photography. ...is a medium. an inbetween, a vessel or vehicle that carries or represents. ultimately it is a tool. a static middleman of sorts. a costumed interpreter.
the photographic image is one way to expel exhaust. it is effective, immediate, but can also be involved and complex. it is a highly customizable medium/tool.
all humans exhaust their mental byproducts, expel expression, find a need to articulate the world-surround; essential and inherent function.
i realize or maybe accept that there are those humans(me) who are overwhelmed by insatiable experience. i cannot turn the stuff off. is it something to turn off? textures fierce and over-constantly tied-in to the dynamic balance between instinct and intellect. for this, everything is tool. everything becomes art and element of thought. seams are lost.
of the many tools i have come to use, the camera, and it’s latent insinuations of time and abstract, provides a consistent portal where continuum enjoys tangible form. it is a good tool/product (the camera/photograph) to capture quick bits of visual sketch as well as to frame refined finished works. to me it feels like a swiss army knife.
i love the process- the movement of life. i am most interested in the details of culture and life-byproducts, the wear and tear of existence, but details as seen from a broad or vague vantage point. i am highly enamoured with seeing through things or of hidden sources of movement or sound.
the variable of the moment is exhilarating and obliterating.
i love hats and character bits. textures, fingerprints. mistakes, thrifstores; i love the things that dance with my exponent~ my dynamic circuit completed.
and i have a sneaky love for wigs. "sneaky" because it's almost like i am not aware of this "love" but i have detected its presence. i have other sneaky loves but i thought to share this one.
i believe in the artist. not the school, not the training, not the rules or guidelines, not the success, fame, income, or formalism.
i believe in the human, not the gender, not the age, class, race, clique, experience.
but as only one human i cannot know every other human. i cannot include every human. and to that, i seek out what my being gravitates towards. i seek out humans of notes and rhythms that bring our dance together.
i accept that i can't like everyone, that i can't know everyone.
Photos of colom j romero (9)
- Toys: Pachisaurs 105 photos, 38 members
- Videostores 220 photos, 35 members
- Flying Circus 3,068 photos, 1,241 members
- Raiders of The Lost Snacks 4,807 photos, 432 members
- Toys: ''Patchisaurs'' 34 photos, 46 members
- Through a glass, darkly 67,072 photos, 17,731 members
- Alley：路地裏写真展 21,237 photos, 543 members
- Old playground furniture 2,634 photos, 464 members
- Vintage wrapping paper 695 photos, 540 members
- Vintage Price Stickers 252 photos, 190 members
- 1970's 22,033 photos, 1,288 members
- Taco Bell 1,212 photos, 182 members
- Vintage Kids 39,417 photos, 3,155 members
- As we were - 70's & 80's memories 11,552 photos, 2,226 members
- TOYS IN THE 1970-80S 15,577 photos, 1,407 members
- Gimme anything retro!! 11,645 photos, 179 members
- Geometric Memories 1,602 photos, 61 members
- is so because I want to 5,030 photos, 371 members
- Blurvision Photo 91,959 photos, 5,629 members
- Drive By Shooting! 68,656 photos, 3,398 members
- Kunterbunt 1,593 photos, 68 members
- Growing Up In Arcades: 1979-1989 173 photos, 717 members
- blurism 73,391 photos, 2,671 members
- Abstract Photography, Art and More... 138,545 photos, 9,198 members
- Abstract and arty - no rules except abstract and arty! 115,212 photos, 3,126 members
- Polacy fotografujący (1/1) 162,090 photos, 4,354 members
- catspotting (OUTDOOR CATPIX ONLY) 18,445 photos, 770 members
- Kmart 16,983 photos, 212 members
- Vintage Electronics 20,300 photos, 2,669 members
- Growing Up Star Wars: 1977-1985 1,027 photos, 1,632 members
- Stray cat rules!! 10,501 photos, 945 members
- Dogs on Roofs 1,011 photos, 9,563 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 565,627 photos, 25,980 members
- Power Lines 23,793 photos, 4,355 members
- Shoes on Telephone Lines 531 photos, 308 members
- SoftServe 1,108 photos, 123 members
- Missouri Thunderstorms 992 photos, 219 members
- Generation X 2,848 photos, 475 members
- I lost my marbles on flickr 3,513 photos, 1,046 members
- We love Malingering! 2,546 photos, 537 members
- Graffiti Archaeology 220,440 photos, 11,129 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 16,871 photos, 17,982 members
- STREETART 690,807 photos, 29,668 members
- Toy Cameras 299,285 photos, 26,161 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 303,706 photos, 45,710 members
- Holgagraphy 164,947 photos, 18,534 members
- pavement 85,324 photos, 22,097 members
colom j romero doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- scribble wizzard
- May 2006
- volcanoes of mountain time
- realm of the western interior seaway, united states
- I am:
- Male and Single
- wizzard (gorgon class)
- otsugan [at] gmail.com