I'm a widower; my wife, Valerie, died in 2003. (My car number plate is GE04 VAL ) In 2005-6 I took a course in photography at East Surrey College, but I've been taking photographs for years. I've changed my name on flickr from funfilledgeorgie as I thought that it was pretty silly, but I'm still full of fun - some of the time. Despite the birthday counter having clicked 74 I'm still waiting to become a grown up sensible sort of chap :)
Since joining flickr, and especially since becoming an admin on the 365 Days self-portrait group, I've found a way of spending FAR too long at the computer but very many people have seen my photos, and have commented on them, and I've seen so much that I'd never have been able to see otherwise :)
- Pickle Vision (Pickles & Pickling) 327 photos, 209 members
- radios 5,473 photos, 665 members
- Dulwich Picture Gallery flickr Friends 1,696 photos, 75 members
- this is how I feel today* 11,375 photos, 654 members
- To Make It In Life You Need Balls!™ 1,217 photos, 341 members
- Joie de Vivre (Joy of Being Alive) 3,096 photos, 600 members
- Breakfast Today 540 photos, 33 members
- Sing It Loud 366 photos, 91 members
- Thrifted Tuesday 2,222 photos, 315 members
- Inspired by Cinema 598 photos, 102 members
- Macro Addicts, That is all. 86,903 photos, 5,227 members
- Notebook Mods 633 photos, 113 members
- Shhh. 546 photos, 72 members
- Hand Signals and Gestures 7,717 photos, 1,253 members
- Shop in&out 3,755 photos, 256 members
- Price Labels 5 photos, 6 members
- Black and White Wednesday 2,646 photos, 376 members
- February's Alphabet Fun: 2017 Edition 307 photos, 39 members
- Spoonerism 23 photos, 16 members
- My Camera Club Trophy 2 photos, 2 members
- folding papers plane origami 66 photos, 39 members
- Jolly Flickrs 365 2017 255 photos, 9 members
- Dramatic Gopher 2 photos, 6 members
- Pickles Under Windshield Wipers 3 photos, 5 members
- N.C.H.E.H. 5 photos, 6 members
- Go Away.... 10 photos, 7 members
- Books that I will never read 1 photo, 3 members
- Donated Money 4 photos, 2 members
- Number 74 20 photos, 6 members
- Hoopy Froods of the Galaxy 3 photos, 11 members
- Bulldog clips 1 photo, 2 members
- National Sharpen Your Pencil Day 47 photos, 16 members
- "The End of the Line" 177 photos, 15 members
- Prisma! 776 photos, 53 members
- Soundtrack Of Your Life 58 photos, 14 members
- Wendeltreppen - Spiral staircases 326 photos, 31 members
- Bread 4,960 photos, 698 members
- Box Photography 74 photos, 13 members
- Make Food Not War 2,672 photos, 185 members
- Presents! 1,952 photos, 343 members
- Tunnels 7,474 photos, 2,214 members
- Green and Red 6,132 photos, 685 members
- FOUNTAIN PEN LOVERS 962 photos, 127 members
- 365/2017 - A Starter for Ten 2,302 photos, 53 members
- People reading newspapers 714 photos, 259 members
- Art Deco 36,677 photos, 3,422 members
- Ooh, Shiny! 4,482 photos, 457 members
- Pencils! 105 photos, 35 members
- Eastbourne 11,755 photos, 649 members
- Prisma Creations 1,419 photos, 196 members
"I am certain I first spotted Georgie's wonder filled photos through 365 (of which I didn''t even finish year 1!) What a delight it is to see what he has gotten up to in his (year 3!) of selfies photos and in his travels. He has a warm and down-to-earth humour, always kind words and intriguing perspectives into everyday life.
I am indeed made richer having made his acquaintance through the quirky world of Flickr. :D"
June 7th, 2009
sussex twit says:
"many thanks with your help I now have a buddy icon and profile keep in touch"
March 11th, 2009
"GeorgieR - the first thing I check out on Flickr! An inspiration to us all; I am fortunate enough to count Georgie a friend and neighbor. He lives just round the bend.....;-)"
January 10th, 2009
"Ok, what could be better than a man who jumps AND takes selfies while riding a bike? Possibly a man who also take selfies on the independence days of other countries. Georgie is the coolest dude, ever. Yeah, ever."
July 30th, 2008
"George's photos are fun to see. Many of them reveal humor and a sense that he is a very down to earth person with a real zest for life. Many times his descriptions are laced with interesting tidbits of information well worth reading."
September 12th, 2007
Clive Andrews says:
"It's great checking out George's photos. They reflect both the everyday and the extraordinary - often simultaneously.
In particular, I'd recommend taking a look at the slideshow of his participation in the 365 Days project. A great mix of humour, documentary and autobiography.
George has the air of a mildly eccentric, mischieveous uncle - the kind your parents worried would teach you bad habits."
June 28th, 2007
"Sit back, pour yourself a drink and enjoy the sights with GeorgieR. Looking at his photostream, I feel like a tiny sightseer on his shoulder as he fills me in with his insightful (and at times, really funny) commentary. This was the best trip I've taken without leaving my computer in ages!!"
August 31st, 2006
- George Redgrave
- October 2005
- Crawley, Sussex
- Crawley, Sussex, UK
- I am:
- Retired schoolteacher