Purchased my first camera ( Canon 40d ) in July 2009. I take my camera with me most days and take shots on my way to and from work.
I've been enjoying this photography lark so much that as of jan 2010 I've upgraded to a Canon 5D MKii.
Newest addition is a Canon EOS 1V... Film camera.
I have a number of lenses:
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM (rarely used for street)
Even newest addition
Leica M6TTL & Nokton 35mm f/1.4 MC, Summicron 50mm f/2
Leica M-E & Summicron 35mm
Street Photography Year 1 by Michael J Ade | Make Your Own Book
I mostly concentrate on shooting what I call 'street portraiture' that is to say people that catch my eye for one reason or another. Im quite open about photographing people..in most cases the subjects are aware of the camera..and depending upon their reactions I will either take a shot or not..non of my shots are posed...I dont use a strobe or lights all are shot with the available light.
Comments and constructive criticism always welcome. Please don’t post flashing or oversized logos or your own photos as I will delete them. I wont add photos to award groups. Also - if you do not have any pics and/or have got no profile, pls do not fave me or add me as a contact, I will block you without any further warning.
- London Street Photography (LSP) 255 photos, 4,774 members
- Leica M Monochrom 50,921 photos, 2,513 members
- Londoners Street Photography 11,392 photos, 1,598 members
- So Seventh Dream Life Then - Trent Parke Inspired Streettogs 1,293 photos, 301 members
- The Leica Meet 83,137 photos, 1,503 members
- COLOR Street (curatimus maximus) 8,246 photos, 4,040 members
- CineStillFilm 11,431 photos, 3,353 members
- Mobile Phone Photography 301,863 photos, 9,481 members
- Urban Picnic Street Photography 750 photos, 3,421 members
- Leica 831,840 photos, 16,680 members
- Leica M Users 428,409 photos, 8,824 members
- Leica M9 160,625 photos, 6,769 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,184 photos, 81,454 members
- Shoot the Street 557,778 photos, 9,372 members
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 324 photos, 484 members
- www.street-photographers.com 238 photos, 4,510 members
- Film is not Dead!! 2,316,854 photos, 45,495 members
- Leica Street 117,695 photos, 3,139 members
- I Shoot Film 2,591,526 photos, 110,578 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - The ORIGINAL - See News! 49,291 photos, 4,596 members
- Streets in Colo(u)r 7,534 photos, 5,752 members
- Street Photography & Candid Street Portrait (The Very Best) 10,663 photos, 6,934 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 320,467 photos, 9,639 members
- Image Portrait Gallery !!! - B&W or Color !!! 216,721 photos, 4,753 members
- Superosity 113,419 photos, 4,000 members
- No Manipulation / Documents of our time 8,355 photos, 313 members
- Image Gallery / B&W !!! 458,803 photos, 12,747 members
- 50mm f/1.4 Shooters 326,693 photos, 12,155 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 580,147 photos, 21,096 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 1,363,253 photos, 64,796 members
- Form is a Verb 3,012 photos, 327 members
- Identification (formerly "I and Thou") 465 photos, 50 members
- Candid Revelations 5,868 photos, 1,108 members
- Image Gallery... B&W and Color !!! 566,052 photos, 7,840 members
- Minimalism 265,717 photos, 24,897 members
- Abstract Photos 124,730 photos, 19,503 members
- canon photography 6,543,109 photos, 111,905 members
- People in the City 814,892 photos, 15,481 members
- Street Photography 3,389 photos, 45,296 members
- Horseshoe Parade 600 photos, 41 members
- People in Black & White 707,083 photos, 33,576 members
- Just Street Photography 2,494,655 photos, 78,844 members
- *****Street Photography***** 1,177,163 photos, 29,132 members
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 106,619 photos, 12,833 members
- Street Portraitist 146,337 photos, 4,497 members
- Walk-By Shootings 449,266 photos, 6,594 members
- The Street Photography Community 1,350,392 photos, 47,209 members
- Londonist 428,427 photos, 8,500 members
- StreetPhoto 1,411,430 photos, 31,500 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,513,305 photos, 45,887 members
"Michael has raised the bar on photography for us all.
And the best part about it is that his sense of perfection definitely includes but also exceeds the technical aspect. The stellar sharpness in his photos is visual but also visceral. I often can't resist going in to view his photos in the original size, where I can literally enter the moment he captured in all of its life like visibility. Making that possible requires precision from the camera, but also precision from the heart. And the mastery of both is the kind of greatness that can be found on Michael a 2 b's stream.
Michael thank you so much, for showing me what is possible to do with a camera. I got the Mark II as I was inspired by you! And for our friendship here, thank you for that too."
January 4th, 2011
"He is one of the best street photographer I've ever known.
His shots are an inspiration.
His whole wonderful stream is an ispiration. To me!"
May 6th, 2010
"Michael absolutely amazes me. He just bought his camera in 2009 and you'd never know it. He shoots street like a seasoned veteran, his images are compelling, lovely and the colors are incredible.
Bokelicious captures of action on the street, every day brings of more eye candy from his lens!
Browse his photo stream, you will not be disappointed!"
April 16th, 2010
Brendan Ó Sé says:
"It's a pleasure to come and see your photographs each day.
Always fresh, always interesting, always aesthetically enchanting.
Thanks for sharing, thanks for bringing your world to my screen, thanks for supporting!"
February 25th, 2010
nondescript fnord says:
"Michael is one of the best artists in street photography I know. His work is absolutely impeccable, full of colors and emotions. A true inspiration for all of us who are learning from the masters!"
December 29th, 2009
Neal Bingham says:
"Michael has become pretty famous on flickr and it's easy to see why, his pictures speak for themselves - a very talented guy who's also a great and supportive flickr friend. Happy to have made his acquaintance this year and looking forward to even greater things from him in the future! >Neal"
December 24th, 2009
Pierre Mallien says:
"I'm very proud to have you in my contacts. Your work is absolutely great. I love to come everyday in your stream. It's makes my days :-))
October 30th, 2009
Dan Goorevitch (busy) says:
"Just picked up a camera so it's too early to tell LOL! A great eye and light-hearted sensibility, If he played piano it'd be like Nat "King" Cole. Great touch."
October 11th, 2009
- Michael Ade
- August 2009
- I am: