First camera was my mum's old 1950's plastic box brownie, which I inherited at around the age of 6. A couple of years later I got handed my dad's old Polaroid 1000 instant camera (the one with the stripes) and that really got me bitten by the bug. After trying most film formats (even Kodak Disk!) and being frustrated with the lack of instant results (Polaroid spoiled me) digital eventually arrived, and the passion was reborn!
Other interests mostly consist of: music (writing, recording and listening), books, films, painting, getting out into the countryside, good food, good beer/wine, good company.
Relocated to Stafford, from Wakefield - via Coventry, Loughborough, and Fife. But still manage to keep my own little bit of Yorkshire in the Midlands.
I now feel like I'm starting to find my way (and my own voice) as a photographer (after only starting in earnest in early 07). As of September 2011 I am unleashing my skills upon the open market, with the launch of broomephoto.com - portrait, music, stock and event photography. If you have any projects you want to collaborate on, or events you want me to photograph, get in touch. I may be more affordable than you think!
I am also a photographer/writer and photo editor for the Midlands Rocks music website (by fans, for fans!), and one half of the photographywired.com blog crack-trained assault team!
Blurb Bookstore: www.blurb.com/user/store/fwumpbungle
If you like your music with a bit of depth (and lots of ebow), check out monicaslastprayer.bandcamp.com and carnypig.bandcamp.com for some of my newest stuff.
I'm also here: www.last.fm/user/fwumpbungle
Currently Shooting With:
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Canon EOS 7D
Canon Powershot A640
Fuji Instax 100
Fuji Instax Mini 10
Holga 120 CFN
Kodak Brownie 127
Mamiya C220 Pro F
Olympus XA1, XA2 and XA3
Polaroid Land 250 (with x.sync flash)
Polaroid EE 100 Special
Polaroid 600 Impulse AF
...and an iPhone 4
My Lomohome: www.lomohomes.com/fwumpbungle
Favourite weekly podcast: The Chrissy and Brian Show :-)
Photos of fwumpbungle (broomephoto) (10)
- Jesus Jones Fan Pictures 306 photos, 35 members
- iPhone 365 151,851 photos, 4,023 members
- Views: 10000 16,483 photos, 4,674 members
- Liberty Enlightening the World 1,691 photos, 666 members
- Lensbaby 80,937 photos, 9,844 members
- ABC 365 February 2011 240 photos, 27 members
- Dudley borough 3,325 photos, 317 members
- Télégramme Magazine 60,037 photos, 2,128 members
- Alphabet Weekly 159 photos, 33 members
- Within a Click 3,578 photos, 160 members
- Rock Sound 18,444 photos, 647 members
- O2 Academy - Birmingham 388 photos, 34 members
- The Awesome Majesty of ROCK 6,566 photos, 471 members
- Live in the Midlands 878 photos, 54 members
- Support Local Music 59,907 photos, 3,123 members
- Heavy Metal Photography 13,287 photos, 737 members
- Metal / Heavy / Dead / Black / Gothic / Dark / Punk 98,407 photos, 4,797 members
- Rock and Roll : live shows only please 79,445 photos, 5,953 members
- Rock N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution 66,261 photos, 3,953 members
- Rock'n'Roll Life 29,523 photos, 3,934 members
- West Midlands 19,236 photos, 504 members
- The Midlands 69,840 photos, 778 members
- LIVE MUSIC 520,030 photos, 28,364 members
- Shoot Me, Shoot You 32 photos, 32 members
- Lowepro UK Photo Comp Pool 219 photos, 209 members
- Light Paint 48,390 photos, 5,570 members
- Not A Crime 502 photos, 1,833 members
- Lowepro UK Comp Pool 'Invention' 93 photos, 93 members
- Mr. Moog's 52 Weeks Emporium 1,855 photos, 421 members
- olympus xa2 7,163 photos, 741 members
- Blue-black-white/ Sinimustvalge 344 photos, 99 members
- Whacked Out 365 Selfies 5,190 photos, 217 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 66,367 photos, 4,752 members
- Fujifilm Instax Room 39,756 photos, 8,037 members
- February's Alphabet Fun 1,507 photos, 212 members
- your shadow waving 284 photos, 227 members
- Strangers in windows 1,165 photos, 427 members
- One man's trash is another man's treasure 1,726 photos, 253 members
- Villains 2,736 photos, 229 members
- Conspiracy 167 photos, 66 members
- The SuperDuper Meetup Group 513 photos, 186 members
- Let me Vampire you? 16 photos, 111 members
- UK Strobists 28,707 photos, 2,559 members
- UK Night Photography 52,098 photos, 3,576 members
- photographywired 1,017 photos, 180 members
- Another 52 Weeks 167 photos, 15 members
- Monkey Monday 496 photos, 162 members
- Sunshine Sundays 2,428 photos, 410 members
- ★ lomo UK ★ 42,229 photos, 1,654 members
- Instrument Porn 785 photos, 163 members
"I've been following Paul's stream for a few months now. The reason why I really enjoy his stream is that he isn't afraid to experiment and share his results with us. Typically if most people were playing with lights or just messing around with the camera those shots get trashed or ignored. Not with Paul...
