"frizztext" introduces the work of my wife Barbara (a professional photographer) and my own work (wordpress blogger)
read my daily posts on WORDPRESS, visit my group BLOG IT! or follow me on twitter.com/frizztext
146 different countries have visited this site:
- Clet Abraham 503 photos, 46 members
- Uñas de felinos 5,149 photos, 462 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 29,341 photos, 4,373 members
- BE FREE Photographer's Network 84,218 photos, 1,302 members
- M - for Message [P1/C2] 22,199 photos, 1,437 members
- !ADMIN TALK INTERNATIONAL (Admin-Invited Only) 87,028 photos, 2,273 members
- Writing Machines 4,858 photos, 7,085 members
- Project Weather 158,303 photos, 38,430 members
- PLANET EARTH TRAINS AND RAILROADS 15,155 photos, 404 members
- Miaouuuuuuuuuuu 6,294 photos, 344 members
- Dimakosmos Black & White 2,762 photos, 189 members
- Portraits 300+ faves 263 photos, 24 members
- View 52: A Year in Pictures 3,610 photos, 103 members
- Portrait World (人像世界) 149,714 photos, 4,263 members
- Gatti Gattini Gattacci! 8,791 photos, 1,776 members
- InspireFirst.com 4,021 photos, 384 members
- Winner of 'One of the best on Flickr' (15+Faves & Invited) 14,768 photos, 970 members
- The Cadillacs of Photography 10,028 photos, 752 members
- Share, your Website 26 photos, 156 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,081 photos, 6,943 members
- Occupy Movement in Germany 2,505 photos, 82 members
- **E Ticket**(invited photos only) 18,121 photos, 1,584 members
- ***•*´¨*Just Passing Our Time - P1-A1 [moderated] [no nudes] 88,772 photos, 2,329 members
- Best of Vermeer Pearls 2,921 photos, 416 members
- SOMETHING DIFFERENT (post 1, comment 1) 28,751 photos, 1,629 members
- ·Spirit Of Photography (Post 1 Award 5) - Comment or be banned 740,752 photos, 29,018 members
- ! !^ItalianLifeStyle" 15+F P1/Aw 2 FAVES2 New Codes 4,407 photos, 715 members
- It's Kafkaesque - See "About" for Award Code 2,305 photos, 522 members
- Gate to Paradise, Free Group for Free Artists, It's your group 31,036 photos, 1,012 members
- The Joyful Servant 113 photos, 99 members
- Two = Zwei = Deux = Due = Dva = 2 94,321 photos, 2,933 members
- Your Square Portrait/ P1/C1/ 4,241 photos, 270 members
- Flair and Square 23,847 photos, 848 members
- Life Upclose in Mono 49,981 photos, 3,225 members
- jesuscm's favorites Gallery (Admin invite only) P1►A/C3 6,888 photos, 580 members
- Richard's (admin-invite) 23,009 photos, 1,039 members
- Planet Eriba 425 photos, 55 members
- A Square GrayScale [monochrome only] A1/P1 Sweeper Running 10,577 photos, 626 members
- Twin Towers New York 1,325 photos, 117 members
- The Golden Gallery (Admin-Invited Only) 50,637 photos, 3,714 members
- SIR HENRY AND CO. 43,270 photos, 1,523 members
- Focus on Beauty (Admin-Invite) 18,537 photos, 1,467 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-Freie Kunst-INVITED PIX ONLY 49,617 photos, 7,890 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,251 photos, 21,968 members
- The Cube Excellency Gallery ( admin-invited images only) 14,743 photos, 1,192 members
- Views: 10000 5,945 photos, 3,368 members
- Your best street photo 4,478 photos, 697 members
- "Denke Pink" od. *** Think Pink*** pink-rosa-lila 20,632 photos, 390 members
- BUICK 10,369 photos, 569 members
- Artwork inspired by NYC <3 274 photos, 37 members
"If there were no one else on FLickr, I would be content with just Frizz. It has been several years now. First I loved his amazing photo eye and sensibility and the way he see's things. Then I fell in love with his sense of humour, and started putting the very best stuff that I had in "Cultural Boxes" and going there to learn the cool stuff, being witty, sardonic, and sharp while still being kind. I loved his boxes, and found myself shooting for boxes. I always looked for his stuff... and then after a couple years, I saw Barbara's amazing things--the tango shoot, and then his music and love for Django Rheinhard and the blues.... it goes on and on. The only thing that pisses me off, is there is an ocean between us, and I can't hang out with him."
