Just love taking photographs, and since joining Flickr I have developed a passion for picturing birds. Nothing exotic but everyday birds like gulls, crows and sparrows. My photostream is an eclectic mix of holiday snaps, attempts at photographic art and an online diary of life in my community. I am proud to have had images used in the local press, Wikipedia and several other places on the internet.
I use a Canon Digital SLR with either a 75/300mm lens (95% of the time) or a 28/80mm lens (the remaining 5%) and carry an HP Photosmart R707 in my pocket. The most useful thing in my camera case is a big plastic bag full of bird seed!
I do not use Photoshop, just some basic cropping to alter the size and point of focus of images - the art of photography is in the eye, not the computer (but that is just my opinion).
A big thank you to all of my contacts who are prepared to waste a few minutes out of their precious day to comment on my offerings - I like to think of you all as very good friends!
- Dragon Gold Award " The Best Of Flickr " 610,359 photos, 25,937 members
- This is Scotland 53,058 photos, 950 members
- Adorable Critters (Invite Only) 25,923 photos, 4,964 members
- ~LMAO~ Animal photography only! 5,769 photos, 2,855 members
- Photos of QUALITY to Smile About ~ International ~ (moderated) 222,658 photos, 14,861 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 291,797 photos, 29,204 members
- The wonderful world of birds (P1/A2). 79,262 photos, 4,988 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 192,541 photos, 9,106 members
- Sparrows and Swans 10,036 photos, 1,890 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 41,049 photos, 4,994 members
- Caithness Photography 4,375 photos, 151 members
- Scotland in Picture 233,657 photos, 5,656 members
- Golf - public group 37,069 photos, 3,697 members
- Traditional Farm Animals 16,713 photos, 2,215 members
- "World Nature & Wildlife Closeup" Post 1/C3 235,527 photos, 9,427 members
- Gulls and Pigeons.P1/C1. 21,810 photos, 4,806 members
- Golf Directory 35,018 photos, 1,989 members
- Scottish Wildlife 38,304 photos, 1,234 members
- Birds and Wildlife UK 482,283 photos, 12,080 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a5) 639,749 photos, 47,826 members
- The County of Sutherland 4,705 photos, 304 members
- (mostly) Ducks 46,889 photos, 5,230 members
- Dornoch and Embo 534 photos, 34 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,046,100 photos, 25,160 members
- N A T U R E [no limits] 161,101 photos, 2,545 members
- Irresistible Beauty - Invited photos only 14,918 photos, 3,443 members
- QEMD "Finch" 77,149 photos, 2,012 members
- Born Free, Living Free 106,759 photos, 2,856 members
- Oyster Catchers 1,527 photos, 283 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a5) 453,627 photos, 40,093 members
- Super Shots - Only Invited Photos - Nominate Now 257,389 photos, 40,173 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,776 photos, 1,804 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 307,412 photos, 39,562 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 358,284 photos, 24,622 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 385,870 photos, 50,483 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 490,722 photos, 63,422 members
- Lunar Village - CLOSED 38,392 photos, 4,564 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,279 photos, 42,106 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 77,763 photos, 8,621 members
- Global Village 2 - CLOSED 211,392 photos, 14,467 members
"Things can sometimes get in in the way of time on Flickr but no matter what each day brings, I always look forward to visiting John’s photo stream.
His photos are beautiful, composed so perfectly and he always tells such a story with each one that it makes you feel as if you were there when he took the picture and experienced it first hand. His wit and humor never cease to amaze me and he has a knack of knowing just the right thing to say.
He is an exceptional photographer who has a big heart and a wonderful spirit about him. I am honored to call him a Flickr friend. I have to say that visiting John’s photo stream is one of my favorite parts of every day!"
August 6th, 2007
- John Haslam
- December 2006
- Blackpool, England
- Dornoch, Scotland
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Steward, Royal Dornoch Golf Club