first moved me to write to her.
I always love seeing the world through Gail's eyes. It's one of the many joys of being with her."
February 20th, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Gail was the very first person to email me about my pictures. Not only does she give out encouragement she takes a mean photo too.
I always look forward to her new pictures and the quality of them never disappoints. Her night shots inspired me to learn how to shoot my own and I hope that someday I can achieve the quality that she already has now.
Great photographer. Great person."
December 3rd, 2004
- Gail Edwin Aguiar
- June 2004
- Porto, Portugal
- Gail at Large