15th June, 2009
Ginas Pics says:
FrizzText's Dietmar is one of my best friends in flickr. In the team with his wife Barbara they are creating one of the most diversified stream in the flickr community.
Be it stunning photos from all over the world, be it atelier shots, be it books, calendars, series, slideshows, videoclips, be it views accompanied by sound, either great names or self composed to name just a few exemplarily. Their stream contents it all.
Dietmar is a very social person, not only does he comment immediately when his contacts load up new pics but he is helpful and gives hints of what is new, where and how. He even values other people's works integrating them into his own books, such as Restaurant Murals(http://www.flickr.com/photos/frizztext/sets/72157608616414361/) or others.
I am proud to be part of his community, thank you very much Dietmar and Barbara!
Regina Siebrecht, M.A."
1st May, 2009
"Dietmar alias Frizz’s photos are like his passion of playing the blues! Exploring photos like his music full of life. Sometimes great snapshots and sometimes even exploring on FrontPage. Besides his passion for photography he runs excellent groups on Flickr shown he’s positive attitude and love for all of the world’s culture and people. Dietmar is living the blues on Flickr. Please have a look at his portfolio and I’m sure you’ll sing along with his great photo journey through life."
28th April, 2009
rita banerji says:
"Dietmar's photography and photo-artistry is bold, brilliant, creative and insightful -- there is no denying that even when you are glancing through his gallery for the first time. But what makes him unique on flickr is that he is also a thinker, a philosopher and a revolutionary -- constantly seeking new methods and angles to present his take on the world through his pictures. Every photo of his is a long and carefully nutured vision, a statement, a question through which he wants to engage his friends and viewers -- to do a retake on the world. This is very important when art has universally become a lazy medium of self-indulgence. Dietmar shows that art is still revolution and he does this not just through his own pictures but by actively seeking other photographer's works and showcasing them through galleries -- in the process not just sheparding other's talents generously, but pulling them into actively engaging in a changing world. I should know -- I was one such flickr person to have benefitted from the generosity of his attention!"
6th November, 2008
Kenny Shackleford says:
"Just one big "WOW"!!"
3rd May, 2008
"One of flickr's best with his own portfolio as his clearest testimony. FrizzText is a mastery at capturing ambiance, whether it be nostalgic, environmental, mysterious or romantic. I'm very grateful for his allowing me to use his "Rihanna's Umbrella" photograph as reference for a recent painting."
8th April, 2008
"Thank you for bringing the world to me in my little village of 80 people
in S.Central Wisconsin, North America. I am disabled with Arthritis for
10 years now and last spring, my son hooked me up to high speed
internet. The world is now my playground. Thank you for the fabulous
photographs that you take. I have seen none better, and I am grateful
that you are in my world, taking pictures and sharing them of flickr."
16th March, 2008
"100F Photographer! Here you find highly attended pictures. Quality on highest level. –– 100F摄影! 在此您可找到深受关注的相片。 最高水准的质量。 –– ¡Fotógrafo 100F! Aquí encontrará imágenes muy apreciadas. Calidad al más alto nivel. –– Fotógrafo 100F! Aqui encontra imagens que receberam muita atenção.Qualidade ao mais alto nível. –– Photographe 100F! Vous trouverez ici des clichés très recherchés. Qualité au plus haut niveau. –– 100F Photograph! Hier finden Sie viel beachtete Bilder. Qualität auf höchstem Niveau. –– 100F Photograph! Qui trovi immagini molto guardate. Qualità al massimo livello. –– 100F 사진! 귀하는 여기서 아주 우수하게 평가된 사진들을 찾을 수 있습니다. 최우수 수준의 질.
World100F – QualityGroup – Marco"
22nd December, 2007
JOMAR PHOTO says:
"I love the "Artistic" dimensions of FrizzText work. Cats, Dogs, People and Things that I have seen on his site show the great amount of passion and energy that he puts into his work. Thank you for counting me as a friend in the Flickr community and sharing your talents with the world."
31st October, 2007
Rita Crane Photography says:
"Frizztext is one of my favorite Flickr photographers. Fascinating subjects, a concern for humanity, and a nice sprinkling of whimsey, is what brings me back to his stream.
Frizztext has started two EXCELLENT groups:
CULTURAL BOXES www.flickr.com/gr...
and INDEPENDENT www.flickr.com/gr... Clearly, his concern for the human condition around the world has motivated these themes. Check them out, and especially the discussion threads where he opens the thread to specific themes from time to time, like different traditional costumes and fashions around the world, excellent architecture from around the world, or a series on bicycles as green transport. In these threads one can post one's own images that relate to the topic, and see other members' high quality photos. In addition, Frizztext has himself curated some wonderful images and created special galleries in the discussion threads. He is dedicated to meaningful, soulful subjects with an international flavor that help us all see, respect, and cherish our common humanity. I admire his work very much."
