Canadian from five provinces, lived in six countries, working expat in four (Australia, UK, USA, Portugal). Moved to northern Portugal September 2013.
I've written a much more detailed profile here.
My photography websites:
Gail at Large (blog)
Gail at Large (travel) (photo blog)
Image Legacy (weddings & portraits)
Please send a Flickrmail if you wish to use a photo.
JANUARY 2006: I will keep David Fielding, aka AviatorDave's account open and manage it; I will upload his archived photos into my photostream (to leave his as is), reply to his e-mail, and admin his groups. If you would like to co-admin any of his groups, please contact me.
- VisitPortugal 373 photos, 90 members
- Porto 36,820 photos, 2,744 members
- Vandigicam in Europe 178 photos, 16 members
- Portugal Nature 21,156 photos, 581 members
- Portugal 181,183 photos, 8,753 members
- Visit Oakland 699 photos, 117 members
- Wedding Poses For the Professional Wedding Photographer 33,299 photos, 4,734 members
- The Drake Hotel: Toronto, Canada 3,032 photos, 522 members
- Canadian Wedding Photography Business 862 photos, 82 members
- SWPB - Succeeding as a Wedding Photography Business 76,229 photos, 6,540 members
- Secret Oakland 400 photos, 101 members
- Oakland Graffiti 27,246 photos, 486 members
- Oakland, California 25,761 photos, 1,968 members
- Liberty Village Toronto 334 photos, 17 members
- Essence of Maine 42,945 photos, 2,062 members
- Portland, Maine 10,009 photos, 687 members
- Maine Lighthouses 5,023 photos, 639 members
- I Heart Kensington Market 4,526 photos, 312 members
- David Suzuki 30x30 Challenge 4,989 photos, 1,359 members
- Miss604.com Photo Pool for Metro Vancouver 51,154 photos, 839 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,823,641 photos, 85,040 members
- Chinon 7,022 photos, 939 members
- blogTO 272,643 photos, 7,067 members
- Food Porn Photography 32,850 photos, 378 members
- Toronto Raptors 450 photos, 107 members
- Sorauren Park Pumpkin Parade 357 photos, 23 members
- Spacing spring 2009 issue 684 photos, 112 members
- Nikon Capture NX Users Group 91,358 photos, 4,703 members
- Vancouver Streets 33,551 photos, 497 members
- The Showcase 291 photos, 110 members
- Nikon D300 Users 572,344 photos, 17,435 members
- Wedding Photographers 217,142 photos, 27,415 members
- toronto zombie walk 10,970 photos, 402 members
- Engagement Shots 30,545 photos, 4,636 members
- My Toronto Is 26,133 photos, 343 members
- How To Lose Focus And Bokeh People 5,449 photos, 657 members
- Eastern Standard Tribe 2,006 photos, 24 members
- All about food - ( not draw or illustration) 9,095 photos, 289 members
- Mississauga Photography 29,502 photos, 922 members
- royal wood official flickr group 18 photos, 14 members
- Torontoist: Toronto Photos 248,025 photos, 6,232 members
- Norway 222,734 photos, 11,383 members
- Lonely Planet 948,093 photos, 23,163 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 120,383 photos, 10,844 members
- Couchsurfing Toronto 2,582 photos, 61 members
- Ships and Vessels 206,892 photos, 11,797 members
- Traveling Non-Gnomes 7,969 photos, 496 members
- Military Aviation Photography 220,652 photos, 8,586 members
- SF Bay Area 120,604 photos, 4,691 members
- San Francisco 272,047 photos, 15,600 members
Shari Diane says:
"I love Gail. I've never met her in person, but I know that she is an amazing, caring, courageous woman with a huge heart. I wish I lived nearby so I could hug her in person. Or go to Flickr meets. And good restaurants. And hang with Hugh, her cat. Gail's eye for photography is beautiful . . . she takes simple subjects and makes them shine. I always look forward to new shots of Hugh or her travels, knowing that they'll transport me to another place for a moment. Thank you Gail, for being such a great photographer, person, blogfriend, and mommy of Hugh! I understand perfectly why David loved you so deeply. :-)"
June 20th, 2006
"I met Gail (virtually) as she was prepping for a trip to Spain a couple years ago, and when she came back and posted her gorgeous photos from Málaga, it was like she magically picked some of my favorite visual memories from there and let me see them all over again. Since then I've enjoyed more of her photos, her writing writing, and her humour. Truly a gem!
April 23rd, 2006
"The goyle Gail is inspirational, strong as an ox (not quite as hairy), entertaining, truly artistic, brilliant company, and continues to be despite being put through so much more than the proverbial mill. Welcome any time in my neckathewoods."
February 25th, 2006
Rachael Ashe says:
"I really admire Gail. She's strong, courageous, a good listener, fun to be with, and very caring.
I'm glad flickr brought us together in Vancouver to become such good friends in a short amount of time. She's a terrific photographer, and was one of the many women who helped make Vandigicam the wonderful group it's become."
November 27th, 2005
"Gail captures the beauty of life in many everyday places. For example in an old car.
Your work makes me smile it makes me yearn for simpler times and it makes me want to be around friends and family.
She is the artist of the everyday."
September 27th, 2005
Tanya in BNE says:
"Gail has been a photo-inspiration to me since I started snooping through her blog. Her eye for details, her amazing shots and the beauty that she finds in the smallest things make me want to learn more about photography. I want to take pretty night shots too! :(
She has been a great help in many ways and it has been a pleasure getting to know her through emails, flickr, orkut and the like. One day...I will meet this amazing woman. I swear it."
April 25th, 2005
"Gail is solid as a rock in my flickr-existence! Her pictures are great and I always look for new ones, but I think that what makes her special is that she deserves being called one of the most friendly flickr members of all!"
February 24th, 2005
"Gail has a wonderful, natural eye and a voracious appetite for learning and exploring. Her photography is an expression of this; she has a gift for seeing the adventure and essence in life.
Plus, she's been everywhere! It was her travel pictures that first moved me to write to her.
I always love seeing the world through Gail's eyes. It's one of the many joys of being with her."
February 20th, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Gail was the very first person to email me about my pictures. Not only does she give out encouragement she takes a mean photo too.
I always look forward to her new pictures and the quality of them never disappoints. Her night shots inspired me to learn how to shoot my own and I hope that someday I can achieve the quality that she already has now.
Great photographer. Great person."
December 3rd, 2004
- Gail Edwin Aguiar
- June 2004
- Porto, Portugal
- Gail at Large