"You photograph with all your ideology, I don’t want anyone to appreciate the light or the palette of tones. I want my pictures to inform, to provoke discussion – and to raise money. " SEBASTIAO SALGADO
The DUDE ABIDES.......designer, enviromentalist , I'm an open book to you...full name and address, I've very little to hide. I look with a lens to the future, the past is past. very interested in music..OUR cameras....SINAR/BRON23/CaptureShop/Nikon700/FinePIXS3. Canon 40D and 5DMarkII, lotso Canon lenses love the 24 to 70mm best.... Did you know that Minor White Workshops checked all student's fancy-smancy cameras into a locker and then issued a polaroid ...with one shot a day-tomorrow critique, now that you have only One exposure, how do you frame it??...........Was it Hemmingway being shot (photographed) (insert Francis Macomber joke about "bring enough gun!" here) by Irving Penn.Hemmingway fancied himself quit a photographer, so he asked Penn "what kind of camera do you use?" ..Penn replied "what kind of typewriter does your best writting?" While we are on typewriters... William S. Burroughs said "Images. Millions of images. That's what I eat."- I could go there.
On "that" end i have a preference for pinhole cameras over Holgas and Lomo's and love the folks that still can run film through a Hawkeye or a Brownie.
A wise person once said "Better to light ONE SINGLE CANDLE than to curse the darkness"
..AND ALL THAT JAZZ
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
This website is worthWhat is your website worth?
"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it "
-- Ansel Adams
Photos of Steven Ford / snowbasinbumps (7)
- THE CAMERA 849 photos, 149 members
- Digital Photography Lovers 47,411 photos, 1,073 members
- Ophelias 130 photos, 26 members
- Utah Models 302 photos, 122 members
- A.E. ( Level 4 ) "NOT AWARDING BAN" 7,526 photos, 1,249 members
- Masterpieces at Second Sight (add one, comment two) 70,803 photos, 1,112 members
- Sunset's View Masters 23,082 photos, 2,190 members
- SnowbasinBUMPS 26 photos, 2 members
- Snowbasin ROCKS 0 photos, 1 member
- Foto di Sport - Sport 's Image 570 photos, 33 members
- Fotodiox Pro 10,395 photos, 965 members
- Flickr's FAV : 400 4,009 photos, 350 members
- # 444 views 4 favs (tasteful nudity allowed) 12,707 photos, 528 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 403,897 photos, 104,402 members
- Wedding Photography 259,650 photos, 52,708 members
- urinals 5,613 photos, 1,046 members
- plumb tired but feeling flush 1,329 photos, 360 members
- FloodSaxSAVE 19 photos, 2 members
- You see what I see... 92,555 photos, 809 members
- Altered States of Agoraphobia 3,125 photos, 460 members
- Fotodiox 1,804 photos, 139 members
- ~ O p h e l i a ~ 1,148 photos, 320 members
- Birdwatchers of the World 3,231 photos, 264 members
- Hibiscus wonder-Post 1 Award 3 LOOKING FOR MODERATOR 19,323 photos, 5,188 members
- Nikon D800/E, D810 & D850 Users Group 645,402 photos, 16,559 members
- interni&design 2,508 photos, 178 members
- The Models That We Shoot 283,153 photos, 8,408 members
- Project Weather 631,557 photos, 93,928 members
- Wing Tips 426 photos, 58 members
- Photopaddling 6,583 photos, 225 members
- Portrait Showroom 7,823 photos, 570 members
- portraits and faces. 1,921,943 photos, 96,028 members
- Getty Images and the Flickr Collection (closed) 146,305 photos, 3,573 members
- Utah's Best of the Best Photos 7,495 photos, 405 members
- Zombie Army 17,810 photos, 2,144 members
- Tango (People Dancing / Posing / Teaching Tango) 4,246 photos, 676 members
- NPR Look At This 155,093 photos, 6,235 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 442,545 photos, 29,718 members
- Adventure Dogs 3,984 photos, 169 members
- Abandoned 1,132,312 photos, 78,229 members
- Puppy Love 51,457 photos, 5,935 members
- UNFORGETTABLE FLOWERS (L1) [P1 - A3] (New - ID Thread) 175,346 photos, 7,740 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,764,575 photos, 528,093 members
- Wireless 462 photos, 121 members
- quilts and quilting 66,436 photos, 5,255 members
- CARBON FOOTPRINT [Nature Photography] (NO PETS!!) 15,247 photos, 420 members
- Clydesdales 1,157 photos, 211 members
- TheFlashBus 619 photos, 790 members
- James McMurtry Photos 118 photos, 11 members
- Soul Massage 284 photos, 99 members
"Master photographer Steven Ford is magnanimous, to say the least. It would be very difficult to venture, wade even, through his stream and not learn something in the process.