22nd September, 2007
Rich Brown Photography says:
"FrizzText has written somewhere in his stream, that English is his second language and that he wishes to improve it.
FrizzText dear friend, a picture speaks a thousand words, and crosses many cultural divides. Long may you continue to capture the images you see, they speak better than any language!"
2nd August, 2007
"It would be futile to try and describe the photography of FrizzText: sometimes it is an old 1960s happening and sometimes it is the height of composed perfection and sometimes inspired snapshots -- his well-fed cat comes to mind. He plays the guitar (blues) and runs some of the most interesting sites on Flickr. There are recurring themes: sheep are everywhere and Volkswagen beetles peer in and out of photographs, starting with his old 1965 beetle –powder blue in color and a little dented. His guitars are everywhere too, playing out there in the rapeseed. You can see him performing briefly on YouTube. He is perfectly capable of creating those "Beautiful Flickr" photos with a flick of his shutter. His Castles, and kite flyers, and Greek Islands have all flitted effortlessly onto Explore. But his heart is with the maestro conducting a river (also made Explore), the monorail weaving through the industrial web, his cat wandering across the table during the family portrait. He has a modernist streak. His Dissymmetry site celebrates Piet Mondrian. Even so, I think he believes that there is wisdom in the ways that have been handed down and that people should think for themselves. You see it in some of the other sites he hosts: one is called "Independent." another "Cultural boxes." I like the latter best. He and his wife live in a house near a field with a cat and some fish and a gentle sense of humor, and I check in regularly to brighten my day, confound my brain, and comfort my soul."
1st August, 2007
"Frizztext, ik heb je leren kennen door de poster, de motivator, door je enthousiasme in je comments. Je maakt dat ik weer met andere ogen ga kijken naar al dat moois wat we in ons leven om ons heen verzamelen. Ik hoop nog lang te mogen genieten van jouw foto werk en vooral van de mooie kleurrijke, harmonieuze poster.
Je bent een meester in de perfecte combinatie. Foto, woord en muziek! Dankjewel
8th May, 2007
"In innivation classes, we have been taught about the power of "the prepared mind".
FrizzText's photos show the prepared mind, visually... his whimsical yet telling shot of the blithe goldfish swimming at the level of the lighthouse is a perfect example... from whimsy he also deftly moves to an insight about global warming.
Beyond that, his photos sweep such a great arc of time allowing a peek into his graceful past (the vw photo is priceless).
Keep up the visual excitement and the fresh creativity."
20th March, 2007
evje calling says:
"It's such a pleasure looking at FrizzText's photostream. He has the power and capability to show us a different point of view. He makes us wonder about the 'facts' in life. His photos give us much more than just a beautiful image, they give us conscience."
7th February, 2007
"... u have energy, u have gift to perceive, to see essential, to share, to educate us...
14th December, 2006
"I met Frizz here on flickr or better to say he found me, lol. I discover an authentic person with many natural gifts and great personality. His photos are pure art and his humanity is touching. I am honored to be his friend and hope we could meet one day and talk about many things we have in common."
25th October, 2006
Edna Barney says:
"FrizzText can make any photograph into a work of art, and then some! I am proud that he is a contact of mine."
28th July, 2006
Number Six says:
"FrizzText is one of the more adventurous photographers on Flickr. He is constantly introducing new techniques to the site and is never afraid to record the less attractive signs of modern day living. His work is inspirational and a viewing of his photostream is always a worthwhile experience. Keep up the excellent work Dietmar!"
24th July, 2006
"Frizztext's pictures show an enormous diversity - a
time period of 50 years, cities, rural life, cats&dogs
and, of course, people. His pictures are analytical,
they are intuitive. They all have in common, that they
capture the essence of life.
Having said all that, I need to warn you: he's not a
photographer, but a word-artist. He is sharing with us
his treasury of essays. He is composing sentences,
conveying meaning and melody.
What is he to the Flickr community?
- The developer: his DISSYMMTERY group is one of the
most intriguing and you can feel, that he cares.
- The innovator: new groups, his 2x2, his posters.
- The connector - he brings people together - with
pictures, with words, with each other."
17th July, 2006
- May 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- my daily blog at wordpress
- frizztext [at] aol.com