Welcome to my flickr space & thank you for visiting-- I hope you enjoy my images. Photography is something that has long been a major passion of mine and I like most of its genres.
I find a large chunk of photography that I do could be labeled as nature photography and really it's no surprise. Conservation biology is a central area of interest for me, which is reflected in the subjects I chose. Photography can pair well with birding and botany, two other activities I also have a great time doing.
Often with my photography I hope to evoke the same sense of childhood wonder and appreciation for nature that experiencing it first-hand instills in me. I hope you find my images to be a fun diversion.
Click here to view a random sample of my images, or click here for my latest 48 images on one page.
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Google+
Here I am on 500px
Please note: All images are Copyrighted by Michael D. Menefee and All Rights are Reserved. ©
I do NOT allow usage of my work without my authorization in writing.
All of my images on Flickr are available for purchase or commercial licensing.
Nonprofit use is encouraged, for worthy causes I am willing to offer reduced usage fees or in some cases I may elect to waive all fees. Contact me for more information.
If you would like to use one of my photos, please send me an email to fortephemera [at] gmail.com
Or if you wish, you may purchase framed prints of my work here:
- Chicago Architecture 56,115 photos, 3,280 members
- ALL AMERICAS 16,995 photos, 767 members
- Moment Lenses 255 photos, 144 members
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - NASA 3,686 photos, 2,264 members
- Wild Birds of North America 172,934 photos, 1,767 members
- Water Birds 140,225 photos, 4,213 members
- Birds - Sea, Shore, Water and Wader 103,138 photos, 2,845 members
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art 39,754 photos, 3,499 members
- PARFAIT, GÉNIAL, EXCEPTIONNEL 15,362 photos, 421 members
- Nikkor AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR 86,165 photos, 3,211 members
- Kauai, Hawaii 22,653 photos, 1,806 members
- Hawaii Lovers 57,243 photos, 1,879 members
- Waimea Canyon State Park, Hawaii 430 photos, 104 members
- Hawaii 82,296 photos, 5,446 members
- Nikon D500 User Group 24,083 photos, 496 members
- Nikon D500 User's Group 118,606 photos, 3,343 members
- D500 Club 105,008 photos, 2,704 members
- Nikon D500 14,511 photos, 272 members
- Mastery of Light (on invitation only) 15,823 photos, 3,020 members
- Colorado's Beautiful Eastern Plains 706 photos, 44 members
- 99% Invisible - Now You See It 492 photos, 181 members
- butterfly,Butterfly, BUTTERFLY! 41,267 photos, 2,180 members
- Butterfly Beauty 198,898 photos, 13,128 members
- Denver Skyscrapers 880 photos, 162 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 1,189 photos, 670 members
- NMX ☀ Foto 20,832 photos, 560 members
- Heart of New Mexico 1,693 photos, 112 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 138,521 photos, 8,243 members
- NA Nature - In Nature 8,689 photos, 1,357 members
- MOUNTAIN 182,702 photos, 13,013 members
- ! !^Exquisite Art 50+ Faves (Level 1) (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 66,576 photos, 3,023 members
- Aviation Wreck and Relics 75,915 photos, 845 members
- Little Free Library 371 photos, 55 members
- Libraries and Librarians - Please tag the images you add! 56,097 photos, 4,755 members
- NATURE'S SPIRIT (by invitation) (post 1/award 1) 38,376 photos, 1,919 members
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR & VRII 154,055 photos, 8,488 members
- The Spirit of New Orleans 15,703 photos, 621 members
- New Orleans in Black and White 1,282 photos, 141 members
- City Skylines (Buildings,Cities) 423,115 photos, 20,378 members
- Colorado Front Range 863 photos, 15 members
- Unforgettable Landscapes(High Quality) 122,012 photos, 9,705 members
- Bird Perfect (Moderated) 46,979 photos, 2,815 members
- COLOUR STREET PORTRAITS 113,855 photos, 2,965 members
- New Orleans Architecture 2,596 photos, 177 members
- Visit New Orleans 909 photos, 93 members
- Southern Exposure 65,014 photos, 1,509 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,512,100 photos, 45,681 members
- Street Photography - Image of People. 350,584 photos, 9,845 members
- New Orleans Street Photography 2,574 photos, 634 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 126,750 photos, 4,797 members
Hot Flash Photography says:
"The fact that I haven't written a testimonial to Michael has to be put down to dementia - there's no other explanation. For almost as long as I have been on flickr, Michael has been a constant inspiration and support. I know for a fact that his fantastic photography and love of nature inspire many of us and his generosity with help and praise has lifted many a spirit over the years. Thank you, Michael, you represent what flickr is all about and was all about. Much of that spirit has been lost over the years as this site has grown but there's a nucleus of solid photographers here that make this a good place to call home. You're definitely one of them."