Thorough with his documentation of how, what and when, Master Ford benevolently shares with us much of what he knows, and thus it would be hard not to grow along with him.
Moreover, his documentation of life out on the plain, amongst the beautiful brown canyons of Utah, and all the animals that he loves, often proves to be a magnificent respite from the hustle and bustle, grit and grime of the daily grind that some of us must endure as beleaguered city dwellers.
Steven, thanks for giving me a chance to escape every once in while with a simple click of a button.
Author of 25 Lessons I’ve Learned about Photography,
the #1 Photo Essay and Artist Biography on Amazon.com for 2010!
November 3rd, 2010
"I have to thank the US-Army, that they once sent Steven Ford to Germany, to help to get the things in order there after World War II: so he could understand the situation of my hometown Wuppertal, could watch the long and difficult way towards democracy: and via those bridges of empathy I had interest enough to follow him into his country (he is a good leader with his bike and tent and boat and surfboard and ...); though we have e-mail connections to compare our lives (talking about how our children manage to grow into creative jobs) I am glad that there is the flickr pool, where I can SEE and compare the circumstances of his lifestyle (because it is not easy to understand each other stumbling through a foreign language...)"
October 6th, 2009
Wendell Summerville says:
"What I really like about Steve's work is its personality. Or rather his personality coming through in his work. Without ever actually meeting or speaking to to him, you can get to know him ... through his work. The sign of a real artist.
Go through his stream and here's what you'll learn:
1 - he's an excellent photographer
2 - he's friendly
3 - he's an explorer
4 - he likes dogs
5 - he likes people
6 - he likes what he sees (and wants to share it, thankfully)
7 - he's funny!
and 8 - he sports a cool hat!
May 10th, 2008
January 18th, 2008
Ibrahim Firaq says:
"cool ..... !! WOW just wow ! your all photo's are nice and wonderful ! i completely agree ! i voted steven ford as the most wonderful person of the flickr photographer ."
September 8th, 2007
"Color...it's the color!"
February 19th, 2007
"In her past life, she had been a coyote, prowling frozen hills in search of injured prey. All in all, she thought, investment banking was a more pleasant life. To the extent that it was different."
February 6th, 2007
"I always enjoy viewing Steven Ford's photostream...mainly for the wildlife and scenery. He gets around !!! Thank you for the wonderful ride :)"
February 17th, 2007
"I love the diversity of Steven's photography. Wildlife, architectural, portraits. Whatever it is, it never disappoints. His portraits are so intimate and he just paints with color. Best of all, views his shots is always a fun experience."
January 22nd, 2007
"Steven's photostream is one of the ones I know I will enjoy each time I visit it. Why? Because he doesn't just stick to one subject or method or framing or dof or whatever. There is always something new to look at and I end up saying, Damn, that's good. Whether it's Taz enjoying his yogurt with God's scenery peeking over his shoulder, or the fantastic opera shots to knock your socks off, or Eagles soaring high in the sky...there is something there for everyone.
Talent always shows...and Steven shows it all....
thanks, Steven...for the enjoyable photostream visits."
October 18th, 2006
Gail Orenstein says:
"Wow-I came here what a great surprise. After a few seconds on snowbasinsbumps photostream I thought about which pictures I wanted to point my photography studentn to wonderful case studies of action shots.
As I kept wondering around I found the ripples in the Sea and portraits with great character. I don't know which i like better, great stuff here. Snowbasinbumps work is like visiting the Tate Modern or the Met in New York, plenty of good stuff everywhere you look! Well done and well presented."
August 29th, 2006
- Steven Ford
- May 2006
- Odessa? no, no that would be Ogden, Utah.Have lived in MexicoCity,SanFranciso,LosAngeles,Dusseldorf,Koeln,Bochum,Herford,Essen,Lubbock and Dallas TX. Darien&Wilton, Connecticut.
- back again after many, many years., usa
- I am:
- Male and Taken