Fulham Palace is a remarkable place. The estate was owned by the Bishops of London for over 1300 years and the Palace was their country home from at least the 11th century. Vacated by the Bishops in 1973, from 1 April 2011 the palace is now managed by the Fulham Palace Trust.

Bishops Park is a park in Fulham, south-west London. The park was opened by the London County Council in 1893, on land given by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. It is listed Grade II on the register of parks and gardens of special historic interest maintained by English Heritage
Bishop's Park was formally opened by Sir John Hutton, chairman of the LCC, in 1893. The park included land known as Bishop's Walk, Bishop's Meadow and West Meadow, formerly owned by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, as Lords of the Manor of Fulham. It was given to the Fulham District Board of Works on condition that the land was laid out and maintained for public recreation.

Fulham Palace and Bishop's Park's favorite photos from other Flickr members (1)

  • Fulham palace parkrun 26/07/14 by sydnee.watlow
 

Following (7)

 

Groups (2222)

Show more... Show fewer...

Testimonials (0)

Fulham Palace and Bishop's Park doesn't have any testimonials yet.

Name:
Fulham Palace and Bishop's Park
Joined:
February 2012
Website:
www.fulhampalace.org