I'm a widower; my wife, Valerie, died in 2003. (My car number plate is GE04 VAL ) In 2005-6 I took a course in photography at East Surrey College, but I've been taking photographs for years. I've changed my name on flickr from funfilledgeorgie as I thought that it was pretty silly, but I'm still full of fun - some of the time. Despite the birthday counter having clicked 73 I'm still waiting to become a grown up sensible sort of chap :)
Since joining flickr, and especially since becoming an admin on the 365 Days self-portrait group, I've found a way of spending FAR too long at the computer but very many people have seen my photos, and have commented on them, and I've seen so much that I'd never have been able to see otherwise :)
- Yellow bicycles 1,884 photos, 197 members
- Road Works UK 218 photos, 49 members
- TEA STUFF... BAGS, TAGS, CUPS WRAPS, TOWELS AND MORE! 802 photos, 284 members
- PARKER PEN 146 photos, 22 members
- Visions of Red 7,131 photos, 469 members
- Photo of the Photographer: Camera must be in photographers photo 3,815 photos, 510 members
- London Tube 52,957 photos, 16,440 members
- Lifts 294 photos, 94 members
- Multi-Colored Socks 226 photos, 46 members
- London Railway Stations 2,704 photos, 206 members
- UK Mainline Railway Station Roofs 1,676 photos, 293 members
- Victoria station 144 photos, 40 members
- Lampposts 3,204 photos, 332 members
- Lamposts, Lamps, and Street Lights 12,016 photos, 2,108 members
- Sussex, UK 10,838 photos, 330 members
- Motion [moh-shuhn] 177 photos, 31 members
- eggs are my muse 137 photos, 36 members
- 366/2016 - A Leap of Faith 0 photos, 28 members
- Gates Gates Gates 8,142 photos, 1,667 members
- Sunday walks - Or just photos from your walk. 3,115 photos, 230 members
- County of Surrey 2,365 photos, 37 members
- Surrey 9,236 photos, 39 members
- 13 is the magic number! 37 photos, 39 members
- This Ain't Your Grandmother's Toilet 246 photos, 79 members
- Hats, regrettable and otherwise 3,416 photos, 248 members
- *Public Art 14,296 photos, 777 members
- Victoria and Albert Museum 8,987 photos, 1,433 members
- Science Museum - London 7,035 photos, 707 members
- Effected Cameras 27,448 photos, 2,228 members
- Candles Lights And Shadows 923 photos, 252 members
- Houses of the Holy 3,992 photos, 82 members
- this is why i love autumn. 1,315 photos, 253 members
- Selfie around the world 535 photos, 186 members
- Gas / Petrol / Fuel Caps, Covers, and Doors 75 photos, 14 members
- Personalised plates on unlikely vehicles 2,148 photos, 51 members
- Facebook 15,797 photos, 1,813 members
- The Prayer Book Society 13 photos, 1 member
- : abstract AND minimal : 27,038 photos, 1,199 members
- Suburban Totems 119 photos, 31 members
- EYES "the window to the soul" 1,199 photos, 243 members
- found shopping lists 853 photos, 51 members
- Human vs Technology 212 photos, 65 members
- Ruthless Copycats 25 photos, 18 members
- Boxed Food 417 photos, 62 members
- Introspective Portraits 694 photos, 37 members
- urinals 4,848 photos, 912 members
- Proverbs 50 photos, 31 members
- Royal Academy 74 photos, 5 members
- Pets and Their People 523 photos, 136 members
- Great outdoors - nature or civilization 1,186 photos, 58 members
"I am certain I first spotted Georgie's wonder filled photos through 365 (of which I didn''t even finish year 1!) What a delight it is to see what he has gotten up to in his (year 3!) of selfies photos and in his travels. He has a warm and down-to-earth humour, always kind words and intriguing perspectives into everyday life.
I am indeed made richer having made his acquaintance through the quirky world of Flickr. :D"
June 7th, 2009
sussex twit says:
"many thanks with your help I now have a buddy icon and profile keep in touch"
March 11th, 2009
"GeorgieR - the first thing I check out on Flickr! An inspiration to us all; I am fortunate enough to count Georgie a friend and neighbor. He lives just round the bend.....;-)"
January 10th, 2009
"Ok, what could be better than a man who jumps AND takes selfies while riding a bike? Possibly a man who also take selfies on the independence days of other countries. Georgie is the coolest dude, ever. Yeah, ever."
July 30th, 2008
"George's photos are fun to see. Many of them reveal humor and a sense that he is a very down to earth person with a real zest for life. Many times his descriptions are laced with interesting tidbits of information well worth reading."
September 12th, 2007
Clive Andrews says:
"It's great checking out George's photos. They reflect both the everyday and the extraordinary - often simultaneously.
In particular, I'd recommend taking a look at the slideshow of his participation in the 365 Days project. A great mix of humour, documentary and autobiography.
George has the air of a mildly eccentric, mischieveous uncle - the kind your parents worried would teach you bad habits."
June 28th, 2007
"Sit back, pour yourself a drink and enjoy the sights with GeorgieR. Looking at his photostream, I feel like a tiny sightseer on his shoulder as he fills me in with his insightful (and at times, really funny) commentary. This was the best trip I've taken without leaving my computer in ages!!"
August 31st, 2006
- George Redgrave
- October 2005
- Crawley, Sussex
- Crawley, Sussex, UK
- I am:
- Retired schoolteacher