June 17th, 2010
flashy celery says:
"Crisp clear colorful artistic documenting beautiful creative lovely heart-warming emotional, etc. But, these are just some of the words that came to mind in the short time I paused to write this. Michael always has something great to share with the public on this website. It's obvious, he's willing to go the extra mile to produce magnificent photos and, as a young man, will have many more great compositions to share in the years to come."
April 12th, 2009
lucky e says:
"I could tell you about Fort Photo's skills, his passion, his style or the magnificence of Colorado that he captures so beautifully...or you could just visit his photostream and be blown away for yourself. Amazing. I have also noticed that Michael’s camera and significant talent travel with him wherever he goes. Bonus for us!"
April 8th, 2009
absent pies says:
"Fort Photo consistently posts some the most amazing nature and landscape photos on Flickr. He seems to have a knack for being at the right place at the right time, but after watching his posts for the last few months I know his talent goes far beyond a knack. Fort is clearly dedicated to capturing the best images of the natural world. With every image he posts the bar seems to be set higher and higher, yet he always manages to deliver.
He and his images are truly inspirational.
Thanks for posting to Flickr, Fort. – Jefe"
February 27th, 2009
"If there's a rank for top 100 Flickr Photographers, FortPhoto, for my opinion should have be on the highest rank. His photos shot on nature are all fantastic.
Defenetly worth looking at his photostream, and his inspirational work."
January 3rd, 2009
"Beautiful photos !!! Great work !!!"
November 23rd, 2008
"je me suis retrouvé la bouche grande ouverte devant tes photos !
des clichés pleins de fraicheurs et un regard sur le monde qui t entoure tellement touchant !
encore bravo , je ne peux que rester admiratif ..."
November 25th, 2008
"Michael is an extremely talented photographer. His work pulls you in and doesn't let go easily. I have learned not to start looking through his photostream unless I have some time to spend doing so. I'm always moved by Michael's work, and often left speechless by its beauty."
October 2nd, 2008
"Looking at Michael's photostream is liking going into a candy store. A little bit of everything...and I want them all.
Great pics. Amazing color. I love it."
October 21st, 2008
lackadaisical history says:
"Fort Photo is an amazing wildlife and nature photographer, who always manges to bring out the sheer beauty of each location he visits. Tremendous work and stream!
September 1st, 2008
"Fort Photo has to be one of the most talented members of Flickr. His fantastic images are a constant source of inspiration. A truly excellent photographer."
March 4th, 2008
"Michael is the most skillful nature watcher and photographer! His photostream is a true visual delight! I'm constantly amazed by his creativity and talent...
Dear Michael, I'm honored and happy to be one of your Flickr friends! :)))"
December 24th, 2007
"Fort photo captures the beauty and drama of nature perfectly. He is a big inspiration to me and I love viewing the world through his lens. Keep up the great work :)"
June 21st, 2007
Cyrus khamak says:
"You are a fine photographer and a kind person who supports and helps others do better in their work. I do take inspiration in your work and I thank you for being a friend."
May 28th, 2007
"Michael's photography of the natural world is several things: remarkable, flowing, elegant, beautiful, educational, and that only beings to describe his work. His love of the outdoors is evident with image after gorgeous image; matching wonderfully is his talent for seeking out and composing what must be the best scene one could hope for, and then some. Your correspondence, images, and open-mindedness are all exceptional, and one can always look forward to great images from your lens."
April 18th, 2007
1blessedmom Photography says:
"I always look forward to viewing Fort Photo's photography. Many of his photos simply WOW me. My husband was so amazed by some of his photos a while back that he said: "Wow! He's a much better photographer than you!" Sigh!!! But seriously, you won't be disappointed if you view his photos.
In addition to being a great photographer, he has been a wonderful flickr friend who comments on my photos as well. I always feel honored to receive his comments and am thrilled to have met him here on flickr!"
February 13th, 2007
Trish Overton says:
"I look forward to Fort's pics every day. I think he lives on the Moon part of the time because he finds the most unusual, beautiful, interesting places and all of his shots are memorable! He is also very helpfull to those of us who aren't computer savvy."
February 10th, 2007
Matt "Linus" Ottosen says:
"Fort Photo takes wonderful and amazing photos! His photostream is full of beautiful landscapes full of great detail and amazing colors. Watch his photostream, you will not be disappointed."
October 8th, 2006
"I think that a good Photographer can describe his personality trough his pictures. Upon this Fort Photo is a calm, patient (but sometimes quick in response) and very sensitive man. Most of the time he likes to be alone, but when meeting people, an open minded helpful guy, with lot of friends. Friends, in which group I would gladly be a member. The pictures are speaking for themselves - everyone can learn a lot from Fort Photo now and then. Now this is what I call: ART."
June 29th, 2006
- Michael Menefee
- April 2006
- Greeley, CO
- Fort Collins, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Conservation Biology
- Michael Menefee Photography