Paul's 365 and his use of analog cameras puts his knowledge of photography to the test. He posts his results and allows us to learn right along with him. I've been able to pick up a thing or two following his stream and if you pay close attention so will you!"
March 30th, 2009
"This man single handedly made me take the flash off my camera.... am I happy about it? Hell yeah!!!"
January 23rd, 2009
"If you've come across Paul's stream then you've come across a flickr treasure. He has a phenomenal eye for composition and a technical grasp on all that hes doing. A knowledgeable, approachable chap that has come on in amazing leaps and bounds since his 365 year 1. He has post processing skills that can knock your socks off, and a kick ass taste in music. An. Absolute. treasure."
January 13th, 2009
"I can't believe I haven't already written a testimonial for fwumpbungle! He is by far one of my most favorite people in the crazy little online world. He's a pro photographer who always, ALWAYS, inspires me, and he's just an all-around really good guy. Get to know his photo stream. Get to know him. You'll be a better person for it."
January 10th, 2009
"Paul's technical mastery over his camera and post processing skills have often moved me into his surreal world that clearly reflects his artistic nature.
His willingness to share technical information and offer encouraging support has inspired me not only to buy cool (expensive) equipment but to push myself to try new things to improve my skills.
In short, Paul is a gem on many levels not to be overlooked."
March 20th, 2008
"Only recently did I come across Pauls stream but im SO glad I did! He often has me in stitches..the photos and descriptions are so dry and unassuming when he should be shouting from the rooftops that his pics are so utterly creative and everyone should take a look!
He's like a chameleon and never truly looks the same in each capture. An inspiration to myself and so many others out there."
March 15th, 2008
Jah Lovely says:
"Paul. Seriously. Is amazing.
His creativity blows me away.
His knack for processing makes me completely jealous!
I love how light and fun his shots can be, and then how dark and moody they can become.
His mind is a neverending pit of creativity, emotion and skill.
So glad to be a part of his daily 365!"
February 19th, 2008
the brownhorse says:
"some people are good at photoshop. some people take humorous shots. some people are good technically. Paul has the annoying habit of being all of these! A fellow 365 traveler and i;m very glad i have Paul on this road with me. and always look forward to his shots, you never know what you gonna get!"
January 9th, 2008
"Paul is obviously someone who was born with creativity oozing from his being!! and a quick glance through his photostream will reveal that he is not just a creative spirit but a technically gifted photographer (and musician). He has a real talent for turning the thoughts in his head into real images and sounds. I think it's this skill of translating ideas that I admire most.
Add to the above the fact that Paul has a great sense of humour, layers of nerdishness that astound even me (in a cool way) and you have the right mix for the near perfect flickr-ite.
Keep up all the good work bud!"
December 10th, 2007
LahDeeDah Lu says:
"Paul says I fed his desire to pursue photography, but I think it was mutual. It's been great seeing his photography passion grow and develop. It truly makes me happy. It's like we've nudged each other along. He is continuously experimenting with new styles and gets great results.
He's also one of those people I would love to have a few beers with. Definitely one of those people I'd love to meet in person... hopefully one of those people who become a lifelong friend."
October 4th, 2007
"Paul is a true artist with a natural talent for photography. However, he is constantly striving to improve further by learning new techniques and ways of approaching potential pictures. He is a very versatile photographer with a keen eye and powerful imagination. Portraits, urban scenes, natural landscapes, you name it, he can turn his hand to it and consistently deliver great shots! He's also a truly wonderful person."
August 17th, 2007
- January 2007
- Leeds/Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Staffordshire, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken