I'm a widower; my wife, Valerie, died in 2003. (My car number plate is GE04 VAL ) In 2005-6 I took a course in photography at East Surrey College, but I've been taking photographs for years. I've changed my name on flickr from funfilledgeorgie as I thought that it was pretty silly, but I'm still full of fun - some of the time. Despite the birthday counter having clicked 73 I'm still waiting to become a grown up sensible sort of chap :)
Since joining flickr, and especially since becoming an admin on the 365 Days self-portrait group, I've found a way of spending FAR too long at the computer but very many people have seen my photos, and have commented on them, and I've seen so much that I'd never have been able to see otherwise :)
- Only Shadows 1,440 photos, 238 members
- Gloucestershire 45,321 photos, 1,042 members
- Gloucestershire Churches 7,801 photos, 158 members
- People In The Windows 9,505 photos, 2,184 members
- Iconostas - Iconostasis 603 photos, 88 members
- Hard Lines 3,482 photos, 286 members
- fork group 1,506 photos, 656 members
- Knolling 40 photos, 23 members
- Now and Then: People Places & Things 2,226 photos, 162 members
- Bored at Home 3,342 photos, 264 members
- RELÓGIO + HORLOGE + CLOCK + RELOJ + OROLOGIO 5,257 photos, 844 members
- la Couleur de la Musique et de la Poésie 1,579 photos, 132 members
- Head Furniture 1,413 photos, 90 members
- postbox map 1,572 photos, 76 members
- In My Room 8,700 photos, 1,561 members
- It's the End of the World (as we know it) 4,142 photos, 545 members
- Back of the Head 118 photos, 25 members
- What's that in your fridge? 998 photos, 694 members
- Yellow Yellow Yellow Things 7,944 photos, 836 members
- The Unexpected Heart 1,092 photos, 326 members
- Air Vent 610 photos, 81 members
- I Ate This 668,290 photos, 42,194 members
- Luggages... 277 photos, 155 members
- history of sound recording 650 photos, 121 members
- English Heritage (please read posting rules) 18,526 photos, 2,852 members
- Big Brother is Watching you! 1,657 photos, 400 members
- A.C.M C. . 22,360 photos, 2,583 members
- Headwear Wednesday 238 photos, 101 members
- National Trust properties in Sussex 594 photos, 46 members
- ***Basingstoke, Hampshire (England, UK)*** 4,169 photos, 208 members
- Lindfield 207 photos, 16 members
- Lexus 1,146 photos, 151 members
- Lexus Cars 2,783 photos, 366 members
- 100 WORDS 2,005 photos, 194 members
- Joys of Spring 6,405 photos, 340 members
- UK Level Crossings 665 photos, 43 members
- Gorgeous Golden Gorse 495 photos, 77 members
- Pink + Black = Love 550 photos, 182 members
- National Trust properties in Surrey 232 photos, 26 members
- people wearing glasses 7,656 photos, 836 members
- SPECTACLES, GLASSES, BARNACLES, LENS 757 photos, 256 members
- EGGsplorer Sunday 31 photos, 22 members
- Catches Latches 669 photos, 169 members
- Sharp and spiky: Ouch!- (1 per day) 2,696 photos, 711 members
- The Umbrella Parade 100 photos, 39 members
- Disgruntled coat wearers pool 64 photos, 21 members
- The unforgotten. Once upon a time, the people who mattered to us 404 photos, 337 members
- Photographers' Gallery London 10 photos, 4 members
- Life is Sweet 4,547 photos, 233 members
- English grub and nowt else. 2,475 photos, 95 members
"I am certain I first spotted Georgie's wonder filled photos through 365 (of which I didn''t even finish year 1!) What a delight it is to see what he has gotten up to in his (year 3!) of selfies photos and in his travels. He has a warm and down-to-earth humour, always kind words and intriguing perspectives into everyday life.
I am indeed made richer having made his acquaintance through the quirky world of Flickr. :D"
June 7th, 2009
sussex twit says:
"many thanks with your help I now have a buddy icon and profile keep in touch"
March 11th, 2009
"GeorgieR - the first thing I check out on Flickr! An inspiration to us all; I am fortunate enough to count Georgie a friend and neighbor. He lives just round the bend.....;-)"
January 10th, 2009
"Ok, what could be better than a man who jumps AND takes selfies while riding a bike? Possibly a man who also take selfies on the independence days of other countries. Georgie is the coolest dude, ever. Yeah, ever."
July 30th, 2008
"George's photos are fun to see. Many of them reveal humor and a sense that he is a very down to earth person with a real zest for life. Many times his descriptions are laced with interesting tidbits of information well worth reading."
September 12th, 2007
Clive Andrews says:
"It's great checking out George's photos. They reflect both the everyday and the extraordinary - often simultaneously.
In particular, I'd recommend taking a look at the slideshow of his participation in the 365 Days project. A great mix of humour, documentary and autobiography.
George has the air of a mildly eccentric, mischieveous uncle - the kind your parents worried would teach you bad habits."
June 28th, 2007
"Sit back, pour yourself a drink and enjoy the sights with GeorgieR. Looking at his photostream, I feel like a tiny sightseer on his shoulder as he fills me in with his insightful (and at times, really funny) commentary. This was the best trip I've taken without leaving my computer in ages!!"
August 31st, 2006
- George Redgrave
- October 2005
- Crawley, Sussex
- Crawley, Sussex, UK
- I am:
- Retired schoolteacher